Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s like people forget how utterly captured the media in like of us and uk is by their intelligence services when it comes to stuff like this
    Pro tip- ignore blue ticks

slightly related - who the fuck is Richard chambers- flicked through his covid book at a mates house- cash in central- looks like one of those guys who made a career of retweeting what his masters want him rot retweet on the guise of leaks.
    Last edited by MysteryGuest; 28-01-22, 23:27.
    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Here ya go Hitch..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Pho Viet on Parnell street. Now called Pho Kim I believe. Directly across the road from the Gate
        Which is because a change in generation they told me. The place on capel st is superior for broths and banh mis I reckon. Purple place, name skips me
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Which is because a change in generation they told me. The place on capel st is superior for broths and banh mis I reckon. Purple place, name skips me
          That's interesting. I'd noticed the name change but wondered why so tyvm. We go there as pre theatre if we can make it, has been a while, poxy covid, so cant wait to go back. I've been making Pho a lot at home but it never stacks up to it obvs

Comment

The place on capel st is superior for broths and banh mis I reckon. Purple place, name skips me
            Tar mentioned it - aobaba.

I found that the little Japanese restaurant Takara on Abbey Street near Jervis Luas stop has nice noodle dishes and a really nice atmosphere.

Comment

Wordle posters need to DIAGF. Put me off even looking at it
              come back limerick posters all is forgiven
              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Mongolian BBQ
                Anglesea Street, Temple Bar.
                All u can eat for 16.50.
                Nom nom.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  Wasn't Taekwondo designed to knock someone off a horse? Not a bad martial art to take up in Tallaght.
                  I’ve heard that said a lot. But Taekwondo was developed post WW2 so I’d assume it’s a myth. Or based a legend rather than practice.

Fowls like older military methods would be easier and more effective.

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Those videos are amazing. Also the % of martial arts self-defense situations that start with a wrist grab vs the % of real self-defense situations that start with a wrist grab
                  That pages digs them up constantly. Some really bizarre stuff. Surely they know deep down it’s nonsense. Would kinda like to see it in person and talk to those in the cult levels of buy in.

Comment

Similar music streams to Spotify ? Best one ?

My daily Joni is necessary .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

They paved paradise and put up a Rogan pod

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

They paved paradise and put up a Rogan pod
                        Ive looked at it from both sides now

Comment

tidal or amazon music

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Hes a twitter god

Comment

I'm subbed to YouTube music, used to be Google Play music.

Comment

Hes a twitter god
                                  He's so quick witted, very funny guy.

Saw one a couple of weeks ago where some guy with the surname Buddle called him Cunt.

He replied with 'Cuddle'

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

tidal or amazon music
                                    Tried to open a tidal account and it wouldn't accept payment from my debit or credit cards.
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Wordle 224 2/6

⬛

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        scarleh for the warmongers
                                        What else is he supposed to say?

I suppose 'a massive hostile force is massed on our borders, everybody panic aaaaaaaggghhhhhh' might lead to some consternation in Kiev.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Pho Viet is overrated imo, had a couple of average meals there.

Anyone got a Malaysian restaurant recommendation for Dublin? Or indeed Indonesian?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

What else is he supposed to say?

I suppose 'a massive hostile force is massed on our borders, everybody panic aaaaaaaggghhhhhh' might lead to some consternation in Kiev.
                                            He could:

1. Call for international help, which would undoubtedly be forthcoming

or

2. Point out the Western hysteria for its own purposes and tell people to cop on

He chose (2) from how he sees it. I realise you now need to move on now to doubting the actual Ukrainian president's words, but it really just highlights the misinformation. Its a far more difficult proposition than simply repeating Murdoch Sky News nonsense, or the words of a UK prime minister trying to save his job due to treating 10 Downing Street as his own private Ibiza.

I would note that I pointed out all last week that this is part of a standard series of military buildups, which was also his words. There might always be dodgy Russian motivations, but there are also always dodgy UK/US motivations in these stories.
                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Tar mentioned it - aobaba.

I found that the little Japanese restaurant Takara on Abbey Street near Jervis Luas stop has nice noodle dishes and a really nice atmosphere.
                                              I love that place, really good ramen in there!
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Anyone got a Malaysian restaurant recommendation for Dublin? Or indeed Indonesian?
                                                Not quite but am looking forward to trying this place. He also has a food truck up beside the dosa dosa one.

airport, lol

Comment

Watching the 2000 fight between Morales and Barrera . Still cant believe the result. EPIC fight in fairness .

Comment

There was a Malay place on baggot st back in the day. May not be there. Pretty vague I know.

I remember hearing that most of the “Chinese’ takeaways/restaurants in Ireland where initially opened by Malaysian immigrants.
                                                    Obviously everyone knows the generic Chinese takeaway menu isn’t Chinese food. But I was surprised to hear that szechuan pepper dishes where particular elusive in Dublin. Not uncommon here. Willing to open up a mail order szechuan chain.

Comment

How do you link a post ,

Comment

Its a far more difficult proposition than simply repeating Murdoch Sky News nonsense, .
                                                        Any Murdoch outlet is suspect.

Which news sources do you consider reliable?

Comment

Not quite but am looking forward to trying this place. He also has a food truck up beside the dosa dosa one.

https://www.bitesbykwanghi.com/
                                                          That'll sweeten the return to the office, will definitely give him a go.

Comment

Does anyone know if you can listen to the commentary for the Connacht Glasgow game anywhere.

Going to be in the car for a few hours during it.

Comment

There was a great Malay place on Parnell St, other side of North Great George's St from Kimchi Hophouse. Not sure if it's still
                                                              there as haven't been up that way in a good while.

Edit: Looks like it's Vietnamese now: https://www.bobabar.ie/index.html#section-gallery

Might try it out later and report back
                                                              Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 29-01-22, 14:37.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

A new Korean Zombie apocalypse show from Netflix just dropped called 'All Of Us Are Dead'. It is getting great reviews.

Comment

I'm a fan of Kwanghi. Haven't been into his place in town but he used to have his food truck at Decathalon which is very close to my job so I was a regular. Very disappointed when he moved it as lunch options are very limited where I am.

Just walked past that Takara place on Abbey St. Must have been about 20 people queuing at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                      Lots of those minor key vids on youtbe.

Loved the Jingle Bells one

Comment

Any Murdoch outlet is suspect.

Which news sources do you consider reliable?
                                                                        I don't consider news in general as a reliable means of understanding the world. News is bits of current information that fit into a broader understanding of the world. That broader understanding influenced by history, by local understanding, by determining competing motivations and ideologies, and projecting future trends. News is a pretty superfluous, but useful, perspective, that needs aggregation and perspective to understand its meaning. Is my considered opinion. Good journalism is meant to be informed by these broader perspectives, but I don't think that's the way of modern journalism.

Comment

I don't consider news in general as a reliable means of understanding the world. News is bits of current information that fit into a broader understanding of the world. That broader understanding influenced by history, by local understanding, by determining competing motivations and ideologies, and projecting future trends. News is a pretty superfluous, but useful, perspective, that needs aggregation and perspective to understand its meaning. Is my considered opinion. Good journalism is meant to be informed by these broader perspectives, but I don't think that's the way of modern journalism.
                                                                          So you don't think any news source is accurate\worthy? There's still some pretty heavyweight coverage out there.

Comment

News is bits of current information that fit into a broader understanding of the world. .
                                                                            I'm very interested in this broader understanding of the world.Does it work by osmosis?

Comment

Pain in the hole having to cancel spotify because the app is good, I should have left when they started spending my money on assclowns like Rogan or it became clear they were set up to get less less money to lesser played performers than other platforms but losing the venerable aged Canadians is a deal breaker.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I'm subbed to YouTube music, used to be Google Play music.
                                                                                I ended up going with youtube music. As much as I dislike giving more info to google, tidal not being able to take my money kind of ruled that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  Pain in the hole having to cancel spotify because the app is good, I should have left when they started spending my money on assclowns like Rogan or it became clear they were set up to get less less money to lesser played performers than other platforms but losing the venerable aged Canadians is a deal breaker.

Im of the same ilk . Young and Joni still on Spotify at the moment .

How does youtube music or google music work ? Is there a similar app ? Happy to partake in Spotify removal revolution . There is something hippy about it

Comment

Hard to take posts like that seriously.... Lifelong fan? Spotify only existed since 2006..

​​​​
                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I ended up going with youtube music. As much as I dislike giving more info to google, tidal not being able to take my money kind of ruled that out.
                                                                                      did you try using revolut? worked fine for me

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

did you try using revolut? worked fine for me
                                                                                        Nah. I tried opening a revolut account last year, and they wouldn't accept a drivers licence or public services card as id. I wasn't about to renew my passport just to open an account.

Edit: it was summer 2020 not last year.
                                                                                        Last edited by ComradeCollie; 29-01-22, 19:49.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                          Wordle posters need to DIAGF. Put me off even looking at it
                                                                                          come back limerick posters all is forgiven
                                                                                          Strange thing to get annoyed about, especially when you are negative on google and facebook's data use.

Wordle is very pure manifestation of the what's best about the internet , a simple word game that encourages people to share something that's a harmless little bit of fun in a wholly free uncommercial way. At one game a day it's hard to get carried away with and even if you have an aversion to it it is really easy to ignore.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Edit: it was summer 2020 not last year.
                                                                                            Same thing.
                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

What do people make of the Canadian trucker convoy?

Seems a lot of the issue is American truckers delivering to Canadian locations are the most vocal.
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                What do people make of the Canadian trucker convoy?

Seems a lot of the issue is American truckers delivering to Canadian locations are the most vocal.
                                                                                                I'm not aware of it. Between Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Jordan Peterson and the Trudeau guy I've had enough of Canadian influencers

Comment

Comment

Complete lottery booking summer holidays for teenagers (went for a week in a campsite with hopefully loads of activities and a week in a coastal resort). Think Sat Nav has the right idea with Vegas.

Comment

One thing I'm gratified to see is still the case is that if you search the camping companies like Eurocamp or Canvas, find the site that you like and then go through their own website, you invariably save €500 p/w, get access to all the same facilities and generally a nicer accomodation in a better location!

Comment

I'm not aware of it. Between Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Jordan Peterson and the Trudeau guy I've had enough of Canadian influencers
                                                                                                        You strike me as more the Avril Lavigne type fan.

Dissing Joni in any form is the wrong direction.

Comment

You strike me as more the Avril Lavigne type fan.

Dissing Joni in any form is the wrong direction.
                                                                                                          I've been surprised at how much I like Taylor Swift.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1711929&d=1643491502&type=thumb

I've been surprised at how much I like Taylor Swift.
                                                                                                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Strange thing to get annoyed about, especially when you are negative on google and facebook's data use.

Wordle is very pure manifestation of the what's best about the internet , a simple word game that encourages people to share something that's a harmless little bit of fun in a wholly free uncommercial way. At one game a day it's hard to get carried away with and even if you have an aversion to it it is really easy to ignore.
                                                                                                              Was a few goblets of dubbel and trippel deep when I posted that
                                                                                                              the score posting (which I assume is a big social media thing) seems stupid though, d sad to think how many people are faking scores for kudos.
                                                                                                              something that consistently amazes me in golf actually, ythe lengths people will go to to massage their handicap so they can get their name up in lights

Comment

So you don't think any news source is accurate\worthy? There's still some pretty heavyweight coverage out there.
                                                                                                                Don't really find news all that interesting tbh, except maybe local Irish stuff.

Comment

The wife's uber-boss is over from London next week and the only thing the office know about him is that he only drinks whiskey. Would there be a fancy restaurant with a fancy whiskey selection in Dublin? But maybe a little bit cool also, so not so old-style French crap. Like a fancy version of Fade Street, but not a Shanahan's on the Green.

Comment

Im of the same ilk . Young and Joni still on Spotify at the moment .

How does youtube music or google music work ? Is there a similar app ? Happy to partake in Spotify removal revolution . There is something hippy about it
                                                                                                                    I've never used Spotify so can't compare but I think it's excellent. Really great interface.

This was prob a Spotify feature but the 'Liked' playlist is deadly. Just give a song a thumbs up and it enters the playlist.

Setting up genre playlists is super easy too.

What I love about it too is, when your last song on a playlist finishes it just keeps playing tunes in that genre. A lot of my playlists are built that way, adding new tracks that randomly play.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                                    This gallery has 2 photos.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Lazare; 29-01-22, 22:42.

Comment

I set up that '10 miler' playlist to listen to on 10 mile runs, Bowie, Roxy Music, Talking Heads, all that era.

Ended up adding and adding to it due to the radio feature and now it would prob do a 20 mile run lol

Comment

Live war on drugs stuff and Kexp would be worth the YT music fee alone

Comment

The wife's uber-boss is over from London next week and the only thing the office know about him is that he only drinks whiskey. Would there be a fancy restaurant with a fancy whiskey selection in Dublin? But maybe a little bit cool also, so not so old-style French crap. Like a fancy version of Fade Street, but not a Shanahan's on the Green.
                                                                                                                          ...... or they could just tell the cunt to drink what he is served or fuck off back to London.
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X