This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Looks like we'll have the opportunity of a two night break somewhere.

Top of the wishlist is a top class spa/pool.

The best I've been to is Seafield but we'd like to try somewhere new.

Any pointers?

Monart?

One of the best things about Seafield is the colour of the pool tiles, black/gold. Would like something similar. Have a weird dislike for the standard blue and white colour schemes of hotel pools.
    Don't think it's in the same league as the ones mentioned above but just had a lovely weekend at Brooklodge/mcreddin village. Pool colour scheme will make you sad though

Comment

If you haven't been to the Cliff House in Youghall it's one of the better ones.
      Excuse me Sir I think you mean Ardmore, Waterford.
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Think I remember Lao Lao talking good things about a place recently.
        Speaking of our resident freight forwarding expert, I read today that exports from the Republic to the North grew to €3.7 billion in 2021 – a 54 per cent rise on the year before. Dramatic increase methinks.

Is this down to there being duty exploits available because of all the wooliness around the boarder or is it just down to Brexit itself?
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Excuse me Sir I think you mean Ardmore, Waterford.
          Massive apologies. I stopped in Y'all on the way there.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Watching PSG - Real but had a look at the Man U - Brighton half time stats.

Man U at home - 3 shots, 1 on target and 40% possession.
            Brighton - 8 shots, 3 on target and 60% possession.

WTAF!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
              Watching PSG - Real but had a look at the Man U - Brighton half time stats.

Man U at home - 3 shots, 1 on target and 40% possession.
              Brighton - 8 shots, 3 on target and 60% possession.

WTAF!
              When you have a decorative ornament playing upfront, that's what you get.

Still I'm sure he sells shirts which is all the owners give a bollix about.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ooooft. Keeper saves a Messi penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

BBV power test complete.

Comment

BBV power test complete.
                    Was thinking it was inevitable alright.

Comment

Looks like we'll have the opportunity of a two night break somewhere.

Top of the wishlist is a top class spa/pool.

The best I've been to is Seafield but we'd like to try somewhere new.

Any pointers?

Monart?

One of the best things about Seafield is the colour of the pool tiles, black/gold. Would like something similar. Have a weird dislike for the standard blue and white colour schemes of hotel pools.
                      The Europe in Killarney fits the bill.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Not bad for an ornament all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                          The brudder took this snap on Kilimanjaro today. Great picture .
                          Fecking homeless people in tents, it isn't enough they ruined Henry Street during the lockdown, now they're ruining Kilimanjaro.

Comment

I think that thing with Wordle today was possibly a glitch.

SPOILER
                            The word I got earlier, on the original site was AGORA, an old Greek word denoting a meeting place or town square. Had never heard of it, had all letters except the G in place and tried a couple of nonsense words before getting it in 5.

Refreshed the page and did it again on the NYT site, tried AGORA to see, and it wouldn't accept it as a word, got AROMA in 4. Weird thing is though I was showing my wife a screenshot of the earlier one and noticed I'd gone with AROMA on my 4th on that too, had forgotten.

Seems a bit like some sort of glitch.

​​​

Comment

dont worry Hitch will be doing up the document request
                              Ha! Thankfully, that is one thing I never have to ask for. Remembered what the 5th March was. Herself is helping out her mate at her exhibition so I am 100% free.

Think I remember Lao Lao talking good things about a place recently.
                              We went to Monart back in October and I liked it. It wasn't that busy but maybe that was because there was still an element of restrictions around at the time. I was only in Seafield once, for a wedding, and I didn't like it. I didn't get a chance to go the spa facilities but I just felt like the whole place was a relic of the Celtic Tiger era, that plus the food and service at the wedding was horrendous.

Comment

Speaking of our resident freight forwarding expert, I read today that exports from the Republic to the North grew to €3.7 billion in 2021 – a 54 per cent rise on the year before. Dramatic increase methinks.

Is this down to there being duty exploits available because of all the wooliness around the boarder or is it just down to Brexit itself?
                                Wouldn't be my area of expertise but from what I can gather, there is a lot more people, both north and south, trying to source stuff in Ireland where they can which is really boosting trade in both directions..

Thanks for that, I needed him to get a goal tonight to get him back in the groove.

Comment

Not saying this for me, but they are probably going to need to move on this as we are losing essentially all administrators at the moment as we can't compete with private sector pay. Ye guys have finally won. My private sector bro even joined the 100k club today with a whopping 40% pay increase. Dublin wages are mad.

THE Government faces demands for bigger pay rises for the country’s 340,000 public servants at talks on a new wage deal this May.

In a speech today, Fórsa leader Kevin Callinan highlighted that ministers have been encouraging employers to boost wages to keep pace with inflation.

He said the “size and timing” of any agreed pay adjustments “will need to reflect the realities of the cost-of-living crisis, which is hurting workers regardless of what sector they work in”.
                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Keep the poor Seafield reviews coming pls. I dont like the look of it anyway and this is all ammo to convince herself she doesn't want to waste her time there

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                      Keep the poor Seafield reviews coming pls. I dont like the look of it anyway and this is all ammo to convince herself she doesn't want to waste her time there
                                      The pool/spa is spectacular, I was lucky in that it was pretty much empty when I was there. If it didn't have that it would be just alright, forgettable. So it depends what you're after.

Comment

The pool/spa is spectacular, I was lucky in that it was pretty much empty when I was there. If it didn't have that it would be just alright, forgettable. So it depends what you're after.
                                        Might not bother to show her this one m8

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                          Thanks for that, I needed him to get a goal tonight to get him back in the groove.
                                          Was thinking the poor fella needed a break from standing still and looking sulky.

Comment

Eagle in Worldle today. Correctly identified the stretch of land and then it could only be one of two.

Comment

Eagle in Worldle today. Correctly identified the stretch of land and then it could only be one of two.
                                              I'm terrible at it. I was about 500km away from it on guess 3 yesterday and busted out. Was never guessing Guyana.

Comment

Birdie for me

Comment

I'm terrible at it. I was about 300km away from it on guess 3 yesterday and busted out. Was never guessing Guyana.
                                                  I managed to guess French Guiana and still lost
                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

likewise!

Comment

Ronnie was ahead of his time.

Its a funny old Wordle.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I only knew it because Guyana is part of the West Indies for cricketing purposes

Comment

Cheltenham 2022 Tipping Comp now open for entries. Note the ADDED JUICE.

Hopefully Elbows won't be a bollix this year.

Standard discount applies for early entrants so book early to avail of this once-off offer.

Comment

Went to the GP today for a check up, and the results of the blood tests I had done last week. First time ever that he was really happy with them, and his advice was to 'keep doing whatever you are doing'.
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                              Went to the GP today for a check up, and the results of the blood tests I had done last week. First time ever that he was really happy with them, and his advice was to 'keep doing whatever you are doing'.
                                                              Should we all be 5 a day mastubaters now Father ?

Comment

Should we all be 5 a day mastubaters now Father ?
                                                                It's possible that cutting down to once a day has improved some of my some of my vitamin levels
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Cheltenham 2022 Tipping Comp now open for entries. Note the ADDED JUICE.

Hopefully Elbows won't be a bollix this year.

Standard discount applies for early entrants so book early to avail of this once-off offer.
                                                                  Currently studying juvenile hurdle form for
                                                                  the next Jeff Kidder. I’ll let you know if I find it
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I'm working the following morning so wont be a mad one by any means for myself. You can go and not get wrecked like lol
                                                                    Whats the point in that?
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Things come in 3 - do euromilly for later
                                                                      Fuses blew in house last night, somehow fucked up network connection on just about every device in the house.
                                                                      Only got everything back an hour or so ago.

Hopefully that's the three done.
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Whats the point in that?
                                                                        Night out with the lads and being a little tired the next day. Or you could just stay at home like a big Mary.

Comment

Night out with the lads and being a little tired the next day. Or you could just stay at home like a big Mary.
                                                                          Tell me you haven't hit your forties yet without telling me you haven't hit your forties yet.

Comment

Tell me you haven't hit your forties yet without telling me you haven't hit your forties yet.
                                                                            In fairness, I said he could go out and not get wrecked but he seems to think its pointless to go out and not get wrecked. The problem here isnt age related

Comment

In fairness, I said he could go out and not get wrecked but he seems to think its pointless to go out and not get wrecked. The problem here isnt age related
                                                                              Ha, true. You'd think it's wiser you get, but no.

Comment

They are not mutually exclusive when you hit your 50s anyway.

Comment

Absolutely wild on Tibradden earlier..50km p/h wind with lashing rain..just did a 2 hour hike... rain was stinging the face offf me on the way back ..had the head down with the hood pulled low to keep it out. Waterproof jacket did just that..great piece of kit. New trail shoes are the business with decent traction. Need proper waterproof trousers...the golf ones I have were just utterly soaked.

Unsurprisingly had the mountain to myself bar a couple I met on their way down as I was starting out.

Comment

They are not mutually exclusive when you hit your 50s anyway.
                                                                                    If you come we can get preferential treatment and say we are your care team

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                      Absolutely wild on Tibradden earlier..50km p/h wind with lashing rain..just did a 2 hour hike... rain was stinging the face offf me on the way back ..had the head down with the hood pulled low to keep it out. Waterproof jacket did just that..great piece of kit. New trail shoes are the business with decent traction. Need proper waterproof trousers...the golf ones I have were just utterly soaked.

Unsurprisingly had the mountain to myself bar a couple I met on their way down as I was starting out.
                                                                                      Class. Perfect day for it. Its days like today I miss living in Killarney and getting up Torc. The peace of it all and it was always very refreshing in that weather.

Comment

If you come we can get preferential treatment and say we are your care team
                                                                                        You mean my DON'T CARE team.

I can run with the best its the next day i need some coke .

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Sounds great . You can do the whole mountain survival course thing for 30 quid but id say you are experienced.

We went up Lug last year and suddenly the clouds came down at the top . Zero visibility. . The brother took out the compass. This way...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Might be worth asking about the breakage fee on the fixed if you're going to make that big a saving on interest rate - it might be worth it.
                                                                                            No fee as there's only a few months remaining. Now I just have to get the finger out before the ECB or banks decide to jack up the rates!

Comment

Offer 1:

End date 10/06/2022
                                                                                              Statutory + 2 months ex gratia
                                                                                              if end date moves .5 month ex gratia per month extra
                                                                                              I must have cursed a god or something.
                                                                                              Just off a company zoom.
                                                                                              Receivers in

Comment

[QUOTE=Solksjaer!;n1713327]

Sounds great . You can do the whole mountain survival course thing for 30 quid but id say you are experienced.

We went up Lug last year and suddenly the clouds came down at the top . Zero visibility. . The brother took out the compass. This way...

id be lost in that situation I'd say Solks I just stick to the trails mostly and take the odd foray through woods and gorse.

Havent done any courses yet in fairness. Going to do a mountain skills course when I can match days off with the lad who does the course. It's the mountain skills 1 course €140 for 2 days and 6 people. Seemed a reasonable price.

Today was a bit harsh weather wise as no break in it at all but still feel fantastic after it. Really is great excercise body and mind.

.

Comment

I see I managed to outpredict the president of the united states on russia's likelihood of invasion

Comment

I must have cursed a god or something.
                                                                                                    Just off a company zoom.
                                                                                                    Receivers in
                                                                                                    yikes. what does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

DP needs a new job

Comment

Hitch et al., off to Rome tomorrow with the kids. we all have our covid pass apps except the youngest, who although vaccinated twice, hasn't got the app as it's just been made available for under 16s, and his identity has still not been confirmed, which means he can't use it yet. Just wondering how strict they were in Italy, and if the vaccination card he was given might suffice? i know in France it would be a categorical no, but italy seems to allow paper documents. what was your experience out there like?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

KPMG now running the show.

Chunk of people put the door immediate effect. Company not paying redundancy need to apply from govt fund, no holidays or month to date salary.
                                                                                                          So long, thanks for the cheese.

People the company needs in order to perform an orderly run off of the business (like me) won't get statutory from company, they'll need to go to govt as above. They will however be incentivized to stay with previously promised amounts. Holidays etc will be honoured. Riches will rain down on the true believers.

Or you could get what's in the mystery box
                                                                                                          ​​​​​​
                                                                                                          ​​​
                                                                                                          ​​

DP needs a new job
                                                                                                          Mostly this.

Comment

KPMG now running the show.

Chunk of people put the door immediate effect. Company not paying redundancy need to apply from govt fund, no holidays or month to date salary.
                                                                                                            So long, thanks for the cheese.

People the company needs in order to perform an orderly run off of the business (like me) won't get statutory from company, they'll need to go to govt as above. They will however be incentivized to stay with previously promised amounts. Holidays etc will be honoured. Riches will rain down on the true believers.

Or you could get what's in the mystery box
                                                                                                            ​​​​​​
                                                                                                            ​​​Mostly this.
                                                                                                            At least you'll be negotiating with professionals now so if you truly have the keys to the corporate secrets of Fatima, then they will come to terms.

Have that conversation as soon as possible, demand shit loads (like something totally unreasonable) as your opening position.

Comment

I don't quite understand how the company can't afford to pay statutory but can afford incentives ex gratia to stay.
                                                                                                              One of these things seems not like the other and I need convincing that it's not just a pile of smoke.
                                                                                                              Have requested Friday pow wow. Let's see what happens

Comment

I forgot TV3 existed until I tried to turn on the CL tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                  I forgot TV3 existed until I tried to turn on the CL tonight.
                                                                                                                  I still get lost trying to find it on the odd time I use the Irish channels and it's been a while since they changed to virgin media.

Comment

I don't quite understand how the company can't afford to pay statutory but can afford incentives ex gratia to stay.
                                                                                                                    One of these things seems not like the other and I need convincing that it's not just a pile of smoke.
                                                                                                                    Have requested Friday pow wow. Let's see what happens
                                                                                                                    I guess it counts as different pots of money. Statutory is avoidable, while incentives come out of the 'keeping the company alive' pot. All a bit slimy obviously, but ...

Jaysus, this is some stress. Keep well DP.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                      Hitch et al., off to Rome tomorrow with the kids. we all have our covid pass apps except the youngest, who although vaccinated twice, hasn't got the app as it's just been made available for under 16s, and his identity has still not been confirmed, which means he can't use it yet. Just wondering how strict they were in Italy, and if the vaccination card he was given might suffice? i know in France it would be a categorical no, but italy seems to allow paper documents. what was your experience out there like?
                                                                                                                      If you have the QR code, but just no access to the UK app, could you not just pop his cert on the Irish or French covid app - you don't have to be a citizen to use those national apps. They all read QR codes the same way, and I've used mine on the French, Irish, Italian apps. But maybe the issue is that you don't have the QR code? Thats a bit of a massive oversight by the Brits tbh, given 12+ need these. tbh the certs was checked absolutely everywhere, unfortunately. Except in the airport, where you would expect it to be checked most. Paper should be grand, saw a few people using paper over there.

Comment

As im a novice at having my own set of bins, am I right in thinking you don't put out bins if there's a storm coming overnight that might blow your bin into the next neighbourhood. As I write this, I feel I've worked out the correct answer.

Comment

DP how is the kid ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X