X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Ill find it and post it tomorrow.

Small bet on fitzpatrick for tonight.
    Another one of our great English bottlers when it comes to major sporting events

Comment

Watching MOTD there without knowing the results was great fun.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Another one of our great English bottlers when it comes to major sporting events
        He's is a bit old of an old fashioned type of player .

sky fawning over him . No balls . this was too big for him.

Nobody wants to win this
        Last edited by Solksjaer!; 22-05-22, 22:32.

Comment

So I've foolishly put off getting my booster jab for so long and I've let my covid cert run out as a result. Flight to Italy in 2 weeks but from reading this it seems an antigen test will be ok.

So 2 questions, am I reading it right that an antigen will be fine and if so, do I just bring the negative piece of plastic with me to show it? Slightly confused about it tbh.

This is from the .gov Italian website

From 1 May, regardless of the country of entry into Italy, the traveller will be required to present to the carrier and to whoever is in charge of checking:
          • completion of the primary vaccination series or booster dose according to the vaccination plans of the countries of release with vaccines authorized by the European Medical Agency (primary series validity 9 months and booster dose without predefined limit)
          • recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection (valid for 180 days from positive swab test)
          • recovery after the administration of the first dose of vaccine or at the end of the primary vaccination series or following the administration of the relevant booster dose
          • rapid antigen or molecular swab test, respectively within 48 or 72 hours before entry into Italy

Comment

Dobby it appears you can either get one done at a pharmacy or do it in Dublin airport and you'll get a cert.

Comment

Don't go to Italy it's shit. Full of Italians I'm not even joking.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                Dobby it appears you can either get one done at a pharmacy or do it in Dublin airport and you'll get a cert.
                Cheers. Had a look on the hse site after posting that and got a booster appointment for Tuesday afternoon so should be ok for that cert to be valid by the time I fly. May as well get it as we have other flights booked for later in the year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

He's is a bit old of an old fashioned type of player .

sky fawning over him . No balls . this was too big for him.

Nobody wants to win this
                  Golf is hard, closing out majors even more so. I always fancied Pereira to drop strokes yesterday just not a double on the last. I thought JT had missed a couple of putts earlier in the day that would have ruled him out. Clutch performance in the playoff when it mattered.

As for Zalatoris, what a ball striker. Sensational. However he'll never close out a tight finish with that stroke. Amazing how yippy he gets over a small putt, I've seen 20 handicappers with a better stroke, the man is like Harry Potter waving a wand. Needs to be miles ahead to win anything. Another high finish in a major though. I feel he will fix that stroke eventually and make a break through.

Fitzpatrick has loads of golf left in his career. You don't become the strokes gained leader on tour without an excellent all round game. If he develops a bit more of a killer instinct he could make the step up. Though the top rung of elite players has probably never been as stacked so it's quite a challenge. Will he be a nearly man like Westwood?

Sad to see Tiger pull out but great to see him play again. Looked physically beaten up after each round. I hope he can continue to recover and play to a higher standard. To be where he is now after that accident is already incredible.

Lastly Rory gonna Rory. I watched him arrive on the Friday and he looked an absolute bag of anxiety and nerves. As if the lad never was in this position before, his face told it all. On the range after he was all jokes and smiles warming up. The pressure is still really getting to him. Technically he has all the tools but his wedges and putting eventually fall apart. He makes a couple of mistakes and then something just snaps entirely. I know it's easy to write this on Monday but you could write the same story on the Monday after any major. Despite this, the guy is routinely finishing up the leaderboard while picking off the odd win. He's hardly dwindled off to obscurity as some like to believe, there's just that missing piece of resilience. Nonetheless majors are different gravy and everyone expects him to be winning. None more so than himself

Comment

Tried to edit but won't save. I thought
                    ​​​​​JT missed his chance early in the round tbh. Nonetheless an absolutely clutch performance in the playoff.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      Don't go to Italy it's shit. Full of Italians I'm not even joking.
                      It's like a different country honestly
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                        Tried to edit but won't save. I thought
                        ​​​​​JT missed his chance early in the round tbh. Nonetheless an absolutely clutch performance in the playoff.
                        Was on Zalatoris. Everything screaming at me to green up after the tee shot in the playoff but didnt.

Comment

Can anyone tell me JTs in play odds on BF yesterday - did he touch 700s at one point early on??

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Can anyone tell me JTs in play odds on BF yesterday - did he touch 700s at one point early on??
                            He was 250/1 after the 6th on PP so could easily have been 500 (was on Young at 100
                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Was on Zalatoris. Everything screaming at me to green up after the tee shot in the playoff but didnt.
                              Yeah he must be the most anxiety producing golfer to punt on. He doesn't like a 5 footer but some ball striker!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                So I've foolishly put off getting my booster jab for so long and I've let my covid cert run out as a result. Flight to Italy in 2 weeks but from reading this it seems an antigen test will be ok.

So 2 questions, am I reading it right that an antigen will be fine and if so, do I just bring the negative piece of plastic with me to show it? Slightly confused about it tbh.

This is from the .gov Italian website

From 1 May, regardless of the country of entry into Italy, the traveller will be required to present to the carrier and to whoever is in charge of checking:
                                • completion of the primary vaccination series or booster dose according to the vaccination plans of the countries of release with vaccines authorized by the European Medical Agency (primary series validity 9 months and booster dose without predefined limit)
                                • recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection (valid for 180 days from positive swab test)
                                • recovery after the administration of the first dose of vaccine or at the end of the primary vaccination series or following the administration of the relevant booster dose
                                • rapid antigen or molecular swab test, respectively within 48 or 72 hours before entry into Italy
                                I would assume the negative antigen test has to be administered and certified by a third party. You you
                                present a dated document confirming you passed.

Accepting a negative lateral flow test in somebody’s hand would be hilarious ridiculous 2+ years in. But stupider things have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I would assume the negative antigen test has to be administered and certified by a third party. You you
                                  present a dated document confirming you passed.

Accepting a negative lateral flow test in somebody’s hand would be hilarious ridiculous 2+ years in. But stupider things have happened.
                                  Absolutely, has to be a 3rd party test. Anything else would be lolworthy.

Comment

One for Micknail....

Comment

Yeah definitely post it. Pretty interested in that stuff after going the knee surgery route myself. But only if it’s handy, don’t feel like you have to dust off the scanner. (Do people still have scanners)
                                      so the below is the xray after the revision surgery where they removed the bottom half as it was broken, cut a bit of bone off and reinserted a new piece, this time including the side bit which helps to clamp and hold on to the bone. if you look at the top bit you can see 20 years of bone growth which has grown maybe a centimeter over the indentations of the prosthesis. it's going to be a lot trickier to replace up top as there is very little bone left to play with.

SPOILER
                                      Attached Files

Comment

so the below is the xray after the revision surgery where they removed the bottom half as it was broken, cut a bit of bone off and reinserted a new piece, this time including the side bit which helps to clamp and hold on to the bone. if you look at the top bit you can see 20 years of bone growth which has grown maybe a centimeter over the indentations of the prosthesis. it's going to be a lot trickier to replace up top as there is very little bone left to play with.

SPOILER
                                        I'm beginning to realize there was a mismatch between 80's TV and reality.

Last edited by Wombatman; 23-05-22, 10:42.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Shraaap name change to The Metal Man (the second)
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Shraaap name change to The Metal Man (the second)
                                            seeing as it's broken, shraaap is just as appropriate

Comment

seeing as it's broken, shraaap is just as appropriate
                                              Should have spent the extra few quid on the optional rust proofing imo.

AiNjsWGq7IYa43Kx1yAaHQ31EF8kiHcCMxKjDG-DDK0.png?auto=webp&s=d0087832337b50d797fc50a87cf76025bd33d0e6.png

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

I'm beginning to realize there was a mismatch between 80's TV and reality.

Unfortunately shrap paid the 6million in Lira .

Comment

Rory’s a headcase. Can’t handle the pressure. Easy to shoot lights on when you’ve already blown your chance.

and every time a chance might be upon him. Headcase.

I will say that imo something did look different on Thursday, that was a different Rory but it’s so fleeting and as soon Friday morning he was back to the headcase.

On Fitz, he needs to put on a bit of size. Chap has the most unbelievable game. Everything is so good and to switch like he did to cackhanded chipping and be elite shows the skill level. Just needs to get bigger, literally everything else is there. The chap has taken detailed notes on every single shot he’s ever hit since he was 15 apparently.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                    Rory’s a headcase. Can’t handle the pressure. Easy to shoot lights on when you’ve already blown your chance.

I will say that imo something did look different on Thursday, that was a different Rory but it’s so fleeting and as soon Friday morning he was back to the headcase.

On Fitz, he needs to put on a bit of size. Chap has the most unbelievable game. Everything is so good and to switch like he did to cackhanded chipping and be elite shows the skill level. Just needs to get bigger, literally everything else is there. The chap has taken detailed notes on every single shot he’s ever hit since he was 15 apparently.
                                                    Its not size at all. Look at the 2 in the play off. Its bottle.

Leaving putts short is a sign of bottling.

He shit the bed when it was there for the taking.

Rory needs a savvy caddy . Was throwing shots away in the 3rd round . Brattish

Comment

SPOILER
                                                      I assume the implant needed to be in two sections to order to get both ends in? Well, unless they popped your lower leg fully off like a Lego man.
                                                      So maybe if the broken piece is the lower section they’ll only need to replace that and can keep the existing top bit in place.

Or will it be a get in and see situation?

Comment

WFH policy rolled out in work 3 days mandatory in the office. The peasants are revolting.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                          Fingers crossed it’s Gove or Mogg
                                                          Senior Tory MP is accused of plying four men with date-rape drugs: 'Victims' include two fellow politicians - one of whom woke up to find his nipples being licked

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ape-drugs.html
                                                          Presume it’s Andrew Rosindell who was arrested last week and banned from parliament.

Bizarrely, he’s been a staunch opposer of LGBTQ rights, including rather ironically voting against equalising the age of consent to 16. And this gem in relation to same-sex marriage;

"Where would it end? You could finish up at a stage where the monarchy in this country is in a same-sex marriage and that would have constitutional implications"
                                                          Implications such as being recognised by the state and church? The horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                            WFH policy rolled out in work 3 days mandatory in the office. The peasants are revolting.
                                                            Thought that was pretty standard by now?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Absolutely, has to be a 3rd party test. Anything else would be lolworthy.
                                                              That makes perfect sense. Tyvm

Comment

PADDY POWER POKER LONDON PACKAGE FOR SALE

I know not many in here play poker anymore but you may know someone intending to travel to this game this weekend and looking to pick up a bargain)). Valued by PPP at €1000 the first €800 secures! Package details below. Purchaser will need a PPP account to enable the transfer. Anyone interested give me a shout on 087 2240924.
                                                                • £300 Main Event Seat
                                                                Valid for any starting day
                                                                • 3 nights Accommodation in Hyatt Regency London Stratford
                                                                Check in Thursday 26th – Check out Sunday 29th

This No Limit Texas Hold'Em Poker tournament takes place in the Aspers Casino Stratford, 26th – 29th May 2022.
                                                                There is no need to pre-register, simply turn up with your valid photo ID on the day to collect your ticket for the event at the Registration Desk, your ID will also be needed to check-in to the hotel for your stay. Simples.
                                                                Paddy Power will pick up the tab for your three-night stay at the event venue, the swish Hyatt Regency which is a stone throw from Aspers Casino. See google maps link HERE
                                                                Yours will be a double occupancy room (you can bring a playmate, if you wish). We promise not to judge should you choose to fly solo. Everyone needs some ‘me’ time.

Comment

I assume the implant needed to be in two sections to order to get both ends in? Well, unless they popped your lower leg fully off like a Lego man.
                                                                  So maybe if the broken piece is the lower section they’ll only need to replace that and can keep the existing top bit in place.

Or will it be a get in and see situation?
                                                                  the piece is modular held by screws in the middle. After the 1st op in 2000, the anesthetist came into my room once i was awake, and was actually laughing telling me he'd never seen anything like it in the theater. they tried to bend the bones sufficiently to get it in, but even though they were 2 at each end trying to make it fit, they failed and had to cut the fibula in 2 to finally get it in. he found it hilarious.

the lower section is the one that broke in 2017 ans is the only part they replaced, although they had concerns whether the screws were going to be operational seeing as they were 20 years old. now the top section has broken so i assume they'll just replace that, if there's enough bone to play with.

i'll keep ya updated!

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Pretty sure he's been working on his physique if not at least training for ball speed/distance. Mike Carroll (fit for golf app) posted that he's increased his avg ball speed 5mph in the last 2 years. Zallatoris is still quite slim but he's put on about a stone of muscle in the last year. I'd imagine it's very hard to train to gain significant lean mass/strength if you're playing every week considering the travelling involved.

Feel sorry for Rory. The mind/mental side can be worked on but it's not that simple. Although it's nothing like a pulled hamstring that will be fine after a few weeks rest and rehab. Looked incredible on Thursday right? He still has it and will have it for several years to come. I'd just love to see a period of dominance and a rivalry with one of the youger top guns.

Forgot about Scheffler earlier, a missed cut from the world #1 annd #1 in form golfer. Quite surprised with that. Power had another solid showing. Mad to think that he started the day within two shots of making a playoff. Still more to come from him too.

Comment

the piece is modular held by screws in the middle. After the 1st op in 2000, the anesthetist came into my room once i was awake, and was actually laughing telling me he'd never seen anything like it in the theater. they tried to bend the bones sufficiently to get it in, but even though they were 2 at each end trying to make it fit, they failed and had to cut the fibula in 2 to finally get it in. he found it hilarious.

the lower section is the one that broke in 2017 ans is the only part they replaced, although they had concerns whether the screws were going to be operational seeing as they were 20 years old. now the top section has broken so i assume they'll just replace that, if there's enough bone to play with.

i'll keep ya updated!
                                                                      Jaysus Shrap you're like the 6 million dollar man!

Sorry to hear about your setback, can't imagine how frustrating it must be. Good luck with op and hopefully we see you back in Ireland for golf before the champions cup final...

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Jaysus Shrap you're like the 6 million dollar man!

Sorry to hear about your setback, can't imagine how frustrating it must be. Good luck with op and hopefully we see you back in Ireland for golf before the champions cup final...
                                                                        cheers man. absolutely gutted as felt my game was improving and had signed up for all the matchplay comps at the club. i spoke to the club manager today and he was very cool with it all and allowed me to freeze my membership until i get back on my feet so that's most likely 6 to 12 month fees saved. Hopefully back on my feet before the champions cup final!

Comment

Is the Eglington still open in Galway? Find myself at a loose end in Galway this evening and considering a horrid return to live poker…
                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            Is the Eglington still open in Galway? Find myself at a loose end in Galway this evening and considering a horrid return to live poker…
                                                                            Yep. 50+10 freezeout started at 8pm

Comment

Dervla was an inspirational woman, extraordinary life and a great writer RIP
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                Dervla was an inspirational woman, extraordinary life and a great writer RIP
                                                                                And a very ballsy lady to boot. Not least to be a single mother in Ireland in those days.

Comment

RIP to one of our most underrated songwriters ever

Cathal Coughlan

Microdisney and Fatima Mansion.

Comment

Ahead of their time

Comment

Thought that was pretty standard by now?
                                                                                      I don't think so. I've only heard about people leaving companies that decided to implement dumbass policies like that. Definitely don't think it's standard.
                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

No masks on the flights to and from London. Thats new? I suddenly remembered masks were still a thing 3 minutes before boarding yesterday and turned to the person next to me and asked, yikes, do we have to wear masks on this flight. She nodded convincingly yes and I legged the five minutes back to boots and five minutes back to the gate in the three minutes to ensure that I was pouring sweat over my poor neighbour for the next hour. Only to have everyone sauntering on the flight as if masks never existed.

Just looking it up and weirdly, a few countries in Europe have kept masks and a few have got rid of them, which means that you still need to wear masks on flights going to the odd countries.

Comment

Presume it’s Andrew Rosindell who was arrested last week and banned from parliament.

Bizarrely, he’s been a staunch opposer of LGBTQ rights, including rather ironically voting against equalising the age of consent to 16. And this gem in relation to same-sex marriage;

Implications such as being recognised by the state and church? The horror.
                                                                                            It's always the loudest vessels isn't it ​​​​​​?
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Any reason why every hotel room is sold out in Dublin City Centre tonight?

Comment

No idea. If you are stuck for a room though, Gresham available on Booking.com.

Comment

It is the whole of this week. I know someone who is trying to book a room on Thursday night and it is completely sold out too. I have no idea why.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

No idea. If you are stuck for a room though, Gresham available on Booking.com.
                                                                                                    Gone already

Comment

Probably best to write off the possibility of hotels anywhere in Ireland for the summer. Time for pastures anew.

Comment

Luas stop hotels ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          Probably best to write off the possibility of hotels anywhere in Ireland for the summer. Time for pastures anew.
                                                                                                          This week does seem strange though. There's a 'normal' ~150 hotels available in all price ranges this day next week, but next to nothing tonight or Wed/Thurs.
                                                                                                          There doesn't seem to be any 'event' on to explain it. Or maybe there's some yoof thing on we don't know about.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I don't think so. I've only heard about people leaving companies that decided to implement dumbass policies like that. Definitely don't think it's standard.
                                                                                                            I think it varies a lot by industry. The misses has barely done a day in the office per fortnight in the last year. Happy to never go back. Her place is kinda toxic.

Where as I’ve been 2-3 days per week for ages, which is the sweet spot for me. I prefer to break up the week over being home everyday. I think it all depends on the industry and office culture.

The company I work for moved to a new office today. All designed around agile working, flexible working etc.

The view out of the windows is almost clichéd

SPOILER

​​​​​​​

Comment

Gone already
                                                                                                              Keep an eye on the booking sites and one may become available thru cancelations.

You’ll pay thru the nose tho. Clayton up there now for 450 quid

Comment

I haven't been in an office since Feb 28th 2020. I had the first 2 weeks of March off and offices closed the first day I was due to go back in. No idea when I'll next be in an office either, current role is fully remote, although that role could change in the net few months.

Comment

I think it varies a lot by industry. The misses has barely done a day in the office per fortnight in the last year. Happy to never go back. Her place is kinda toxic.

Where as I’ve been 2-3 days per week for ages, which is the sweet spot for me. I prefer to break up the week over being home everyday. I think it all depends on the industry and office culture.

The company I work for moved to a new office today. All designed around agile working, flexible working etc.

The view out of the windows is almost clichéd

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  amazing view, i'd be tempted into the office myself!

Comment

Is that down near where the bridge starts? Can't remember the name of the area, the Rocks perhaps.

Comment

This guy getting a fair bit of sympathy. Not going to prevent him becoming a convicted sex offender though. I expect her reaction to the incident was unusual. Obviously sex initiated with a sleeping person is never going to be considered consensual.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                        This guy getting a fair bit of sympathy. Not going to prevent him becoming a convicted sex offender though. I expect her reaction to the incident was unusual. Obviously sex initiated with a sleeping person is never going to be considered consensual.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/0516/12...leidhin-court/
                                                                                                                        A strangely uncomfortable read.

Comment

Is that down near where the bridge starts? Can't remember the name of the area, the Rocks perhaps.
                                                                                                                          Spot on. At the top George Street in the Rocks, beside Circular Quay. The windows (and entrance) on the other side face The Mercantile. anyone whose been to Sydney has probably had a pint there.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X