This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Like, what types of supports are in place for people essentially halving their consumption in a short amount of time. Its probably not medically dangerous, compared to say going cold turkey, but it is a meaningful impact.
    I can’t imagine there is any scenario where reducing alcohol consumption by half has a negative impact.

Definitely doing to hit the string cheap cider brigade harder than the craft beer wankers.

Comment

Macron going to town on the unvaxxed.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Macron going to town on the unvaxxed.
        New Italian regulation saying unvaxxed can't go to the shops on the weekends. Its things like this that have you wondering whenever someone says Ireland is a nanny state.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          That new ghostbuster movie. Someone cutting onions around here.
          Really enjoyed that
          ​​
          Last 15 mins very good, the rest was just a kids movie.

Anyone else getting strange push notifications from Vodafone this morning, looking for me to sign back into my app ?
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Anyone else getting strange push notifications from Vodafone this morning, looking for me to sign back into my app ?
            Yeah, I've gotten a bunch of those. Didn't sign in.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

New Italian regulation saying unvaxxed can't go to the shops on the weekends. Its things like this that have you wondering whenever someone says Ireland is a nanny state.
              I heard in North Korea you can't even eat without the state's approval
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

For those that developed a taste for Korean shows after Squid Game should check out The Silent Sea.... Pretty enjoyable.
                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I have a friend (originally non-eu but now eu citizen). They got barred from USA for 10 years on leaving (non-eu visa) for overstaying by a few days. 10 years have expired and every time they go to the states, a visa application and not ESTA has to be made on their original non-eu citizenship. If they attempt to enter on their eu passport, they can be permanently banned entry. The handful of times they've been to the states again has always involved a grilling, despite working in a big FAANG org.

I also know another chap who attempted to go over for "meetings/training" with his job and got a 10-year ban on the spot at pre-clearance in Dublin. The company wanted him to go to the USA site for a few weeks to work on a project (he's a tech/fitter and his work is 100% hands-on). Told the immigration guy he was going to work on a project hands-on (this needs a work visa), and ended being brought to a room for an interview. After it was established he would actually be working they banned him for 10 years. The company/HR didn't so much as get a slap on the wrist and continue to send people over occasionally. A few who travel semi-regularly have visas.

Moral of the story, is USA don't fuck around or lie when it comes to immigration.

Comment

So they’ve realised that people who don’t live on Twitter don’t care about JK Rowling trans views so time to pluck some anti semitism accusations out of the air
                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                      So they’ve realised that people who don’t live on Twitter don’t care about JK Rowling trans views so time to pluck some anti semitism accusations out of the air
                      Pretty sure I heard that discussed on UK TV more than 2 years ago.
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                          Are all podcasts just like going over to your stoned mates house where he googled shit to show you

that seems like it would be unlistenable, um ahh, Google that, just looking it up now. Um , ah, self satisfied laughter- rinse and repeat
                          brutal
                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Who you gonna call ?

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                              We need a parallel fk you society and it needs to gain momentum very quickly to snuff out this shite . I'd like to identify as a dinosaur and proud .

more power to Jk imo

Comment

For folks who've been to Vietnam - looking to go for a couple of weeks. Suggestions on city to fly into, do some touristy stuff from and then head to some manner of fancy beach resort/area?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  For folks who've been to Vietnam - looking to go for a couple of weeks. Suggestions on city to fly into, do some touristy stuff from and then head to some manner of fancy beach resort/area?
                                  I spent a month in Saigon just before coronavirus and absolutely loved it, really cool city, amazing ppl, food and culture. I didn't really do any touristy stuff bar a visit to the war museum. I still dream about the food. Expect to put on several kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

We need a parallel fk you society and it needs to gain momentum very quickly to snuff out this shite . I'd like to identify as a dinosaur and proud .

more power to Jk imo
                                    I support Solks decision to identify as a dinosaur (hes old enough anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

I support Solks decision to identify as a dinosaur (hes old enough anyway)
                                      We are indeed Dinkie and proud . . IPB - Irish Prehistoric BrotherHood .

EVen the kids are 30 in here .

Comment

It's been almost 20 years since I was there so take this with a pinch of salt;

I much preferred Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh, found the later too built up and westernized.

Nha Trang should have some good beach resorts.

Hue has some UNESCO sites that might work for some touristy stuff.

Hoi An was my favourite place in all of SE Asia, lovely quaint little seaside town but may be more built up now.

From Hanoi, you can get to Cat Ba island and Ha Long Bay fairly easily.

If you are only going for two weeks, you'd probably need to choose between north and south and a beach option as otherwise, it'd be too much of a rush to fit it all in.

Eat everything, local food is excellent.

Comment

Was in Vietnam three years ago and followed Lao Lao advice which is pretty much spot on.

Made the mistake of going to Hanoi as the last stage of the trip... After a week on the south part of Vietnam, flying to Hanoi was a bad idea as was too cold after a week on the south side... Therefore after one night, decided it wasn't for me and buggered off to Thailand for a few days relaxing on the beach.

Make sure to sort out the visa before you go as the rules change all the time due to Covid. At the moment I don't think they are allowing any foreign visitors unless working there.
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Ed, given your constraints.

do Hanoi, Ha Long fly/travel down to Hoi Am/Hue/Da Nang / Nha Trang(resortiest).

Alternative is Saigon and maybe a resort on Phu Quoc (although apparently Phu Quoc is in a bad way, might need some research).

My advice is go north, better food, better people, worse weather (it’s legit balls cold from nov- April).

lastly, when picking a company to do a tour of Ha Long there is a vast vast range. Don’t cheap out and pick one with activities.
                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Ireland entry rules for people recovering from Covid:

”If you have recovered from COVID, but continue to test positive, you must have both;

• A positive PCR test from between 11 and 180 days ago abd,
                                              • A
                                              negative PCR test within the last 72 hours”

That kind of nonsense sums up policy makers in relation to covid. To think that multiple senior people reviewed and approved those requirements and none of them picked up on the fact it they could pass a test they wouldn’t be continuing to test positive.

Comment

Cheers guys, current thinking is Hanoi and branch out from there. Looking at late Sept, early Oct

Comment

I see Asahi 12 pack x 330 ml price is now €17 (about 50c total above MUP if my calculations are correct)

I was paying €21 pre

Tesco

Comment

This is a cross post from the Mac forum on boards.

This is in relation to my 2017 MacBook Retina.

Question for you that have suffered this issue before.
                                                    My keyboard started to act up a little while back with some of the keys not working or when they did work they would be double letters. Looked this up online and it seems to be a known issue.

Dropped it in to get looked over to see if it can be repaired under the known fault and got an email back today from the repair center to say that the keyboard is definitely an issue but that it would cost X amount but they ran hardware diagnostics and said there's a potential problem with the battery (I've never noticed an issue with it) and because it's all one piece everything would be needed to replaced and they would do it for X amount.

Has anybody had an issue like this before? Seems a bit outrageous to me.

Steps I can take?
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

My keyboard started to act up a little while back with some of the keys not working or when they did work they would be double letters. Looked this up online and it seems to be a known issue.

Dropped it in to get looked over to see if it can be repaired under the known fault and got an email back today from the repair center to say that the keyboard is definitely an issue but that it would cost X amount but they ran hardware diagnostics and said there's a potential problem with the battery (I've never noticed an issue with it) and because it's all one piece everything would be needed to replaced and they would do it for X amount.

Steps I can take?
                                                      What colour is it?

sorry couldnt resist

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Steps I can take?

Ditch Apple ya fan boy cunt

Comment

Cheers guys, current thinking is Hanoi and branch out from there. Looking at late Sept, early Oct
                                                          Hi Ed, not sure if you are travelling alone, with partner kids etc . We travelled with two kids in Jan 2020. Amazing diverse country filled with amazing people. We found there was great value in accomadation.

Flew into Hanoi. Stayed near the centre and loved the chaos of it. Did the Water puppet theatre, Cyclo , Hanoi Hilton tour.

Headed to Halong bay for 3 day / 2 night cruise stopping at a pearl factory along the way. As Theresa said they cater to all budgets. We splashed out a bit but it was well worth it. Some of the party boats looked a bit dodgy!

We went to Bana Hills near Danang next. Basically a theme park in the mountains accessed by the longest cable car ride in the world. Kids loved it.

Hoi An definitely the highlight. So relaxed , great food, cheap tailored clothes, great coffee. Went to an "Immersions show" where the set had a river running through it . It was amazing . €20 for best seats.

Da Lat next , much more rural and wonderful landscapes and temples.

Finished off in Ho Chi Minh city, War Museums, independence palace ,day tip to the Cu Chi tunnels and Ben Thahn market.

Didn't do a beach resort as we had come from Thailand.

Can send you some links to places we went or stayed.

Comment

Liked Jimmy Carters little bit today https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/o...smid=url-share

Comment

The Holy One has spoken - more sex*, less pets ye heathens

*none outside marraige please

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                Hey Hitch, what's all this stuff about Conor Riordan on Twitter from that dope Paddy Cosgrave?

I worked with Conor in Pfizer and he was just doing some stuff on projects for ERP implementation. Yer man Cosgrave is going on like Conor is on the board in NYC!!

I can't see Conors tweets so was wondering what the background was?
                                                                Your man was just graphing official HSE numbers. Cosgrove and a some zero covid zealots doxxed him, home address, the lot. Last thing you want considering what the demented drongos on the fringes to the Covid discussion are capable of i.e. Masonic Hall fire.
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Top of the league! Mad that we are top having highest double vaxxed and very high booster numbers. Conversely, Romania have feck all vaxxed and are at the bottom.

Comment

Porn for RDIII.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                      Top of the league! Mad that we are top having highest double vaxxed and very high booster numbers. Conversely, Romania have feck all vaxxed and are at the bottom.

Should be looking at deaths and\or ICU cases imo rather than case numbers

Comment

Porn for RDIII.

Proper order.

All the EU states where they place a premium on societal cohesion are going down this road. The individual rights of crackpots are less important than the overall health of society.

Comment

Should be looking at deaths and\or ICU cases imo rather than case numbers
                                                                          Totally. But academically it would surely lead one the question the claims made about the impact of vaccination on transmission suppression.

Comment

The Aussie's have Novax on a technicality. Hope they send him packing.

Comment

Hopefully they send him to Christmas Island for a few months (not as fun as it sounds).

Comment

Totally. But academically it would surely lead one the question the claims made about the impact of vaccination on transmission suppression.
                                                                                Really need the bi-weekly PCR tests taken per million people to make any sense/comparisons

Comment

Hopefully they send him to Christmas Island for a few months (not as fun as it sounds).
                                                                                  Right decision but the Aussie Open is a bit shittier now.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Right decision but the Aussie Open is a bit shittier now.
                                                                                    No, it's better. Far better. WP Arsetralia.

He shouldn't be allowed play anywhere.

Comment

No vax joke bitch

Comment

They thought it would lessen transmission. Vaccines normally do, so it was a reasonable supposition. Turns out it didn't. But it does have a massive impact on hospitalisation. So a huge net gain.

Comment

Watching The Orville, and oldish show set in space, and its solid light (very light) entertainment.

Comment

Watching The Orville, and oldish show set in space, and its solid light (very light) entertainment.
                                                                                            It's not that old, like 4 years or something? But anyway there is a new season in March you will be happy to know and yes it's a great show!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              The Holy One has spoken - more sex*, less pets ye heathens

*none outside marraige please
                                                                                              “People with only one, or worse no children, have no humanity - they are a gangrene on society” - says the celibate childless pontiff, who forbids half a million priests from having families.

Comment

injured my back yesterday
                                                                                                ... putting in eye drops!!!
                                                                                                Old age is a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                  “People with only one, or worse no children, have no humanity - they are a gangrene on society” - says the celibate childless pontiff, who forbids half a million priests from having families.
                                                                                                  Did he actually say that??

What an absolute cunt.

Comment

#NotmyPope
                                                                                                    #JusticeforNovak
                                                                                                    #Ronaldoout

Comment

Ah, the thoughts of Djokovic, the absolute Grade A twat that he is, suffering the privations of a quarantine hotel before being booted ignominiously out of Australia. It would really warm your heart on a dreary winter morning.

Comment

Raoul, what do you think Ted Cruz is up to?

He's not a man that speaks from the heart, there's always an angle. Just can't see who this plays to.

Comment

Comment

When I die I want to be reincarnated as Don Johnson - king of the world in 80s Miami
                                                                                                            I believe it’s the final step before full enlightenment in buddhism

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                              Raoul, what do you think Ted Cruz is up to?

He's not a man that speaks from the heart, there's always an angle. Just can't see who this plays to.
                                                                                                              Just playing to the base, attention-seeking imo

Comment

Just playing to the base, attention-seeking imo
                                                                                                                Not sure how calling Jan 6 a terrorist act plays to the base though.

Not sure who it plays to.

Comment

Not sure how calling Jan 6 a terrorist act plays to the base though.

Not sure who it plays to.
                                                                                                                  I thought you were talking about his threat to impeach Biden

Comment

I thought you were talking about his threat to impeach Biden

Comment

Ah, I see..that is strange indeed. No idea - he will piss off the whackjobs for sure.

Comment

They thought it would lessen transmission. Vaccines normally do, so it was a reasonable supposition. Turns out it didn't. But it does have a massive impact on hospitalisation. So a huge net gain.
                                                                                                                        Supposition? I'm pretty sure the claims were made on the back of well publicised studies and reports.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

It's not that old, like 4 years or something? But anyway there is a new season in March you will be happy to know and yes it's a great show!
                                                                                                                          Yeah, a tired old TV trope of a crew in space, but the cast really make it into something cool.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X