Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will work, you don't even need to convert it will do it automatically when buying stuff. However there is a small surcharge at weekends to convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      It will work, you don't even need to convert it will do it automatically when buying stuff. However there is a small surcharge at weekends to convert.
      So do I leave as euro? And spend away even though I'd prefer to have set as dollars to see excactly what I'm spending
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

So do I leave as euro? And spend away even though I'd prefer to have set as dollars to see excactly what I'm spending
        Leave it as dollars now you've done it. We did the same thing and found it handier to track spending.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

This Russia Ukraine thing is gathering serious steam.
          US media visibily creaming themselves at the idea of tousling with the old bear again.
          Hard to see how Ukraine get out of this situation with significant cost of life or land, or both
          Interestingly the main outcome, all based on rumours, is the US sending even more troops to surround Russia. For such an aggressor, they seem to be surrounded by US peaceful killing machines to such an extent as to look like aggression towards them. Case in point - how the US went mad when a few weapons were flown to Cuba. And yet here we have the Western media getting high on anonymous stories that coincidentally always result in the US becoming even more of an aggressor 'for the greater good'. Bear in mind that the main build up of weapons centred on Russia happened in the 1990s long before Putin.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

First night of the woodworking evening class tonight and what a thrill that was! The course leader spent five minutes explaining a bewildering array of things and then said 'allright - grab some wood and do what I did. See you back here in 10 minutes for. Then everyone started sawing and chiseling. I started panicking. Starred at the wood for a bit, pondering what this all meant. Then got on with things. Repeat ad nauseum for a hectic two and a half hours and then I was sitting in a sweat with a couple of not-quite-embarassing wood joints, and feeling like a man of the people.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

The Tourist is straight garbage, one of the worst tv shows I've watched.
              I can only surmise from this that married life has changed you somewhat from a man of refinement to a man who prefers the company of Love Island. You be you, but this is an astonishing slur on a modern work of art.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                I'd say if you took Gerry O'Carroll into a room and rolled up your sleeves you wouldn't be long getting a confession out of the lying scumbag

You'd think at his age he'd be man enough to realise its ok tell the truth
                Ya, I'm amazed he had the gall to do that programme. Not a bit of shame or anything in there, while still sticking to the same unbelieveable story.

Comment

Screenshot_20220125-090204__01.jpg
                  Attached Files
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Interestingly the main outcome, all based on rumours, is the US sending even more troops to surround Russia. For such an aggressor, they seem to be surrounded by US peaceful killing machines to such an extent as to look like aggression towards them. Case in point - how the US went mad when a few weapons were flown to Cuba. And yet here we have the Western media getting high on anonymous stories that coincidentally always result in the US becoming even more of an aggressor 'for the greater good'. Bear in mind that the main build up of weapons centred on Russia happened in the 1990s long before Putin.
                    Using the Cuban missile crisis as a comparison...

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Using the Cuban missile crisis as a comparison...

Ah, he's just fishing for a bite.

I do like the fact of 100,000 soldiers massed on a border being described as 'rumours' though. The man has a future on Russia Today should he ever want it.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can any of you Netflix guys give a thumbs up or down to Jessica jones ? The missus has started watched it but not sure if i can commit to co- watching. She does look hot though which for me is a start brudder rabbit and i believe in Starts

Comment

First night of the woodworking evening class tonight and what a thrill that was! The course leader spent five minutes explaining a bewildering array of things and then said 'allright - grab some wood and do what I did. See you back here in 10 minutes for. Then everyone started sawing and chiseling. I started panicking. Starred at the wood for a bit, pondering what this all meant. Then got on with things. Repeat ad nauseum for a hectic two and a half hours and then I was sitting in a sweat with a couple of not-quite-embarassing wood joints, and feeling like a man of the people.
                          Comrade hitch your new job will be with the Carpenters , you will get an equal wage to the lecturers.

Comment

Wordle 220 4/6

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                              Can any of you Netflix guys give a thumbs up or down to Jessica jones ? The missus has started watched it but not sure if i can commit to co- watching. She does look hot though which for me is a start brudder rabbit and i believe in Starts
                              It's good, deals with toxic relationship control and other themes, but there is a whole bunch of other marvel show tie ins,
                              iron fist, daredevil, the punisher, Luke cage etc, which are way more comic booky. They join up for a season called the defenders.

Marvel TV kinda went kaput abruptly and ended all the nextflix shows so don't expect tidy endings.
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Somewhere off the Irish coast
                                Man with loudhailer in small rowing boat "Youze arent welcome with those fancy manouvers"
                                Russian captain in D class nuclear sub "Jesus, I think hes serious, all units disengage and cease drills...I repeat disengage "

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

It's good, deals with toxic relationship control and other themes, but there is a whole bunch of other marvel show tie ins,
                                  iron fist, daredevil, the punisher, Luke cage etc, which are way more comic booky. They join up for a season called the defenders.

Marvel TV kinda went kaput abruptly and ended all the nextflix shows so don't expect tidy endings.
                                  Jessica Jones is pretty good.
                                  Tennent is fucking tremoundsly sinister

Comment

It's good. Easily the best of all those Marvel spinoffs. Don't bother with those and don't bother with S2 of JJ either. Pretend it got cancelled.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                      Wordle 220 4/6

Why do you always use that stupid rolleyes emoji when you post your wordle?

As I said to someone in the old boards days (which got me in trouble with the admins there) I'll shove that emoji up your hole if you don't stop!

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

As I said to someone in the old boards days (which got me in trouble with the admins there) I'll shove that emoji up your hole if you don't stop!
                                        All emojis except El Tren should be removed from this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

All emojis except El Tren should be removed from this site.

Comment

Oooh ees avin a go at the emojis now .

Reminds me of a funny head to head i had with the mustard forum mod . I miss that . The righteous boards mods with their gospel . Oh you are walking on thin ice . That was my favourite. Shit the bed that night

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes folks.

She's doing good now. Bronchilitis brought on by Rhino Enterovirus. Possible asthma. Getting her out today with a schedule of inhaler meds.

You hear it all the time but deserves repeating, the level of care at this place is stunning. Real heros.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I failed on todays, I even pronounced the solution in my head but didn't recognize it as a word so passed on it
                                                SPOILER
                                                Had SxxAR at that stage, tried SYMAR which actually comes up as a valid word! Then rage quitted.

Comment

Keep also the passive aggressive emoji.

That and

Dump all else.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Thanks for the well wishes folks.

She's doing good now. Bronchilitis brought on by Rhino Enterovirus. Possible asthma. Getting her out today with a schedule of inhaler meds.

You hear it all the time but deserves repeating, the level of care at this place is stunning. Real heros.
                                                    Great news .

Hopefully as she gets older she can practice some breathing techniques that may help.???

Tis a great hospital . In it twice as a kid , accident prone leftie . I remember being facinated by the corridors and wards

Comment

You shouldn't have left play with the rhinos down the park.
                                                      Bad parenting imo.
                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Snowpiercer back for season 3, gonna leave it build up and binge it.
                                                        ​​​
                                                        I use an app called Twee for TV tracking,
                                                        Assume others are using trakt or something?
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Not sure about Jessica BUT January Jones gets the BIG thumbs up from me everytime

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

These lads have something decent going on, kind of like if Johnny Cooper Clarke had a funky punky Joy division clone backing him

Fixer Upper (from the 1st video) was in my top 20 tunes of 2020

They made another appearance in my 2021 top 20 with The Overload

Comment

I blame the site admins for allowing emoji's in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

It could be worse.

Comment

sometimes I impress myself

Comment

i the snowpiercer film recently, it's somewhat but I'm they made a series about it, I imagine its pretty

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Don't get me started on those pricks!

Comment

It's times like this, when you need Kev to log on half cut and start wielding the ban hammer at will

Comment

Ive created a MUSIC thread . See how it goes . I'll add stuff in there for now . It it takes off can request it to be stickied if not ... <enter appropriate emoji>

Comment

Ive created a MUSIC thread . See how it goes . I'll add stuff in there for now . It it takes off can request it to be stickied if not ... <enter appropriate emoji>
                                                                            Obviously myself or DP will be happy to do this if it seems to be a useful addition people use. I'd certainly need some prompting, preferably by PM if needed for it.

Comment

sometimes I impress myself
                                                                              An 'unlikely ally'.

Maybe those emojis do serve a purpose after all.

Comment

Indeed an unlikely ally that has pumped tens of millions into the Tory party << insert double rolleyes.emoticon>>

And now their tame head of police in the Met finally decides to open an investigation just in time for them grab another few weeks of hiding behind.

Extraordinary that the direction of all policy in British politics since Gordon Brown has been guided solely by internal Tory infighting. There was a nice little bit of analysis on R4 this morning of how Teresa May probably became PM by accident that leads to a really intriguing 'what if'

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dont blame me...up until 2015 was happy playing snakes on my Nokia ....thrust into the cold world of having to work for a living and they handed me a new fangled smartphone!!...........it started out innocently enough just tthe odd......but that wasnt enough....quickly escalated to the hard stuff.....and almost in the of an eye I was hooked.

Miss snakes

Comment

How have I never heard of this film before, it sounds amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0ATkUpOyw

Comment

Ah, he's just fishing for a bite.

I do like the fact of 100,000 soldiers massed on a border being described as 'rumours' though. The man has a future on Russia Today should he ever want it.
                                                                                      The troops may be there, and regularly are, its the interpretation of the troops that is the rumours. But these unsubstantiated stories always somehow end up in more aggression towards Russia. Like the whole stories a few months ago about how China might invade Taiwan, that turned out to be domestic Taiwanese stories to pressure the US Congress to approve selling more weapons. I don't think its always the case, but it is often the case, that when we suddenly hear a lot of stories about some errant state, there's an underlying thing that the US wants to do, but needs a news story to justify doing it. In this case, sending troops to Ukraine. Bear in mind, its not the first time, or even the second time, that there have been stories about the build up of troops near Ukraine, and it has generally been followed by arms sales agreements and then forgetting about it again until the next bright plan to dump more expense on a very poor country.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                        How have I never heard of this film before, it sounds amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0ATkUpOyw
                                                                                        7/10 was half decent

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

It's good. Easily the best of all those Marvel spinoffs. Don't bother with those and don't bother with S2 of JJ either. Pretend it got cancelled.
                                                                                          Daredevil easily stands up.
                                                                                          As does Punisher.

It helps if you treat them as homages in a way to different genres and time periods.

Comment

The troops may be there, and regularly are, its the interpretation of the troops that is the rumours. But these unsubstantiated stories always somehow end up in more aggression towards Russia. Like the whole stories a few months ago about how China might invade Taiwan, that turned out to be domestic Taiwanese stories to pressure the US Congress to approve selling more weapons. I don't think its always the case, but it is often the case, that when we suddenly hear a lot of stories about some errant state, there's an underlying thing that the US wants to do, but needs a news story to justify doing it. In this case, sending troops to Ukraine. Bear in mind, its not the first time, or even the second time, that there have been stories about the build up of troops near Ukraine, and it has generally been followed by arms sales agreements and then forgetting about it again until the next bright plan to dump more expense on a very poor country.
                                                                                            Hitch, you are off your fucking rocker. Singing from the same hymn sheet as Mick Wallace isn't generally a good look

If nothing else, this current issue is geared, largely in my little mind, as a stress test for German power within NATO/EU.
                                                                                            The timelines are hardly a co-incidence Olaf Scholz replaces Merkel and within 30 days we have this kind of escalation.
                                                                                            Germany is on the hook energy wise to Russia and this is a proper test of the new PM's resolve.

Comment

Comment

There's photos, of course there are

Comment

Hitch, you are off your fucking rocker. Singing from the same hymn sheet as Mick Wallace isn't generally a good look
                                                                                                  Quality burn DP (wish I had thought of that)!

If nothing else, this current issue is geared, largely in my little mind, as a stress test for German power within NATO/EU.
                                                                                                  The timelines are hardly a co-incidence Olaf Scholz replaces Merkel and within 30 days we have this kind of escalation.
                                                                                                  Germany is on the hook energy wise to Russia and this is a proper test of the new PM's resolve.
                                                                                                  It makes the decision to de-nuclearise Germany look very suspect indeed.

Comment

When Laz and Joe bump into Hitchhiker in the Park.

Comment

Yeah this is absolute nonsense

Two days ago:

China sends 39 jets, launches second largest incursion into Taiwan

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Great profile on Larry Summers here:

How the ultimate Establishment figure became the preeminent critic of the Biden era’s economic consensus.

He tried to warn the Democrats that the spending bills were too big and would lead to inflation, which looks remarkably prescient now.

Comment

Great profile on Larry Summers here:

How the ultimate Establishment figure became the preeminent critic of the Biden era’s economic consensus.

He tried to warn the Democrats that the spending bills were too big and would lead to inflation, which looks remarkably prescient now.
                                                                                                          How does that match with inflation being a global phenomenon?

Comment

Sure. And the solution to the crisis is... the same LNG that Trump was trying to push. Of which the US can't get rid of at the moment.

We accept far too many things that are fed to us. There's usually an economic motivation behind US actions.

Comment

Yeah this is absolute nonsense

Two days ago:

China sends 39 jets, launches second largest incursion into Taiwan

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's their country, and internationally recognised as that.

Comment

How does that match with inflation being a global phenomenon?
                                                                                                                1) Some of the inflationary pressures are supply based
                                                                                                                2) Inflation is broadly always a global phenomenon, the american consumer appetite for goods affects the rest of the world, not just the US
                                                                                                                3) Most of the world did something similar to america

Comment

It's their country, and internationally recognised as that.
                                                                                                                  lol

Comment

Sure. And the solution to the crisis is... the same LNG that Trump was trying to push. Of which the US can't get rid of at the moment.

We accept far too many things that are fed to us. There's usually an economic motivation behind US actions.
                                                                                                                    Whataboutism now.
                                                                                                                    We are around 3 posts till 'lolz, I was only joking. Here's my next hot take' using the Standard Hitch Internet Timeline

Comment

We accept far too many things that are fed to us.

Wake up sheeple

Comment

Hih, the Coen brothers (or one of them) have done Macbeth with Denzel Washington. Interesting to see how they set it up.
                                                                                                                        Still trying to figure out why that was made. Was a bit worried from the start, as it's in b&w and 3:2 aspect ratio, so like looking at a TV from the 1970's albeit in far higher resolution. Don't think I've ever been so bored in my entire life. If I had been I would use that in a simile to describe how bored I was.

Pure ageism on my part, but seems like a waste of time for these still capable pensioners. Write a movie for them instead of putting them through the motions.

Meh, at least my seat was comfortable.
                                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Whataboutism now.
                                                                                                                          We are around 3 posts till 'lolz, I was only joking. Here's my next hot take' using the Standard Hitch Internet Timeline
                                                                                                                          At least if Vlad does trigger an incursion we will be treated to Hitch's Comical Ali routine about how the US made him do it and sure it was their land anyway so feck whatever those pesky Ukrainians (or Taiwanese, or Tibetans, or Uighurs) want.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X