This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
    Elon is really fighting on all fronts at the moment, I fear he may spin completely out of control. Outright hostility against the democrats can't be a good strategy for him, I'm pretty sure democrats buy more EVs than republicans. Also Twitter, sexual assault allegations, Tesla stock cratering...it's a lot going on.

Denny are you still short?
    Mostly flat now. Just some otm puts left. It's a high margin short. And every other time I've thought it's in a death spiral he's pulled a rabbit out of a hat.

Being early is the same as being wrong. I was about five years too early with this bet.

If you think something is a bubble, or someone is a charlatan there's far more profit in betting on them. There'll be plenty of time to get short after they get found out.

The likes of TSLA/MSTR/OTLY have taken forever to sink.
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 20-05-22, 23:57.

Comment

Do all of the FIRE people have to go back to work now?

Comment

Downloaded the Sleep Cycle app during the week. Three nights using it now and it's working a treat, a massive difference in how I feel waking up, or more importantly, my ability to get up early.

I skipped the €30 annual sub but the temptation to listen to recordings of myself snoring or talking in my sleep was too much.

Was going to sign up today anyway but a little bonus and tip for anyone else is, if you wait three days the sign up drops to €18.

Listening to your snoring and rambling is quite weird though. Like listening to somebody else.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Listening to yourself snoring and rambling is pretty weird though.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Joking aside though where do you follow these days to get an idea of upcoming live poker events in Ireland? There seems to be quite a few events/festivals but not one place that advertises them a decent bit in advance of them happening? Most of the time the first I hear of a festival is someone posting an update in this thread and by that stage, it is far too late to make any plans to play where as I would probably jump in the odd event if I could organize it well in advance. The forums here around all this stuff seem completely dead?
            There is a group on Facebook called The Irish Poker Forum. Seems to have most games advertised on there. The only thing is though, nobody ever posts a structure or anything and is never held to account like they were with the charter on here.

A typical post advertising a game would go like this. €100 entry, 8pm start, 20min clock. And that's it

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Listening to yourself snoring and rambling is pretty weird though.
              I'd be worried about the ol rambling there Ted . Ya could get a bang from a car or a late night scooter.

Comment

Powerful

Comment

You just out of a stint in John of Gods Solks?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    You just out of a stint in John of Gods Solks?
                    They threw me out for grabbing the nurse by the arse. At least they agree its an addiction i have.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                      Powerful
                      As my mother says, whats seldom is wonderful....except masturbation, she doesn't mention the latter...
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Surely largely due to the venue being the biggest kip on the planet.
                        It's certainly not a great venue but there was a bunch of factors in it unfortunately.
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Do all of the FIRE people have to go back to work now?
                          i hope not
                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

i hope not
                            Just keep moving to lower income countries imo.

You must be due a relocation anyway. Ever consider getting out of Europe for a bit?
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Just keep moving to lower income countries imo.

You must be due a relocation anyway. Ever consider getting out of Europe for a bit?
                              we initially considered Thailand for cost of living reasons but there's a whole heap of legal problems around owning property there that caused concern and then the language is a big thing as well obviously.

recently we've talked about South America now that we can be sure we won't die of hunger or thirst if we have to rely on just Spanish, but there's an inherent fear about the unknown and safety (almost certainly unjustified as long as you're smart and in main cities) could possibly do 6 months at some stage maybe.

We're happy enough where we are, things have started to increase in price but they had a pretty low base so it's not a huge deal. Ask me again in 12 months and I might have a different answer but for now we batten down the hatches and regress to me making espresso martinis for our breakfast instead of us going out for them....the indignance of it all

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

walking down the 7th in the first big tournament of the season, playing ok, felt a massive pop in the leg, thought i'd been struck by a golf ball. I take one more step and leg bends in half. Off to A&E for a brand new broken leg. last time it took 18 months to fix, that's my season over FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ouch Shrap, speedy recovery hopefully this time.

Comment

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you Shrap!
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Been reading Low Life, inspired by Benny today.

Mrs D3 asked me suspiciously what I was laughing at. I tried to explain the off the charts levels of dissolution described within.

More suspicious looks.

Comment

That's horrible Shrapp. Mind yourself, it could be as hard on your head as on your body.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sounds horrible Shrap, hopefully not as long this time for recovery.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            walking down the 7th in the first big tournament of the season, playing ok, felt a massive pop in the leg, thought i'd been struck by a golf ball. I take one more step and leg bends in half. Off to A&E for a brand new broken leg. last time it took 18 months to fix, that's my season over FFS!!!!!!!!!!!
                                            was it mended properly last time ? Thats bizarre. Speedy recovery .

Comment

Leinster 3rds showing up Munster here.

Comment

Powerful
                                                They already made a video of Hitch on the Xanax
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Bummer dude. Unusual for a leg to break from just walking along. You have a bone issue or something? Get well soon. Hope you make a Tiger like come back.
                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Was born is 1970. The range between 1970 and 2022 is the same as the range between 1970 and 1918

Comment

was it mended properly last time ? Thats bizarre. Speedy recovery .
                                                      last time it was the bottom part of the prosthesis, attached to the lower tibia that broke, so that's what they fixed. i'd asked them at the time why not change the whole thing if you're in there already, and they'd said there's no reason to fix it or change it if it isn't broken. well it's broken now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Bummer dude. Unusual for a leg to break from just walking along. You have a bone issue or something? Get well soon. Hope you make a Tiger like come back.
                                                        my tibia is mostly metal, so it's a piece of the metal that just snapped unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          That's horrible Shrapp. Mind yourself, it could be as hard on your head as on your body.
                                                          yeah this one's soul destroying, especially just as the summer starts, and knowing how long it took last time is crushing at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                            Was born is 1970. The range between 1970 and 2022 is the same as the range between 1970 and 1918
                                                            It really is the epoch for you.

Comment

From sometime in the next few weeks I'll have been born closer to 19th century than to the present day!

Comment

last time it was the bottom part of the prosthesis, attached to the lower tibia that broke, so that's what they fixed. i'd asked them at the time why not change the whole thing if you're in there already, and they'd said there's no reason to fix it or change it if it isn't broken. well it's broken now!!
                                                                There has to be an up side to this .

Comment

Rory meltdown

Comment

Class night out+wife with dobby+fiance tonight. We went to St Patricks Cathedral to atone for our many sins and listen to vivaldi ye uncultured swine.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Degag I notice I haven't paid you yet for eurovision. Between this and luckforsome I'll develop a pretty bad reputation. On its way.

Have been working like a pig for a week, so haven't been on here.
                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        Degag I notice I haven't paid you yet for eurovision. Between this and luckforsome I'll develop a pretty bad reputation. On its way.

Have been working like a pig for a week, so haven't been on here.
                                                                        Ha no bother!

Comment

my tibia is mostly metal, so it's a piece of the metal that just snapped unfortunately
                                                                          Have you mentioned that before here? Seems pretty unique . Is it just am the tibia or finish and foot also?
                                                                          Hopefully recovery is faster this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            Class night out+wife with dobby+fiance tonight. We went to St Patricks Cathedral to atone for our many sins and listen to vivaldi ye uncultured swine.
                                                                            Ah, auld Viv Aldi.

Would actually be a great name for a parody opera act.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                              Have you mentioned that before here? Seems pretty unique . Is it just am the tibia or finish and foot also?
                                                                              Hopefully recovery is faster this time.
                                                                              pretty sure i have. Had a chondrosarcoma (bone tumour) eat through my tibia in 2000, so the middle of the tibia (about 10-15 cms) was removed and replaced with a piece of titanium and rods inserted all the way down the inside of the bones on the ankle and knee side. Happy to post the xray if you want to see what the inside looks like. it's pretty impressive tbh and ensures i can't get through an airport scanner without screaming sirens which get everyone's attention!

Comment

In the space of 30 minutes this morning I noticed my wife wearing one of my jackets, my son wearing my underpants and my daughter wearing one of my leather belts.
                                                                                Have they all realigned their genders or am I just an easy mark? Maybe I should feel complimented in my universally acceptable fashion choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  In the space of 30 minutes this morning I noticed my wife wearing one of my jackets, my son wearing my underpants and my daughter wearing one of my leather belts.
                                                                                  Have they all realigned their genders or am I just an easy mark? Maybe I should feel complimented in my universally acceptable fashion choices.
                                                                                  Built like a twink imo. Easy prey.

Comment

Speaking of Vivaldi, I'm sure I posted this some time ago as I haven't stopped listening to it for months, but Spring 1 from Max Richter's Recomposed of the Four Seasons is something else.

Dedicated to Shrap's spirits -

Comment

Karaoke at the UKIPT Players Party and our very own midnitekowby aka Fergal Nealon absolutely KILLED it with Willie Elliot from PS winning the trophy. His exuberance was something to behold
                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

pretty sure i have. Had a chondrosarcoma (bone tumour) eat through my tibia in 2000, so the middle of the tibia (about 10-15 cms) was removed and replaced with a piece of titanium and rods inserted all the way down the inside of the bones on the ankle and knee side. Happy to post the xray if you want to see what the inside looks like. it's pretty impressive tbh and ensures i can't get through an airport scanner without screaming sirens which get everyone's attention!
                                                                                        Yeah definitely post it. Pretty interested in that stuff after going the knee surgery route myself. But only if it’s handy, don’t feel like you have to dust off the scanner. (Do people still have scanners)

Comment

6starpool Friday June 10th release date For All Mankind S3!!...weekly drops unfortunately.

Im sure you are a bit preoccupied at the moment...
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Would be hilarious if the soccer scores stayed as they are now

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Would be hilarious if the soccer scores stayed as they are now
                                                                                              Drama and Klopp do seem to go hand in hand. Great potential for madness in the last 25 mins.

Comment

Big brain Pep.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                  Big brain Pep.
                                                                                                  You're some man.

Comment

They've been taking lessons from Frank's Lampard Everton
                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Pep 3rd goal celebration.....

Comment

Stevie Gs audition for the Liverpool job failed
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Man City are disgusting- no credit to them - fucking Quatari stooges
                                                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Great afternoon sweat all the same
                                                                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

A truly great team denied by the financially doped plaything of a bunch of scumbags again

Comment

Gundogaaaaaaaaaaannnnn

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                                  A truly great team denied by the financially doped plaything of a bunch of scumbags again
                                                                                                                  Misery guts name change please

City are box office

Comment

Fingers crossed it’s Gove or Mogg
                                                                                                                    Senior Tory MP is accused of plying four men with date-rape drugs: 'Victims' include two fellow politicians - one of whom woke up to find his nipples being licked

A senior Conservative MP has been accused of plying four men with date-rape drugs, with a fellow Tory MP saying he woke up to find his nipples being licked.

Comment

Anyone want 2 tickets to Queen + Adam Lambert in Belfast on Saturday? I can't get it off work so need to sell the tickets. Do a good deal if anyone here wants them

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Yeah definitely post it. Pretty interested in that stuff after going the knee surgery route myself. But only if it’s handy, don’t feel like you have to dust off the scanner. (Do people still have scanners)
                                                                                                                        Ill find it and post it tomorrow.

Small bet on fitzpatrick for tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                          6starpool Friday June 10th release date For All Mankind S3!!...weekly drops unfortunately.

Im sure you are a bit preoccupied at the moment...
                                                                                                                          Ya, I've had that pencilled in my virtual diary for a while now. Hopefully it lives up to the greatness of S2.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X