X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster final >>>> Leinster final
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Wonder how Hitchhiker's tent is holding up.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
        Wonder how Hitchhiker's tent is holding up.
        Don'tv envy the drowned rats at the concert although Noel has clearly taken pity on them and is belting out the Oasis numbers.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Im done with the fancy 72 hour 70% hydration lark...keeps biting my ass, just going to stick with the simple dough in future.
          I just make regular dough but what I've noticed is if I have a couple of dough balls left over, roll them up in cling film and put in the fridge overnight. Take out about an hour before hand the next day and it's amazingly supple and easy to work with.

Et voila:

20220605_182824.jpg

Comment

This lad is worth a follow

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

This outrage over golfers taking Saudi sportswashing loot seems somewhat hypocritical when you look at how soccer has willingly prostituted itself?

I don't really care either way but there seems to be a clear case of double standards at play.

Comment

Seems the Saudis golf and soccer go ahead and both have their detractors .

Should be allowed play where you like but similarly associations should decree their own rules . Social meja world is always outraged

Comment

Surprised to see Johnson exit date in 2022 holding hard at 1/1

Thinking seems to be that unlike all previous Tory leaders who scrape through a confidence vote he will refuse to move as long as he has a majority of even one.

I can't see how he can ever be anything but an election liability, but I guess in the world of Trump the game has changed and it doesn't matter what you do or how bare faced you lie about it the only thing that matters is the marketing campaign you run in the immediate run up to an election.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Had a hell of a time at Primavera. First festival in 3 years in the sun with 6am finishes has absolutely broken me.
                    If any of you get the chance to see Tyler, The Creator live, grab it

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      This outrage over golfers taking Saudi sportswashing loot seems somewhat hypocritical when you look at how soccer has willingly prostituted itself?

I don't really care either way but there seems to be a clear case of double standards at play.
                      You forgot horse racing, or maybe it's just been so long now.
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Saw a post somewhere of there only being 300 tickets sold for a leopardstown meet recently, and the suggestion to bump up numbers was to go into the high end gym near the track and drum up some footfall.

Honestly, how is horse racing even marketed for new 'fans' (let's be real, it's new punters they really want) these days?
                        College organised piss ups for a day out?
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Decent tune.

The "Backyard Sessions" took place earlier this summer when Miley brought her band together to perform some of her favorite songs. The second in the series i...
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            Had a hell of a time at Primavera. First festival in 3 years in the sun with 6am finishes has absolutely broken me.
                            my son's a huge fan of his, so i've listened to a lot of his stuff (mixed bag but definitely lots of cool tracks) and we're now waiting for him to do a show in London.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                              Saw a post somewhere of there only being 300 tickets sold for a leopardstown meet recently, and the suggestion to bump up numbers was to go into the high end gym near the track and drum up some footfall.

Honestly, how is horse racing even marketed for new 'fans' (let's be real, it's new punters they really want) these days?
                              Thought racing followed by a gig was the tried and tested formula now? Went to school with the guy who organises the events and entertainment side of things at Leopardstown. Must tell him he's doing a shite job next time I see him
                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

You forgot horse racing, or maybe it's just been so long now.
                                That is true, although I guess it predates sportswashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Surprised to see Johnson exit date in 2022 holding hard at 1/1

Thinking seems to be that unlike all previous Tory leaders who scrape through a confidence vote he will refuse to move as long as he has a majority of even one.

I can't see how he can ever be anything but an election liability, but I guess in the world of Trump the game has changed and it doesn't matter what you do or how bare faced you lie about it the only thing that matters is the marketing campaign you run in the immediate run up to an election.
                                  You and I can see he's a complete charlatan but electorally he is a massive winner. And proven to be so.

The minute that changes, he's toast. These bye-elections should be a whitewash for the Tories but I don't know that Boris will take the blame.

Happy to have a friendly bet with you at evens if you like.

Comment

Free entry for U16s (which effectively means U18s) and a tacit encouragement for parents to bring their kids racing. Get them started young.
                                    The blind eye that gets turned to 10 year olds doing a €2 bet on the Tote (not sure if this is still the case)
                                    College piss-up events.
                                    'Music after racing' events.
                                    (Although I think Leopardstown have fucked up the price-point this year, bumping it to €25 from a pre-pandemic €15. It's a shock price to the racing fan used to paying €15 for an egg-and-spoon meeting, whilst not really enticing for a music fan to see a no-mark band do a 45 minute set)

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

Thought racing followed by a gig was the tried and tested formula now? Went to school with the guy who organises the events and entertainment side of things at Leopardstown. Must tell him he's doing a shite job next time I see him
                                      Ah no he could well be onto a good one.
                                      ​​I'd go to the dogs before the horses.
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ah no he could well be onto a good one.
                                        ​​I'd go to the dogs before the horses.
                                        You went to the dogs quite some time ago.

(Actually, I wonder what the etymology of that is...turns out to not be what we would expect. More akin to our 'outside the pale'.)

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          Ya mean cover .

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                            I'm heading to the Porto version of Primavera on Wednesday. Tickets are still valid from 2020 after it was cancelled twice.

Can.Not.Wait.

I'm not sure the group I'm going with (me included) will last to 6am. I'll say we'll be more of a 2 or 3am semi respectable time frame.

Have a few days booked down the Douro for some R&R afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Ya mean cover .
                                              she does great covers, with that unique voice of hers. her music is shite though (although not suffered through her whole repertoire)

Comment

Happy to have a friendly bet with you at evens if you like.
                                                Cheers, I'm grand, was on at the fancy prices ages ago, greened up and now freerolling a '22 Exit. Given my record he's probably safe, can't even remember the last time I collected off a politics bet

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                  I'm heading to the Porto version of Primavera on Wednesday. Tickets are still valid from 2020 after it was cancelled twice.

Can.Not.Wait.

I'm not sure the group I'm going with (me included) will last to 6am. I'll say we'll be more of a 2 or 3am semi respectable time frame.

Have a few days booked down the Douro for some R&R afterwards
                                                  Enjoy, Shellac and Little Simz were great too

Comment

Cheers, I'm grand, was on at the fancy prices ages ago, greened up and now freerolling a '22 Exit. Given my record he's probably safe, can't even remember the last time I collected off a politics bet
                                                    You get waaay too emotional about politics betting. I'm sure I could goad you into some kind of SF lock on the next GE, if I was an unscrupulous sort.

Comment

PISTOLS on Disney Plus . Brilliant so far

Comment

148 against Johnson, if he had any moral backbone he's resign tonight but he doesn't so he'll hang on grimly.

Comment

148 against Johnson, if he had any moral backbone he's resign tonight but he doesn't so he'll hang on grimly.
                                                          Nah he’ll stay on but a very significant vote against him.

Nadine Dorries was on fire again today for anyone who didn’t see the video

Comment

I'd say its a weak 148 against him. The votes against May seemed a lot more meaningful. While this was maybe more intended as a warning signal rather than a shove. He's a gobshite of the highest order, but he's probably the gobshite that the public want, while May had no connection to the public.
                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              I'd say its a weak 148 against him. The votes against May seemed a lot more meaningful. While this was maybe more intended as a warning signal rather than a shove. He's a gobshite of the highest order, but he's probably the gobshite that the public want, while May had no connection to the public.
                                                              not any more. he's lost the public and the house. he won't even win his constituency next time round. this is the beginning of the end, and hopefully it's swift

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

not any more. he's lost the public and the house. he won't even win his constituency next time round. this is the beginning of the end, and hopefully it's swift
                                                                Hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                  he won't even win his constituency next time round.
                                                                  I doubt he'll be standing.

Comment

they have their playbook
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Laid bare like this, it's amazing he got where he is
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Great to see the EU standardising charging cables, so that from 2024 most new devices (including phones, tablets, ereaders, wireless buds, etc) will use USB-C, and laptops to follow a few years later it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                          Great to see the EU standardising charging cables, so that from 2024 most new devices (including phones, tablets, ereaders, wireless buds, etc) will use USB-C, and laptops to follow a few years later it seems.
                                                                          Should have been done 10 years ago....
                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Johnson's Tories will probably start a populist campaign to bring back RS232 alongside pounds and ounces

Comment

Oh laptops would be a massive win. Ironically, given their opposition to the regulation for their phones, a key selling point of Apple laptops is that they have USB-C

Comment

That's a downside of the Nissan Leaf, that they use a charger called Chademo which appears to have rapidly become the betamax of the car charging world. It's grand now, as the Leaf is so popular, but going to have quite the destructive impact on resale value.
                                                                                ​​​​​​

Comment

A sad indictment of the English people that this GOON got a paperboy job never mind PM. Yer average Jack must be as braindead as yer average Trumper . Through the looking glass .

Comment

I'll defend Nandos to the hilt as the best fast food out there, but jesus €20 for a bit of chicken, chips and a drink would break your heart. Inflation has run amok.
                                                                                    ​​​​​

Comment

Wasn't there some agreement to do that about 11 years ago?
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I'll defend Nandos to the hilt as the best fast food out there, but jesus €20 for a bit of chicken, chips and a drink would break your heart. Inflation has run amok.
                                                                                        ​​​​​
                                                                                        I should have taken up that offer to be the lead franchisee for Nandos in Ireland all those years ago. We'd be millionaires now Rodney. Half price meals to HH Elitists.

Now actively trying to make my fortune in another way. Relocation offer has finally landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                          PISTOLS on Disney Plus . Brilliant so far
                                                                                          Definitely really well made, certainly one vital 'version' of the story. It's Danny Boyle producing so it was always gonna look, feel and sound awesome. A homage with dramatic realism running though its veins.

We've not been allowed to hear any non-linear linear narrative on this story before.

Steve Jones voice is just as powerful as Lydon/McLaren/Matlock and TBH I probably wouldn't want to work with Lydon either, such a grumpy basterd he is.

Here his is ... I quite like the fact that someone else gets their chance to tell the story... three of the pistols minus McLaren and Rotten? Fine by me. Iv heard their stories a million times.

If you don't know or care much for the Sex Pistols and their impact on music then this easy to watch six-parter is a brilliant place to start. The sights and sound of 70s London are captured brillaintly.
                                                                                          Last edited by BennyHiFi; 07-06-22, 19:29.

Comment

I need Irish Times to win the last in Chelmsford for a 2k score/place 400 quid mark. I know BBV curse and all that. Degen Tuesdays.. felt a bit robbed after the weekend as had my biggest best in a long time (since GDC @ Cheltenham)on derby winner but chickened out last minute and reduced stake by 50%..
                                                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

I should have taken up that offer to be the lead franchisee for Nandos in Ireland all those years ago. We'd be millionaires now Rodney. Half price meals to HH Elitists.

Now actively trying to make my fortune in another way. Relocation offer has finally landed.
                                                                                              Never felt like nandos kicked off here? And the trend has died well down at this stage anyway. Give me a good hillbilly's over it anyday
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I need Irish Times to win the last in Chelmsford for a 2k score/place 400 quid mark. I know BBV curse and all that. Degen Tuesdays.. felt a bit robbed after the weekend as had my biggest best in a long time (since GDC @ Cheltenham)on derby winner but chickened out last minute and reduced stake by 50%..
                                                                                                It couldn't handle the weight of your money, ul.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Never felt like nandos kicked off here? And the trend has died well down at this stage anyway. Give me a good hillbilly's over it anyday
                                                                                                  I think there's about a dozen outlets now. The one in Swords alone must be an absolute goldmine.

This South African lady I worked with was a real entrepreneur, always looking out for her next piece of action and proposed that I would be the man to introduce Nandos to Ireland. Despite having eaten many Nandos meals, I didn't feel this qualified me and so I politely turned her down.
                                                                                                  I may yet be asking 'do you want fries with that?' but I won't be doing it Gus Fring style. That was the chance.

latest?cb=20170418095625.jpg

Comment

I assume it’s a move to the states. Are you going? What city if so and what’s the family view?
                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

That's a downside of the Nissan Leaf, that they use a charger called Chademo which appears to have rapidly become the betamax of the car charging world. It's grand now, as the Leaf is so popular, but going to have quite the destructive impact on resale value.
                                                                                                      ​​​​​​
                                                                                                      This was pointed out to you before you bought. Basically in a few years time charging a Leaf out and about will be a serious pain in the ass.

Interestingly the technology does make it easier to store and release solar power so if you find yourself in need of a mobile battery storage solution having a Nissan Leaf has certain advantages too.

I’m planning on selling mine and upgrading to an MG ZS EV over the next while. Be interesting to see what I can get for the Leaf.
                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

This was pointed out to you before you bought. Basically in a few years time charging a Leaf out and about will be a serious pain in the ass.

Interestingly the technology does make it easier to store and release solar power so if you find yourself in need of a mobile battery storage solution having a Nissan Leaf has certain advantages too.

I’m planning on selling mine and upgrading to an MG ZS EV over the next while. Be interesting to see what I can get for the Leaf.
                                                                                                        I only listen to bad news after I've made a mistake. Meh, we paid the car off, so if we get five-six years out of it, it'll turn out to have been a bargain. I guess lethargy will keep the chads in motorway stops running for a decade, and we only charge it once a week at home anyway and that's enough for all normal use.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

I assume it’s a move to the states. Are you going? What city if so and what’s the family view?
                                                                                                          Yes to the first and the rest all TBC. Negotiations underway.

Comment

Good luck. We’re overdue a spot of lunch. I’ll drop you a line and see if we can get a mutually convenient date.

Comment

I only listen to bad news after I've made a mistake. Meh, we paid the car off, so if we get five-six years out of it, it'll turn out to have been a bargain. I guess lethargy will keep the chads in motorway stops running for a decade, and we only charge it once a week at home anyway and that's enough for all normal use.
                                                                                                              You’ll easily get 5-6 years out of it. And charging at home is what you’ll mostly do. There will still be plenty of folk in 5 years time which a second hand Leaf for nipping about will be perfect.

Comment

The veggie garden is absolutely exploding. Only downside is that we might now need to eat the veg. Tucked in there at the back, and in the greenhouse, are the finely curated veg and tomatoes (the crimea tomatoes were a nice touch ) donated by strewel, who came up with loads of cool veg and dropped words of wisdom all over the garden.

MVCEFIQl.jpg

Comment

Thats ridiculously exciting. Was out at lunch with someone today, my age, who is moving country for a new job and you could see he is renewed in terms of rethinking old patterns he had settled into and planning a whole new way of living. Best of luck sir! (Obv bearing in mind that there's probably loads of decision making left to do)
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 07-06-22, 22:23.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Definitely really well made, certainly one vital 'version' of the story. It's Danny Boyle producing so it was always gonna look, feel and sound awesome. A homage with dramatic realism running though its veins.

We've not been allowed to hear any non-linear linear narrative on this story before.

Steve Jones voice is just as powerful as Lydon/McLaren/Matlock and TBH I probably wouldn't want to work with Lydon either, such a grumpy basterd he is.

Here his is ... I quite like the fact that someone else gets their chance to tell the story... three of the pistols minus McLaren and Rotten? Fine by me. Iv heard their stories a million times.

If you don't know or care much for the Sex Pistols and their impact on music then this easy to watch six-parter is a brilliant place to start. The sights and sound of 70s London are captured brillaintly.
                                                                                                                    Think he had a point no?

Comment

Boo was rooting to see it in the results section.

Comment

First trip to the cinema in a long long time. Only 10 people there (no noisy neighbours) the main screen there was a projector issue and we ended up getting free pass next time. Top Gun was the perfect mix of nostalgia and action. Very enjoyable. 4 Bows out of 5.
                                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Best of luck RD3. Exciting times.
                                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X