This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    As im a novice at having my own set of bins, am I right in thinking you don't put out bins if there's a storm coming overnight that might blow your bin into the next neighbourhood. As I write this, I feel I've worked out the correct answer.
    Stick a couple of cats in to weight it down

Comment

If you have the QR code, but just no access to the UK app, could you not just pop his cert on the Irish or French covid app - you don't have to be a citizen to use those national apps. They all read QR codes the same way, and I've used mine on the French, Irish, Italian apps. But maybe the issue is that you don't have the QR code? Thats a bit of a massive oversight by the Brits tbh, given 12+ need these. tbh the certs was checked absolutely everywhere, unfortunately. Except in the airport, where you would expect it to be checked most. Paper should be grand, saw a few people using paper over there.
      That's the issue. No qr code. Just a paper vaccination certificate. At least if we can get in to the country, he can stay in the airbnb whilst we visit the place

Comment

As im a novice at having my own set of bins, am I right in thinking you don't put out bins if there's a storm coming overnight that might blow your bin into the next neighbourhood. As I write this, I feel I've worked out the correct answer.
        Since when were 30km/h winds considered a storm? That yellow warning ( don't eat the yellow snow )from met eireann was only valid up till closing time tonight.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Since when were 30km/h winds considered a storm? That yellow warning ( don't eat the yellow snow )from met eireann was only valid up till closing time tonight.
          Was pretty awful earlier, just assumed there would be more nastiness tonight!
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Well if you're putting them out, presumably they're full, so they shouldnt move due to weight. If you're unsure can you put them beside a wall or something.

I see all the bins here this morning were lying down after collection so wp our bin men. Unless you have novice bin men, they'll be grand.

Also, storm. Heh.

Comment

I did get laughed at by my American colleague (who is a part time fireman) when I explained I hadn't gone into the office today, essentially on account of some light winds and the chance of a shower.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                I don't quite understand how the company can't afford to pay statutory but can afford incentives ex gratia to stay.
                One of these things seems not like the other and I need convincing that it's not just a pile of smoke.
                Have requested Friday pow wow. Let's see what happens
                Bummer dude. Imagine if some critical IT stuff you control happened to go belly up, for some unknown reason, and they really needed you to give them a dig out to keep the show on the road. That could put you in a better spot maybe on the off chance it might happen.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

so, what's the plan for the 4th of March HH?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Let's just hope it's not set in stone.

Comment

Let's just hope it's not set in stone.
                      I want some kind of detailed itinerary.

Comment

Oh jaysus. I assumed you were making the plan and delegating communication duties to him

Comment

Was pretty awful earlier, just assumed there would be more nastiness tonight!
                          In general though, it's only the green/recycling bin that will blow over(because it's so lite) . I wouldn't worry about the other ones.

Comment

An ex-colleague of mine sent me a job description.

It requires:

What is the impact space? How will I know it when I get there? Does V live there?

So many questions...
                            Did they mean impact investing perhaps? As in ESG/RI stuff with knobs on.

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Not sure you can handle a proper hitch itinerary tbh

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                Just got a thing there about my deferred DB pension scheme, that they will be making more offers to people to move their pension with an Enhanced Transfer Value offer. V for Vendetta if you see this, is there any general formula or standard ETV that can be expected based on what the preserved benefit is? I might not get an offer, they made offers to some former colleagues a few years back but I didn't get one. I think they were doing the higher value ones then, might be moving onto the next batch of people soon, but I've no idea if I'll be in that group, but I'd like to know what to expect. Is enhanced typically something standard, like 10%/15% or whatever above the normal transfer value you'd get if doing it off your own bat?
                                ETV offers vary massively. In ireland they can be offered with no requirement to take advice or have it properly explained. Stuff that is standard in the UK or you’ll get the ass sued off you is 100% allowed in ireland. So as a result some ETV programs are a very bad joke.

Basically with a DB scheme your standard transfer value is prescribed via legislation (assuming a scheme can afford to pay the standard transfer value). The standard transfer value basis is optimistic for younger pension scheme members (6%pa returns and high interest rates assumed) which folk investing in a D.C. scheme will struggle to achieve between now and their NRA as in general folk invest more prudently with their D.C. assets as they get older.

The uplift or enhancement being offered will be bankrolled by the sponsoring employer in order to reduce the risk and potential future costs of honouring the pension costs of paying you a DB pension in retirement. Pension costs go up significantly from a funding perspective when active and deferred members become pensioners so the sponsor is heading off the challenge of pumping extra money into the scheme for folk who no longer work there. Also they generally extinguish a liability at less then the accounting balance sheet liability so they can pay out 10m and reduce pension liabilities (or increase the value of the business) by 20m.

A decent enhancement can be attractive if it’s reasonably generous and you don’t want a DB benefit in retirement but instead would prefer an ARF.

A reasonable uplift for someone aged 45 with an NRA of 65 would be 40-50% to give you a decent chance to invest the funds in a D.C. scheme and have a similar level of benefits at age 65. Some sponsors pay this much and others offer 10-15% because people only see the €€€ and don’t understand the economic value of their DB benefit.

Good luck getting a financial adviser to give you some decent advice on this as most haven’t a clue about all the things to consider and will just want to sell you a PRB/ARF to invest your formerly DB funds in where they can get their commission.

Kerry foods offered a 10/15% ETV irrespective of age which was a bad joke and run by an incentivised adviser. We’ve been involved in well run ETV programs where folk in their 30s got 100% uplifts and proper access to modelling tools to assist folk in making their decisions. Your mileage may vary.
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Good to see all the talk of uplifts and promotions. Mad to hear some of you are working 80/90 hour weeks though. Thats long term crazy imo. And fingers crossed DP you get a few quid and a new improved gig fairly soon. It’s got to be a good time to be looking and at least with KPMG in you’ll have a bit of certainty soon.

My own situation had been pretty good over the past two years and I’ll be made a partner in our UK business and a shareholder/partner in our Irish business over the next few months. So financially all good. However, I’ll have a 12 month notice period, and basically I’ve lashed the next 10+ years of my career to this business (that’s the only way to really make the partnership status pay off).

The business is going very well and I’ll make good money and have a decent “status” but it’s also left me with a weird hollow feeling. I need to reset my personal career goals and ambitions because I need something to chase or I get bored or self sabotage. I’m doing the Chartered Director program at the moment with the IMI and IOD and have to say I’m really enjoying it. Be interesting to see how things play out over the next few years…

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

ETV offers vary massively. In ireland they can be offered with no requirement to take advice or have it properly explained. Stuff that is standard in the UK or you’ll get the ass sued off you is 100% allowed in ireland. So as a result some ETV programs are a very bad joke.

Basically with a DB scheme your standard transfer value is prescribed via legislation (assuming a scheme can afford to pay the standard transfer value). The standard transfer value basis is optimistic for younger pension scheme members (6%pa returns and high interest rates assumed) which folk investing in a D.C. scheme will struggle to achieve between now and their NRA as in general folk invest more prudently with their D.C. assets as they get older.

The uplift or enhancement being offered will be bankrolled by the sponsoring employer in order to reduce the risk and potential future costs of honouring the pension costs of paying you a DB pension in retirement. Pension costs go up significantly from a funding perspective when active and deferred members become pensioners so the sponsor is heading off the challenge of pumping extra money into the scheme for folk who no longer work there. Also they generally extinguish a liability at less then the accounting balance sheet liability so they can pay out 10m and reduce pension liabilities (or increase the value of the business) by 20m.

A decent enhancement can be attractive if it’s reasonably generous and you don’t want a DB benefit in retirement but instead would prefer an ARF.

A reasonable uplift for someone aged 45 with an NRA of 65 would be 40-50% to give you a decent chance to invest the funds in a D.C. scheme and have a similar level of benefits at age 65. Some sponsors pay this much and others offer 10-15% because people only see the €€€ and don’t understand the economic value of their DB benefit.

Good luck getting a financial adviser to give you some decent advice on this as most haven’t a clue about all the things to consider and will just want to sell you a PRB/ARF to invest your formerly DB funds in where they can get their commission.

Kerry foods offered a 10/15% ETV irrespective of age which was a bad joke and run by an incentivised adviser. We’ve been involved in well run ETV programs where folk in their 30s got 100% uplifts and proper access to modelling tools to assist folk in making their decisions. Your mileage may vary.
                                    There is so much conflict of interest here, it should not even be called financial advisor - the status quo here protects interest in the system and the commission flows.

At this stage for pension lump sum contributions I deal directly but have to go through the hassle of assuring them I have no intermediary advisor. and knowning that I am paying the same fees and they allow for commission every time that in my recent cases is not sent anywhere, with no fee incentive for me to save them that. I guess if i was more important to them/or for v high net worth there is an arrangement but so far not.

I have an old DB pension and the transfer values offered to me (3 times now) have been laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by paul8200 View Post

There is so much conflict of interest here, it should not even be called financial advisor - the status quo here protects interest in the system and the commission flows.

At this stage for pension lump sum contributions I deal directly but have to go through the hassle of assuring them I have no intermediary advisor. and knowning that I am paying the same fees and they allow for commission every time that in my recent cases is not sent anywhere, with no fee incentive for me to save them that. I guess if i was more important to them/or for v high net worth there is an arrangement but so far not.

I have an old DB pension and the transfer values offered to me (3 times now) have been laughable.
                                      With the new raft of regulations it’s only going to get worse for middle income folk looking to do it themselves. Conflicts of interest are rife as you say.

Very little choice and loads of consolidation going on
                                      so less choice all the time. Regulators and legislators haven’t a fucking clue.

Comment

Thats a good question. We have a decent number at this stage. Probably 8-11 when the final numbers shake out. I wonder if some version of a private game is the ultimate win. Are there places that can be rented with a table and a bar service, or is that too far off the pale? Otherwise, we probably need a pre-place to gather the group together, then I don't know is there something like a Korean byob thats fairly cool and hip, then a poker lounge (Bonnington is a name?), then a place to make mistakes. I don't know if this could yet be described as a plan, more a framework.

Comment

Good to see all the talk of uplifts and promotions. Mad to hear some of you are working 80/90 hour weeks though. Thats long term crazy imo. And fingers crossed DP you get a few quid and a new improved gig fairly soon. It’s got to be a good time to be looking and at least with KPMG in you’ll have a bit of certainty soon.

My own situation had been pretty good over the past two years and I’ll be made a partner in our UK business and a shareholder/partner in our Irish business over the next few months. So financially all good. However, I’ll have a 12 month notice period, and basically I’ve lashed the next 10+ years of my career to this business (that’s the only way to really make the partnership status pay off).

The business is going very well and I’ll make good money and have a decent “status” but it’s also left me with a weird hollow feeling. I need to reset my personal career goals and ambitions because I need something to chase or I get bored or self sabotage. I’m doing the Chartered Director program at the moment with the IMI and IOD and have to say I’m really enjoying it. Be interesting to see how things play out over the next few years…
                                          The sense of emptiness after achieving something you thought was a goal, is absolutely something I'm on board with as a lived experience. I suspect the only real solution is to find something outside work that gives you meaning - not family standard stuff, but something like managing your local GAA club. Personally I've gone with the 'go deep' approach of moving further into my own work space and seeing what the higher-level potential is. Not particularly for the money benefit, just the potentially interesting journey. Not convinced its as good an idea as managing the local social centre as a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                            DP how is the kid ?
                                            Swollen lip and gums but otherwise in great form.
                                            ​​​​
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Strewel will you be apologising to Ming for your remarks at the time?

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Thats a good question. We have a decent number at this stage. Probably 8-11 when the final numbers shake out. I wonder if some version of a private game is the ultimate win. Are there places that can be rented with a table and a bar service, or is that too far off the pale? Otherwise, we probably need a pre-place to gather the group together, then I don't know is there something like a Korean byob thats fairly cool and hip, then a poker lounge (Bonnington is a name?), then a place to make mistakes. I don't know if this could yet be described as a plan, more a framework.
                                                Feels more like an ethos,or a philosophy.

Dammit man, I want milestones, tollgates, success criteria, escalation frameworks and reporting patterns! I get very nervous without them.

Comment

Penalty kick hole in one with worldle today.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Not sure you can handle a proper hitch itinerary tbh
                                                    Not even Hitch can handle a Hitch itinerary

Comment

I’m doing the Chartered Director program at the moment with the IMI and IOD and have to say I’m really enjoying it. Be interesting to see how things play out over the next few years…
                                                      I'm currently a company director, but want to brush up on my responsibilities, best practices, etc... Did you do any other courses or workshops before entering the Chartered Director program? That seems pretty full on, no doubt it would like to some interesting opportunities down the line.

Comment

Swollen lip and gums but otherwise in great form.
                                                        ​​​​
                                                        Came in this morning holding a tooth so normal service has been resumed
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Have to be in the airport in 1.5,.hours. Shame was going well lol
                                                          Vegas it's been a blast
                                                          Edit to say cashed out a total of 1100 profit after originally spinning up 100 on blackjack!
                                                          IMG_20220217_012529.jpg
                                                          Last edited by SatNav; 17-02-22, 10:44.
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

I'm currently a company director, but want to brush up on my responsibilities, best practices, etc... Did you do any other courses or workshops before entering the Chartered Director program? That seems pretty full on, no doubt it would like to some interesting opportunities down the line.
                                                            No I dived straight in. The program has a cert and then a diploma and then you apply for chartered status after being a director for 3 years. So in a way it’s a journey of qualifications anyway.

Each cohort has just 20 folk in it. Generally split into 3 types. Up and comers looking to learn. Entrepreneurs looking for a formal qualification and very experienced folk on the career wind down looking for a few paid INED gigs.

You learn as much from the other participants as you do from the tutors. Although having said that the tutors so far have been really excellent.

if you can get work to support you with it Paul I’d definitely recommend that you go for it at some stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              Looks like we'll have the opportunity of a two night break somewhere.

Top of the wishlist is a top class spa/pool.

The best I've been to is Seafield but we'd like to try somewhere new.

Any pointers?

Monart?

One of the best things about Seafield is the colour of the pool tiles, black/gold. Would like something similar. Have a weird dislike for the standard blue and white colour schemes of hotel pools.
                                                              Myself & the wife went to The Ice House in Ballina for a couple days after the wedding and the place was lovely and the spa facilities were excellent. Outdoor soak in the tub overlooking the river Moy was fantastic.
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Would love to have an IPB catch up but unfortunately I won't be able to make it, I'm at a 2 day wedding and then on the 5th I fly to Prague for the first EPT in over 2 years. But will be down for more IPB night outs down the line.

Received a contract from PokerStars yesterday with a bunch of events locked in for the year plus some smaller stops and also the WSOP this year. If everything falls the way I hope it will certainly be a busy year which I'm really looking forward to.

I'm looking to upgrade some of my equipment this year new laptop and new cameras anybody here have any contacts/in's for anything like that?

Comment

If anyone has a currency sub (they are losing money hand over fist with a)their model and b) their form not working), could they do the needful for me please?

At a virtual town hall meeting in early January, staff at XS Direct were briefed that the motor insurance agent and brokerage was winding down its operations over a 12-month period. It was sad news, but not unexpected – its business had fallen in recent years, while 20 per cent of their colleagues departed following... View Article

Comment

Will we be masking up when it becomes optional? I won't be unless I'm symptomatic or on public transport. Probably will be avoiding contact altogether if symptomatic.
                                                                    I expect most on public transport will still be wearing.

Comment

Aww, PJ O'Rourke is dead.

I don't care what his political views were (and I think most of the time he was just taking the piss), anyone who can write something as seminal as How to Drive Fast on Drugs While Getting Your Wing-Wang Squeezed and Not Spill Your Drink deserves a moments silence.

For the maniacal high-speed driver, endurance is everything. Especially if you’ve used that ever-popular pickup line “Wanna go to Mexico?” Especially if you’ve used it somewhere like Boston

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                        Will we be masking up when it becomes optional? I won't be unless I'm symptomatic or on public transport. Probably will be avoiding contact altogether if symptomatic.
                                                                        I'll be maskless (not to be a bollix, but because it makes sense) - unless I get the sense it'll make people uncomfortable

Comment

Maskless. Was happy to be maskless when in the UK last October so think it's way beyond time over here. I think college will still try and enforce it as their own rule because they like to be seen to do things for the sake of it but will go maskless soon as it's made optimal again by govt.

Comment

No I dived straight in. The program has a cert and then a diploma and then you apply for chartered status after being a director for 3 years. So in a way it’s a journey of qualifications anyway.

Each cohort has just 20 folk in it. Generally split into 3 types. Up and comers looking to learn. Entrepreneurs looking for a formal qualification and very experienced folk on the career wind down looking for a few paid INED gigs.

You learn as much from the other participants as you do from the tutors. Although having said that the tutors so far have been really excellent.

if you can get work to support you with it Paul I’d definitely recommend that you go for it at some stage.
                                                                            Ah, maybe I will go for the full qualification so - I do think I can swing work supporting it! I'd love a decade of multiple INED roles sometime in the future

Re masks, I will definitely be wearing one on public transport for the foreseeable. Probably would wear one in places where I felt I could annoy the anti-mask types Would surely wear a mask playing live poker, unless it was forbidden (which I can't see being possible at this point).

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Ah, maybe I will go for the full qualification so - I do think I can swing work supporting it! I'd love a decade of multiple INED roles sometime in the future
                                                                              I got work to pay the full ~14k and then I made a few k contribution towards it from my bonus. That way I got full tax relief on my piece and it also showed commitment on my part. The ongoing annual membership costs etc will be paid by my employer as they benefit from that.

Comment

Great, thanks V for Vendetta !

If I do get offered the ETV, it comes with the offer of an allegedly independent advisor available free of charge. I can't remember the offer made to people a few years back, although I think I worked out that what I'd be offered on a similar basis was around 100k ETV based on a deferred DB pension (at time of employment ceasing in 2011) of 7500 with a lump sum of 15500, although it was a few years back so I can't be sure that's accurate. I have no current basis for saying whether that's good or not though.

I have 2 other pension pots, so if it did get offered and I did take it, I'd presumably just transfer it into my current active pot.

It is the UB pension btw, hence why they are making more moves to reduce the people who will need pensions in future.

Comment

Penalty kick hole in one with worldle today.
                                                                                  I had letters 1, 2, 3 & 5 correct in the first guess. Got it in guess #4.

Comment

The sense of emptiness after achieving something you thought was a goal, is absolutely something I'm on board with as a lived experience. I suspect the only real solution is to find something outside work that gives you meaning - not family standard stuff, but something like managing your local GAA club. Personally I've gone with the 'go deep' approach of moving further into my own work space and seeing what the higher-level potential is. Not particularly for the money benefit, just the potentially interesting journey. Not convinced its as good an idea as managing the local social centre as a hobby.
                                                                                    Yeah I was really in a confused state a few months ago. It's not like this was my sole life goal but it's a weird feeling to suddenly sort of have the next decade of my career and finances mapped out after hustling and rising up the ranks....like in a way I know now I can retire at whatever stage in my 50s in a relatively comfortable state.

I actually got two sort of half tap-ups over the past few months and I was batting them off which was very unlike me but the logical thing to do. I'm beginning to make plans more broadly to kick on now and to develop wider business/career ambitions and goals but it's been an eye opener and a time to take a bit of stock.

As for the local GAA coaching I was doing a bit last year but little Miss V has no real interest. She's much happier doing dancing and gymnastics so I'll have to park it until my little man fills out a bit more. He's growing at a rate of knots so we'll see what happens there...

Comment

I could definitely see V as a dance coach

Comment

Definitely maskless. Its over, its done. It helps people if we all accept this, rather than keep up the doubts and risk perception.

Comment

You very often see people that care a lot about work become quite miserable when there is nothing left to do and even moreso when they retire. Reddit is full of rich sad people talking about it, my godfather killed himself shortly after retiring etc. They then get told to do what they should have all along, find something that they find meaningful, and that was never their actual job. It of course affords them the money to do it without feeling unsafe but at the same time all they've ever thought about was their career and they don't have a clue what to do.
                                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 17-02-22, 12:55.

Comment

If anyone has a currency sub (they are losing money hand over fist with a)their model and b) their form not working), could they do the needful for me please?

At a virtual town hall meeting in early January, staff at XS Direct were briefed that the motor insurance agent and brokerage was winding down its operations over a 12-month period. It was sad news, but not unexpected – its business had fallen in recent years, while 20 per cent of their colleagues departed following... View Article

Here you go.

SPOILER
                                                                                            XS Direct announced in January it was winding down its business. Now Beach Point Capital has installed a receiver

The specialist Irish insurance company said it asked its lender to appoint a receiver to ensure customers were looked after as it winds down its operations over the next 12 months.

At a virtual town hall meeting in early January, staff at XS Direct were briefed that the motor insurance agent and brokerage was winding down its operations over a 12-month period. It was sad news, but not unexpected – its business had fallen in recent years, while 20 per cent of their colleagues departed following a voluntary redundancy.

Having seen its customer base shrink after hiking prices, it was faced with a major decision: Inject more capital or take the decision to stop taking new policies and write down its existing ones in an orderly manner.

Now, however, there has been a new development. Beach Point Capital (BPC), its main debt provider, has appointed a receiver over the business. Following an invitation from the insurer, Shane McCarthy and Cormac O’Connor of KPMG have been installed as joint receivers over the business.

In a statement, the company said the move was designed to facilitate XS Direct continuing to act in the best interest of its customers and the “continued servicing of the underwriters’ existing business during the run-off period”.

The company said:

“Motor insurance agent and brokerage, XS Direct Insurance Brokers Limited (“XS Direct”), announced in January that it had ceased writing new business and has been working with its underwriters to service its customers in this orderly run-off period.

“XS Direct is currently being supported by its debt provider, Beach Point, and underwriters, Arch Insurance (EU) DAC, Alwyn Insurance Company Limited, Watford Insurance Company Europe Limited and Calpe Insurance Company Limited, to ensure that all its clients are serviced appropriately.”

Beach Point took over XS Direct’s debt when it acquired the Irish loan book of its British rival BMS Finance in 2018. Charges registered by the insurance group show that it has refinanced twice with BPC in the past year and a half, most recently through a fresh loan agreement on June 30, 2021.

In late 2020, the XS Direct group reported securing a €5 million loan from BPC “to finance the group reorganisation and the investment in associate, Eridge”, which doubled the amount of the guarantee provided to the lender. Liability for the debt contracted by XS Direct Group Investments cascades down, with XS Direct Holdings next in line in case of a default, while its main trading subsidiary, XS Direct Insurance Brokers, “as additional guarantor, will be liable for any remaining repayments if XS Direct Holdings Ltd is unable to meet its obligations”.

Founded in 2004 by Chris McCann, a scion of the Fyffes business dynasty, XS Direct specialises in selling motor insurance in the Irish and British markets. The company is chaired by Ian Duffy, the former managing partner of Farrell Grant Sparks and now the head of fintech company Accelerated Payments.

In 2020, it wrote total premiums of €117.7 million, down from €119.6 million for the previous 12 months. The company blamed the fall on reduced demand for its policies as a result of increasing premiums. In addition, it said that demand for motor insurance in Ireland and the UK was reduced as a result of Covid-19.

The fall in revenue pushed the company from a €2.4 million profit in 2019 to a €3.7 million pre-tax loss in 2020, leaving it with shareholders’ funds of just €270,000.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Maskless. Was happy to be maskless when in the UK last October so think it's way beyond time over here. I think college will still try and enforce it as their own rule because they like to be seen to do things for the sake of it but will go maskless soon as it's made optimal again by govt.
                                                                                              From reading between the lines here, and indeed the actual lines as they are written, masks will be immediately gone in unis as soon as the general mask requirement is lifted. Unis, by themselves, can't impose a mask mandate, its at Simon's level that that decision is made.

Minister for Further and Higher Education Simon Harris said any decision on face mask wearing in third level institutions will depend on advice from NPHET

He said restrictions should only remain in place when there is a public health requirement and "not a moment longer".

Comment

I meant Worldle.

Today is piss easy obv but some good ones since I started playing.

Comment

From reading between the lines here, and indeed the actual lines as they are written, masks will be immediately gone in unis as soon as the general mask requirement is lifted. Unis, by themselves, can't impose a mask mandate, its at Simon's level that that decision is made.
                                                                                                  Hopefully they follow that advice because I've gone to outdoor events recently where we were told mask wearing was compulsory even though it's not a current guideline for mask .wearing outdoors as far as I'm aware?

It'll be interesting to see what way different places enforce their own rules. For instance when pubs and that returned to capacity and more normal hours, a fair few pubs announced they would be keeping certain restrictions in place themselves which is fine and completely their right but I can just avoid those pubs if I want. It's harder to avoid college if they decide to make up their own rules.

Comment

I'm hoping they go the Danish route and everyone agrees that masks are el gonzo. Some kind of halfway nonsense will just be more annoying than full-on masking.

Comment

Busted out for the first time. I had the same as you by guess 3. Had 4x possible words and of course went with the three wrong ones.

Was gonna sacrifice #4 for a clue but decided to gamble. It would gave given it to me had I.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I'm hoping they go the Danish route and everyone agrees that masks are el gonzo. Some kind of halfway nonsense will just be more annoying than full-on masking.
                                                                                                        Yeah

Comment

Does anybody have access to theory test material they could send my way?

Comment

I meant Worldle.

Today is piss easy obv but some good ones since I started playing.
                                                                                                            Ah ya, that was obviously a gimme for anyone even somewhat familiar with a map of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                              Strewel will you be apologising to Ming for your remarks at the time?

Tbf we all would have lost money there

Comment

absolutely. 1/50 odds on, he seemed. Classic dirty trick, in fairness, as it was so convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                  Does anybody have access to theory test material they could send my way?
                                                                                                                  The official app makes it as easy as can be. Well worth the few euros. The 16 year old daughter left it till two days before the test to start preparing. Used the app exclusively and passed. The questions in the app are word for word with the ones you will get but you will only get asked a small subset, 40 I think, of hundreds of questions.

The daughter just kept doing sample tests over and over. She looked at details of all questions she got wrong which the app supports.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Tbf we all would have lost money there
                                                                                                                    Nothing in that Tweet confirms his account was really hacked TBF.

Comment

Hup.

Comment

So we're done. I did just go into the living room and throw a mask in the fire.

The faces on the kids were quite the sight.

Comment

So we're done. I did just go into the living room and throw a mask in the fire.

The faces on the kids were quite the sight.
                                                                                                                          Primarily because they were so obsessed with their phones, they hadn't realised the living room was on fire.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X