Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you see what scumbags the Chinese regime are.

One thing that is good about this horrible episode. We now have a moment of near-total moral clarity.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"There are multiple reports from journalists in Ukraine that Russian troops have now reached a point just north of the Ukrainian capital of Kiev."

Holy Fcuk
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Wallace and Daly need to be firmly kicked in the gee for their support of Russia
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Powerful statement by a Ukrainian MP: "in every barrel of Russian oil and every cubic metre of Russian gas, there is now Ukrainian blood. Embargo them now."

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
            Wallace and Daly need to be firmly kicked in the gee for their support of Russia
            And Assad.

Fucking useful idiots. Anyone who ever voted for either of them needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

He has already threatened the West . The war has started economically. Would we take Hitler out pre1940s knowing what we know now ? I'd imagine there are a few Russians want him dead. Enable them. Its not so far fetched

I may have got this completely arse ways but was it not accepted that not taking out Hitler was a good thing as his utter bat shit craziness significantly helped with the downfall of Germany in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I may have got this completely arse ways but was it not accepted that not taking out Hitler was a good thing as his utter bat shit craziness significantly helped with the downfall of Germany in the end?
                Im not so sure millions of Jews find this mindset a good thing The downfall of Germany was in its execution of some surprisingly stupid tactics . Eg Operation Narbarossa .

Comment

Lol Narbarossa. How the fk did autocorrect get that

Comment

Im not so sure millions of Jews find this mindset a good thing The downfall of Germany was in its execution of some surprisingly stupid tactics . Eg Operation Narbarossa .
                    I never suggested they would. My point was that it was believed that had they been able to take Hitler out during WW2, the end result would have been a lot worse for everyone as the stupid tactics you mention were coming from/being directed by him. Obviously, any theory like this relies on a lot of assumptions so can never be proven right or wrong.

As I said, I may have got it arse ways but I vaguely remember reading/seeing this before.

Comment

Some neck all the same......

Comment

Invoking the UN Charter. Shameless shower of murdering cunts.

Comment

Btw here is the paper on political assassination and war.

Comment

Ukraine should enter a agreement with Western power and sell the country become x citizens- now lets send in our peacekeeping force

Seems easy enough to do apparently- just sign an executive order

Comment

I'd say he has been stockpiling food supplies etc or has capacity to ramp up production or source elsewhere but if it was possible to put pressure on supply chain/food getting to market, any little comfort that citizens take for granted to disrupt that and cause upset among the pop combined with a massive propaganda campaign. Plus every possible measure elsewhere and pressure on China also.

You lay lo mo hi

Comment

Putingrad has an ominous ring to it. Hardly far away from that type of pronouncement in the Duma the way things are going.

Comment

Footage of a plane firing missiles into residential areas and kids screaming.

May Putin and his cronies die screaming.

Comment

Are we going with Kyiv (like sleeve) or good old Kiev as in chicken Kiev?

Live cam of main square could get interesting over the next few hours.

Comment

wow, its almost deserted at near peak travel time. What do you do when you know your country is in the midst of being taken over and the next maybe decade of life, maybe longer, is being rewritten in a very different, very dark way.
                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        wow, its almost deserted at near peak travel time. What do you do when you know your country is in the midst of being taken over and the next maybe decade of life, maybe longer, is being rewritten in a very different, very dark way.
                                        Think a curfew has been introduced.

Mad that some of us and our kids will be online later playing poker and gaming with regular Ukrainian and Russian folk.

Comment

Would be mad if it sparked widespread unrest and protest in Russia, leading to the military rank and file turning, and the eventual ousting of Vlad. What are the chances of that I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                            1. Officially recognize separatist states.
                                            2. Move in "peacekeepers" in the next few months.
                                            3. Organize these separatist states to be folded into russia for "reasons".
                                            4. ??????
                                            5. Profit.

The west are so keen to (rightly) avoid war, that this slow burn will happen and that will be that imo.
                                            My first foray into the realm of complicated geopolitics didn’t end well.

I didn’t think it’d go this far tbh.

Still think Ukraine will be thrown to the wolves though. There isn’t really an alternative.
                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

My first foray into the realm of complicated geopolitics didn’t end well.

I didn’t think it’d go this far tbh.

Still think Ukraine will be thrown to the wolves though. There isn’t really an alternative.
                                              As we saw from Iraq; subduing the military assets of a country is one thing (and can proceed along reasonably linear pathways), holding and pacifying an entire country is quite another.

The Russians only need cast their minds back to their own misadventures in Afghanistan for proof of this.

Comment

From what i can see Tiktoc will decide the outcome of this .

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  I hope there will be huge demonstrations outside the Russian embassy here today.

Not that it will make an iota of difference but at least demonstrating the righteous anger that decent Irish people feel about this unprovoked aggression would be something.
                                                  I'm sure if enough of us change our Facebook profile pictures, Putin will get the message and go home
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Is there a map anywhere of what areas have been attacked so far and what areas have been taken?

Comment

It seems in the world of realpolitik there is some consideration, from Germany, most notably, of needing to condemn what is fundamentally outrageous and horrific behaviour, but not fully pushing Russia into having China as its only ally. Can see it particularly with access to SWIFT. A very tense balancing act.

Comment

Is there a map anywhere of what areas have been attacked so far and what areas have been taken?
                                                        Best I could find from a cursory glance at Twitter. As always, its Twitter, pinch of salt n all that.

Comment

I had a unsedated endoscopy today. Would not recommend.

Comment

feck, its everywhere in that case. I wonder if the plan is really to take over the whole country, or if they are just attempting to take out military infrastructure around the country that might be used to attack them if they take the Donbass and Luhanhsk regions. I've no idea, at this stage, obv. Can see why Zelensky was so pissed at Belarus, which turns out to be critical in terms of the Russians quickly reaching Kyiv.

Comment

A guy who works for me has a few mates in Ukraine and they have a gaming session on-line every Tuesday and Thursday night. He was messaging them earlier today and the responses were that they won't be on-line tonight as they are all packing up and fleeing to Poland - Sounds absolutely fucking grim.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                I feel your pain. Its fucking grim. Had one down my nose for a tumor 10 years ago. Hated it!

Comment

Been a busy couple of weeks so can I ask a favor. Can anyone point me to the post where Hitch defends the invasion?
                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

I feel your pain. Its fucking grim. Had one down my nose for a tumor 10 years ago. Hated it!
                                                                    Had one up the penis a few years ago, looking for a source of bleeding. Didn't give me a new fetish anyway
                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Had one up the penis a few years ago, looking for a source of bleeding. Didn't give me a new fetish anyway
                                                                      I'm a pretty open minded dude but sounding, and it's conclusion if taken to extreme, is just something I cannot for the life of me understand.
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I'm a pretty open minded dude but sounding, and it's conclusion if taken to extreme, is just something I cannot for the life of me understand.
                                                                        Probably shouldn't be mentioned. The posters here who didn't know what a fleshlight was shouldn't google sounding!

Comment

after my leg surgery a couple of years ago i had a morphine drip, and i'd remembered from the previous morphine session that peeing was sooo fucking hard for me, and ruining the buzz. i didn't feel much pain, just enjoyed getting high tbh.

anyway first night after surgery, hadn't peed in like 6 hours, and overcame my aversion to having something stuck down my penis in exchange for the thought of pure bliss of getting high non stop without having the buzz ruined by the constant need to pee. called the nurse over asking for a catheter to be put in. she did a quick ultrasound, found there was over a litre of piss waiting to come out, and obliged with a catheter. wasn't very pleasant tbh, but well worth the discomfort and having the next 2 days of uninterrupted morphine high with your urine going straight out of your body without you having to oblige.

After 2 days i got called out by the nurse who said i must be in serious pain the amount of morphine i was taking, and that i might have to stay a couple of days longer in hospital, so i said i'm fine, take the drip away, i want to go home now. removal of the catheter was a lot scarier than painful also.

i did ask myself whether this could be interesting in a sexual way, but the answer was a resounding no for me

TLDR: morphine is awesome. pee free morphine is even better
                                                                          Last edited by shrapnel; 24-02-22, 19:13.

Comment

Positives of the invasion- this should finally kill off the old pub bore line about no two countries with a McDonald’s having gone to war which has been bullshit since the 90s (at least)
                                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                              Did they offer you the option of sedation and you refused. That was me, logic being that surely it couldn't be that bad really. It was, I was regretting my choice after 2 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Did they offer you the option of sedation and you refused. That was me, logic being that surely it couldn't be that bad really. It was, I was regretting my choice after 2 seconds.
                                                                                Like GAB asked, which orifice? I quite enjoyed seeing live video from inside my bladder. Well worth the minor discomfort.

Comment

Like GAB asked, which orifice? I quite enjoyed seeing live video from inside my bladder. Well worth the minor discomfort.
                                                                                  I was going to say 'endoscopy, so throat obviously'. But seems endoscopy can be be multiple places. But mine was throat!

I kind of thought i'd be easily able to slip into some sort of mellow place in my mind and forget about what was happening. But all i could focus on for the 15 minutes was that bloody big scope down my throat and past my oesephagus. Terrible stuff.

Comment

IPB aging the fk. Irish Prostates Boards .

Got both done . Sedated . Was vaguely aware of the jaxy one then they increased the sedation . Mad sensation . Drinking that stuff the night before was a bigger ordeal drugs are good on the whole (oops).

Comment

I don't even have a GP!

​​​​​​
                                                                                      Last edited by Micknail; 24-02-22, 20:23.
                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Wife had to go for one recently, gets put on a waiting list, waits a month, gets a letter saying appointment in a few months, and rings the doc saying - eh I can go private, in the next day to the rock, covered by insurance. Such a shitty system that that isn't the normal service given a huge part of our tax goes towards the public health system, and yet its the few hundred on top that gets you the service you should expect.

Comment

I don't even have a GP!

​​​​​​
                                                                                          I dont either . Went to the one in my ol Drimnagh haunt. What have you done with Dr Rowan.? Hes gone years i'm the son. now i go between about 3 differen places depending on A ) if i want handy prescriptions B) a serious check up C) after hours doc.

family GP thing dying out.

Comment

Wife had to go for one recently, gets put on a waiting list, waits a month, gets a letter saying appointment in a few months, and rings the doc saying - eh I can go private, in the next day to the rock, covered by insurance. Such a shitty system that that isn't the normal service given a huge part of our tax goes towards the public health system, and yet its the few hundred on top that gets you the service you should expect.
                                                                                            Ya can keep yer dirty rubles

Comment

I realise this type of thing is seasonal, but we must be up there with France (through nuclear on their side) as the least Russian energy dependent nation in Europe.

Ncur4sV.png

Comment

I dont either . Went to the one in my ol Drimnagh haunt. What have you done with Dr Rowan.? Hes gone years i'm the son. now i go between about 3 differen places depending on A ) if i want handy prescriptions B) a serious check up C) after hours doc.

family GP thing dying out.
                                                                                                No as in I haven't seen any medical person bar covid shots in about twenty years.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Down the local Supervalu earlier stuck with the kids, official opening day of the revamped store. Lad got to spin a wheel and shipped a prize. Before i could get to him he had taken the electric carving knives instead of the Gin hamper. FML.

Comment

No as in I haven't seen any medical person bar covid shots in about twenty years.
                                                                                                    MICKNAIL

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                        Been a busy couple of weeks so can I ask a favor. Can anyone point me to the post where Hitch defends the invasion?
                                                                                                        Don't think he has defended it.

It started out with a bet that the invasion wouldn't happen. Then on Tuesday when what most people would accept as an invasion did happen he got into the old routine of this place and that place not being a country (Taiwan springs to mind).

I think a lot of what Hitch tries to do is to correct what he sees as the bias in most of the US/UK news reporting, however he tends to just go complete devils advocate most of the time and he isn't even good at that.

Think he was genuinely surprised this morning.

Comment

Don't think he has defended it.

It started out with a bet that the invasion wouldn't happen. Then on Tuesday when what most people would accept as an invasion did happen he got into the old routine of this place and that place not being a country (Taiwan springs to mind).

I think a lot of what Hitch tries to do is to correct what he sees as the bias in most of the US/UK news reporting, however he tends to just go complete devils advocate most of the time and he isn't even good at that.

Think he was genuinely surprised this morning.
                                                                                                          There was a fair amount of victim blaming too. And blatant rewriting of history. Followed by basic denial of facts.

Eventually I came to believe he had created a comedy parody character for all his posting on the topic. He seems to have dropped the Comical Sasha act now, presumably on grounds of poor taste.

Comment

There was a fair amount of victim blaming too. And blatant rewriting of history. Followed by basic denial of facts.

Eventually I came to believe he had created a comedy parody character for all his posting on the topic. He seems to have dropped the Comical Sasha act now, presumably on grounds of poor taste.
                                                                                                            Lets hope so. Though he's still not back on twitter. Can only assume he'll find somewhere in the metaverse where that character will survive.

Comment

Lets hope so. Though he's still not back on twitter. Can only assume he'll find somewhere in the metaverse where that character will survive.
                                                                                                              FMYePtGWYAIuk0U?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

Comment

To be fair, the Russians and Ukranians I've been talking to are vehemently anti Putin, pro democracy, smart people with lots of family there were of a similar mindset to Hitch over the past few weeks.
                                                                                                                  A couple I was talking to on Tuesday have parents there (either side of the eastern territories) and were not even considering getting them out and even though they are under no illusions about Putin they simply do not believe that Russian soldiers will fight the Ukranian people. Obviously they are a lot more concerned today but still not panicking, comms are open and good but the the roads are crazy busy and flights are not an option so in practice there is not much they can actually do now either stay put or drive out of the country. I think for the moment staying put feels safest.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Blinken, who has been absolutely bang on the money, saying today that Mad Vlad's fascist army are planning to encircle and capture Kiev.

And:
                                                                                                                    We believe Moscow has developed plans to inflict widespread human rights abuses – and potentially worse – on the Ukrainian people
                                                                                                                    Chilling.

Comment

I think you somehow manage to come out of this as the odd one, despite me being clearly wrong. All this mad, syphilis Vlad speel, the people are brainwashed, about terming the Western side 'the allies', ad naseum. Its about creating an emotive caricature of a serious situation with real people making decisions that make sense to them on both sides. Its not driven by madness, its not driven by brainwashed masses, its a strategic decision that Russia has made based on their belief about the US aka NATO encroachment and involvement in Ukraine. I think its a horrible decision, but approaching it from a framework of madness and comic book storylines is what keeps these battles arising and ongoing.

It seems that to Russia's mind, they had thought they had sent a lesson to NATO with the Georgia war, then by ramping it up by annexing part of Ukraine, and now feel a need to ramp it up further. The lesson they are consistently sending is 'don't mess in our back yard'. We can strongly disagree with the message, but to their minds they clearly think there's a logic to it. We need to work with that logic, not with fantasy storylines.

Finland's next steps, as someone mentioned earlier, will be instructive as to what the smartest people in the room think. They've made an artform of managing those dual relationships over many decades. Maybe they will decide that NATO is what they need to join, or maybe they will continue what they have usually done and talk and understand and be wary of their nasty neighbour.

Comment

I think you somehow manage to come out of this as the odd one, despite me being clearly wrong.
                                                                                                                        Delicious.

It's amazing how you can switch back into character so fast. Are you going to do a live version next week? (ideally complete with mazurka dancing and necking bottles of vodka)

Comment

The big winner today is Boris Johnson, the market on his exit being this year has moved in the from 1/2 to evens.
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X