This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The world needs more electric fiddle !

Steve Wickham left The Waterboys officially recently to furrow his own track, a living legend. Im sure our Sligo pals know of his side gigs.

This too shall pass.

Comment

I was speaking to pre-eminent soviet analyst, Raoul, and we're thinking that a poker-based outing on Friday March 4th would be a class idea. How does that strike everyone?

There might be an eating and drinking option before the poker, and, although I didn't confirm this with Raoul specifically, a stripclub option afterwards.

I was nearly tempted to post a doodle poll to accompany this, such is the imprint of work. I'll also do up permission slips for anyone who, like me, needs multiple certifications to leave the house.

​​​​​
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

IN
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Back to the office today, exciting times.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Back to the office today, exciting times.
            You will enjoy it more than you think I bet

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I was sat in a boardroom yesterday for a four hour live meeting. Loved every minute of it!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I was going in all the way through. Office fan me.

Comment

In, assuming I survive Limerick poker trip the weekend before

Comment

28/02/20 was the last time I was in an office, and there is no prospect of this changing in the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Any extra background info on this hockey player who is going to be featured on Prime Time at 9.30 tonight?
                      Running a fake re-mortgaging scam which has netted at least €500K, and probably more.
                      How this businesswoman conned distraught homeowners (rte.ie)

edit : On further digging seems to be DJ Careys sister.
                      Pity the people swindled above didn't do the simple step of googling the person they were handing €25K to.
                      DJ Carey¿s ¿1m 'fraud' claim: Hurling legend calls gardai on his own sister over 'missing cash' | Daily Mail Online
                      Wife's cousin was on it. We found out about the backstory Sunday just gone.
                      I sagely kept my mouth shut for the entire thing.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Wife's cousin was on it. We found out about the backstory Sunday just gone.
                        I sagely kept my mouth shut for the entire thing.
                        Don't want to be accused of victim blaming but Holy God it's not like your one was some criminal mastermind. No wonder so much is invested in scam emails and call centers.
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

While we are on the subject here is a simple thing everyone should do.

Log on here, spend a fiver and download the folio for the property you think you own.
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Fuckers who say 'Happy Friday!'
                            Can beat that… so one sent me an email saying “Happy Fri-YAY”. Instant delete

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              While we are on the subject here is a simple thing everyone should do.

Log on here, spend a fiver and download the folio for the property you think you own.
                              https://www.landdirect.ie/
                              You can view it for free, why pay a fiver?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Can beat that… so one sent me an email saying “Happy Fri-YAY”. Instant delete
                                Would that change if she was hawt ?

Gen Z and Millennials have to be given the free pass but anyone over a certain age needs to wobble the noggin .

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

The fiver sends you s PDF of the registered owner, I know of a few people when they went to sell found out their house was still in the builders name, common enough.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

The fiver sends you s PDF of the registered owner, I know of a few people when they went to sell found out their house was still in the builders name, common enough.
                                    And on that note, when looking at my property it looks fine in terms of what I'd expect to be on there (name excepted as you point out) but some neighbouring properties have common areas lumped in, or don't own parking spaces they are meant to, etc. Might be no harm paying the fiver to be sure.

When my father died a few years ago my brother had to go to awful lengths to sort out the land that was transferred then into my mothers name. Fields that we own not in the right name, ones we didn't showing up too, it was a bit of a mess until he sorted it out.

Edit: Just paid to check the names were right and they are thankfully.
                                    Last edited by 6starpool; 15-02-22, 11:43.

Comment

Father in law booked into respite from next week so we can get a nights sleep
                                      Little family break booked for next week.

Wife now has Covid.

FML
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I think you have the pay for the folio from the land registry. What’s the free way?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Similar thing happened me when buying this house.
                                          owners had two homes next door to each other and folio was in other home purchasers name

Comment

Just got a thing there about my deferred DB pension scheme, that they will be making more offers to people to move their pension with an Enhanced Transfer Value offer. V for Vendetta if you see this, is there any general formula or standard ETV that can be expected based on what the preserved benefit is? I might not get an offer, they made offers to some former colleagues a few years back but I didn't get one. I think they were doing the higher value ones then, might be moving onto the next batch of people soon, but I've no idea if I'll be in that group, but I'd like to know what to expect. Is enhanced typically something standard, like 10%/15% or whatever above the normal transfer value you'd get if doing it off your own bat?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I think you have the pay for the folio from the land registry. What’s the free way?
                                              The free bit shows you what land/folios are grouped together on the map, doesn't show the owners name.

Comment

GFY Wordle and Worldle today.

Bogey in Wordle, back to - 1. Tough one.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Nothing to add although I seem to recall that DJ has a cough, cough interesting financial history himself so I reckon it runs in the family..

Yep, I only heard one story but it was pretty bad. He got bailed out by a very well known Irish businessman in that story and I find it hard to believe that it was the only time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    I was speaking to pre-eminent soviet analyst, Raoul, and we're thinking that a poker-based outing on Friday March 4th would be a class idea. How does that strike everyone?

There might be an eating and drinking option before the poker, and, although I didn't confirm this with Raoul specifically, a stripclub option afterwards.

I was nearly tempted to post a doodle poll to accompany this, such is the imprint of work. I'll also do up permission slips for anyone who, like me, needs multiple certifications to leave the house.

​​​​​
                                                    Provisionally in - I have a nagging feeling that I have something on that night but there is nothing in my calendar so need to double check.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Provisionally in - I have a nagging feeling that I have something on that night but there is nothing in my calendar so need to double check.
                                                      dont worry Hitch will be doing up the document request

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

dont worry Hitch will be doing up the document request
                                                        Sounds like Lao acquired about 1 billion brownie points lately tbf.

Comment

Mrs D3 did challenge me on this at the weekend.

"you're always out"

"Isn't it great?"

Seemed to leave her speechless but no doubt she is plotting revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Scraped a par, L4S prob got a hole in one

Comment

Sounds like Lao acquired about 1 billion brownie points lately tbf.
                                                              No such thing exists . Wipe your dick on the curtains once and its all forgotten about

Comment

Been playing Vertex on that NYT Wordle link. Very relaxing

Today i made a strawberry .

Comment

Oof I'm not free that night, massive FOMO
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Scamming the scammers .

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Scraped a par, L4S prob got a hole in one
                                                                      Twice as likely today.
                                                                      There's two different answers today depending on whether you play
                                                                      on the original site or transferred to the NYT.

wordSle ftw.

Comment

Father in law booked into respite from next week so we can get a nights sleep
                                                                        Little family break booked for next week.

Wife now has Covid.

FML
                                                                        what a day.
                                                                        Me dad was passing by the school and offered to pick up daughter. Sure says I, so he collcts her and parks outside the house, goes around and opens the door and she promptly falls out and lands on her face. Just out of dentist now. Massive fat lip, slightly tore perenium but luckily the teeth are ok.

Comment

what a day.
                                                                          Me dad was passing by the school and offered to pick up daughter. Sure says I, so he collcts her and parks outside the house, goes around and opens the door and she promptly falls out and lands on her face. Just out of dentist now. Massive fat lip, slightly tore perenium but luckily the teeth are ok.
                                                                          Things come in 3 - do euromilly for later

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

Twice as likely today.
                                                                            There's two different answers today depending on whether you play
                                                                            on the original site or transferred to the NYT.

wordSle ftw.
                                                                            Really? I'm still on the old site.

Comment

what a day.
                                                                              Oh ffs. What a shit turn of events for you.

Comment

what a day.
                                                                                Teeth ok is a big plus .

Comment

​​​​​
                                                                                  Ah go on so sure.

Comment

Won't make that night myself, coming home from a work trip that day.

Comment

I've a 6th birthday (covid allowing) the next day.
                                                                                      Doubtful I'll make the festivities

Comment

I've a 6th birthday (covid allowing) the next day.
                                                                                        Doubtful I'll make the festivities
                                                                                        I'm working the following morning so wont be a mad one by any means for myself. You can go and not get wrecked like lol

Comment

4/6 today but it took ages to find the answer with four letters and loads of info.
                                                                                          I'm certain the answers have been curated rather than picked at random since it was branded NYT... good thing too.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            Oof I'm not free that night, massive FOMO
                                                                                            Is that the night of your gig?
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Really? I'm still on the old site.
                                                                                              Refreshed it and it brought me to the NY Times one with the new word. Got a 4 this time.

The other word from earlier isn't allowed on the new one.

SPOILER
                                                                                              AGORA

Comment

​​​​​
                                                                                                Looks like a gooer to me.
                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Is that the night of your gig?
                                                                                                  That choir thing is Sunday 27th.
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

I'm working the following morning so wont be a mad one by any means for myself. You can go and not get wrecked like lol
                                                                                                    Absolutely.

Comment

Just organised 3 nights b&b and 3 rounds of golf in the algarve (3 different courses) in march for less than a weeend (one night, 2 rounds) in the belfry. Crazy.

First time playing abroad. Excited!

Comment

Looks like we'll have the opportunity of a two night break somewhere.

Top of the wishlist is a top class spa/pool.

The best I've been to is Seafield but we'd like to try somewhere new.

Any pointers?

Monart?

One of the best things about Seafield is the colour of the pool tiles, black/gold. Would like something similar. Have a weird dislike for the standard blue and white colour schemes of hotel pools.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Lazare; 15-02-22, 19:38.

Comment

Any pointers?

Monart?
                                                                                                          Having been to both, Monart is in a different league tbh ainec

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1713269&d=1644954069&type=thumb The brudder took this snap on Kilimanjaro today. Great picture .
                                                                                                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                              Just organised 3 nights b&b and 3 rounds of golf in the algarve (3 different courses) in march for less than a weeend (one night, 2 rounds) in the belfry. Crazy.

First time playing abroad. Excited!
                                                                                                              Beer , drive , beer , chip , beer Mashhhh Potatoes .

Enjoy. Jealous .

Comment

Any pointers?

Monart?

One of the best things about Seafield is the colour of the pool tiles, black/gold. Would like something similar. Have a weird dislike for the standard blue and white colour schemes of hotel pools.
                                                                                                                We went to Monart and both agreed we would never go back. I'm not sure if we just had an unlucky experience but I didnt enjoy a single thing about the place. I went in with absolutely no expectations also and was still let down. I was never more happy to leave anywhere ever.

For what you're paying, there has to be better value. Leisure centre area is tiny also and if it's in any way busy is just uncomfortable

Comment

Farnham estate is the one a few people have recommended us to try. Think it's in Cavan somewhere so shouldn't be too much of a spin from you.

Comment

We went to Monart and both agreed we would never go back. I'm not sure if we just had an unlucky experience but I didnt enjoy a single thing about the place. I went in with absolutely no expectations also and was still let down. I was never more happy to leave anywhere ever.

For what you're paying, there has to be better value. Leisure centre area is tiny also and if it's in any way busy is just uncomfortable
                                                                                                                    Have to say my references might be a bit dated. Went there probably 10 years ago to both. Monart at the time was close to empty, and the restaurants were great. Add to that it was probably one of the first night in 5 years we had a night away from the kids which was just bliss.

When we went to Seafield, the place was lovely but it was a wedding factory. The place was heaving. Pretty grim when you want a quiet weekend away, and some bogball team turned up on Sunday and turned the spa into a fucking playground.

Comment

My first big work project to completion. Clicked send on an application to the gov to give us an extra €2.75m for, ummm, stuff. You'd be amazed the amount of internal opposition to this there has been over the last month on the grounds of - doesn't more money mean we have to do more things.

Comment

Farnham estate is the one a few people have recommended us to try. Think it's in Cavan somewhere so shouldn't be too much of a spin from you.
                                                                                                                        Just googled that and it looks like I was there. Yeah, it was pretty good alright, pool area was decent.

Be looking to try somewhere new, cheers though.

If you haven't been to the Cliff House in Youghall it's one of the better ones.

Comment

Think I remember Lao Lao talking good things about a place recently.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X