X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my god. But here we are.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ha, was funking the second comp on behalf of my Lao horse and didn't realise I'd binked the 1st.

Thanks for running AJ.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        They should have it in Mariupol next year.
        Zelensky lurks on IPB!!!!

“We will do our best to one day host the participants and guests of Eurovision in Ukrainian Mariupol. Free, peaceful, rebuilt! I am sure our victorious chord in the battle with the enemy is not far off.”

Comment

Ha, was funking the second comp on behalf of my Lao horse and didn't realise I'd binked the 1st.

Thanks for running AJ.
          Well done ! Paid.

Thanks for running it AJ, always good craic.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Pm me shipping deets for me and the missus Degag
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
              ​​​​​...Step 1- Hitch says zero chance of Russian invasion, offers bet... Step 2- Liam takes bet and SWIFTly (pun intended) wins €100... Step 3- Hitch ships the winnings, ty Htich...
              ...Final step- reinvest loots...
              ...Mission complete ...

Comment

Brag : Arrived in Santorini yesterday evening

Beat : Missed the Eurovision which I'd normally be glued to

Variance : View from the hot tub on our private rooftop terrace.

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Ohmyjaysus that's stunning. Enjoy.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

SPOILER

SPOILER
                    I'd be blaring this.

Comment

Should be interesting.IFI

IRISH FOCUS: DARK HORSE ON THE WIND

Tuesday 17 May 2022 @ 18:20

Comment

Israeli Police and authorities really are the nut cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                          Germany doing me proud. Not sure how shit one needs to be in this competition but i feel that the Czech rep rather mediocre performance will cost me
                          Send me a few details and I send you a few Bob young man

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Israeli Police and authorities really are the nut cunts.
                            unforgivable scumbaggery

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Can someone pm me bank deets?

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-05-22, 22:26.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-05-22, 22:26.

Comment

I need to pay someone some Eurovision money. Send me revolut details

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                      I need to pay someone some Eurovision money. Send me revolut details
                                      I don't have revolut (or I do but have managed to break it via never using it). PM'd you and GL4me as I think everyone else has my deets from varipus tipping comps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        Stress, I guess? If this thing with the Asian girl takes off I'll have a legitimate case for that.
                                        Pretend to be having panic attacks. Or get some off the lads in town.

Comment

Stress, I guess? If this thing with the Asian girl takes off I'll have a legitimate case for that.
                                          Wondering what you think 'takes off' means but this is most certainly not the place to discuss such things.

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                            Was there a few weeks back. Great spot. One of my favourite holidays. The best value food was out in the small villages. There's a Michelin star restaurant in the south not far from the lighthouse. Also wine tasting in Argyros Estate was awesome. Couldn't believe the price. Both the cuvee monsignori and vin santo were amazing. The price was beyond a bargain imo. I wouldn't recommend the big new brewery tbh. It's fine but there are better experiences in countries with more established tradition. A boat trip is well worth doing if you're there for a week. Great to see a different perspective of the island. We found that a car was absolutely necessary to get round the island.

Are you in Imerovigli or Fira by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Was there a few weeks back. Great spot. One of my favourite holidays. The best value food was out in the small villages. There's a Michelin star restaurant in the south not far from the lighthouse. Also wine tasting in Argyros Estate was awesome. Couldn't believe the price. Both the cuvee monsignori and vin santo were amazing. The price was beyond a bargain imo. I wouldn't recommend the big new brewery tbh. It's fine but there are better experiences in countries with more established tradition. A boat trip is well worth doing if you're there for a week. Great to see a different perspective of the island. We found that a car was absolutely necessary to get round the island.

Are you in Imerovigli or Fira by any chance?
                                              Yeah, we're in Imerovigli.

Plan is to do Argyros Estate during the week. Haven't looked at boat trips yet but it sounds like a good idea.

We ate locally last night and the food was delicious. Nothing fancy, local food cooked amazingly.

The manager where we're staying is redonk good. All we have to do is what's app her what we want to do/where we want to go and she books everything. It's like having a private secretary so far!

Comment

Leinster really don't have much to fear from these 2 teams in the 2nd semi. sloppy and really poor execution across the park

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  Leinster really don't have much to fear from these 2 teams in the 2nd semi. sloppy and really poor execution across the park
                                                  They couldn't be this bad again.

Comment

Wondering what you think 'takes off' means but this is most certainly not the place to discuss such things.
                                                    Next IPB night out planned.

Comment

They couldn't be this bad again.
                                                      well la rochelle gave you a good pasting last year so they have it in them, but you guys looked phenomenal in your last 2 games so they'll definitely have to raise the level from today to give you a game

Comment

well la rochelle gave you a good pasting last year so they have it in them, but you guys looked phenomenal in your last 2 games so they'll definitely have to raise the level from today to give you a game
                                                        ROG must puking inwardly at the shitness of his place kicker although I suspect they will get over the line eventually.
                                                        Another extra-time draw would be nice.

Comment

Yeah, we're in Imerovigli.

Plan is to do Argyros Estate during the week. Haven't looked at boat trips yet but it sounds like a good idea.

We ate locally last night and the food was delicious. Nothing fancy, local food cooked amazingly.

The manager where we're staying is redonk good. All we have to do is what's app her what we want to do/where we want to go and she books everything. It's like having a private secretary so far!
                                                          Had a similar experience with our airbnb host tbh. He gave us a map on day 1. Loads of notes on food and things to do etc. Then asked a few questions before filling the rest of the itinerary out. Ridiculously good seevice and always available on whatsapp to help.

There's a lovely restaurant down the hill from you call Rosa's in Vourvoulos. You won't want to walk it and it's a little more expensive (normal for Ireland tbh) but we'll worth it.

Best breakfast we had was in Eriktokritos bakery in Karterados. We'll worth it. Try a Greek coffee it's s also really good. They make it with fine ground coffee in the cup. Kinda like loose tea in a sense. Softer, smoother texture and slightly more earthy in flavour.

If you're stuck for a bite in Fira, Yogi Gyros with stuff you with a take away €3 gyros. Always busy but they're actual fast food so you never wait long.

Comment

La ROGchelle seem an easy club to like whereas Racing just seem like Parisian wankers. So I guess I funk in that direction.

Comment

what an absolute mess this game is!

Comment

what an absolute mess this game is!
                                                                They both tried their hardest to lose.

Comment

On the off chance any of you are in the market for kitchen appliances, get onto that now.

We just started looking, have a new kitchen getting fitted in August. The Liebherr sales person laughed at us when we said Aug, as if it was tomorrow we were saying.

Some items are fine but we're being forced into second or third choices due to supply issues and unknown lead times.

Comment

On the off chance any of you are in the market for kitchen appliances, get onto that now.

We just started looking, have a new kitchen getting fitted in August. The Liebherr sales person laughed at us when we said Aug, as if it was tomorrow we were saying.

Some items are fine but we're being forced into second or third choices due to supply issues and unknown lead times.
                                                                    So, no tips on where to get alprazolam/Xanex?
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Lao Lao any chance you would give details for that place you're staying?

Comment

Israeli People are the nut cunts.
                                                                        FYP- they make Saffas seem sound
                                                                        Last edited by MysteryGuest; 15-05-22, 20:52.
                                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

So, no tips on where to get alprazolam/Xanex?
                                                                          I have a couple lying around the house. Took xanax before to help with an anxiety related sleep issue. Worked fine on that end, but needed to be scraped out of bed.

Can't be at that.

The first time I ever had one though was after a real heavy night of drinking, the first night landing in Lanzarote. Took one not long after waking up half dead. Half an hour later it felt like I had 10 hours sleep and never drank in my life.

Comment

I have a couple lying around the house. Took xanax before to help with an anxiety related sleep issue. Worked fine on that end, but needed to be scraped out of bed.

Can't be at that.
                                                                            Whatever about you, I really think it's the last thing Hitch needs in his life. Kinda missed Eurovision, as my 'special lady friend' had tickets for Imelda May at Vicar Street. Meh on the gig, though a nice evening was had.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Whatever about you, I really think it's the last thing Hitch needs in his life. Kinda missed Eurovision, as my 'special lady friend' had tickets for Imelda May at Vicar Street. Meh on the gig, though a nice evening was had.

I'm a Eurovision convert I have to say. The music is still mostly utter shite but the craic was good.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1719306&d=1652650189&type=thumb

Next IPB night out planned.
                                                                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I don't have revolut (or I do but have managed to break it via never using it). PM'd you and GL4me as I think everyone else has my deets from varipus tipping comps.
                                                                                  Money sent

Comment

I've a spare ticket for tonight's Public Service Broadcasting gig in the Olympia.

Saw them the last time they were in Dublin, it was an epic gig then so I expect tonight will be great too. Can transfer via the Ticketmaster app. If anyone's interested, please let me know and I'll sort you out. Not looking for any dough as I know it's very last minute; I just can't make it with family commitments.

Comment

Shipped a mail about viewing a house over the weekend, agent fires back that it's 130k above the listing price, still interested?

Comment

Money sent
                                                                                        Merci!

I am really feeling sick about Marseilles btw, had flights, airbnb etc all lined up at great prices a couple of months back and 2 of the 4 lads couldn't commit. Would have been flying in first thing Friday and out last thing Sunday. Grrrrrr.

Comment

Merci!

I am really feeling sick about Marseilles btw, had flights, airbnb etc all lined up at great prices a couple of months back and 2 of the 4 lads couldn't commit. Would have been flying in first thing Friday and out last thing Sunday. Grrrrrr.
                                                                                          sounds like a great weekend. also thought about it tbh

Comment

Merci!

I had a look at the travel agency options and I think it would cost ~1250-1500 per person to go now. Apart from the money it's hard to justify the two nights away to herself....things were so much easier pre-kids.

This time 10 years ago we were in London for the week awaiting the final having a great time.

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                              Lao Lao any chance you would give details for that place you're staying?
                                                                                              PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

I had a look at the travel agency options and I think it would cost ~1250-1500 per person to go now. Apart from the money it's hard to justify the two nights away to herself....things were so much easier pre-kids.

This time 10 years ago we were in London for the week awaiting the final having a great time.
                                                                                                We would have got flights, great accomodation and tickets to both finals for < €500.

You just need to persuade Mrs V that it's one of your T&C that you get 2 weekends away with the lads every year. Of course she gets the same with the ladies. Mrs D3 seems to have become resigned to this years back.

Did manage to get a Galway weekend (Montpellier) and a Belfast weekend (Clermont) this season so it wasn't a total washout but I do miss the French trips. Haven't been since Montpellier in early 2020.

Comment

PM sent
                                                                                                  can you send me on the details also please? we were looking at santorini for this summer

Comment

We would have got flights, great accomodation and tickets to both finals for < €500.

You just need to persuade Mrs V that it's one of your T&C that you get 2 weekends away with the lads every year. Of course she gets the same with the ladies. Mrs D3 seems to have become resigned to this years back.

Did manage to get a Galway weekend (Montpellier) and a Belfast weekend (Clermont) this season so it wasn't a total washout but I do miss the French trips. Haven't been since Montpellier in early 2020.
                                                                                                    She's very reasonable tbh it's more so that I need to get more organised and proactive.

In the past I would have just been more flexible in the run up to things like this and made it work. Like for a trip like this one, I would have maybe arranged (before the semi-final but not that early) for us to fly to Nice and stayed there for a few days and gotten a train to Marseille. Yes it would have cost a few quid overall but we'd have gotten a decent holiday out of it as well as taking in the final.

Now I need to be more organised and plan these things out months in advance and get other folk lined up as well. I guess I just need to accept that as you do but one of things I've always loved about travel/trips is that they are the antidote to my planned work life....
                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

She's very reasonable tbh it's more so that I need to get more organised and proactive.

In the past I would have just been more flexible in the run up to things like this and made it work. Like for a trip like this one, I would have maybe arranged (before the semi-final but not that early) for us to fly to Nice and stayed there for a few days and gotten a train to Marseille. Yes it would have cost a few quid overall but we'd have gotten a decent holiday out of it as well as taking in the final.

Now I need to be more organised and plan these things out months in advance and get other folk lined up as well. I guess I just need to accept that as you do but one of things I've always loved about travel/trips is that they are the antidote to my planned work life....
                                                                                                      It probably won't surprise you that I am the logistics man for my group. I line up the trips months out, get them signed up (and make them pay up front ).

Then all they have to do is show up and make important decisions like 'what bar do we go to next?'

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Looks amazing, but one of my first thought is that is could do with one of those glass barriers for a railing or something.

Comment

Comment

Euro money sent RD3, ty

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Looks amazing, but one of my first thought is that is could do with one of those glass barriers for a railing or something.
                                                                                                              That's just your father of young children spidey senses kicking in. It's a better view without any glass or railing.

That said, if I come up here tipsy one night and fall to my death, I'd like the above statement retracted in memorium at my IPB wake which should end with a blind hand of Omaha with all winnings going to my grieving wife.

Comment

Sent via Bank RDIII

Comment

PM sent
                                                                                                                  If you could send this direction too, that would be great. Cheers and enjoy it.

Comment

Reading a thread on Reddit where someone who is not from Ireland is recounting a story about how they were visiting a beach over the weekend where a couple was clearly fucking on the beach in the middle of the day and no one approached them to say this behavior isn't acceptable. They obviously found this extremely strange.

This comment ITT made me laugh very hard.

Yep, the Irish are so ridiculously against making a scene, it borders on bizarre sometimes.

But they will absolutely talk about it later.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

If you could send this direction too, that would be great. Cheers and enjoy it.
                                                                                                                      me too. A man can dream

Comment

easywithaces 3 handed on the $2k scoop final table with $100k+ up top and he has ALL the chips.

My name is Fintan Hand and I'm an Irish, 32 year old professional poker player, sponsored by Pokerstars. -- My accomplishments include -- 1. I'm the only Fintan Hand in the world -- 2. Tree time PokerStars SCOOP champion -- 3. I once correctly pronounced my 'TH' sound.

Comment

About to finish my mortgage stuff and ICS raise rates today meaning I'd have to pay 230 extra per month, scrambling to apply to other lenders now

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X