Clear All

Just to get this thrad back to where it used to be

In pub since 3pm game, noe on the doubles and cocktails

should go home as u7 duties at 9am

prob going drinking and poker

some idiit

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

If you have a decent machine you really need to grind your own. I know how incredibly pretentious that sounds but once you start doing it and getting into the whole thing you see the difference is massive, The grind settings for each bean are completely different to pour the same quality of Espresso from each bean. Espresso grinders are tricky because they are machines to really only do one thing and that is to grind fine enough for Espresso. Cheap grinders simply won't produce anything like the fineness or consistency needed for Espresso. I did quite a bit of research before buying and this is generally considered the best in the price range but it is still a fairly eye-watering £500. Jame Hoffman on youtube is your guide for all things coffee but when people start asking about making good Espresso at home then I think the advice should be similar to Poker back in the day. Turn back now before it is too late . . . . .

A small thing but get a decent tamper with a bit of weight in it. I got one of these soon after buying my first machine and still going strong 15+ years later. The plastic yokes you get with the machine are shite.

In the top 5 of 'favourite things I own'.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        Just to get this thrad back to where it used to be

In pub since 3pm game, noe on the doubles and cocktails

should go home as u7 duties at 9am

prob going drinking and poker

some idiit
        I drank all day yesterday on train and in Belfast. Feeling suspiciously OK but suspect it's temporary. Need to go down to the Georges Market for a Belfast bap once my accomplices wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          On that, it seems a real art to do it right, to get a good crema.

Enjoying learning about it. With the machine I bought you've got to waste a bit of coffee first to get the settings right, and do so again if you introduce new beans. The dose level, the grind setting, the heat.

All will vary depending on the bean. Then the tamp has to be spot on. Then frothing milk is a whole different set of rules.

Good fun figuring it out, and very rewarding when you get it right.

Am getting some top class coffee from it. Would recommend the splash out.

You do go through coffee a lot quicker with bean to cup than ground though I have found.
          In a previous job, the coffee machine in the staff kitchen was a cafe style machine. Nothing automatic. Only a few variables but I could only ever get ash tray juice out of the thing.

Obviously would get better with practice. But still they they are terrible option for workplaces. Every now and again a client insists if a proper cafe job. And just laugh thinking of how bad it will be starting out.

Comment

Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
              I see the Cryptobros/NFTsquad that bought the Dune thing for 3 million (guide price 40k) got shafted.

Happy to have it explained to me why this was thought to be a goer at all.
              I acknowledge this is peanuts to those lads, and is probably all done to launder funds regardless.
              ​​​​​
              “Shafted” suggested they were screwed over if some way, or something unfortunate happen. Which is nothing remotely like what happen.

They bought a copy of a rare book. Basically an unproduced movie storyboard. Somehow they thought this gave them the rights to the movie/book. Unbelievably clueless given the fact it’s a major movie in the cinema currently.
              The book isn’t even unique, there are 10-20 copies. One of which was made available for free online a decade ago.

It’s like buying an original Spider-Man #1 comic and thinking you can pitch a Spiderman reboot to Netflix.

The retards are now running a writing competition so people can enter their outlines for a tv-series, that they want to pitch to various networks. Somehow not realising they’d also need the rights to Dune for that also.

Oh, definitely not money laundering. They spent $3m, and earned $zero. Laundering requires at least some sort of income.

Comment

Marginal effort vs Marginal reward of getting deep into the coffee rabbit hole certainly seems to point to staying ignorant.

Comment

great game in Paris. come on SF, one more try!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Marginal effort vs Marginal reward of getting deep into the coffee rabbit hole certainly seems to point to staying ignorant.
                    god yeah. i'll stick to my one nespresso a day

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      great game in Paris. come on SF, one more try!!!
                      That was amazing, the penalty was enough to scrape past cardiff by a single points scored difference! Connacht can expect to be punished for giving away the home game advantage.

All that shocking pink is very hard on the eyes, I thought it was a phase they would grow out of
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Debated about whether to go down the home barista path at the very start of lockdown. I was happy enough with effort to reward, being at home every day it was my 10am break and something to immerse myself in for 10 mins.
                        Got a sage machine, beans from local roaster, coconut milk and set my expectations very low. Would say i only had 2 or 3 awful cups, watched some youtube vids about where i was going wrong with the grind,tamping etc.Got incrementally better as the week went on and by second week was doing it from muscle memory.
                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I drank all day yesterday on train and in Belfast. Feeling suspiciously OK but suspect it's temporary. Need to go down to the Georges Market for a Belfast bap once my accomplices wake up.
                          Made it to Mulligans on the return leg. No real sense of liberation here.

Belfast was reasonably loose.

Comment

Libation ?

Comment

NFL has been epic. LA Rams tried to lose that game in about 10 different and amusing ways.

Comment

Between The Tourist and discovering The Orville, I don't think anything will top 2022 for TV. Are ye all, all over The Tourist? It's properly excellent.
                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Everywhere was bananas last night. I'd say the whole is in a heap today and couldn't even look at a drink.

Comment

Four year old was having difficulty breathing tonight, wheezing and grunting, 60 breaths a minute. She had similar before but not as bad.

Brought her to Crumlin A&E at 10pm. She's currently in ICU.

Doctor has assured me she's not in any danger, just the particular IV bronchiodilator drug they've stepped up to requires ICU.

Fucking scary tbh.

They gave me a bedroom to get some sleep but too wired to I think.
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Jaysus id be up the walls the worry is always worse than the reality . Hope she isnt too distressed by it all , poor kid . Sounds like they have it all under control .

Comment

Just had some financial good news . The kid I was sponsoring in Africa was eaten by a lion today. So a fiver better off a month

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Between The Tourist and discovering The Orville, I don't think anything will top 2022 for TV. Are ye all, all over The Tourist? It's properly excellent.
                                          Waiting for a source with a tad more credibility on TV recommendations to confirm

Trailer looks like it could go either way

Comment

ReIUbkK.png

That one was good

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              ReIUbkK.png

That one was good
                                              had to fire off the entire clip to get there

Comment

I got it in 5 today.

Comment

That's kind of a meta-spoiler if you know SPs starting word!

Comment

General wordle observation. Spoilers as it is relevant to today's one.

SPOILER
                                                    I was wondering about double letters so did some checking after the word today. May be common knowledge, but may not be.

If there is a double letter (the same letter used twice, and the same applies to the same letter used three times I presume) then if you use that letter twice but in the wrong place, both will show up yellow. If you use it twice and one is in the right place, then one will be green, one yellow. Doesn't help you know there is a double letter though if you have only used it once obviously.

Comment

This situation gets weirder. Anyone buying this lads story? Lol

Comment

I'm not a great judge of these things Ted, but he has the look of an honest man.

Comment

So when does the pension expire ? If the Post Office opened at 9 am and he dies at 9.01 . Is he still not entitled to his pension ? I need to know if i have to hang on a while longer in the day\week for the sake of the kids in the future.

Im thinking if i feel ill i'll soldier on until i collect the monies then collapse in Doyles veggie shop with the loots in the phoca ?
                                                          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 24-01-22, 11:30.

Comment

I'm amazed at how 'young' he looks at 40, normally folk who've had a tough life, particularly junkie types, look so weather beaten and old before their time.

I believe him as much as I believe that lad in Mayo who stole his father-in-law's money from a tin can, broke into a church to swear on the bible that he hadn't, and has subsequently failed a lie detector test! Anyone see those videos that are floating around? Someone in work sent them through, an equally engrossing family saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              The Tourist is straight garbage, one of the worst tv shows I've watched.
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                I wondered about this. Does everyone start with the same word everyday?

Those that do not. Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Knowing that people are struggling is a major help.

Comment

Four year old was having difficulty breathing tonight, wheezing and grunting, 60 breaths a minute. She had similar before but not as bad.

Doctor has assured me she's not in any danger, just the particular IV bronchiodilator drug they've stepped up to requires ICU.

Fucking scary tbh.

Sorry to hear that Laz. I’m sure they know what they’re talking about. Hard to not worry in these crazy times regardless.

If you’re (understandably) climbing the walls with anxiety. Don’t put off asking for something to take you back down a peg.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Fucking scary tbh.

Hope everything is ok bud.
                                                                        Scary situation no doubt.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I change mine based on the result last game. It's a recent thing as I was using the same one each day.
                                                                          I now believe new letters are "due"
                                                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 24-01-22, 13:35.

Comment

FJvAvmAX0AMQej4?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

Got that coffee machine, could someone tell me what coffee I buy as in a supermarket. Heading to supervalu would I pick up some there? Is it like a packet of ground coffee or beans. I don't drink coffee so haven't a clue.
                                                                              Mia uses Bewleys in work, is it possible to get that in a shop?

@conor hope the little one makes a speedy recovery.
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Have extended family there, it's still a backwards shithole.
                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                  Got that coffee machine, could someone tell me what coffee I buy as in a supermarket. Heading to supervalu would I pick up some there? Is it like a packet of ground coffee or beans. I don't drink coffee so haven't a clue.
                                                                                  Mia uses Bewleys in work, is it possible to get that in a shop?

@conor hope the little one makes a speedy recovery.
                                                                                  You can buy Bewleys in Supervalu. You want a bag of ground coffee not beans. I’m sure there are better choices available from craft roasters. But bewleys is one of the better I found in Irish supermarkets.

Comment

You can buy Bewleys in Supervalu. You want a bag of ground coffee not beans. I’m sure there are better choices available from craft roasters. But bewleys is one of the better I found in Irish supermarkets.
                                                                                    Ah brilliant thank you!
                                                                                    If she wants fancy stuff she can buy it herself lol
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Lucky first word today, and the only word I could think of at all was right so got it in two. Of course I can think of a few more ways to get it wrong now but my brain had my back.

ck0gvE8.png

I was doing that but got bored after a few days, I had the same first two words, using a lot of the most common letters. Sometimes the outrage on social media also told you to not go for those words.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

The Tourist is straight garbage, one of the worst tv shows I've watched.

Really? I'm 5 out of 6 episodes in and am really enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Really? I'm 5 out of 6 episodes in and am really enjoying it.
                                                                                          It's just preposterous with some of the worst acting I've seen in ages from a vast majority of the cast. The wife would laugh at me because I was rolling my eyes so much at it.
                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Mayor of Kingstown was surprisingly good.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

It's just preposterous with some of the worst acting I've seen in ages from a vast majority of the cast. The wife would laugh at me because I was rolling my eyes so much at it.

You've changed since you got married

I've no issues with the acting - I think Dornan is very good in it and I like the some of the sub stories, especially between Helen & Ethan - I actually think Danielle MacDonald's performance in it is absolutely excellent.

The dark humour in it is great and visually, it is also very impressive - There is some fairly epic cinematic shots that don't come cheap so I'd imagine the budget wasn't small on it.

I'd be happy if there was a second series of it after next week final episode.

Comment

Jesus this coffee machine is costing a fortune. Between the coffee, barista oat milk and monin Syrup and then Moaning she needs a stainless steel jug. I threw her a pirex jug said that would do her to which she was having none of if that the milk wouldn't be heated correctly among other things. I did every single shop looking for a jug. Only place that has them is Argos at 23 fucking euro ​​​​​​

Well untill I get that she goes, I can't do a nice coffee or make a nice design on top

She's gone Into argos to get it.

Tell ya it better he a fucking work if art by the time she's finished!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                  Jesus this coffee machine is costing a fortune. Between the coffee, barista oat milk and monin Syrup and then Moaning she needs a stainless steel jug. I threw her a pirex jug said that would do her to which she was having none of if that the milk wouldn't be heated correctly among other things. I did every single shop looking for a jug. Only place that has them is Argos at 23 fucking euro ​​​​​​

Well untill I get that she goes, I can't do a nice coffee or make a nice design on top

She's gone Into argos to get it.

Tell ya it better he a fucking work if art by the time she's finished!
                                                                                                  You're being far too generous.

She's working. You've bought the machine and beans. If she wants accessories, off she pops to get them. Any complaints should be met with a swift "GTFO and buy it yourself" kick back and relax while she decides the gravy jug will do lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

You're being far too generous.

She's working. You've bought the machine and beans. If she wants accessories, off she pops to get them. Any complaints should be met with a swift "GTFO and buy it yourself" kick back and relax while she decides the gravy jug will do lol
                                                                                                    Having only got boys myself i can only imagine what daughters are like .( judging by my sisters ) Satnav has my sympathy .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Having only got boys myself i can only imagine what daughters are like .( judging by my sisters ) Satnav has my sympathy .
                                                                                                      Now take it a step further and imagine a SatNav and 2 younger versions of a SatNav.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        Any price on Russia crisis actually helping Joris?
                                                                                                        A don't change horses mid stream type thing
                                                                                                        This Russia Ukraine thing is gathering serious steam.
                                                                                                        US media visibily creaming themselves at the idea of tousling with the old bear again.
                                                                                                        Hard to see how Ukraine get out of this situation with significant cost of life or land, or both

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

This Russia Ukraine thing is gathering serious steam.
                                                                                                          US media visibily creaming themselves at the idea of tousling with the old bear again.
                                                                                                          Hard to see how Ukraine get out of this situation with significant cost of life or land, or both
                                                                                                          Never mind Ukraine, the Roooosians are conducting live fire exercises within our zone of influence.

Hitch is probably signalling them the plans to the Dail members bar for when the coup happens.

Comment

Jesus, it's death by a thousand leaks for Boris.

Cummings really is some operator.

Comment

Never mind Ukraine, the Roooosians are conducting live fire exercises within our zone of influence.

Hitch is probably signalling them the plans to the Dail members bar for when the coup happens.
                                                                                                              Seems too much to be a coincidence that the father in law is suddenly coming for a visit hitch is hosting spies now

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Coppers have got fierce strict!

Comment

Name change to Hitchov .

Will the rooskis ever tell us how they Diana'd Liam Lawlor and why.

Comment

I'd say if you took Gerry O'Carroll into a room and rolled up your sleeves you wouldn't be long getting a confession out of the lying scumbag

You'd think at his age he'd be man enough to realise its ok tell the truth

Comment

These lads have something decent going on, kind of like if Johnny Cooper Clarke had a funky punky Joy division clone backing him

Comment

Almost like The Streets and Arctic Monkeys did the needful but forgot the hooks.
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Question on revoult. I have exchanged euro into dollars leaving zero euro on card and have set currency to dollar showing xxx amount. Can I use card then in USA spending dollars or not. Confused
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X