X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

SPOILER
    we don't know he died?

Some of the characters were a bit dubious, it was very uneven. And then some of them didn't really get a chance to develop, e.g.
    SPOILER
    the gay work friend of Jakes at the paper, that could have been an interesting angle on Japanese culture and attitudes. They lobbed in the fact of him being gay, then denying it to Jake and then that was it.

Did like Jake becoming more dissolute as the whole thing went on though, like he was being corrupted by the yakuza himself - in the same way the female lead already had been.
    The fact it's at least 2 seasons now means they still will have time to develop those story lines tbh. Definitely agree with you that they should be developing that one.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I was out for Thursday night pints and a big feed last week. Felt reasonably ok on Friday morning but the afternoon was beyond wretched.
      9am team meetings can gfy.
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

I hear ya, this getting old craic is no craic at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

The proles be having all kinds of crazy expectations post Covid. "What? You mean I have to come to work .... and attend meetings?" "Do I need to be clothed?"

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Strewelpeter good luck later
            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

The proles be having all kinds of crazy expectations post Covid. "What? You mean I have to come to work .... and attend meetings?" "Do I need to be clothed?"

In fairness to that guy he's fairly significant figure in the ML community from the little bit I read this morning and not stuck for a few quid after his last stint in google I'd imagine. Won't have to wait long for another job to land on his lap.

My missus in is San Diego for a "work retreat" with her 100% remote company. Seething with jealousy. Last I heard they had 300+ applications to a fairly standard entry level customer service type role and had to close the listing after a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

In fairness to that guy he's fairly significant figure in the ML community from the little bit I read this morning and not stuck for a few quid after his last stint in google I'd imagine. Won't have to wait long for another job to land on his lap.

My missus in is San Diego for a "work retreat" with her 100% remote company. Seething with jealousy. Last I heard they had 300+ applications to a fairly standard entry level customer service type role and had to close the listing after a couple of days.
                Employees seems to be recognising the opportunities presented by the remote working revolution faster than employers. Massive opportunities for companies to save on office space and to source cheap or talented workers from anywhere in the world.

Comment

Just asked Soccer Boy what the Man U score was yesterday and he correctly said 4-0. I assumed this was bad news for the CR7 bet but then he told me the 0 was Man U.

So Lao needs a somewhat unlikely tally of 4 goals in the last game of the season. Could happen I suppose.

I was seriously funking for a brace for him in the Brighton game to give me some scant bit of hope but we were beyond woeful. It's all yours at this stage bar a miracle.

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                  Sad to see MINDER is dead. ChildhoodTV

I loved the Dennis Waterman skits on Little Britain - I can write the theme tune, I can sing the theme tune.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Have ye all got summer planned? Speaking to a few people over the last week or so, and the prices are mad this year.
                  I'm a bit front loaded this year. Next week is Santorini for a week. Flights were OK price wise. Accommodation was not but out of all the Greek islands, it's probably the most pricey and I deliberately booked this place due to location/quality of it - I could have gone cheaper but where I've booked should be first class.

Then in early June, we're off to Lisbon in Portugal for Primavera Sound followed by a few days drinking vino down by the Douro. Accommodation was very reasonable in both locations. There is 4 adults going so maybe that helps rather than a family.

There will be a week out west in most likely July/August which should only cost a tank of petrol and I'm thinking of doing a city break in Sept/Oct but haven't put any thought into it at all as yet.

Comment

I've had some pretty mental conversations with potential employers.
                    A fair few that I wasn't really interested in working with, just seeing how far I could stretch out the requirements.
                    WGH 3+ days is standard and 9-5 is almost dead. Had a call with a CTO who I talked convincingly around to starting @ 10am+ given most core meeting hours are after 10
                    and it enables people to arrive in work without a streesful commute and an easier school run.
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                      Strewelpeter good luck later
                      Cheers, we'll need it. Original plan was that we would be looking to have a bit of a punt today but between one thing and a few others this is more of a proceed with caution, watching brief. Would still be hopeful she can be close enough at least to protect her ballot for another at this level or maybe pay out on the 4 places.

BayouBelle small EW 5:00 Roscommon.

Also will be in meetings WFCar for the journey down, flexibility FTW
                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 09-05-22, 12:53.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Looks like justified is making a comeback also. Definitely in my top 10 of best series ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Cheers, we'll need it. Original plan was that we would be looking to have a bit of a punt today but between one thing and a few others this is more of a proceed with caution, watching brief. Would still be hopeful she can be close enough at least to protect her ballot for another at this level or maybe pay out on the 4 places.

BayouBelle small EW 5:00 Roscommon.

Also will be in meetings WFCar for the journey down, flexibility FTW
                          Show the jock this and tell him you expect no less!

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Keir Starmer clearly wants to be back in the legal game. Tories must be laughing their holes off.

Comment

Keir Starmer clearly wants to be back in the legal game. Tories must be laughing their holes off.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Anyone have any restaurant recs in Alvor Portugal?

Comment

Show the jock this and tell him you expect no less!

Thats amazing.

Comment

I don't quite get the gambit. The tories simply dont give a fuck about hypocrisy.
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I don't quite get the gambit. The tories simply dont give a fuck about hypocrisy.
                                      Exactly. This is one of the most self-defeating things ever.

Comment

I see that Britney's father may not have been the control freak he was made out to be, but rather someone who was genuinely looking out for his extremely troubled daughter.

That's right - I'm calling out today Tuesday 10th of May as IPB Britney Discussion Day.
                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ahem
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

Results, voting and points from Semi-final 1, Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin. Ukraine won the first Semi-final with the song "Stefania" performed by Kalush Orchestra

Comment

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

https://eurovisionworld.com/eurovisi...2/semi-final-1
                                              Everyone funking for Ukraine obviously?

Comment

I see that Britney's father may not have been the control freak he was made out to be, but rather someone who was genuinely looking out for his extremely troubled daughter.

That's right - I'm calling out today Tuesday 10th of May as IPB Britney Discussion Day.
                                                she’s absolutely bonkers. no doubt the free Britney brigade will silently slip away.

1M likes, 55K comments - britneyspears on May 9, 2022: "I love you all SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO much 💋💋💋 !!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

she’s absolutely bonkers. no doubt the free Britney brigade will silently slip away.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdW2maqJ...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
                                                  No one should be telling Britney what to do!!!
                                                  *Opens IG
                                                  ( . ) ( . )

Don't do that!!!

How is it any less classy than the ubiquitous vanity fair pregnancy nude photoshoot.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

8/15 on

Comment

Luckforsome got them at 4/1. About 1/2 now. Valooooo

Comment

Are you lads trying to give Solks a stroke? (Although I'd say if he got a stroke from Britney, he'd happily die there and then)

Comment

Due to the rapid expansion of "Pats pub for hire" (actually turning into a nice side gig), I'm in the market for some Oktoberfest/industrial style outdoor benches. I've looked around and only real option at non ridic prices is amazon. Anyone know a guy or any recommendations?
                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Luckforsome got them at 4/1. About 1/2 now. Valooooo
                                                            i thought we all got on around 5.5 to 7?

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1718904&d=1652200955&type=thumb
                                                              Originally posted by Mellor View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdW2maqJ...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
                                                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                Ukraine @5/1 for Eurovision must be free money?
                                                                Day after the invasion.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

No one should be telling Britney what to do!!!
                                                                  *Opens IG
                                                                  ( . ) ( . )

Don't do that!!!

How is it any less classy than the ubiquitous vanity fair pregnancy nude photoshoot.
                                                                  Thats not the only thing. There was a story from right before the protection order was lifted, where she rang 911 to complain she was being oppressed. Not at that specific moment, but in general. It doesn't strike me as a fully coherent mindframe. Ah, live and let live, and best of luck to her. But she seems to have been properly broken by that growing up in the spotlight process.

Comment

i thought we all got on around 5.5 to 7?

Day after the invasion.
                                                                    LOL I'd completely forgotten that I was on since then, happy days and all the better for not realising I had the free money available yesterday

Comment

2QRwnMl.jpg

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                          It's an oldie.
                                                                          And the problem is well known too

Comment

I wanna see proof of the pre school children solve that in 5-10 mins
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

I wanna see proof of the pre school children solve that in 5-10 mins
                                                                              They were Asian

Comment

What's the going rate for communions?

Comment

€20, if its a general invite, €50 if its a niece or nephew. At least when I looked it up a year ago.

Fecking tooth fairy is up to a fiver now. Which is a constant pain given the general lack of cash. Usually need to run to an ATM, then down to a garage and buy a chomp to get change, then the kid wakes up and goes - oh look I got a fiver as expected, can you put it in my revolut?

Comment

What's the going rate for communions?
                                                                                    Depends on your relationship to the child. I got invited to my bosses daughter communion last weekend, declined the invite but stuck 20 quid in a card and gave it to her.

Niece or nephew would throw in 50. Wouldn't dream of going any higher.

Comment

I don't get all this fuss about the lease on the NMH at Vincents, there is absolutely nothing to fear from the church in the future... on the other hand who knows what sort of gazebo's are likely to what gets voted into being government in the future.

Comment

I don't get all this fuss about the lease on the NMH at Vincents, there is absolutely nothing to fear from the church in the future... on the other hand who knows what sort of gazebo's are likely to what gets voted into being government in the future.
                                                                                        300 years ago anesthetic was a club over the head...where do these people thing medicine will be in another 300 years ?

Im seriously expecting a star trek type scan and repair jobbie...from your own pod...on Mars...
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Depends on your relationship to the child. I got invited to my bosses daughter communion last weekend, declined the invite but stuck 20 quid in a card and gave it to her.

Niece or nephew would throw in 50. Wouldn't dream of going any higher.
                                                                                          we're spot on!

Actually I was thinking of putting in more for my niece just to be nice, but then decided against it as it would make the other family members look bad, so stuck with the 50. As long as everyone gives the same the system works to a tee.

Comment

Ugh, took me 30 minutes to figure it out lol

Comment

Found that puzzle fairly straightforward.
                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                              Went for + straight off so easy enough- ans is 2

Comment

€20, if its a general invite, €50 if its a niece or nephew. At least when I looked it up a year ago.

Fecking tooth fairy is up to a fiver now. Which is a constant pain given the general lack of cash. Usually need to run to an ATM, then down to a garage and buy a chomp to get change, then the kid wakes up and goes - oh look I got a fiver as expected, can you put it in my revolut?
                                                                                                Had someone looking for 20 × €5 notes in the shop recently.
                                                                                                Like our float wouldnt even have that many. We would start the day with a max of 20 fives and usually less.
                                                                                                The face on her was incredible, instantly pissed off complaining and demanding. The owner happened to be the one on the receiving end for once so ended giving her what we had and a few from his wallet.
                                                                                                The sense of entitlement with some people is staggering and disgusting in equal measure. Have these people never heard the word no before in their entire cossetted lives.

I was serving a customer with 1 other waiting and you have another Karen butting in from the side literally interjecting herself in to the customers space wanting to know do we do a certain product (which we didnt)
                                                                                                Me saying "I'll be with you in a little bit I'm just with a customer at the minute" Face all impatient and annoyed that I woupdnt drop everything and tend to her immediately.
                                                                                                Big sigh on finding out we didnt do the product and demanding "well where would I get it then" Me thinking (well you could pull apart the cheeks of your wrinkled fat hole and take a ganders up there)
                                                                                                Another eye roll and a tutting noise on learning that perhaps google might be a good fucking start.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Like our float wouldnt even have that many. We would start the day with a max of 20 fives and usually less.
                                                                                                  The face on her was incredible, instantly pissed off complaining and demanding. The owner happened to be the one on the receiving end for once so ended giving her what we had and a few from his wallet.
                                                                                                  The sense of entitlement with some people is staggering and disgusting in equal measure. Have these people never heard the word no before in their entire cossetted lives.

I was serving a customer with 1 other waiting and you have another Karen butting in from the side literally interjecting herself in to the customers space wanting to know do we do a certain product (which we didnt)
                                                                                                  Me saying "I'll be with you in a little bit I'm just with a customer at the minute" Face all impatient and annoyed that I woupdnt drop everything and tend to her immediately.
                                                                                                  Big sigh on finding out we didnt do the product and demanding "well where would I get it then" Me thinking (well you could pull apart the cheeks of your wrinkled fat hole and take a ganders up there)
                                                                                                  Another eye roll and a tutting noise on learning that perhaps google might be a good fucking start.
                                                                                                  Sounds even more stressful than the 3 barrel Omaha pot bets against Pat (take your pick) in the Fitz that got called down with a missed flush draw when he hit 2 pair on the river.

Comment

Guess the movie from 6 frames. Come back each day to see if you can guess the daily movie, or visit the archive to answer the days that you missed!

Got it in 2

Last edited by elbows; 11-05-22, 08:36.
                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

It seems my mother may have been in your establishment at least twice...

Hate bringing her anywhere...walking through Harvey Norman, typical convo goes like this..."state of that"...."who would buy that"....she would remind you of Gran from Kathrine Tate...just as racist but not as funny.
                                                                                                      Last edited by oleras; 11-05-22, 08:38.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                        Was gonna post similar then thought. Hmmm i bet everyone else did too

Comment

It seems my mother may have been in your establishment at least twice...

Hate bringing her anywhere...walking through Harvey Norman, typical convo goes like this..."state of that"...."who would buy that"....she would remind you of Gran from Kathrine Tate...just as racist but not as funny.
                                                                                                          Frienda mudder doing her lotto.

Sure who would have those numbers ?

Left me in stitches to the bewilderment of everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Sounds even more stressful than the 3 barrel Omaha pot bets against Pat (take your pick) in the Fitz that got called down with a missed flush draw when he hit 2 pair on the river.
                                                                                                            I actually find it sort of amusing most of the time.
                                                                                                            Had one of the young ones who works there a bit shocked at a customer randomly saying to her "you couldnt have done well in leaving cert if you're working here"
                                                                                                            I was saying to her she probably thought she was being funny and that she should have told her she was a law student!
                                                                                                            "oh didnt think of that, I was too taken aback"

On the Pat front Pat played against both out in city west recently. Sausage finger Pat (he was only in the game briefly) and Pat V. Good omaha game with some old Fitz regs and randomers (even had Denise in dealing for a bit, met her one of the nights earlier, big hug and a bit of a catch up which was nice)

Was shocked to hear Neil Duggan had passed away Jan 21.

Comment

Was gonna post similar then thought. Hmmm i bet everyone else did too
                                                                                                              I was proud of my near genius level pre school maths ability!!

Comment

Strangest thing about that quiz is that the digit 4 is never used in the left hand side calculations.

Comment

Which one was Niall Duggan? Biggest shock ever from the Fitz was when that poor girl had her throat slit by her also poker playing hubby and saw her pic in the paper.
                                                                                                                  I can still hear her distinct Dublin accent when she getting 7, 2. A nice girl . You never know who you are sitting beside.
                                                                                                                  I remember playing Squash back in the day with this nice little ol fella in Drimnagh, (Spheres- where Pat Shanahan was shot) . I knew his name was Des Kelly but never twigged it was the carpet fellow until I was slagging him one day about something (old age related) and one of the wags told me he was the actual Des of carpet fame. I recall being in the sauna and said loudly. Hey Des, do you know where you can get FELT for a tenner around here. Willie he said, that’s as old as me, that quip. Feck I thought it was genius , ah well . (corny jokes are repeatable right) I heard he died a few years back. Not in touch with the D12 Gangsta news I guess. He told me he got an all over body scan every so often to look out for the big C etc. I met his sons and they were very amicable. Not sure where the gansta reputation came from, I didn’t get that vibe from them anyway.

Comment

I actually find it sort of amusing most of the time.
                                                                                                                    Had one of the young ones who works there a bit shocked at a customer randomly saying to her "you couldnt have done well in leaving cert if you're working here"
                                                                                                                    I was saying to her she probably thought she was being funny and that she should have told her she was a law student!
                                                                                                                    "oh didnt think of that, I was too taken aback"

On the Pat front Pat played against both out in city west recently. Sausage finger Pat (he was only in the game briefly) and Pat V. Good omaha game with some old Fitz regs and randomers (even had Denise in dealing for a bit, met her one of the nights earlier, big hug and a bit of a catch up which was nice)

Was shocked to hear Neil Duggan had passed away Jan 21.

I hadn't heard about Neil, that's sad, couldn't have been that old.

Comment

Which one was Niall Duggan? Biggest shock ever from the Fitz was when that poor girl had her throat slit by her also poker playing hubby and saw her pic in the paper.
                                                                                                                      I can still hear her distinct Dublin accent when she getting 7, 2. A nice girl . You never know who you are sitting beside.
                                                                                                                      I remember playing Squash back in the day with this nice little ol fella in Drimnagh, (Spheres- where Pat Shanahan was shot) . I knew his name was Des Kelly but never twigged it was the carpet fellow until I was slagging him one day about something (old age related) and one of the wags told me he was the actual Des of carpet fame. I recall being in the sauna and said loudly. Hey Des, do you know where you can get FELT for a tenner around here. Willie he said, that’s as old as me, that quip. Feck I thought it was genius , ah well . (corny jokes are repeatable right) I heard he died a few years back. Not in touch with the D12 Gangsta news I guess. He told me he got an all over body scan every so often to look out for the big C etc. I met his sons and they were very amicable. Not sure where the gansta reputation came from, I didn’t get that vibe from them anyway.
                                                                                                                      Neil Duggan was the 100 game omaha player in the fitz with long hair, softly spoken, outside smoking a good bit. Not sure if that's enough of a description, but there you go.

Comment

Neil played the big omaha game, seat 2 or 3 usually. Leather jacket, longish hair, looked a bit like the father in "little house on the prairie" Dave T showed me a pic of him (out in city west) when he was in his 20's a ringer for Johnny Depp (he must have been beating them off with a stick!)
                                                                                                                        He was a bit hard of hearing so you could barely hear him when he spoke. Dee was telling me had hepatitis.
                                                                                                                        He would gave been about 57 years old or so.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Wait - there's another way of solving it? The 'classic' solution (which I didn't get) is:

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Its the number of circles in the numbers. So e.g. 8888 - each eight has two circles, so the answer for 8888 is 8. Or 2831 - two circles in the eight, hence the answer is 2.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X