Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to say Betfair resolved all the messing and put the loots back in my account again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Is that not just semantics? His party initially selected him for the PM role but so did the country when they voted in the GE back in 2019

Pubs in Fundalk don't close now at 8pm, you just need to be in before 8pm and leave out the back door when you feel like heading home
      Not really, as the country was voting could only vote on their local MPs. Only his constituency directly voted for him then.

#nitpickingforthewin

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Then you should be directing your pedantry at Rory Stewart rather then the poor innocent twitterer who is directly quoting him, in quotation marks no less
        Ironically, she was praising him for the statement ​​​​​
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

post is wrong two points, the country didn't select him for the PM role, his party did. Also did I miss the memo where Britain became a country?

But I guess that was your point??
          You've gone through the pedantry looking glass here a wee bit. It's rank nonsense to suggest the country did not select him as PM. The country knew, when they selected who they were voting for locally, what the effect of that would be in the appointment of a Prime Minister. Your criticism would have some more validity here, where the certainty of any individual being Taoiseach is more remote, but in the UK it follows like night and day. It is the natural and probable consequence of voting conservative.

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

You've gone through the pedantry looking glass here a wee bit. It's rank nonsense to suggest the country did not select him as PM. The country knew, when they selected who they were voting for locally, what the effect of that would be in the appointment of a Prime Minister. Your criticism would have some more validity here, where the certainty of any individual being Taoiseach is more remote, but in the UK it follows like night and day. It is the natural and probable consequence of voting conservative.
            Simply put; people looked at Boris and weighed him up against Corbyn. Then made a pretty overwhelming (in the context of FPP) decision.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

I can't belive how much time we've collectively wasted on this today, Pokerhand you should be ashamed of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I can't belive how much time we've collectively wasted on this today, Pokerhand you should be ashamed of yourself.
                The John Mcguirk faux outrage was better . Was eating my crispy toast through giggles . I say WP Pokerhand . WP

Comment

Masks until end of Feb for pretty much every other restriction lifted now is a decent compromise.

See you on the other side lads.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                    Masks until end of Feb for pretty much every other restriction lifted now is a decent compromise.

Should probably wait for the official statements but any idea of what that means for (a) schools and (b) workplaces?

I'm guessing a lot of management teams are now scrambling to work out their return to office plans.

Comment

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkk
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Should probably wait for the official statements but any idea of what that means for (a) schools and (b) workplaces?

I'm guessing a lot of management teams are now scrambling to work out their return to office plans.
                        Well I'll be tuning in at 6 to see what he says but I'd imagine they will keep the mask wearing in shops, public transport, schools and workplaces until they can see what effect lifting of restrictions has. If it's all good, masks go, if we see a surge, some restrictions come back. But that's just my hair brained opinion based on nothing really.

Comment

Then you should be directing your pedantry at Rory Stewart rather then the poor innocent twitterer who is directly quoting him, in quotation marks no less
                          I feel you haven't followed that particular twitterer. Odd is not the least of it.
                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Well I'll be tuning in at 6 to see what he says but I'd imagine they will keep the mask wearing in shops, public transport, schools and workplaces until they can see what effect lifting of restrictions has. If it's all good, masks go, if we see a surge, some restrictions come back. But that's just my hair brained opinion based on nothing really.
                            All gone.

Everything essentially gone, except masks, which are going at the end of Feb. You will finally be able to see your fellow students smirk at your classroom responses.

Edit: classic assumption by me that nobody had seen the largest breaking news in two years, and not reading back. I see this has been covered.

Its all over now baby.
                            Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-01-22, 17:34.

Comment

This seems pretty much bang on.

Masks still required where they currently are. Lift every other restriction. If no surge, masks gone in Feb.

Fat lady ready to go.

Comment

i wonder will the pub be open past 8 tonight - have a goo on

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  I hope Meholes address to the nation rises to the occasion this evening.

Yes, yes 'sacrifice, suffering blah blah' but please let it be optimistic and forward-looking.
                                  7/10 I thought (which is pretty much the top of his range). Struck the right balance I thought and allowed a bit of emotion to come through.

The real winner this week though was Tony Holohan. Literally no-one saw that NPHET letter coming in that form. WP Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    i wonder will the pub be open past 8 tonight - have a goo on
                                    Any pub I've been in recently have just shut the door at 8 and served away. One place even had a lad come to start playing music at half 9. Place was rocking when I left around midnight. If you're in before 8 I'd say you'll be grand for a "late one"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I feel you haven't followed that particular twitterer. Odd is not the least of it.
                                      Ah no, I have a good sense of the strangeness at play there. Not a bad bone in her just several levels of an almost charming sort of oddness.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Any pub I've been in recently have just shut the door at 8 and served away. One place even had a lad come to start playing music at half 9. Place was rocking when I left around midnight. If you're in before 8 I'd say you'll be grand for a "late one"
                                        Any pub I've been in has closed at 8pm sharp

Comment

Ah no, I have a good sense of the strangeness at play there. Not a bad bone in her just several levels of an almost charming sort of oddness.
                                          No you are right. That's a very nice and, I think, correct summary of her.

Comment

Ha!

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                              Ha!

Gone when the morning comes

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Gone when the morning comes
                                                V good Willie. Reply to him with that.

Comment

V good Willie. Reply to him with that.
                                                  It should come from a Tobin

Comment

One of us have been going to the wrong pubs

Comment

Weekend at Bernie's vibes https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-41265529.html
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                        If i ever drop dead ive love the kids to get me pension heard the soundbites earlier . classic

Comment

It's brilliant. You reckon it was done more for the craic, or do you think they thought they'd pull it off?

Comment

It's brilliant. You reckon it was done more for the craic, or do you think they thought they'd pull it off?
                                                            You'd kind of hope it was something they agreed among themselves over a skinful of pints.

Comment

You'd kind of hope it was something they agreed among themselves over a skinful of pints.
                                                              All of them?

Pity the fucker who drew the short straw.

Comment

+1 and the Guards had been through at 19:30 too just scoping

(I have been in one pub in a lonnnnnnng time)

Comment

All of them?

Pity the fucker who drew the short straw.
                                                                  If it was just about the money, they could have collected it for weeks by just forging his signature.

Comment

Last couple of days there have been a couple of funny stories about the insanity of just how crap tabloid ...can you even call it reporting has become from the bizarre defence of Johnson

FJiegtXXsAEON79?format=png&name=900x900.png

to trawling twitter for crappy jokes and calling them exclusives

?s=20

The po-faced sobriety of the IT's reporting of what has to be the most hilarious bizarre story of recent years is probably more surreal than either of those.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...sion-1.4782598

SPOILER
                                                                    Gardaí are investigating the death of an elderly man in Co Carlow, whose body was brought into a post office by two other men, in what appeared to be an attempt to claim the deceased’s man’s pension.

Initial reports indicate the body of the deceased was brought into the post office, which is located on Staplestown Road in Carlow town, propped up by two men.

It appeared the pair were attempting to collect the man’s pension, the source said. The body of the deceased was then left at the scene, when the two men fled after suspicions were raised.

A Garda spokesman confirmed gardaí were investigating “all the circumstances surrounding the unexplained death of an elderly male in the Carlow area”.

The spokesman said the services of the Garda technical bureau had been requested, and a post-mortem examination would be conducted by the Office of the State Pathologist. The results of the post-mortem would help determine the course of the investigation, the spokesman said.

The spokesman said the Garda Press Office could not provide further details.

It is understood when the group approached the post office counter, a concerned staff member enquired about the wellbeing of the man being propped up, at which point the two men dropped the man and left the post office, according to one source familiar with the incident. Staff then went to check on the man, and discovered he was deceased, to the shock of those at the scene, the source said.

A woman working in a beauty and nail salon across the road from the post office described the incident as “unbelievable”.

She was alerted to the commotion after seeing an ambulance and Garda cars outside the small post office, shortly before noon on Friday, she said. “It’s all anyone has been talking about … it is unbelievable,” she told The Irish Times.

The main focus of Garda inquiries at present is to try to identify the cause of the death of the man, with examinations also expected to give an estimate of around what time he died, Garda sources said.

The tabloids will have some sport with that on, rumor has it was a couple of junkies who are related to the deceased pensioner WTAF
                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 21-01-22, 20:36.

Comment

If it was just about the money, they could have collected it for weeks by just forging his signature.
                                                                      Assuming they weren't doing it for the craic you're assigning cognitive ability to a bunch of lads who propped a dead lad up in front of Mary at the post office.

Comment

Louie Anderson died today too. Surprised he was only 68.

Comment

Assuming they weren't doing it for the craic you're assigning cognitive ability to a bunch of lads who propped a dead lad up in front of Mary at the post office.
                                                                          I choose my imagined hilarity over the grim reality of life when I can

Comment

Mrs Lao Lao is staying in a mates gaff tonight. First time her mate has been child free for a night since she had the kid last May so bit of a girlie night in.

She was leaving home before I left work so she sent me a What's App of a picture of a bottle of wine that I really like that she'd bought and left on the kitchen table for me.

She's a keeper!

Comment

Cracking game between Quins and Castres

Few thing more beautiful in sport than the oul put in to the prop at the front of lineout and back to the hooker for the try while the defence stand there looking like gobshites

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                Mrs Lao Lao is staying in a mates gaff tonight. First time her mate has been child free for a night since she had the kid last May so bit of a girlie night in.

She was leaving home before I left work so she sent me a What's App of a picture of a bottle of wine that I really like that she'd bought and left on the kitchen table for me.

She's a keeper!
                                                                                Are ye married or in the first throws off it or what?

Id be left a note to make sure and get panty liners just so i'd be forced to trawl that isle for 30 mins not having a fucking clue what i was looking at.
                                                                                Last edited by Dice75; 21-01-22, 21:35.

Comment

24 hours left for entries in for 2022 Multi Sport Competition.

Simply predict the winners of the biggest sporting events of the year, and score points. Most points at the end of the year wins the money.

2022 Multi Sport Competition - Irish Poker Boards

Comment

Are ye married or in the first throws off it or what?

Id be left a note to make sure and get panty liners just so i'd be forced to trawl that isle for 30 mins not having a fucking clue what i was looking at.
                                                                                    Together eight years, married two and a half

Comment

Cracking game between Quins and Castres

Few thing more beautiful in sport than the oul put in to the prop at the front of lineout and back to the hooker for the try while the defence stand there looking like gobshites
                                                                                      Think the ref made the wrong call at the end

SPOILER
                                                                                      Never mind the clear forward pass earlier, for the try the rear angle shows clear separation short of the line.

Comment

I got a great bargain for upcoming break when I see these prices now!! Done mine through cassidy travel an offer I saw in fb last year
                                                                                        I got flights and both hotels for 1800 for 8 nights for two.
                                                                                        Aliz fucking awful reviews but hopefully I won't be spending too much time in it.

Looking forward to Vegas for the first time.
                                                                                        Any tips please let me know!
                                                                                        IMG_20220121_224629.jpg IMG_20220121_224641.jpg

Last edited by SatNav; 21-01-22, 22:47.
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Fucking typical of the run I'm on. Pubs and clubs fully open tomorrow and I'm stuck in Jameses hospital*. Fucking A&E was like Baghdad. I've a year's worth of stories to tell from 30 hours in that madhouse.

*I'm fine, doc thought I might have appendicitis but it turned out to be diverticulitis
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                            Fucking typical of the run I'm on. Pubs and clubs fully open tomorrow and I'm stuck in Jameses hospital*. Fucking A&E was like Baghdad. I've a year's worth of stories to tell from 30 hours in that madhouse.

*I'm fine, doc thought I might have appendicitis but it turned out to be diverticulitis
                                                                                            Your timing is hilarious m8.
                                                                                            Diverticulitis nearly killed brock lesnar so you are obviously as hard as coffin nails
                                                                                            ​​

​​
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Thats a great name for a disease.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Your timing is hilarious m8.
                                                                                                Diverticulitis nearly killed brock lesnar so you are obviously as hard as coffin nails
                                                                                                ​​

​​
                                                                                                Cnut of a thing: caused me to think I was for the box on a flight to NY a few years ago. Straight off the plane and onto an ambulance whizzed to Jamaica Hospital in Queens. In my c.18 hours there was completely drugged up but remember some sights like a bullet wounded black guy so big his knees were over the end of the stretcher that he was being wheeled in on and handcuffed to and detective beside him. I remember saying to herself 'well you wanted to experience the real NY' and getting a pretty tasty reply. Released with a bag of powerful medicine, slept for a day and then had a ball/

Comment

Jessup is about to take the stand on RTE 2 . Bet the fucker ordered the code red

Comment

I don't really follow Covid news stuff too closely so I find myself at a bit of a loss to understand why all those restrictions are going when there are still thousands of new cases per day.

Have the ICU wards emptied or something?

Comment

Get well soon Andy Pandy

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                        I don't really follow Covid news stuff too closely so I find myself at a bit of a loss to understand why all those restrictions are going when there are still thousands of new cases per day.

Think we peaked at about 27k cases about 2 weeks ago and barley went over 100 in ICU. It's all over bar the shouting with Omicron.

Cases dropping by a thousand or 2 a day. 11k today I think and didnt see the ICU numbers but would guess about 90ish. But compared to when we were getting 2k cases and 200 in ICU we are in a hell of a lot better position.

Open it up.

Comment

I'd assume the projections are that hospitalisations have already peaked or are very close to peak, and we can manage the expected load from here.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Vaccinations have been a roaring success for this pandemic . Not sure everyone was happy about that .

Comment

The Apprentice Episode 3

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Project manager of the winning team absolutely knocked it out of the park. Sold piss in a bottle through concentrating on creating a great brand. And he was absolutely spot on. The task wasn't to create a drink that will sell in ten years time, it was to create something that stores will trial. Has to be the brand every day of the week. Even got Sugar to compliment the digital marketing, in possibly his first ever compliment.

Comment

I think they have enough reassurance that its over. Tony has been quite conservative throughout this thing, which is great imo, compared to the frenetic decision changes of the UK. So, he is looking at this data and sees quite clearly we're done. I think we take it as pure good news. People we trust, broadly, have said its good to go back to normal again.

Comment

Hey - whats a meal 'event' I can bring the father in law out to when he is over next week. I wonder would it be something like Johnny Foxes? He doesn't like eating out for the sake of it, so it would need to be some substantial reason. Like the 'best' Irish thing. The 'most' Irish thing. Something like that, if you get me? Where would that be? A Bunratty Castle feast of Dublin, if you will. But decent quality also.

Edit: nevermind, answered my own question. Booked the Johnnie Foxes hooley night for the Saturday.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 22-01-22, 00:51.

Comment

Wordle 217 3/6

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

I'd assume the projections are that hospitalisations have already peaked or are very close to peak, and we can manage the expected load from here.
                                                                                                                      Just to add to this. Covid is finally, after all this time, wait for it, drumroll....

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      just a flu!

Comment

... One last plug for the 2022 celebrity deathpool... https://www.irishpokerboards.com/for...ity-death-pool

...6 people in so far...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          Hey - whats a meal 'event' I can bring the father in law out to when he is over next week. I wonder would it be something like Johnny Foxes? He doesn't like eating out for the sake of it, so it would need to be some substantial reason. Like the 'best' Irish thing. The 'most' Irish thing. Something like that, if you get me? Where would that be? A Bunratty Castle feast of Dublin, if you will. But decent quality also.

Edit: nevermind, answered my own question. Booked the Johnnie Foxes hooley night for the Saturday.
                                                                                                                          I managed to mistakenly book this for when I am abroad (two weekends time), for when my father in law is here (next weekend) when booking this, and they aren't running anything on Jan 29th. Anyone any idea of something proper Irish, a bit of an event, that I could book in its place?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X