This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Did you ever get tested for a heart murmur? I add this hesitantly, but that not being able to sleep on the side was the only symptom of my heart murmur caused by one side of the heart working too much. Heart murmurs are normally nothing, only rarely leading to surgery like in my case.
    That's how poor Laz read it.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

That's how poor Laz read it.
      But then followed by the reassurance that Tar's cat vet can sort him out.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

But then followed by the reassurance that Tar's cat vet can sort him out.
        Can just see Laz clutching his heart in the front garden, whipping out his portable defibrillator (James Bond style) and crawling determinedly over to the outdoor sockets his neigbour..........

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Ah I've a bit of an anxiety thing going on the past five years that's pretty much manageable. Haven't had an episode like that one in a long time.

Was rushed to A&E a few years ago with a suspected heart attack in the early days of it. Amazing how powerful your mind is at convincing you you're about to go out with a bang.

Although I did leave there that time with a sense of shame for wasting their time, it immediately got easier to deal with when I knew it was 'only' anxiety.

They mostly happened at night when trying to go to sleep, bangs in the chest, weird stuff. Absolutely terrifying at first. Even after discovering it was anxiety it was still quite scary. Your mind can really fuck with you. You'll think some nights 'maybe it was anxiety before, but this time it's the real thing, fuck, fuck'

Or, you'll get used to the pattern of physical symptoms so your brain mixes it up a bit with something new to keep you on your toes.

I still get them at night going to sleep but have no fear around it now. I've had to figure out an optimal sleeping position that minimises them. Can only fall asleep lying on my right with my arm stretched out. Any other position and I'm kept awake with breath gasps and chest bangs.

The other day the worry about my breathing, coupled with googling serious Covid symptoms sent me into a spiral.

I know xanax is a solution, especially for the sleep thing, but I've taken it a couple of times and it affects me too bad on the other side. Too groggy trying to get up.
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

@Shraaap: who the fuck are these weirdos (RIP)?
            Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 04-01-22, 13:46.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              lol yeah, they've always been a bit weird. they're twins who are physicians and used to do tv shows on science iirc, a long time ago, but always stayed on the tv celebrity circuit after that.

Comment

57%. That's higher than most referendums.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Really need to stop focusing on cases. We are in much better shape now than this time last year and this the beginning of the end of the pandemic. We are in the home stretch now.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                    Really need to stop focusing on cases. We are in much better shape now than this time last year and this the beginning of the end of the pandemic. We are in the home stretch now.

They are rising though, is probably the problem.

Comment

First day in new job. A casual email pops in - we have 30 students abroad in X country who can't use their covid passes because the Irish gov hasn't registered booster shots on it yet. What do we do? I wasn't quite prepared for this.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                        We only got up to 2000 in hospital on the 18th of January last year. On the 4/1/21 they were still below where we are now.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

We only got up to 2000 in hospital on the 18th of January last year. On the 4/1/21 they were still below where we are now.
                          Fair enough. I wouldnt expect them to go that high again this year. We had restrictions in place this year, last year we had a "meaningful Christmas". Be grand.

Comment

First day in new job. A casual email pops in - we have 30 students abroad in X country who can't use their covid passes because the Irish gov hasn't registered booster shots on it yet. What do we do? I wasn't quite prepared for this.
                            Hit up Mary Lou on Twitter obvs

Comment

New Variant Klaxon
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

It is a completely differnt situation (on the upside - we now have a widely vaxxed population and a less harmful variant, but on the downside we have much more cases)

I'd be tempted not to look at any of these metrics so much as things like '% of Garda stations open', '# of buses running', '# of schools closed etc' as it may well be indirect non-health metrics that are the big thing for the next 4-6 weeks

Comment

Are they in X country on university-related stuff? or are they just off skiiing or something?

if (a), then make it someone else's problem. If (b), light cigar and smirk.

Comment

They are mainly famous these days for being the star of so many memes...https://markets.businessinsider.com/...to-meme-2022-1

Comment

Need help please. I'm filling out this ESTA form and I'm stuck here. I was born in Scotland but have an irish passport.I would have had a British passport at one point but its, a long time ago, can't even remember

Stuck on this part

IMG_20220104_160713.jpg
                                      Last edited by SatNav; 04-01-22, 16:17.
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Even though I think ASTI are a bunch of scumbags who consistently place the interests of pupils and parents at the bottom of their priority list, they probably do have a point here. You can't reopen schools properly if half your teaching staff are at home with covid or close contacts.

Side note; I've long thought that overexposure to teenagers is the reason for ASTI's general grumpiness. The INTO, who are exposed to children in a more human stage of evolution, seem by comparison to be a more reasonable lot. Same way that cops get corrupted by daily exposure to criminals.

Second child becomes a teenager tomorrow which may or may not be connected.
                                        Schools reopen Thursday.

The sacrifices to the teacher gods have paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                          Need help please. I'm filling out this ESTA form and I'm stuck here. I was born in Scotland but have an irish passport.I would have had a British passport at one point but its, a long time ago, can't even remember

Stuck on this part

IMG_20220104_160713.jpg
                                          How did you answer the City and Country of birth questions? Did mine yesterday for myself and daughter. Approved in three hours. Dreading pinging a positive antigen test hours before flight.

Comment

It's over. Throw the doors open.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

How did you answer the City and Country of birth questions? Did mine yesterday for myself and daughter. Approved in three hours. Dreading pinging a positive antigen test hours before flight.
                                              City of birth Aberdeen
                                              Country of birth United Kingdom

I found my last UK passport which expired 6th Sept 2016
                                              Irish passport issued 25 th July 2016.

Could I just say no to above questions, ffs it's so confusing. Or do I put in for have you ever been a citizen or national if any other country my dob in UK to when UK passport expired sept 2016?

Also shitting the covid tests
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Outside Keoghs last week having a pint and an homeless aul lad came over. He looked in rag order, not your usual druggie type so gave him a few bob and a handful of smokes.

Poor lad could barely talk but insisted on telling me a joke as a thank you.

"What do you call a dwarf who falls in a bucket of cement?"
                                                SPOILER
                                                A Wee Hard Man

Have to admit i laughed.

Comment

To be fair you have duel citizenship. Your citizenship doesn't expire with your passport.
                                                  Just say yes to both and say it is UK. If it was North Korea or Iran I might consider leaving it out. They are on good terms with UK so won't be an issue. Loads of Irish in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    Outside Keoghs last week having a pint and an homeless aul lad came over. He looked in rag order, not your usual druggie type so gave him a few bob and a handful of smokes.

Poor lad could barely talk but insisted on telling me a joke as a thank you.

"What do you call a dwarf who falls in a bucket of cement?"
                                                    SPOILER
                                                    A Wee Hard Man

Have to admit i laughed.
                                                    I know the fella, he gave a few tables of us a few laughs outside a pub over the summer, including that one. He earned his couple of bob
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

To be fair you have duel citizenship. Your citizenship doesn't expire with your passport.
                                                      Just say yes to both and say it is UK. If it was North Korea or Iran I might consider leaving it out. They are on good terms with UK so won't be an issue. Loads of Irish in the same boat.
                                                      Ugh this just makes it harder lol

Are you now a citizen or national of any other country? Hit yes it asks which country?? And then how did I aquire it. But surely it can't be Ireland as I've already gone past the part where I said that etc

I'm thinking say no to that question. And
                                                      Then the second part say yes UK from my date of birth to when passport expired. Like surely be OK with that?
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

SatNav going to Guantanamo Bay for sure

Comment

Are they in X country on university-related stuff? or are they just off skiiing or something?

if (a), then make it someone else's problem. If (b), light cigar and smirk.
                                                          A line has been dropped to the relevant embassy, who will presumably work at it with suitable speed

Comment

OK now I'm thinking is it meant to be this way but then second question im confused, is that a third citizenship? Jesus my head hurts
                                                            IMG_20220104_171801.jpg
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Yeah just put UK as birth and then add Irish after. They won't really care, you're not on their suspect list let's say.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                Yeah just put UK as birth and then add Irish after. They won't really care, you're not on their suspect list let's say.
                                                                Add irish where.
                                                                The very first question I put in my irish passport.

I'm Confused on the second question in pic above.

Feel throwing laptop out the window
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Add irish where.
                                                                  The very first question I put in my irish passport.

I'm Confused on the second question in pic above.

Feel throwing laptop out the window
                                                                  it's probably an IQ test in disguise. They just don't want to let eeejits in who can't even fill out a simple form

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

it's probably an IQ test in disguise. They just don't want to let eeejits in who can't even fill out a simple form
                                                                    Tbf it's very confusing if born elsewhere but hold an irish passport
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Never knew you were a Brit.
                                                                      ​​
                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Jesus now this. Shur I don't know anyone there and it has to be filled??? IMG_20220104_181855.jpg
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Jesus now this. Shur I don't know anyone there and it has to be filled??? IMG_20220104_181855.jpg
                                                                          Your hotel SatNav. Be grand.
                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I used hotel address yesterday.

Comment

I used hotel address yesterday.
                                                                              That was quite stressful only because of the citizenship yoke for me, flew through daughters. Do you print off a that stuff or is email fine.

I actually haven't a clue on this stuff. You might actually send me a link for uploading covid cert and all that crack.

Where and when are you off BTW
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

That was quick thank fuck all OK

IMG_20220104_195417.jpg
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

The 5-11 y/o vaxxing program seems to be gearing up nicely. Got a text back confirming appointment on Saturday for my youngest less than 2 hours after registering her.

Comment

R/Ireland losing its rag today over the price of druids and linden village
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      Makes a change from shinner propaganda, father ted memes and crap landscape photos
                                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Very Finnish

Comment

The 5-11 y/o vaxxing program seems to be gearing up nicely. Got a text back confirming appointment on Saturday for my youngest less than 2 hours after registering her.
                                                                                          Same
                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

feck sake. I registered yesterday to be ahead of the game and still waiting. Its like the summer of 2021 all over again. Maybe its part of the well-known discrimination against southsiders.

Comment

In fairness, it has caused an outpouring of concern for poor people, the likes of which has never been seen before on this island.

Comment

Hey Hitch, what's all this stuff about Conor Riordan on Twitter from that dope Paddy Cosgrave?

I worked with Conor in Pfizer and he was just doing some stuff on projects for ERP implementation. Yer man Cosgrave is going on like Conor is on the board in NYC!!

I can't see Conors tweets so was wondering what the background was?

Comment

Dopesick was a good call. TY team.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                    Hey Hitch, what's all this stuff about Conor Riordan on Twitter from that dope Paddy Cosgrave?

I worked with Conor in Pfizer and he was just doing some stuff on projects for ERP implementation. Yer man Cosgrave is going on like Conor is on the board in NYC!!

Yeah, its brutal. Twitter being a cesspit is probably the only way of looking at it. Paddy is the ubershit of shitheads.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

He deleted his account after that Cosgrave gobshite created a pile on. Saw a tweet earlier from someone saying they had been talking to him, he's fine and just taking a break for a bit now.

Comment

Are you hungry Hitch ? Nice Burger ? Steak and chips?

Comment

SatNav going to Guantanamo Bay for sure
                                                                                                          Got to be better than Laois ?

Comment

Would anyone know anyone smartish, just keen rather than academic, a bit of admin or project management experience, who might want a project assistant job for six months initially, but with the likelihood that it would continue afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                              Are you hungry Hitch ? Nice Burger ? Steak and chips?
                                                                                                              Not yet, haven't started it yet. Trying to get all my kanban boards set up.

Comment

I was in a Spar this evening and a guy skids off his electric scooter, bursts into the shop, and asks in a panic - do you have any cans that haven't risen in price? The owner, obviously keen to strike up fruitful new customers, said he hadn't yet got around to raising the prices, so go at it. The guy grabs about 30 cans breathing a temporary sigh of relief. I was speaking to him at the till and he said it was the first he heard of the price rises when he went into a shop earlier today and all the cans of Linden Village were a fortune. He looked like someone who was deeply into his cans on a permanent basis, so he's going to have a shitty new year. Poor guy.

I'd imagine this is going to have a fairly major impact on people like him. I just wish the campaign hadn't been so obviously hijacked by alcohol lobbyists and the middle classes pretending to care about poor people, but instead simply not wanting to pay more themselves. It distracted from some real issues that are going to arise. Like, what types of supports are in place for people essentially halving their consumption in a short amount of time. Its probably not medically dangerous, compared to say going cold turkey, but it is a meaningful impact.

Comment

City of birth Aberdeen
                                                                                                                  Country of birth United Kingdom

I found my last UK passport which expired 6th Sept 2016
                                                                                                                  Irish passport issued 25 th July 2016.

Could I just say no to above questions, ffs it's so confusing. Or do I put in for have you ever been a citizen or national if any other country my dob in UK to when UK passport expired sept 2016?

Also shitting the covid tests
                                                                                                                  Lying on a ESTA application is really silly. I know people who had ESTAs rejected because they lied, where it would have been approved if they told the truth.

Just tell the truth, you are a dual citizen. It’s perfectly legal. I put down both of mine when I did it, partner put down 3 citizenships.

Edit: glad you got it. Make sure you use the right accent at the border.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Mellor; 05-01-22, 00:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Lying on a ESTA application is really silly. I know people who had ESTAs rejected because they lied, where it would have been approved if they told the truth.

Just tell the truth, you are a dual citizen. It’s perfectly legal. I put down both of mine when I did it, partner put down 3 citizenships.

Edit: glad you got it. Make sure you use the right accent at the border.

Comment

That new ghostbuster movie. Someone cutting onions around here.
                                                                                                                      Really enjoyed that
                                                                                                                      ​​
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Dopesick was a good call. TY team.
                                                                                                                        Mayor of Kingstown Well worth a spin imo

Comment

That new ghostbuster movie. Someone cutting onions around here.
                                                                                                                          Really enjoyed that
                                                                                                                          ​​
                                                                                                                          Beautiful isn't it. A bit of an unsung movie of last year for the caring way they essentially recreated a 1980s movie feel without being kitsch.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X