This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Hotspur's thoughts on how people will handle 'the end of all this' would be interesting.

Everyone living in a state of tension for 2 years and then told 'all grand now', you would imagine some would find it very discombobulating.
    The one thing I'm really looking forward to is optional mask wearing again. It's the only thing I've really struggled with and I have hated every second of wearing it. I'm not sure why its bothered me so much but I've never been able to get comfortable with it.

Apart from that I'm ready for pre-pandemic normality to resume

Comment

Its great. Thank you Tony for guiding us through it. And the moment it could be safely lifted he did. Some man IMHO. Summer was a bit of a shambles, but even the best can't bat 20/20, or whatever people bat.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'm looking forward to not giving a fuck when someone else isn't wearing a mask.

Also looking forward to the end of antivaxxers. They're safe now to head back to the oul racism.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Would also be very cautious about saying it's the end. Who knows what's ahead.

Comment

I hate those stupid articles that always accompany these dates "Restauranteurs demand to open three days early - we can't wait". Fuck off. During the summer they were saying they would have to have two weeks notice of reopening so they could get their supplies in. Its not about not feeling an element of sympathy for them, its how the news cycle then immediately pivots away from the good news towards these complaining side stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Would also be very cautious about saying it's the end. Who knows what's ahead.
              If it helps, I could bet with Roaul that its definitely not the end, and that might set everyone's mind at ease given his success rate (despite frequently flawed logic, such is the private sector way)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                I hate those stupid articles that always accompany these dates "Restauranteurs demand to open three days early - we can't wait". Fuck off. During the summer they were saying they would have to have two weeks notice of reopening so they could get their supplies in. Its not about not feeling an element of sympathy for them, its how the news cycle then immediately pivots away from the good news towards these complaining side stories.
                Was the same with the bonus for frontline workers.

'What about <insert edge case of your choice>? Whinge, whine.'

Anyway, what pub are you taking me to buy me €50 worth of the finest booze?
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Going back to...shaking hands.

Must practice my grip. Gulp.

Comment

As I was writing to Raoul there 'can I rev you the money', it occurred to me I don't actually know if 'can I rev you' is a common shorthand for revolut - is it? Maybe 'can I revolutionise you' is the accepted form?

Comment

I'm looking forward to not giving a fuck when someone else isn't wearing a mask.

Also looking forward to the end of antivaxxers. They're safe now to head back to the oul racism.
                      Im sure the more extreme of the "antivaxxers" will be only ramping up.

Never got why so many are classed as antivaxxers either, its like everything has to be one extreme or another these days.

I dont drink coffee but wouldn't class myself as anti-coffee

Comment

As I was writing to Raoul there 'can I rev you the money', it occurred to me I don't actually know if 'can I rev you' is a common shorthand for revolut - is it? Maybe 'can I revolutionise you' is the accepted form?
                        A simple typo makes it more intelligible.

'Can I revolt you?'

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Never got why so many are classed as antivaxxers either, its like everything has to be one extreme or another these days.

12 years here and you've been hiding that bombshell all along. I would have assumed, given your penchant for a party, that you are permanently caffeinated to get back together again in the mornings.

Comment

Ach, it's the shouty ones I'm talking about.

If you were ranting all the time on twitter about how shit coffee is you'd be A an anticoffeeer and B wrong.

A couple of lads in work not vaxxed but just don't talk about it. Wouldn't class them as antivax.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

The one thing I'm really looking forward to is optional mask wearing again. It's the only thing I've really struggled with and I have hated every second of wearing it. I'm not sure why its bothered me so much but I've never been able to get comfortable with it.

Apart from that I'm ready for pre-pandemic normality to resume
                              I will actually miss the mask =
                              Great for covering the saggy jaw line
                              Fantastic for breathing exercises if a little anxious
                              Keeps me warm on a cold day
                              Couldn't tell ya the last time I bought a lipstick
                              Muttering under my breath " go fuck yourself" to a customer
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1711193&d=1642718653&type=thumb
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

A simple typo makes it more intelligible.

'Can I revolt you?'
                                  Reminds me of a quick wit quip my aunt made one year.

A party in her house, years before the smoking ban. She made a rule that all the smokers needed to go outside to smoke. Pretty extreme at the time, think it was Xmas too, so cold.

My uncle was having a friendly row with her about it and said 'Siobhán, the smokers are going to revolt'

Quick as a dart she replied.

'Smokers are already revolting'

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

I will actually miss the mask =
                                    Great for covering the saggy jaw line
                                    Fantastic for breathing exercises if a little anxious
                                    Keeps me warm on a cold day
                                    Couldn't tell ya the last time I bought a lipstick
                                    Muttering under my breath " go fuck yourself" to a customer
                                    You don't get a whack of bad breath off people either.

Comment

The plumber is still here, but tomorrow should be his last day. I consider him the errant kid of the family at this stage, although an extravagantly more expensive child than the other two. In fairness, he seems to have come good in the end. Full bathroom outfit upstairs, installed a toilet in the cupboard under the stairs, and then the rather brutal job of running water out to the garage for the washing machine and dryer. All the little niggles we had about finishes, that we muttered under our breaths about, he seems to have worked them out himself. A deeply flawed individual, but come good at the end of the day.

He was saying he priced up a job in September for erecting a type of granny flat, as he does a lot of that type of stuff, and got a quote for the materials of €19,000 at the time. Went back to reprice it last week, as its only getting to the job stage now, and the same materials are €24,000. jaysus.

The next stage in the house is the garage, turning it into an office. The father in law is over the week after next and seemed genuinely delighted with the wifes idea that he do the garage. Or indeed that we do it together, with me perhaps being allowed to bring in coffee and biscuits, or hand him nails.

Comment

You don't get a whack of bad breath off people either.
                                        Are we going to have to start brushing our teeth again? ffs

Comment

Wonder how jbravado feels about the end of the tunnel. Gotta be feeling good right ? Someone send out the bat signal.

Comment

Are we going to have to start brushing our teeth again? ffs
                                            Speaking of which, I found out just this week that you're not meant to rinse your mouth after brushing. You're supposed to just spit and wipe your mouth and let the toothpaste sit on your teeth.

Anyone else know this?

Also, was at the dentist last week and he said once you hit your mid forties if you don't introduce a regular flossing routine you are pretty much nailed on to lose teeth.

Yikes. Hate flossing. Buying one of those water jet yokes.

Comment

@Solskaer & Lazare.

Heading down to Limerick for the Pokerz next month.

Mustard Seed still be the best dinner around
                                              or is there somewhere closer to town
                                              that is close in terms of quality?

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                @Solskaer & Lazare.

Ah, we live in Newcastle Co Dublin.

Comment

@Solskaer & Lazare.

Da Poiteen do a great cavery but still a bit of a drive so go for the large chicken wings .

Comment

Am I wrong in assuming you thought we lived in Newcastle West?

Comment

Well, not drinking coffee is a perfectly reasonable thing.

Not vaxing against a potentially deadly, very contagious disease that has kept us in lockdown for most of two years, killed millions and severely affected many millions more worldwide; probably isn't in the majority of cases.

Comment

Yep, not even sure why I thought that.
                                                        Apologies for any offence .....
                                                        ya feckin' culchie.

Comment

Going back to...shaking hands.

Must practice my grip. Gulp.
                                                          Lot of people have been working for home for 2 years - your hand strength is the not the issue

Comment

He was saying he priced up a job in September for erecting a type of granny flat, as he does a lot of that type of stuff, and got a quote for the materials of €19,000 at the time. Went back to reprice it last week, as its only getting to the job stage now, and the same materials are €24,000. jaysus.
                                                            One of my contractors had a subcontractor price a stair last year. $30k.
                                                            Only got around to signing him up now, and the re-price was $100k

Obvious he made a balls of the original price, and was using the re-price opportunity to correct his work.

Comment

Wordle today is an absolute douzie.
                                                              Took me 5 guesses and tbf I'm not sure if I'm proud or deeply deeply ashamed.
                                                              Had the 1st 4 letters on guess number 3
                                                              & bottled it by trying a different option.
                                                              Last edited by DeeBrown; 21-01-22, 04:07.

Comment

Wordle today is an absolute douzie.
                                                                Took me 5 guesses and tbf I'm not sure if I'm proud or deeply deeply ashamed.
                                                                Had the 1st 4 letters on guess number 3
                                                                & bottled it by trying a different option.
                                                                Been doing it with the youngest over breakfast all week. They do it in school on the blackboard so she's been claiming victory all week although I'm sure they teacher smells a rat by now.

4, although we went for the wrong option of our 2 possibles on 3.

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;n1711209]

Been doing it with the youngest over breakfast all week. They do it in school on the blackboard so she's been claiming victory all week although I'm sure they teacher smells a rat by now.

2 x Green on attempt oneso quite annoyed to take 4. Need to up my game on getting a 3s.

Should have got it one in as
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  it was the second word uttered at me this morning
                                                                  Last edited by Dice75; 21-01-22, 08:08.

Comment

One of the best Albums ever made imo . Marmite i guess.

For Crying out Loud - RIP MEATLOAF .

Comment

This tune is just amazing imo

Comment

I hope Meholes address to the nation rises to the occasion this evening.

Yes, yes 'sacrifice, suffering blah blah' but please let it be optimistic and forward-looking.

Comment

Screenshot_20220121-085644__01.jpg
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Been listening to Meat Loaf belters all morning. Some set of pipes. I personally love Jim Steinman's mad over-the-top rock opera bombastic style of songwriting, I'm 100% sure that music purists must think it's trash but throw a few thunder rolls and explosions in there and I'm grinning from ear to ear.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                              Been listening to Meat Loaf belters all morning. Some set of pipes. I personally love Jim Steinman's mad over-the-top rock opera bombastic style of songwriting, I'm 100% sure that music purists must think it's trash but throw a few thunder rolls and explosions in there and I'm grinning from ear to ear.

The purists ? What is that anyway? For theatre , performance, vocals , lyrics , passion etc. Few can touch that BOOH album. If there are purists this would be right up there .

I think somebody somewhere must be tolling the bell and the last thing i see is my heart still beating , breaking out of my body and flying away.....

Comment

Wordle 216 3/6

Hint - Trump

Not displaying properly when pasted.
                                                                                Last edited by dinekes; 21-01-22, 10:01.

Comment

I hope Meholes address to the nation rises to the occasion this evening.

Yes, yes 'sacrifice, suffering blah blah' but please let it be optimistic and forward-looking.
                                                                                  Oh God hes not doing another one of these is he.
                                                                                  Assume Tubridy will be delivering his own version given he appointed himself covid morale spokesman.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    Nearly got it with my 2nd guess so close .

Comment

4, although we went for the wrong option of our 2 possibles on 3.
                                                                                      Is daddy not a little worried about what his little angel
                                                                                      might say to the teacher today?

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Will they be announcing and end to the Luke o Neill and Sam mcconkey surge also?
                                                                                          at least Kingston mills didn’t come across as such a hungry fucker- I might be being a bit harsh to McKinley but o neill is unbearable
                                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

A master at work.

f15MRyd.png

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                              Wordle 216 3/6

Hint - Trump

Ok I figured this out for those that are interested in this kind of thing.
                                                                                              The current latin character set of the db doens't support UTF-8 characters (mobile emojis to make it easy)
                                                                                              We'd need to convert database and tables to allow these.
                                                                                              I'm currently up to my fucking tonsils with this redundancy situation. Insurance run offs are quite complicated
                                                                                              and as such don't really have the time to make the change.
                                                                                              In the meantime, you could do a screenshot/upload the results or use a javascript bookmarklet to generate an image to post.

I'm in two minds what to do about it really. Obviously it;s not really urgent but it's an interesting problem.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                post is wrong two points, the country didn't select him for the PM role, his party did. Also did I miss the memo where Britain became a country?

But I guess that was your point??
                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Any price on Russia crisis actually helping Joris?
                                                                                                  A don't change horses mid stream type thing

Comment

DeadParrot

It's a minor issue DP, at least I can just keep typing in 3/6 until they catch on!
                                                                                                    Good luck on the job front whatever route you take.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

post is wrong two points, the country didn't select him for the PM role, his party did. Also did I miss the memo where Britain became a country?

That's some impressive pedantic nitpicking.

Comment

Depending on what our glorius leader announces later might pull the trigger on a trip to Fundalk races next Friday. €110 for hotel and restaurant at the track not too out of the way and then dodge the bullets in "the town" after racing finishes at 7pm till closing

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                          Wordle 216 3/6

Hint - Trump

Feck off with hints. You gave it away.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Ok I figured this out for those that are interested in this kind of thing.
                                                                                                            The current latin character set of the db doens't support UTF-8 characters (mobile emojis to make it easy)
                                                                                                            We'd need to convert database and tables to allow these.
                                                                                                            I'm currently up to my fucking tonsils with this redundancy situation. Insurance run offs are quite complicated
                                                                                                            and as such don't really have the time to make the change.
                                                                                                            In the meantime, you could do a screenshot/upload the results or use a javascript bookmarklet to generate an image to post.

I'm in two minds what to do about it really. Obviously it;s not really urgent but it's an interesting problem.
                                                                                                            I'd say don't do it if it will allow emojis to be posted.

Comment

Any time I've visited a forum that allows emojis, particularly animated ones I've wanted to spoon my eyes out.

Soulless shit.

Comment

Depending on what our glorius leader announces later might pull the trigger on a trip to Fundalk races next Friday. €110 for hotel and restaurant at the track not too out of the way and then dodge the bullets in "the town" after racing finishes at 7pm till closing
                                                                                                                Do they not still have the hounds doing laps straight after to keep the dedicated Degens happy?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

That's some impressive pedantic nitpicking.
                                                                                                                  Thanks, however the twitterer is a doctor and a former diplomat, so think fair to call out that expecially when it makes her second point looks invalid.
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Thyestes Thursday for me
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thanks, however the twitterer is a doctor and a former diplomat, so think fair to call out that expecially when it makes her second point looks invalid.
                                                                                                                      Then you should be directing your pedantry at Rory Stewart rather then the poor innocent twitterer who is directly quoting him, in quotation marks no less
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Is that not just semantics? His party initially selected him for the PM role but so did the country when they voted in the GE back in 2019

Pubs in Fundalk don't close now at 8pm, you just need to be in before 8pm and leave out the back door when you feel like heading home

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

Do they not still have the hounds doing laps straight after to keep the dedicated Degens happy?
                                                                                                                          Not with Covid due to closing times, rather go to the pub after nags anyway

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X