Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there much Italian marble being flogged in Ireland. Huge amounts of if come in from India and China and smaller amounts from Brazil.

We don't move much out of Italy but we've a few customers bringing stuff in from India and China and know of a good few others doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Ha, I'll be robbing them blinds for a good few years to pay for it

Comment

2019 En Primeur wine due to ship from France early next week. I may have understated how much I bought to Mrs Lao Lao so need to come up with a plan to sneak it in and bury it and then pretend it has been there all along and act like how has she not noticed before

Easier said than done when she works from home
        Last edited by Lao Lao; 28-05-22, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

That was the joke ye big banana
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Mothers killing their kids - there has been at least three cases of it in the last year in Ireland? Never seems to get the same media coverage as guys doing stuff.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
              Anyone watch the finale of survivor 42 yet.

SPOILER
              Similar winner to 41 imo,
              Coasts on a strong initial tribe, whereas prob would have been gone early doors otherwise.

Final challenges and fire duo were great.
              SPOILER
              shambles of a victory, no? Mike seemed to have everything going for him except sympathy. I feel he was also the victim of not being as well educated and therefore couldn't express himself as well as Mary-Ann at the final council. Decent season overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Mothers killing their kids - there has been at least three cases of it in the last year in Ireland? Never seems to get the same media coverage as guys doing stuff.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...-41696417.html
                Are these mothers with cocks and balls, or guys with vaginas? Most media coverage seems to be driven by twitter nowadays, seems quite detached from most peoples existence.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

That was the joke ye big banana
                  I think you'll find the addition of the S elevated it from a 2 out of 10 to a 2.5 out of 10. . The banana comment hurts as ive been food binging all week and am indeed now a big bananna .

We go again.

Comment

Went to Constellations at the Gate last Monday. Only ended up going as they were selling all seats at €15 as it's not selling out. Most enjoyable theatre thing ever for me, with the possible exception of Macbeth at Stratford in 1986.

Comment

Then there was Dave Liebman at BelloBar yesterday which was wonderful https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/new-y...s-322063680137

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                        Then there was Dave Liebman at BelloBar yesterday which was wonderful https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/new-y...s-322063680137
                        wow that looks amazing. and a tenner!

Comment

Was down with a customer in Castlebar today, he sells nothing but high end. People spending €10k plus on blinds and curtains, houses with swimming pools. He's flat out with work.

There's an enormous amount of wealth in Mayo. Can anyone explain that?
                          Just reading this,It’s probably been answered in meantime , buts it’s the gravy, lots of ministers etc in recent while, the sports facilities in particular are German in comparison to a lot of other western seaboard counties
                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

What’s girl from north county like- seems like a genius idea- bob dylan songs but without the man himself ruining them
                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Crazy bit of scheduling by the GAA to put Kildare vDublin head to head with Leinster final.
                              arrogant and ignorant imo
                              Is it? Can’t imagine there’s that much fan base crossover

Comment

SPOILER
                                shambles of a victory, no? Mike seemed to have everything going for him except sympathy. I feel he was also the victim of not being as well educated and therefore couldn't express himself as well as Mary-Ann at the final council. Decent season overall.
                                This doodle illustrates it pretty well
                                SPOILER

SPOILER
                                Mike robbed obv, I don't think she was ever at risk of being voted out so didn't need the idol imo, yet people were super impressed she had one all along. I think it made as much difference as Romeo's fake idol!

The editing for these two seasons have been really suss, that or there is some serious political canvassing going on at ponderosa with the jurors.

Good season though, Romeo doing nothing for weeks and then winning final immunity sending the two lads to fire is huge for the result.
                                Last edited by Micknail; 27-05-22, 21:46.
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

This is it for anyone else interested..

Yip yip, this was deadly. A lot of faff but worth it.

22:30 finishing Dom, I'm sure you're proud.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Just reading this,It’s probably been answered in meantime , buts it’s the gravy, lots of ministers etc in recent while, the sports facilities in particular are German in comparison to a lot of other western seaboard counties
                                    Gravy would explain good infrastructure alright but it doesn't really explain why there's so much wealth out there.

Pretty cosmopolitan town too Castlebar, I had a Kafta kebab in a Palestinian restaurant for lunch.

You just don't see that kinda thing in the likes of Cavan or Tipperary. What's going on in Mayo?

Comment

Gravy would explain good infrastructure alright but it doesn't really explain why there's so much wealth out there.

Pretty cosmopolitan town too Castlebar, I had a Kafta kebab in a Palestinian restaurant for lunch.

You just don't see that kinda thing in the likes of Cavan or Tipperary. What's going on in Mayo?
                                      Have you ever been to Dada in Dublin? Was there with dobby last week. They do the most ridiculous kofta meatballs in a tagine. Never quite experienced the flavour before in a mere meatball.

Comment

Have you ever been to Dada in Dublin? Was there with dobby last week. They do the most ridiculous kofta meatballs in a tagine. Never quite experienced the flavour before in a mere meatball.
                                        That looks, and sounds amazing.

Genuinely though, it would only be a slight bit more difficult to go eat them in Morocco right now. Kids have hit the pause button on that sort of living.

A decade ago I'd have just headed there tomorrow.

Comment

Genuinely though, it would only be a slight bit more difficult to go eat them in Morocco right now. Kids have hit the pause button on that sort of living.

ah jaysus. That'll all lift now in a year or two, as the kids become babysittable.

Comment

That's stunning Mellor.

Yep, there is some beauty that seems unique to Italy alright.
                                            I'm going to ask the guy we're buying from can he pinpoint where it actually came from. Think it would be a nice thing to know and bore dinner guests about
                                            If it's Italian Arabescato, it'll be from Carara region, in Tuscany. If you have the full name (Arabescato something), you could pinpoint the quarry.
                                            From a quick google I'd say Arabescato Piana.

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                            Is there much Italian marble being flogged in Ireland. Huge amounts of if come in from India and China and smaller amounts from Brazil.

We don't move much out of Italy but we've a few customers bringing stuff in from India and China and know of a good few others doing the same.
                                            Yeah there tons coming out of China and India. A lot of it solid under whatever european marble name is looks like. But some standing on its own.
                                            I'd say a lot of the funeral homes are bringing in gravestones fully carved, celtic cross and all and just stick a names and dates on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Yeah, a 2 week job apparently but agreed on the spend.

New inset stove goes in today. Kitchen design about to be done too. Things are happening.

I'll be starting painting bedrooms this weekend. About the one DIY task I genuinely enjoy.
                                              You must enjoy the project management of renovations? Or else it's just very altruistic of you to keep improving homes for other people to live in?

Comment

Crazy bit of scheduling by the GAA to put Kildare vDublin head to head with Leinster final.
                                                arrogant and ignorant imo
                                                Tough call really.
                                                No way the broadcaster (RTE) was going to accept a clash with their Champions League Final coverage so the only alternative would have been having 1pm and 3pm kick-offs for todays two GAA finals.
                                                But 5pm is probably ideal for RTE as it keeps a sports audience in place throughout the day.
                                                It does raise an interesting 'priority' situation for pubs in areas which aren't either rugby or GAA strongholds - which do you show on your main TV with full-sound? The rugby looks the better game but the GAA will have lead-in advantage from the Munster Final at 3.

Comment

Socket neighbour asked for a loan of my strimmer.

Told him to check his shed, that it should be still there from when I gave him a loan of it a year ago.

Comment

American never left the Wild West, and I don't think they ever will.
                                                    I suspect both sides of the debate over there will take two different things away from this story.

A woman at a birthday party drew her pistol and left the gunman with multiple wounds, police say.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

You must enjoy the project management of renovations? Or else it's just very altruistic of you to keep improving homes for other people to live in?
                                                      I wouldn't say I enjoy it but it's a set of jobs that needs doing to get the house up to standard. There is still talk of a work relocation so would definitely add some $$$ to the potential rental too.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                        Tar.Aldarion off to the burnt city tomorrow. called them explaining my predicament, they told me they had a wheel chair and no one had booked it for that day so i booked it. i get a minder pushing me around the whole thing queue jumping. really looking forward to it!
                                                        That's great that you still get to go, when i read it I thought you were fecked. Nice service by them. Let us know how you get on. I'm imagining some of the running through narrow hallways after actors not being possible but most should be fine! You only get to see like 10% of the content anyway, scale is massive.

Comment

I'm looking for a recommendation for an "Irish" style restaurant/gastropub in Dublin for Wednesday. No "exotic" food was the main demand of the group. Probably 5/6 people in the group.

Any decent options that don't break the bank?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                            Do they do home improvement grants anymore ,?
                                                            There are grants up to 50% available from SEAI for all sorts of energy upgrades like windows, boilers insulation and heat pumps .

I'm getting an assessment done by one of the one stop shops in the next few weeks to see what's possible, I'm aiming to bring the rating from (Probably) D2 To B1 / A3 if possible replacing oil with a heat pump for a total spend of under 40k / 20 net
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Socket neighbour asked for a loan of my strimmer.

Told him to check his shed, that it should be still there from when I gave him a loan of it a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Tough call really.
                                                                No way the broadcaster (RTE) was going to accept a clash with their Champions League Final coverage so the only alternative would have been having 1pm and 3pm kick-offs for todays two GAA finals.
                                                                But 5pm is probably ideal for RTE as it keeps a sports audience in place throughout the day.
                                                                It does raise an interesting 'priority' situation for pubs in areas which aren't either rugby or GAA strongholds - which do you show on your main TV with full-sound? The rugby looks the better game but the GAA will have lead-in advantage from the Munster Final at 3.
                                                                No case to be made for a h2h at 5PM with Leinster Dublin and Kildare sharing a huge crossover fanbase.
                                                                One is probably too early in the day but I think it had to be a conscious choice not to put Kerry on at 5PM made with a view to trying to grab casual viewers from the Rugby Final. Plenty of people including half a dozen of us would have liked to travel to Croke Park for 3PM and come out and watch the final in a pub.

Comment

There are grants up to 50% available from SEAI for all sorts of energy upgrades like windows, boilers insulation and heat pumps .

I'm getting an assessment done by one of the one stop shops in the next few weeks to see what's possible, I'm aiming to bring the rating from (Probably) D2 To B1 / A3 if possible replacing oil with a heat pump for a total spend of under 40k / 20 net
                                                                  If you don't need windows\doors, 40k should be do-able. Not sure the grants are as generous as you think though, we're going to be getting back <30% of the total spend.

Maybe you get the OAP allowance.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                    I'm looking for a recommendation for an "Irish" style restaurant/gastropub in Dublin for Wednesday. No "exotic" food was the main demand of the group. Probably 5/6 people in the group.

L. Mulligan.
                                                                    We believe that Irish produce is special, and worth celebrating. We support Irish craft brewing and our local distillers, using Irish ingredients to create lovely cocktails that celebrate the season....

Ah sorry see on their site there it's not open wednesdays.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Bruxelles do fine Irish grub last time I was there. O Neill's by Suffolk st used to do a top carvery if it's a day time thing.

The Headline bar on clanbrassil street is fantastic for reasonable priced pub food imo. Good beer selection too!
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Ah well, at least I can turn off the Kildare v Man City match and concentrate on the real Dubs

Comment

Looks like Strewely can leave Croke Park early

Comment

DUBS KIL according to my telly .

Comment

SPLIT THEM UP

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

That's great that you still get to go, when i read it I thought you were fecked. Nice service by them. Let us know how you get on. I'm imagining some of the running through narrow hallways after actors not being possible but most should be fine! You only get to see like 10% of the content anyway, scale is massive.
                                                                                This was amazing. We got there and my designated driver was there waiting for us with the chair. She asked us how we wanted to play it, and we said we'd leave it up to her as she knew the show inside and out. She obviously said fine and if there was anywhere we wanted to go see or do, just to catch her eye and point.

Our phones were taken and sealed away, we were given venice type masks to wear just like everyone and told no talking at all during the whole experience, and what an experience it was.

The beginning was a bit disconcerting as you're trying to work things out and understand how it works, and my driver was awesome, she took us everywhere that mattered for the big scenes, always knowing where to be to make sure i had a front row view. We moved around everywhere, through staff tunnels at time to get to places quickly and she even managed to get us to the 2 finales which were both brilliant.

Clearly being able to run after performers and following a story line would have been great, but having someone who knows the show and timings by heart was incredible and we got a phenomenal experience out of it. Poor girl got a serious workout also pushing my 110kg carcass around for 3 and a half hours!

Highly recommended.

Comment

get the fuck in!!! Allez la Rochelle!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Fair play to Rog

Comment

only saw the second half, but hey, you don't deserve to win a final if you don't score tries!

Comment

Where the fuck was the leinster team who annihilated Leicester and Toulouse ?

Comment

I'm in Morocco and I don't think I've seen lamb anywhere yet

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I'm in Morocco and I don't think I've seen lamb anywhere yet
                                                                                            you're not looking very hard then. lamb was everywhere last time i went

Comment

Where the fuck was the leinster team who annihilated Leicester and Toulouse ?
                                                                                              Not sure but if we continue drinking at this rate, we'll probably find them at the bottom of a pint glass.

Comment

7StarPool?
                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

That was an incredible save

Comment

That was an incredible save
                                                                                                    We seem to have become attached to some fairly glam 40th birthday party. Combatants unkown.

Comment

This was amazing. We got there and my designated driver was there waiting for us with the chair. She asked us how we wanted to play it, and we said we'd leave it up to her as she knew the show inside and out. She obviously said fine and if there was anywhere we wanted to go see or do, just to catch her eye and point.

Our phones were taken and sealed away, we were given venice type masks to wear just like everyone and told no talking at all during the whole experience, and what an experience it was.

The beginning was a bit disconcerting as you're trying to work things out and understand how it works, and my driver was awesome, she took us everywhere that mattered for the big scenes, always knowing where to be to make sure i had a front row view. We moved around everywhere, through staff tunnels at time to get to places quickly and she even managed to get us to the 2 finales which were both brilliant.

Clearly being able to run after performers and following a story line would have been great, but having someone who knows the show and timings by heart was incredible and we got a phenomenal experience out of it. Poor girl got a serious workout also pushing my 110kg carcass around for 3 and a half hours!

Highly recommended.
                                                                                                      Glad you had such a good time, there's no theatre experience like it. I know there are people that see it dozens of times to try and see it all, and most characters have 1:1's in private so people try and hunt to get those experiences for themselves. Sounds like a great deal with the guide!! I saw one finale and missed a lot of main plot stuff due to following side character arcs. The looping stuff is cool, and some of the loops alter over time and some characters don't loop, like when the Gods appear half way through. The three hours flew by for me.

Comment

I won’t be able to properly enjoy my Leinster tears if this score line doesn’t change

Comment

Namechane request to 14StarMadrid

Comment

Feels like sport these days is just a never ending procession of the worst cunts in the world getting rewarded

Comment

Bad day if you are a Liverpool fan living in Kildare with an eye on the Rugby

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                                Feels like sport these days is just a never ending procession of the worst cunts in the world getting rewarded
                                                                                                                Today was a very refreshing break from it.

Comment

Courtois made the difference and was by far an away the best player on the pitch. Man of the match by a country mile

Comment

Leo fanboys here try and defend this btw. Re TD accepting hospitality from gambling companies
                                                                                                                    However, Tánaiste Leo Varadkar said he did not see anything wrong with their attendance. “No rules were broken nor any ethical guidelines breached.”
                                                                                                                    the “we weren’t lobbied” defence is grim

Comment

George Carlin's American Dream about to grace my brain.

Comment

In the pub with a mate today. He fancied some nag so we stuck 20 quid each on at 5/2. Horse disqualified after a stewards enquiry but paid out as double result. 20 quid then onto Madrid at 5/2 and they do the business. It almost made being surrounded by liverpool fans bearable. Grand evening out.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1719901&d=1653812912&type=thumb
                                                                                                                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X