Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing that's not a daily occurrence on the M7 and M50, the majority of bikers are lunatics going way too fast and relying on car drivers behaving and at least 1/3rd of the cars are speeding and driven erratically by imbeciles who casually switch lanes without paying any attention to what's going on around them.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      It's amazing that's not a daily occurrence on the M7 and M50, the majority of bikers are lunatics going way too fast and relying on car drivers behaving and at least 1/3rd of the cars are speeding and driven erratically by imbeciles who casually switch lanes without paying any attention to what's going on around them.
      This is my daily rant to the missus . Although never see too many bad bikers usually white vans up peoples arses and slow drivers in the wrong lane. We drive badly .

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Meh. My personal accidents, have been about 50% cars rear ending me, 30% cars reversing into me, 10% cars pulling out when I had right of way, and 10% getting caught by the rear end by an artic who somehow didn't see me. My general experience has been that most car drivers leave a random distance between themselves and the vehicle in front of them(regardless of speed), but don't consider a motorcycle a vehicle and so completely ignore them.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

On a lighter note .

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
            On a lighter note .
            Ha. I had to use a search engine to get that

Comment

eight squid beers. its a brave new world.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Meh. My personal accidents, have been about 50% cars rear ending me, 30% cars reversing into me, 10% cars pulling out when I had right of way, and 10% getting caught by the rear end by an artic who somehow didn't see me. My general experience has been that most car drivers leave a random distance between themselves and the vehicle in front of them(regardless of speed), but don't consider a motorcycle a vehicle and so completely ignore them.
                True but all that means that bikers need to be extremely defensive.
                I travel at 100 on the N7 and never ever pass a motorbike, but in heavy traffic at peak times when all the gobshites are randomly switching lanes I'm passed by dozens of bikes squeezing between cars and trucks.
                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-06-22, 21:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Staycation next week, first thing i did this morning was go out and buy a rainjacket. FU Ireland.
                  Did you plump for the greatest town in Ireland in the end? Give me a shout if you fancy a pint

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Did you plump for the greatest town in Ireland in the end? Give me a shout if you fancy a pint
                    Yep, should escape for a few some evening will give u warning

Comment

If i wanted to go to the airport today i couldnt have anyway, carnage on the M50. Tough time for a few families tonight
                      Saw that coming the other way. Always a bad sign when the medics are standing around scratching themselves but the motorway's still closed. :-/
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Two dead apparently. Including one who had a heart attack at the scene. Heard that a few times of people getting in crashes and surviving, but the shock pushes their hearts over the edge. Awful stuff. Some poor fucker trapped in a car at the bottom of the River Lee today also. Two kids in the back of the car who were thankfully rescued. Although that story has been written up in kind of a strange way, as if there might be more to the story. Hopefully not.

Comment

Yep, should escape for a few some evening will give u warning
                          Tuesday or Friday (away other days).

Comment

Watched a 12-minute video on how to use petrol station tyre air pumps. +1 would watch again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Watched a 12-minute video on how to use petrol station tyre air pumps. +1 would watch again.
                              Agsin usually fairly easy but just check you have a valve adjuster in your boot kit before you head off.

Comment

Two dead apparently. Including one who had a heart attack at the scene. Heard that a few times of people getting in crashes and surviving, but the shock pushes their hearts over the edge. Awful stuff. Some poor fucker trapped in a car at the bottom of the River Lee today also. Two kids in the back of the car who were thankfully rescued. Although that story has been written up in kind of a strange way, as if there might be more to the story. Hopefully not.
                                Grim when guards have to remind people to have some basic human decency and not share footage of the scene
                                whatsapp culture strikes again
                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Money.
                                  EA already has deals with most clubs / leagues.
                                  Fifa had the name and World Cup. Fifa wanted a pretty hefty wedge for that alone.
                                  It's a calculated gamble by ea. They'll have EA Soccer or something next year.
                                  FIFA giving up a load of easy money there-no way they’ll find someone to just slap the name on and compete- ISS dead at this stage (no idea as don’t play anymore)
                                  EA safe enough especially with the sick joke that is UT
                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Cheers folks a lot to ponder there . The missus has Only our Rivers Run Free and Stor mo Croi covered.
                                    The Clacy brother dylan cover one hnmm Helsinki being a port city . Could work. Keep that as a suprise .
                                    Somebody feed Phil, latest series on netflix he is in Helsinki...looks like a great city...and the PM...hmmmm
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

#notallwomen but always women...
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

We will play Walk of Stars in the Derby today.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Somebody feed Phil, latest series on netflix he is in Helsinki...looks like a great city...and the PM...hmmmm
                                          Will watch that , cheers . Been there so many times find a little something new each time. I'm big chowder fan , their fish soup is amazing. Id live on it.

yeah the PM is hawwwttt as fk

Comment

I do love Phil, infectiously upbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              We will play Walk of Stars in the Derby today.
                                              Well named...the walking part anyway

Comment

My kid's pal's parents have offered to bring her to Potato Park tomorrow. Want to drop some cash around but not sure of the amount.

Any help?
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Poisoner poisoned. Feels ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    My kid's pal's parents have offered to bring her to Potato Park tomorrow. Want to drop some cash around but not sure of the amount.

Any help?
                                                    child ticket is 40 quid, a bit less if booked online in advance. Add in food or whatever, you wouldn't see any change out of 50 quid anyway.

50 quid is a nice round number too, gets awkward if you go to 60 and 70 seems like too much. I'd probably just drop 50 and say you hope that covers it.

Comment

I do love Phil, infectiously upbeat.
                                                      And not in that fake American upbeat way, he comes across as a genuinely really nice guy.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Any help?
                                                        Personally, if I offered i would have already known the cost and would be offended by an offer of cash...maybe a nice bottle of champers instead ?
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Personally, if I offered i would have already known the cost and would be offended by an offer of cash...maybe a nice bottle of champers instead ?
                                                          Ah no, I wouldn't be comfortable not giving some money towards it. I've already told her I'd drop some cash around, just don't want to make a bollix of the amount. I was thinking €50, so cheers Dobby for that.

Comment

Ah no, I wouldn't be comfortable not giving some money towards it. I've already told her I'd drop some cash around, just don't want to make a bollix of the amount. I was thinking €50, so cheers Dobby for that.
                                                            If it were me taking the kid i'd politely refuse your offer and hope it doesnt go all Mrs Doyle. Sometimes people get a kick out of treating kids. A cute way out might be to give the kid a kitty and tell them to please help her spend it.

Comment

For the pizza people: smoked scamorza cheese. Squisito!

Comment

Finlands Government would get full Dail attention daily.

Comment

If it were me taking the kid i'd politely refuse your offer and hope it doesnt go all Mrs Doyle. Sometimes people get a kick out of treating kids. A cute way out might be to give the kid a kitty and tell them to please help her spend it.
                                                                  Haha, my kid would have it gone inside three minutes on those Teddy grab machines.

Comment

Out West. Heading over to Inish Lacken and the water is a bit choppy as the wind is up. Getting a bit wet but it's not too bad. Arrive at our somewhat secluded beach and even that was a little bit choppier than normal.

Father in Law : Will you jump out, grab the bow and hold the boat steady

Me : Sure

Also me : *Fully submerged in 7 foot of water*

Grabbed the bow and help her steady though....

Comment

Anyone else disappointed with the new Floor is Lava? While the sets are a little more impressive looking they're definitely easier to conquer.

Where it captured something at the start of the pandemic I think its run out of momentum already. Two years to produce 5 episodes is a bloody shambles.

Some of the editing/continuity is crap too, random stuff like contestants with dry hair and 'lava' smeared on their arms in the exit interviews (they've obviously been in the shower already).

Only 2 contestants for the volcano for each team in episode 1 but three there after and no explanation. What, you think we wouldn't notice?

Just not good enough lads. However JuniorHiFi doesn't seem to mind, despite my incessant giving out about how easy it is now.

Comment

For the pizza people: smoked scamorza cheese. Squisito!
                                                                        Im done with the fancy 72 hour 70% hydration lark...keeps biting my ass, just going to stick with the simple dough in future.
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Yer man out of the Beautiful South warbling away in St Annes.
                                                                          Reckon we did better to get Noel Gallagher tomorrow for the freebie tix.

Comment

So I've pretty much got my new office cum record shop cum recoding studio up and running, three months after moving into the new gaff.

It's a small room so not anywhere near big enough to house the entire collection BUT it feels great to sit in there every day and be surrounded with the sights and sounds of 40 years of popular (and not so popular) culture.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                              So I've pretty much got my new office cum record shop cum recoding studio up and running, three months after moving into the new gaff.

It's a small room so not anywhere near big enough to house the entire collection BUT it feels great to sit in there every day and be surrounded with the sights and sounds of 40 years of popular (and not so popular) culture.

Benny that's incredible, a real treasure trove. You can really feel your expertise and passion.

Great to hear your voice and accent too

Comment

Benny that's incredible, a real treasure trove. You can really feel your expertise and passion.

Great to hear your voice and accent too
                                                                                Doire abu!

I'm 30 years out of the north (in Dublin longer than my time growing up there in fact) but my accent has only evolved marginally I suspect via US/UK/Aus etc...
                                                                                Last edited by BennyHiFi; 04-06-22, 21:35.

Comment

Very cool
                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

In fairness I thought Paul and Jacqui pretty much nailed it - 2 hour set which ticked all the hits and an audience which loved it.
                                                                                    Voice probably is a bit warbly but as he pointed out a few times he's 60 now.
                                                                                    Noel Gallagher will be a different sort of gig.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

In fairness I thought Paul and Jacqui pretty much nailed it - 2 hour set which ticked all the hits and an audience which loved it.
                                                                                      I think by freebie he means hearing it from his back garden.

Pavarotti would sound warbly stretched over hedges and fences.

Comment

Came 2nd in parkrun this morning which I'm still buzzing a little about. Lead the field for 4km until a stitch killed my chance of glory.

A few of the speedier guys didn't show up, would have only been good enough for about 8th place if they did but still, felt good.

Comment

Any idea how much one would have to spend on a record player for it to be worthwhile?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Any idea how much one would have to spend on a record player for it to be worthwhile?
                                                                                            About 200 euro is the line in the sand Keane.

Comment

I think by freebie he means hearing it from his back garden.
                                                                                              No, we get freebie tix for some nebulous reason of being local.

Comment

No, we get freebie tix for some nebulous reason of being local.
                                                                                                Oh, well that's pretty cool.

Comment

Not looking like much of a day for outdoor stuff.

Comment

Terribad call IMO.

Last night I went to see Peggy Seeger who is rising 87 play a two hour set with her son Callum McColl. Her voice is as sweet and clear as it ever was and she plays the banjo really well.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Not looking like much of a day for outdoor stuff.
                                                                                                      I left the usage of the tickets in the hands of Mrs D3, on the understanding I wouldn't be her plus one.

She was feeling shortchanged at not having drawm Duran Duran next weekend. I reckon 80% of the neighbours don't use these tickets anyway so she'll probably get a pair for the price of having to chat up some auld wan for a few minutes.

Comment

Came 2nd in parkrun this morning which I'm still buzzing a little about. Lead the field for 4km until a stitch killed my chance of glory.

A few of the speedier guys didn't show up, would have only been good enough for about 8th place if they did but still, felt good.
                                                                                                        Have you done this one, the cross country course in Abbotstown results | Sport Ireland Campus parkrun
                                                                                                        It's not hitting big numbers so I'm not sure how long it'll continue, so I'm thinking it'd be good to get done this summer.
                                                                                                        I'd guess it'd be at least 2 minutes slower than a concrete path, so not one for PB hunting.

Comment

Have you done this one, the cross country course in Abbotstown results | Sport Ireland Campus parkrun
                                                                                                          It's not hitting big numbers so I'm not sure how long it'll continue, so I'm thinking it'd be good to get done this summer.
                                                                                                          I'd guess it'd be at least 2 minutes slower than a concrete path, so not one for PB hunting.
                                                                                                          I didn't realise there was a parkrun there. Mad thing is, I've worked beside there for the past decade and only this week I realised I could run that course.

Went in twice this week on my lunchbreak, such a fabulous place to run, and was only thinking it would be a great spot for a parkrun.

I'll pop down to it over the next few weeks. Surprised it's not getting good numbers.

Comment

Not too interested in pb chasing anyway, I very rarely ever run parkrun flat out. Only did so yesterday as I've a race in two weeks.

Comment

In galway due the weekend.

I can't remember if mystery guest is from galway or mayo. Must be mayo. couldn't see his heart lasting amongst the hemp and hair bun craft beer loving alternatives in Galway.

Comment

Jaysus lazare, I'll be broke after this hotel but holy god the Europe is some spot. I've never been as chilled out in a hotel ever. The only other "destination" hotel I've been to is Monart and this place absolutley blows it out of the water. It's just unreal here

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                  Jaysus lazare, I'll be broke after this hotel but holy god the Europe is some spot. I've never been as chilled out in a hotel ever. The only other "destination" hotel I've been to is Monart and this place absolutley blows it out of the water. It's just unreal here
                                                                                                                  Incredible isn't it.

We can both thank SP for the recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I can't remember if mystery guest is from galway or mayo. Must be mayo. couldn't see his heart lasting amongst the hemp and bun alternatives in Galway.
                                                                                                                    Pretty sure it's Sligo, you know that county that you drive through on the way to places.

Comment

Sorry Dom, collateral damage

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I can't remember if mystery guest is from galway or mayo. Must be mayo. couldn't see his heart lasting amongst the hemp and bun alternatives in Galway.
                                                                                                                        Galway, the city where ambition goes to die.

Comment

Incredible isn't it.

We can both thank SP for the recommendation.
                                                                                                                          Absolutley. Wp SP

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X