Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only nukes Russia have are the threat of them.

Nuke Moscow I say.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Well, maybe just a tactical one on Putin's gaff.

Comment

Off to support Munsterrrrrrrr. I am nothing if not fraternal in my allegiances.

40k tickets sold allegedly.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Off to support Munsterrrrrrrr. I am nothing if not fraternal in my allegiances.

40k tickets sold allegedly.
          A couple of Munster Jerseys spotted in Iceland Airport his morning.

Comment

Going to plan imo. Toulouse fan beside me reckons they are knackered.

Comment

At least 40k crowd imo, pretty packed. Great atmosphere.

Comment

Munster really are something, they ought not have any right to be within an asses roar of the surrender monkeys.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Not aware of that, and dont think i have seen that film, deliberate casting so with PSH son ?
                  AFAIK it's not something PTA has said himself, that was my take on it. Punch drunk love is a superb film right up there with his best IMO.

Comment

Did Munster not have the option to take the lineout there

Comment

WP Raoul some game to see live .

Think the Frenchies just about deserved it.

Comment

great day of football so far

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

They don't need excuses, but this does give them one. It seems huge, no? The US directly targeting Russian military assets. I see there is quite a bit of uneasiness in the US among military experts about the tactic. At the very least, its a risky tactic.
                          In Vietnam, there were Russian pilots shooting down American planes, and the US went on to lose without resorting to nuking Moscow

Comment

Some balls on SF to be crowning entering an election with 27 seats and leaving it with 27 seats, as a historic victory.
                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

In Vietnam, there were Russian pilots shooting down American planes, and the US went on to lose without resorting to nuking Moscow

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/04/14/w...n-vietnam.html
                              as they say in financial markets: the past is a perfect predictor of the future.

Comment

Some balls on SF to be crowning entering an election with 27 seats and leaving it with 27 seats, as a historic victory.
                                I think it's churlish by any measure to pretend that the result is anything other than hugely historic.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                  ln other news the recent brilliant Apple TV show Severance (Ben Stiller, John Truturro, Christopher Walken and more...) which received mostly very good feedback here (and I much agree with all of that) had a number of episodes directed by Omagh, Tyrone-lass - Aoife McArdle who was very involved in the whole production.

I know many won't consider her fully Irish BUT with Sinn Fein about to inherit the north we may as well get used to the notion... she's cooler than Bono, and that's for fucking sure.

It is a shared island after all, and that's all right, right? Aoife abu! She's a real star.

Srsly?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I think it's churlish by any measure to pretend that the result is anything other than hugely historic.
                                    Sure. But if you scored a goal in the All-Ireland due to all the other players running backwards instead of forwards - it would most definitely enter the history books, but there would be some sort of asterix next to it.

Its the Alliance move from 8 to 17 seats (SF only on 27 seats, and haven't moved in three elections), that is surely the sign of the positive things to come in a new modern Northern Ireland? That strikes me as the real historic momentum. That NI is moving from partisan crap to a collective understanding of the meaning of that part of land.

I hugely support the unification of Ireland. But its hard to see how one nationalist party standing still and another collapsing, while the unionist parties stab themselves in the face, is really all that much of a sign in that direction.

Comment

The first preference vote is an indicator of change. SF added 25k to get 250k iirc. DUP went down 70k.

Personally I don't want to share a country with DUP voters...or SF voters come to that.

Comment

25,000 votes is 1.3% of the population. Its not an earth-shattering movement really, is it. Especially given the much higher growth rate of the Catholic population compared to the Protestant population, which would suggest that the Catholic/Nationalist vote should be rising election-by-election.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/04/14/w...n-vietnam.html
                                          This is quite a tenuous observation, no?

It was a 50 year old war with far different actors. No one knows currently what Putin might do.

I hope you are right though of course.

Comment

You're right Hitch, the big story is the rise of a non sectarian vote. People not caring about green or orange.

That's what we should be focusing on.

Fuck SF and the DUP, and fuck a border poll until that non partisan electorate is the majority.

It needs to start with desegregation of schools, and it needs to wait until that un-poisoned generation grow to vote.

We're 30 years away from a peaceful reunification.

Sinn Fein are not the ones to deliver it.

Comment

Balls. I've no fast track for the morning and they're not open. eamonhonda I'm guessing the usual arrive at 6:10 for a 7:00 flight will not be a goer in that case?

Comment

Sure. But if you scored a goal in the All-Ireland due to all the other players running backwards instead of forwards - it would most definitely enter the history books, but there would be some sort of asterix next to it.

Its the Alliance move from 8 to 17 seats (SF only on 27 seats, and haven't moved in three elections), that is surely the sign of the positive things to come in a new modern Northern Ireland? That strikes me as the real historic momentum. That NI is moving from partisan crap to a collective understanding of the meaning of that part of land.

I hugely support the unification of Ireland. But its hard to see how one nationalist party standing still, while the unionist parties stab themselves in the face, is really all that much of a sign in that direction.
                                                They won the most seats and the most votes. It's the first time a non unionist party has done so. Are you saying they didn't win the election, or that it's not historic?

I suppose you could argue over what winning the election means but I think most people would probably include seats and votes in their definition. IDK, who cares. It's a pretty major moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                  WP Raoul some game to see live .

Think the Frenchies just about deserved it.
                                                  That's another one ticked off on 'the list of things I've never seen on a rugby pitch'.

Two things:
                                                  1. Why the fuck was it not Carbery lining up the drop goals at the end instead of that poor kid?
                                                  2. Munster lost that game rather than Toulouse winning it. When PO'M went off, they fell apart mentally.
                                                  Great game and day out though. Leinster will absolutely hose them next weekend.

Comment

Jesus, Zelensky's speech today. On what we call VE Day.

Have a read of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

This is quite a tenuous observation, no?

It was a 50 year old war with far different actors. No one knows currently what Putin might do I hope you are right though of course.
                                                      Not at all, it's a very similar situation between the two adversaries. Why would things be different now? If Putin wants to change the rules of engagement and start firing nukes around the place then it will be because he wants to do that, and he will then come up with an excuse to justify it, not because of some imaginary red line that exists in his head and hasn't been the case in 75 years of cold war between the States and the US.

Comment

Day of mourning for couriercollie

The head of the Russian space agency said local authorities were determining "the exact level of participation in illegal activities" by Benjamin Rich and Alina Tseliupa.

Comment

His latest video on life in Syria at the moment is very good.

Great channel for anyone interested in old soviet stuff.

He has a video on the place NE of moldova, transland ? cant remember the name, but a lot of those people are stuck in limbo and want the "ease of life that old USSR provided" , same with a lot of the provinces in eastern Ukraine, they were sick and tired of corruption and infrastructure outside of major cities being ignored...guess they need the likes of the Healy rays.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

A couple of juicy threads here..

He's not done either, in the middle of another one right now.

Comment

Has anyone seen this movie?

Comment

I wonder how much ketamine was involved in the production of severance..

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                  Balls. I've no fast track for the morning and they're not open. eamonhonda I'm guessing the usual arrive at 6:10 for a 7:00 flight will not be a goer in that case?
                                                                  Id be giving it the 2+ hours early if it were me
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Black pudding sausage roll. A thing of genius!

Comment

Watched the Joker again yesterday What a performance that was. Disturbingly perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Au contraire I'm afraid Mellor.

Rourke was one of my fav actors 30-odd years ago. Diner, Rumblefish, Angel Heart (one of the best soundtracks ever BTW), Barfly... all great movies. (Forget 9 1/2 weeks and Wild Orchid though they are still interesting period pieces)

His comebacks Sin City and TheWrestler were, well, award wining and deserved it.

As a pro boxer he had 6 wins and 2 draws - maybe a bum in some boxing circles but boxing doesn't have that high standards. I wouldn't wanna go 8 fights and put my reputation on the line. Would you?

He might have been a head the ball (hey, that's Hollywood) but I wouldn't describe him as a bum but I bet he could play one really well (see Barfly/Bukowski).

Hes friggin' 70 this year! Yes the plastic surgery is an abomination - he blames the boxing I think, I'm not so sure but hey... whatever.. one of the more interesting characters of that period. I believe he was well broke too and just hung with his dogs for an age before getting a second wind.

Hope I do as well when my second wind comes!

(PS...John Cleese on the other hand, well I couldn't agree more. What a sad case of genius turned bitter, unfunny, money grubbing hater. You have to be some kind of cunt for a divorce to cost you £65 million. Up yours Cleese you disloyal Brexit bastard.)
                                                                        He’s been in some great films and his career is a rollercoaster. The Wrestler was an amazing comeback movies. But that was 14 years ago. Since then he’s been in 30-40 films. How many could you name? How many were even had a theatrical release.

By ”bum” I was referring to that fact that he’ll take any thing he can get. I believe he needs the work. Taking a part in a Polanski film is not surprising.

Comment

Ha. You'd think he was locked up from the headline.
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Canelo was beaten fair and square. He took the defeat well. Good fight.
                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Id be giving it the 2+ hours early if it were me
                                                                              fuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccck

Comment

Just asked Soccer Boy what the Man U score was yesterday and he correctly said 4-0. I assumed this was bad news for the CR7 bet but then he told me the 0 was Man U.

So Lao needs a somewhat unlikely tally of 4 goals in the last game of the season. Could happen I suppose.

Comment

Sad to see MINDER is dead. ChildhoodTV

Comment

Great run by JamFly to finish 2nd in the European Deepstack just now. Wp

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

fuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccck
                                                                                      Yeah Mondays are pretty busy. You've the added problem at that hour of people arriving too early so people flying at like 9 or 10am will be filling the queue with you.
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Have ye all got summer planned? Speaking to a few people over the last week or so, and the prices are mad this year.

Comment

Have ye all got summer planned? Speaking to a few people over the last week or so, and the prices are mad this year.
                                                                                          Apart from a few weekends away, nothing major. We decided to wait until September for our "main" holiday and got a great deal in Lithuania for a week. As you say, prices were outrageous.

Comment

Uffff Sunday night drinks are the best drinks
                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

He says posting on ipb while standing at an urinal
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                Great run by JamFly to finish 2nd in the European Deepstack just now. Wp
                                                                                                Fair fucks to Darragh Davey too for 4th.

Remember the days when they would b.a.p. here and we would question the ambitious mark ups
                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

This article took an awful turn. Poor guy.

Comment

This article took an awful turn. Poor guy.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...airs-1.4870350
                                                                                                    initially I wondered was it that lad in tallaght shooting

Comment

Owwww my brains
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

No mobilisation announced by the mad fuhrer in Moscow at the Crazy Day Out Parade.

Which in true doublespeak fashion probably means it'll happen tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                          Owwww my brains
                                                                                                          I was out for Thursday night pints and a big feed last week. Felt reasonably ok on Friday morning but the afternoon was beyond wretched.

Comment

Yeah, similar doubts about Tokyo Vice. Still, roll on the second season.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            why the fuck did they have to kill Sato though.

Comment

No mobilisation announced by the mad fuhrer in Moscow at the Crazy Day Out Parade.

Which in true doublespeak fashion probably means it'll happen tomorrow.
                                                                                                              seemed to be some analysis this morning saying he might be backtracking a bit, on the grounds that even he has realised he can't win much.

Re the bolded. yikes - its a V-day memorial, every major country involved in the world wars has one. Maybe you don't get the significance of those days due to being from Ireland. The French one is huuuuuge. And, of course, Russia lost the most people in the world wars, no? I'd definitely separate out the importance of those types of days with the person running the day.

Comment

Yeah, similar doubts about Tokyo Vice. Still, roll on the second season.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                why the fuck did they have to kill Sato though.
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                we don't know he died?

Some of the characters were a bit dubious, it was very uneven. And then some of them didn't really get a chance to develop, e.g.
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                the gay work friend of Jakes at the paper, that could have been an interesting angle on Japanese culture and attitudes. They lobbed in the fact of him being gay, then denying it to Jake and then that was it.

Did like Jake becoming more dissolute as the whole thing went on though, like he was being corrupted by the yakuza himself - in the same way the female lead already had been.

Comment

seemed to be some analysis this morning saying he might be backtracking a bit, on the grounds that even he has realised he can't win much.

Re the bolded. yikes - its a V-day memorial, every major country involved in the world wars has one. Maybe you don't get the significance of those days due to being from Ireland. The French one is huuuuuge. And, of course, Russia lost the most people in the world wars, no? I'd definitely separate out the importance of those types of days with the person running the day.
                                                                                                                  It might have been a proper commemoration once.
                                                                                                                  But Russia has gone to Crazytown under Mad Vlad.

I mean, this is a completely normal thing, right?

Comment

It might have been a proper commemoration once.
                                                                                                                    But Russia has gone to Crazytown under Mad Vlad.

I mean, this is a completely normal thing, right?

oh yeah, sure, its a perverted interpretation, but I wouldn't diss V-day celebrations as a 'crazy day out'. They seem to be hugely important in a way that we don't understand in Ireland, because we didn't live through the wars in the same way. The French one (which didn't have kids in tanks), was massive, and I personally found it deeply moving. Russia clearly has as much right as France to mourn those wars and celebrate their ending.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      we don't know he died?

Some of the characters were a bit dubious, it was very uneven. And then some of them didn't really get a chance to develop, e.g.
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      the gay work friend of Jakes at the paper, that could have been an interesting angle on Japanese culture and attitudes. They lobbed in the fact of him being gay, then denying it to Jake and then that was it.

Did like Jake becoming more dissolute as the whole thing went on though, like he was being corrupted by the yakuza himself - in the same way the female lead already had been.
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      ah - I'm missed the fact that he might not have died. We can hopefully look forward to some more Backstreet Boys in the next season too. Also missed the gay thing - this was when he met him around some alleyway, or something like that? Interesting.

Comment

oh yeah, sure, its a perverted interpretation, but I wouldn't diss V-day celebrations as a 'crazy day out'. They seem to be hugely important in a way that we don't understand in Ireland, because we didn't live through the wars in the same way. The French one (which didn't have kids in tanks), was massive, and I personally found it deeply moving. Russia clearly has as much right as France to mourn those wars and celebrate their ending.
                                                                                                                        Sure, but that is not at all what they are doing today. They are perverting historical memory.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X