• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Degag View Post

You need to get yourself a local
    Anesthetic?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Ole's next project?

That's the most bonkers thing I've ever seen.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Started a new tack with Wordle of focusing more on consonants with the first word. Was trying to get at least two different vowels in there but if you happen to nab a couple of consonants in the first word you're in great shape.

Comment

Worked in a bar for years. Sorting bottles was by far my least favourite part of the job. Not a whole pile of fun in trying to do said job with about 20 sugar hungry, manic aggressive wasps attacking all the time.

Somehow never got stung but got huge pleasure in trapping them with bottle caps when they decided to venture down into the empty bottles.
          Had something like 18 warts on my hands when I was about 19 that I've always felt developed from doing the bottles. Rotten work.

Had them for a few years, trying everything to get rid then went on a sun holiday. Not sure whether it was a combo of the sun and seawater but they disappeared over the course of about four days. Can still remember how happy it made me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Started a new tack with Wordle of focusing more on consonants with the first word. Was trying to get at least two different vowels in there but if you happen to nab a couple of consonants in the first word you're in great shape.
            Im still to get a word before 4 attempts, which is annoying. Have not failed to get it yet though at the same time.

Such a lovely game, what makes it is that there is only one word a day. If you had multiple attempts, we would probably never have heard of it.. Just proves the small, little things are sometimes the most effective.

Comment

Im still to get a word before 4 attempts, which is annoying. Have not failed to get it yet though at the same time.

Such a lovely game, what makes it is that there is only one word a day. If you had multiple attempts, we would probably never have heard of it.. Just proves the small, little things are sometimes the most effective.
              Yeah it's really good. Wholesome stuff. Love how there's no monetisation of it, the guy that created it just wants people to enjoy it.

His name is Josh Wardle which is funny. The A is grey.

Purposefully a play on his name but still cool.

Comment

Yeah it's really good. Wholesome stuff. Love how there's no monetisation of it, the guy that created it just wants people to enjoy it.

His name is Josh Wardle which is funny. The A is grey.

Purposefully a play on his name but still cool.
                Yeah, i read an article about him the other day. Apparently feeling alot of pressure due to its' success, not entirely sure why, but who am i to judge. Probably getting a lot of offers to monotonise it even though he apparently doesn't want to.

Which got me to thinking... if he didn't want to bastardise it by placing adverts on it etc... would he still make money out of it? I mean, it sounds like he doesn't need money; i'd say you wouldn't exactly need to be a shit-hot software developer to develop it, but at the same time he's probably uber-competent......it'd be kinda be a shame if he didn't get some reward though?

Comment

Got it on third line today. I hate this game.
                  Does anyone play it on hard mode where you must keep picking correctly revealed letters?
                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Got it on third line today. I hate this game.
                    Does anyone play it on hard mode where you must keep picking correctly revealed letters?
                    Been wondering what exactly that meant. Does it mean you can't reuse letters that are grey?

I've been playing it that way all along if so.

Comment

Been wondering what exactly that meant. Does it mean you can't reuse letters that are grey?

So have I, barring when i've been totally stumped.

Presume that's the way it's meant to be played and the obvious EV way of doing so?

Comment

I'll sometimes put a fake word in to get a visual of the end of a word, might cover the screen to hide the first two letters.

Put in LANCH the other day and lost a turn. Turns out it's an actual word. Think I hit enter out of habit.

A dialectal variant of LANCE apparently.

Comment

I think it means if you reveal let's say T as 1st position, all subsequent guesses you use must have T in the first position.

I think it's hard.
                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;n1710717]Reading between the lines of the news, it seems like the Guards are very confident the perpetrator is the guy currently hospitalised in Dublin?[/Fresh off the press from Tullamore:
                            They have the guy. His brother drives a taxi in Dublin and he came to Tullamore and collected him to get him away from the scene. His was badly wounded, he went to tallaght hospital and that is how the guards got him. They had an alert raised with all hospitals. The brother's taxi was impounded. He stabbed her, strangled her and she put up a massive fight and stabbed him back.

one of the rumours doing the lines

Comment

Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post

Its seems unusal that the deceased is consistently referred to on a first name basis in media reports. Its at odds with the standard convention of Ms This or Mr That in news reporting. This suggests an inorganic aspect in the tone of some of the coverage to me at least.
                              On first glance, this appears a piss take.
                              There's something insincere with the font and the tone imo
                              IMG-20220114-WA0003.jpg
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

[QUOTE=balfejohn;n1710748]
                                Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                Reading between the lines of the news, it seems like the Guards are very confident the perpetrator is the guy currently hospitalised in Dublin?[/Fresh off the press from Tullamore:
                                They have the guy. His brother drives a taxi in Dublin and he came to Tullamore and collected him to get him away from the scene. His was badly wounded, he went to tallaght hospital and that is how the guards got him. They had an alert raised with all hospitals. The brother's taxi was impounded. He stabbed her, strangled her and she put up a massive fight and stabbed him back.

one of the rumours doing the lines
                                There's a heap of conflicting rumours.
                                The Syrian one was pretty transparent
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I think it means if you reveal let's say T as 1st position, all subsequent guesses you use must have T in the first position.

I think it's hard.
                                  Isn't that what everyone does?

Wordle 212 4/6

⬜⬜

Comment

Same starting word to eliminate popular vowels and consonants is my approach.
                                    Was using 'Daily'
                                    Something like ropes or tidal might be better though

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

On first glance, this appears a piss take.
                                      There's something insincere with the font and the tone imo
                                      IMG-20220114-WA0003.jpg
                                      Wheres that from cos whatever gobshite made it has spelt her name wrong. A pet hate of mine when it takes 2 seconds to look it up.

Comment

Chillax Dubby .

( thats what they call him in Kerry nowadays anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                          Chillax Dubby .

We should do some IPB renaming

Raoul Puke III
                                          Gimmeasteak

etc
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Isn't that what everyone does?

Wordle 212 4/6

⬜⬜
                                            Not me anyway, in the first 3 attempts I generally want to use 15 completely different letters, unless I have enough revealed to guess the right word.
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

We should do some IPB renaming

Raoul Puke III
                                              Gimmeasteak

etc
                                              Hector Jenny
                                              Lizare

Comment

First time playing this morning, I guess I'll just retire now

SPOILER

Comment

You dont see many men running along with the car and jumping into it to start is anymore . It was a skill to behold when i were a lad .

Comment

Chillax Dubby .

You've no idea how close you actually are with that. Sick of telling lads I dont live in Dublin when I'm at home. Dont ever see myself living in Dublin tbh, I'm close enough as it is.

Comment

Was using 'Daily'
                                                      I'm starting to aim for words with 4x consonants and 1x vowel. Like 'first'.

If you bink two consonants you're pretty nailed on to get it in three. It can obv go wrong and you get nothing. Although that happened me before and I was lucky enough with the second word to get it in three.

Comment

I got wordle in 2 today, a lucky guess on that words obviously having only binked 2 yellows in word 1. Still nice.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Wheres that from cos whatever gobshite made it has spelt her name wrong. A pet hate of mine when it takes 2 seconds to look it up.
                                                          twitter/telegram/whatsapp/facebook
                                                          Seen it loads of places.

Comment

I think it's hard.
                                                            Why would you deliberately put a letter in the wrong place when you know the correct letter to put there?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Why would you deliberately put a letter in the wrong place when you know the correct letter to put there?
                                                              Yup. Indexation increases query performance

Comment

See Lazare, if you wanted to get better traction on things men could do to alleviate women's fears you should have packaged the suggestions as a Wordle.

Comment

Comment

Not sure I'd be using that individual as any kind of source Solks....
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Not sure I'd be using that individual as any kind of source Solks....
                                                                      I mentioned that earlier however im not judging the article on the author im judging it on its content . Which is excellent.

I know he was a Trumper .

Comment

I mentioned that earlier however im not judging the article on the author im judging it on its content . Which is excellent.

Won't be reading the opinion of a Youth Defence cunt tbh.

Comment

Was using 'Daily'
                                                                          TEARS

is the optimal word then you can change strategy on whether you are using hard mode and how the first word lit up

QUOIT can be a useful second line if you get a blank on the first.
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Won't be reading the opinion of a Youth Defence cunt tbh.
                                                                            Would be easy to pick the bones out of it so.

Its a great article . You should read it . as George Michael said-> Listen without Prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              Anyone have any good experiences with buying reading glasses online? I know people buy contact lenses online, wondering if it's worth my while doing the same for a couple of spare pairs of specs.
                                                                              My glasses were €200 cheaper on spex4less than in specsavers, they're perfect.

Comment

Its a great article . You should read it . as George Michael said-> Listen without Prejudice.
                                                                                Obvious enough agenda Solks tbf. He’s essentially complaining that his way of describing the case hasn’t been echoed in the media, and like all these pieces there’s enough in it to make it sound reasonable, but I’d hazard a guess the bolder bits below get to what reallys annoys him. I’d agree that there are surely people jumping on the bandwagon to further other agendas but in reality he’s doing the same thing.

Nor has there been any room to push back on the narrative that Irish menare collectively partly to blame, even though it is, in this case, patent nonsense. Point out that the prime suspect is not Irish, was not educated in Ireland, or steeped in Irish culture, and you will be called a racist. Point out that OECD figures show that violence against women is a metric on which Ireland does very well internationally, and you will be accused of missing the point, or minimising the problem. Of course, every parent agrees that it is important to raise sons (and daughters) to respect each other. Of course, we all stand opposed to violence – or even plain loutery – against women. But the idea that this is a cultural issue is offensively absurd, more so when it transpires that the primary suspect grew up on the other side of Europe.

Comment

This happens an awful lot here (and I'm sure I do it too), but this isn't an excellent article, it's just one you happen to agree with.

Comment

For wordle you can choose words that have the most common letters in words for the first two but it takes a lot of the fun I guess. I've just started but mostly do hard mode now for fun. Did shit today though:

o02XwfW.png

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

This happens an awful lot here (and I'm sure I do it too), but this isn't an excellent article, it's just one you happen to agree with.

Similarly.
                                                                                      You dont agree with it doesnt make it less of an excellent article .

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                        Obvious enough agenda Solks tbf. He’s essentially complaining that his way of describing the case hasn’t been echoed in the media, and like all these pieces there’s enough in it to make it sound reasonable, but I’d hazard a guess the bolder bits below get to what reallys annoys him. I’d agree that there are surely people jumping on the bandwagon to further other agendas but in reality he’s doing the same thing.

[/B]
                                                                                        These points do not negate the rest of it. At least you read it.

Comment

I'm not interested in that man's opinion. Tbh, I want to opt out now of the conversation, in here.

Didn't do me much good.

Let's chat about Wordle

Comment

I'm not interested in that man's opinion. Tbh, I want to opt out now of the conversation, in here.

Didn't do me much good.

Let's chat about Wordle
                                                                                            My average seems to be 4.5 which i am not happy about

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

My average seems to be 4.5 which i am not happy about
                                                                                              I almost asked you the other day on twitter when you put up a 3 'did you beat your wife?' Until I read it back.
                                                                                              Jaysis

Comment

Didn't do me much good.

Let's chat about Wordle
                                                                                                Was wondering why the missus was in hysterics this morning.
                                                                                                A mum was left in hysterics when she realised she'd given her son the wrong packed lunch. She shared the blunder on Mumsnet where users shared stories of their own

Comment

Ha! Kid ate a tub of grease. Jaysus

Comment

They do because they're not true now are they? The man he is referring to was released and no longer considered a suspect before that article was released. He could have amended it surely?

The rest of his points are just waffle and point scoring against people he disagrees with. Or at least that's how it reads

Comment

Tbh, I want to opt out now of the conversation, in here.
                                                                                                      You want to opt out of the conversation at the point where someone has produced a strong cogent argument against your opinion? OK.

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

It's the same thing really imo.
                                                                                                        There's a level of shrillness on the extremes of each side (enforced curfews and designation safe spaces for example)and there's the vast majority of us in the middle who aren't willfully ignorant of the experiences of women, might think a little on if they can personally do more and know they are largely not the target of ire.

Recognizing agendas such as the bloke from gript in important. The clamour is gender based. He's the one putting a racial/cultural spin on it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

You want to opt out of the conversation at the point where someone has produced a strong cogent argument against your opinion? OK.
                                                                                                          I gave three days of engagement with everyone that responded to me. I'm not reading an article written by Youth Defence. Not giving a click to Gript media.

I'm not going to be swayed by the views of a right wing conservative catholic.

From the bit Joe quoted, other than the racist dog whistle, his point was made already in here.

The conversation didn't do my head good, so I'm exiting it.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

They do because they're not true now are they? The man he is referring to was released and no longer considered a suspect before that article was released. He could have amended it surely?

The rest of his points are just waffle and point scoring against people he disagrees with. Or at least that's how it reads
                                                                                                            I'm not 100% but this but there was a Romanian man who was released the day of the crime, but now there's a Syrian man in hospital who is the prime suspect. McGuirk's point is genuine and valid. The culture that activists are claiming needs radical change is not the culture that produced the prime suspect of this crime.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Got two consonants and a vowel in the first word, in wrong spots.
                                                                                                              Ended up getting it in five though. Had a shot at 3 though, coinflips.

Comment

For me it does because you realise the agenda he has, there’s always enough truth in these types of articles to make it sound reasonable when the subtext is the real text. To be fair it’s exactly what some are doing on the other side too, but its ironic that he’s using the very same approach as a way to criticise them.

It’s exactly why Laz has been getting stick all week in that some are dressing up a reasonable view like “hey lads here’s a few things to be aware of when you’re out and about“ and extrapolating it the argument to all men are responsible for the crimes of the few. Those who disagree with the latter will point to the former as to why the point is ok. (Laz isn’t doing this but is take stick for those that are IMO)

Comment

I gave three days of engagement with everyone that responded to me. I'm not reading an article written by Youth Defence. Not giving a click to Gript media.

I'm not going to be swayed by the views of a right wing conservative catholic.

From the bit Joe quoted, other than the racist dog whistle, his point was made already in here.

The conversation didn't do my head good, so I'm exiting it.
                                                                                                                  I haven’t really engaged with you on it, but I’d enjoy a park run some Saturday like before and we’ll talk the legs off it!

Comment

[/B]
                                                                                                                    Indeed, and its not just those bits you highlight that are troubling or just the bandwagoning but you get what you expect when you give a not very bright extreme right catholic like him an open goal.

Its what RDIII said yesterday (in extremis) about how this kind of thing opens up the road to the Trump's (LePen, Farrage, Ganley Quinn and McGurk's) of the world. The way the conversation was delivered on SM and RTE over the weekend was constructed to shut down discussion or any subtlety and that creates fertile breeding ground for these kind of people.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 17-01-22, 13:59.
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm not 100% but this but there was a Romanian man who was released the day of the crime, but now there's a Syrian man in hospital who is the prime suspect. McGuirk's point is genuine and valid. The culture that activists are claiming needs radical change is not the culture that produced the prime suspect of this crime.
                                                                                                                      Fuck it. I have to respond. Jesus christ though, have you read what I've been saying at all? No?

This girl's murder started a broader conversation.

A conversation about how women feel general fear of men. In everyday life, excersising, walking home, getting a taxi.

My whole point, a simple point, is that it would be helpful for more good men to be aware that that fear exists, whether it's based on statistical reality or not.

That awareness may do a little to help reduce it. Hitch argued it won't, and that's fine. I'm finished arguing it now.

I've said multiple times that I'm not looking to reach dangerous psychopaths.

I've also made it clear that I'm preaching mostly to the choir in here with that point.

It's mind numbingly frustrating that after three days people still are arguing something I haven't said.

Comment

For me it does because you realise the agenda he has, there’s always enough truth in these types of articles to make it sound reasonable when the subtext is the real text. To be fair it’s exactly what some are doing on the other side too, but its ironic that he’s using the very same approach as a way to criticise them.

It’s exactly why Laz has been getting stick all week in that some are dressing up a reasonable view like “hey lads here’s a few things to be aware of when you’re out and about“ and extrapolating it the argument to all men are responsible for the crimes of the few. Those who disagree with the latter will point to the former as to why the point is ok. (Laz isn’t doing this but is take stick for those that are IMO)
                                                                                                                        Cheers Joe. Delighted to see my point was understood by at least some people. Wombatman and Paul too.

Comment

SPOILER

Last edited by DeadParrot; 17-01-22, 14:10.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X