Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm, the jury forgot to fill in the correct forms.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      hmm, the jury forgot to fill in the correct forms.
      Where were you when the OJ trial finished? I'm certain I didn't pay any attention to it at the time, and only have memories from afterwards.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Is there a "favourite" to win the verdict?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Where were you when the OJ trial finished? I'm certain I didn't pay any attention to it at the time, and only have memories from afterwards.
          hmm. I don't know.

Comment

announcing now!

Comment

We can look forward to a Pirates of the Caribbean movie every year on the year

Comment

Is Depp in the court?

Comment

Is the judge repeating alot of the charges/results?

Comment

They haven't finished the announcements yet, so don't know damages (which could be zero), but from the outside it seems like it was her legal team that lost this. They seem to have been consistently woeful.

Comment

Don't hear any cheering

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                        Is the judge repeating alot of the charges/results?
                        it does seem very repetitive

Comment

Thats brutal though. $15m is presumably the same as being wiped out?

Comment

Got $2m back for being counter-defamed. So only a net loss of $13m.

I presume you would have loads of stuff ringfenced in pensions and family home, so you'd only lose the 'spare cash' and still be grand.

Comment

Got $2m back for being counter-defamed. So only a net loss of $13m.

I presume you would have loads of stuff ringfenced in pensions and family home, so you'd only lose the 'spare cash' and still be grand.
                              And the punitive damages are capped at 350k, so that's another 4.65m back. I suppose a lot depends on what work she may get in the future.

Comment

Mr Depp will certainly be partying at whatever gig he is at tonight.

Comment

googling her NW, seems to be between 2.5-8m

Comment

They may negotiate the final payment anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                      They may negotiate the final payment anyway.
                                      Its her future earning power which is presumably shot. Realistically she didn't expand her fanbase over the trial.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

And the punitive damages are capped at 350k, so that's another 4.65m back. I suppose a lot depends on what work she may get in the future.
                                        Was sure i heard that as well, but all the media outlets seem to be running with $15m

Comment

Hello friends, been a while

Comment

Its her future earning power which is presumably shot. Realistically she didn't expand her fanbase over the trial.
                                            Oh yeah shes utterly fucked. Wouldnt get a walk in part on.Fair City at this stage!
                                            Wonder how they portray her now will she double down on the wronged victim helpless against the might of the malevolent patriarchy.

Shes a real piece of work. Watched more of that trial.than I thought I would. The skill of the JD team!

Dont know if you saw the AH expert witness ..Dr Spiegel a psychiatrist who rendered an opinion on "processing speed" based on movies he saw and a few interviews of JD
                                            His cross exam was surreal!

Comment

Doubt 15m will wipe her out long term . Deffo get some work. Ive never heard of her before this now i might watch out of curiosity. Fame is money . She'll play the victim even more . The metoo gang will be there for her.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                Giz a pic of your craft beer lineup for the evening
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Wonder if there is any rich person insurance against such a thing

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Giz a pic of your craft beer lineup for the evening
                                                    Great times, not of a school night though

Comment

Checking in for the cricket season?
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                        Doubt 15m will wipe her out long term . Deffo get some work. Ive never heard of her before this now i might watch out of curiosity. Fame is money . She'll play the victim even more . The metoo gang will be there for her.
                                                        Her already filmed part of aquaman 2 is being cut or recast.
                                                        other than that leading to a few cameos in other DC movies she hasn't got any major movie coming up, or had a proper hit since maybe Zombieland over ten years ago.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Was gonna wait till we had another test match but might never be back then

Comment

Was gonna wait till we had another test match but might never be back then
                                                            Fucking great to see ya lad
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The Orville back tomorrow after a few year hiatus. One of televisions finest shows.

Comment

I’d trust the British judge who found that Depp assaulted Heard over whatever bunch of starfucking yokels made up the jury in case just finished- they’ll be all over the media soon enough looking their 5 mins and bit of coin- what a mess
                                                                Last edited by MysteryGuest; 01-06-22, 22:13.
                                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Although to say fair play to Depp- he never went stooped as low as acting in a Marvel movie- he gets credit for that
                                                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                    I’d trust the British judge who found that Depp assaulted Heard over whatever bunch of starfucking yokels made up the jury in case just finished- they’ll be all over the media soon enough looking their 5 mins and bit of coin- what a mess
                                                                    Different laws around defamation in both countries, I guess. But also the jury trial is the default trial method for a reason. It wipes out individual bias, such as a single judge might express.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Only 2 thank fuck.
                                                                      I was sure you had one then a couple of years later had twins. Must be thinking of someone else, although I'm fairly sure you do have twins. Then again, is anything real?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I was sure you had one then a couple of years later had twins. Must be thinking of someone else, although I'm fairly sure you do have twins. Then again, is anything real?
                                                                        is that elbows maybe.

Comment

Our electricity meter reading at midnight last night: 91801, our meter reading right now 91782. omg. Had solar installed on Tuesday and because its a 60 year old meter it literally rewinds back when there is excess electricity. Who needs a battery when we've got that!
                                                                          This lasted 28 hours, as ESB turned up this morning and installed a smart meter. Fuckers.

Comment

I can say with great pride that I don't gaf about the Johnny Depp thing. Didn't give it a minute of my attention.

In fact, this post is the most I've thought about it.
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                              British trial wasn’t an assault trial, neither was. British trial was against the paper. Judge found their statements had substance or something to the effect.

This was a defamation case against Heard directly. I’d assume that the charges and thresholds are entirely different. It’s entirely possible that the result in both trials was correct within their context.

I didn’t see much, other than the snippets in various media. I’d trust the people in the room to have a much better overall view. But from what I did see, it didn’t paint Heard in a good light. She contracted her own testimony. Got caught in a few lies, including more or less proving she lied in British court.

They most likely had an volatile relationship. But if was proven she exaggerated and fabricated events in order to damage his reputation. Well that’s probably defamation

Comment

The Orville back tomorrow after a few year hiatus. One of televisions finest shows.
                                                                                liking the new star trek series too

Comment

Based on the tiny bit I read of it, he seems like a fairly standard movie star asshole with likely at least two serious addictions. She seems to be from another planet and has convinced herself she's a victim.

As in the Paddy Jackson trial, I only wish there was an option available to the jury "we find you all to be fucking idiots".

Comment

Never heard of Heard before but have seen a good few snippets of this trial for some reason.

He should do the mic drop finish and order she pays the loots to the 2 Hospitals that were mentioned in the trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                      I can say with great pride that I don't gaf about the Johnny Depp thing. Didn't give it a minute of my attention.

In fact, this post is the most I've thought about it.
                                                                                      Many interesting aspects to the case. The fact that is played out on TV, like the OJ trial, gave us all a rare opportunity to witness what go's on in a real courtroom in real time. No need for LA Law, Law and Order, Judge Judy or to hang around the courts in person.

This was a case of what happens when relationships turn toxic. We are all in relationships so can easily become interested in what happens in extreme cases. Hopefully to learn a lesson and not just for gratuitous voyeurism. Smart people learn from their mistakes, wise people from the mistakes of others.

It kinda captured the zeitgeist in that it touched on many topical issues like metoo, the cult of celebrity, social media and influencing, violence against women, toxic masculinity and emasculation culture.

To me it seemed one was as bad as the other. Depp probably did the things he was accused of. Should he get a pass because she was just as bad?

What I find most shocking is the backlash against Heard on social media. She is being destroyed in so many memes that I suspect it's orchestrated or fed by Depp's team or supporters. The jury members would have access to all of this.

The death of #MeToo?
                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Those big trials always have astro turfing PR firms putting out content. I think even during the Knoxx trial in Italy there were hired guns posting on 2p2 about it.

With TikTok/ Instagram it's only gotten bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Checking in for the cricket season?
                                                                                          Is there ever anything worth going to in the lcc?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Flights may be less than €100 but Denny obviously expensing the "Platinum Services".

https://www.thejournal.ie/daa-airpor...80476-Jun2022/
                                                                                            I've never used that, and I doubt I'll ever get/need to expense it.

But I have always had that in the back of my mind it would be good for a big trip or honeymoon etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Is there ever anything worth going to in the lcc?
                                                                                              Well, it looks like changing their captain turned England into world beaters.

Or maybe the Jubilee has just fired up their patriotic juices.

What do you mean, Icc? like the Irish games. India will be here this summer but I believe, according to my Indian colleagues, tickets are all gone.

Comment

This lasted 28 hours, as ESB turned up this morning and installed a smart meter. Fuckers.
                                                                                                Wow.... Didn't think the tip line would be that efficient
                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Never underestimate the power of the Kerry fairy folk.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Well, it looks like changing their captain turned England into world beaters.

Or maybe the Jubilee has just fired up their patriotic juices.

What do you mean, Icc? like the Irish games. India will be here this summer but I believe, according to my Indian colleagues, tickets are all gone.
                                                                                                    Oh I just meant the Leinster Cricket Club.

Given the huge Indian presence here that's not really a surprise. That's a pity actually, my friend lives with an Indian couple (via recently arranged marriage). Would have been a good day out.

Comment

Oh I just meant the Leinster Cricket Club.

Given the huge Indian presence here that's not really a surprise. That's a pity actually, my friend lives with an Indian couple (via recently arranged marriage). Would have been a good day out.
                                                                                                      sure any cricket match is a good one on a sunny day, with a suitably cooling beverage to hand

Comment

Many interesting aspects to the case. The fact that is played out on TV, like the OJ trial, gave us all a rare opportunity to witness what go's on in a real courtroom in real time. No need for LA Law, Law and Order, Judge Judy or to hang around the courts in person.

This was a case of what happens when relationships turn toxic. We are all in relationships so can easily become interested in what happens in extreme cases. Hopefully to learn a lesson and not just for gratuitous voyeurism. Smart people learn from their mistakes, wise people from the mistakes of others.

It kinda captured the zeitgeist in that it touched on many topical issues like metoo, the cult of celebrity, social media and influencing, violence against women, toxic masculinity and emasculation culture.

To me it seemed one was as bad as the other. Depp probably did the things he was accused of. Should he get a pass because she was just as bad?

What I find most shocking is the backlash against Heard on social media. She is being destroyed in so many memes that I suspect it's orchestrated or fed by Depp's team or supporters. The jury members would have access to all of this.
                                                                                                        There’s definitely an element of orchestrated social media. But seemed to be a lot of amateur analysts.
                                                                                                        I guess that social media now, like the amateur detective stuff when that girl went missing/was murdered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                          There’s definitely an element of orchestrated social media. But seemed to be a lot of amateur analysts.
                                                                                                          I guess that social media now, like the amateur detective stuff when that girl went missing/was murdered.
                                                                                                          The more I look at it, I can't see how Heard's 3 alleged defamatory statements were deemed to be false. If a statement is true or substantially true it can't be defamatory right?

“I spoke up against sexual violence — and faced our culture’s wrath. That has to change.”

“Then two years ago, I became a public figure representing domestic abuse, and I felt the full force of our culture’s wrath for women who speak out.”

“I had the rare vantage point of seeing, in real time, how institutions protect men accused of abuse.”

Hitch pointed out the these disputes a best decided by juries. Not sure I agree. Can laypeople ever truly appreciate or understand the law enough, in these areas, to make a fair judgement. I prefer the way it was done in the UK where a judge rules and justifies the ruling.

Comment

Comment

Isnt there the possibility of selling/getting credited for excess due in in the near future?

Comment

Pretty sure they did a very effective job of showing that JD couldnt have done the things she accused him of
                                                                                                                Raped with a bottle and bleeding with multiple lacerations elsewhere...no pictures/no treatment sought

Punched countless times by a man wearing heaving rings, suspected she had broken nose, black eyes and clumps of hair pulled out......next night appears on Corden show without a mark. Again no picture of that.

Pictures provided included a duplicate ..1 with red saturation so face looked inflamed..the other perfectly normal....identical pictures with same date and time stamp.

Comment

The people who grinned themselves to death,
                                                                                                                  Smiled so much they failed to take a breath,
                                                                                                                  And even when their kids were starving,
                                                                                                                  they all thought the queen was charming.

Comment

is that elbows maybe.
                                                                                                                    No twins, enough pain one at a time for me
                                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

It's actually automatic - once you've filled in your cert that you're going to be a micro producer to the grid, not just a consumer, this triggers a check from the revenue protection side of ESBN. RECI must notify ESBN of solar panel installation.

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Isnt there the possibility of selling/getting credited for excess due in in the near future?
                                                                                                                      yes - though imagine that the FIT won't be paying you more than 25% of your kWh cost (so every 4 units you give to the grid may get you a unit of credit).

Comment

Those big trials always have astro turfing PR firms putting out content. I think even during the Knoxx trial in Italy there were hired guns posting on 2p2 about it.

With TikTok/ Instagram it's only gotten bigger.
                                                                                                                        .

For another media comparison, the number of people who watch TV news each evening in America is about 18 million. The number of views of videos on TikTok with the hashtag #justiceforjohnnydepp is, at the time of this writing, about 18 billion.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          The people who grinned themselves to death,
                                                                                                                          Smiled so much they failed to take a breath,
                                                                                                                          And even when their kids were starving,
                                                                                                                          they all thought the queen was charming.
                                                                                                                          RIP Paul.

The Brits are absolutely going to lose their sh1t when Liz pops her clogs. Weeks and weeks of wall to wall of media cringe. Plenty of Irish will jump on board to with gushing admiration. Gonna be an unprecedented pukefest. "She selflessly devoted here life to the service of the great British people".

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X