Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positive antigen just now. Faint line but it's there.

I assume the line gets stronger the bigger the viral load. Does anyone know if stronger/worse symptoms correlate with a higher load?

Didn't seem to with the seven year old, but it seems to behave differently in kids.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
      Don't bother with your own grinder btw. They make a horrible noise and the ground stuff is perfectly cromulent. The effort/reward ratio is way off.
      Drivel.

Freshly ground is the secret sauce when it comes to decent coffee.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I quite liked both King Richard and Stillwater.

Marseilles tourist board won't be too delighted with the latter but I enjoyed the cinematography. Mrs D3 disliked though.

Comment

We should do some 2022 predictions for the craic

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I assume the line gets stronger the bigger the viral load. Does anyone know if stronger/worse symptoms correlate with a higher load?

Didn't seem to with the seven year old, but it seems to behave differently in kids.
            On a decent sample size I don't know anyone suffering too bad with strong symptoms, I'd say try not think about predicting how it's gonna go for ya and work on the entertainment schedule.

On day 3 here myself.
            airport, lol

Comment

Decided to go for this bean to cup machine. Seems a major upgrade from what I have.

https://www.arnotts.ie/electrical/ki...YaAsUSEALw_wcB
              Cant go wrong for €1/week.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Good chance you've been through the worst with the fever so there's a good chance the only thing a the bigger viral load you're going to develop will do is just make tests instantly positive and infect others.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Cant go wrong for €1/week.
                  You're dead right, that's definitely the logic we use.

Xmas bonus spend. Bought the Weber with it last year although that took a fair bit of cajoling. Bought it in May

She agrees now it's one of the best purchases we've ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

Good chance you've been through the worst with the fever so there's a good chance the only thing a the bigger viral load you're going to develop will do is just make tests instantly positive and infect others.
                    Yeah, hopefully so. In April I had one rough night of high fever then easy after that. Taste, smell and fatigue, no real cough or sore throat. Sore throat and chest now.

Had mild enough fever last night based on the dreams. Fucking hate those repetitive fever dreams. So stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Hold up. We don't have good data for Omicron yet. It's very new and very different. Everything's either preliminary like the Scottish data released on the 22nd, or based on uncomparative populations e.g. Gautang province where the vaccination rate is ~25% but the antibody rate is 95%+.
                      These are pre omicron stats, no idea about it. There are people still meeting up with others with symptoms, christmas went ahead etc, fact is that even with possibly hugely reduced transmissability people will make it spread, must be realistically 50k cases a day now.

Comment

Yeah, hopefully so. In April I had one rough night of high fever then easy after that. Taste, smell and fatigue, no real cough or sore throat. Sore throat and chest now.

Had mild enough fever last night based on the dreams. Fucking hate those repetitive fever dreams. So stressful.
                        I love them. Like a unique horror film.

I copped I'd covid when I was yapping away to the missus who was making twix cheesecake in bed. Then she went into labour so sat at her desk and and started making a brownie. She was in with the little lad that night, mad dreams. Snapped out of it, took 2 paracetamol and got back into bed. Felt right as rain in the morning, did my daily morning test and was positive. Only thing that got worse was odd ache, weird headache and the energy absolutely sapped out of me.

You'll be grand.

Comment

I copped I'd covid when I was yapping away to the missus who was making twix cheesecake in bed. Then she went into labour so sat at her desk and and started making a brownie. She was in with the little lad that night, mad dreams. Snapped out of it, took 2 paracetamol and got back into bed. Felt right as rain in the morning, did my daily morning test and was positive. Only thing that got worse was odd ache, weird headache and the energy absolutely sapped out of me.

You'll be grand.
                          How the kid these days?
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

You'll be grand.
                            My fever dreams are really difficult to describe once I wake up, but really vivid during them. Usually some abstract moving image that just keeps repeating over and over again but has a real sense of negativity about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                              Keane i have this phone about 6 months absolutely fantastic phone. The battery life is the best I've ever had on a phone. You can pick up the xiaomi poco I think its called all over adverts for small money also meant to be decent enough .
                              Mine
                              https://www.techradar.com/reviews/xi...10t-pro-review
                              I've a poco X3 NFC.
                              has everything you want, about 2 day battery too.
                              Charges full in about 20 mins.
                              200 quid ish.
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Weird antigen test result, or maybe someone else has got similar?
                                Genru (Lidl) test.
                                C line came up fine. But there's a vertical pink line from North to SouthWest about 1.5cm long starting above and ending below where the T line is.
                                Doesn't really correspond to anything on the doco which suggests a positive result, or an invalid test.
                                Positive would be a straight line level with T. Invalid would be if the C Line hadn't filled up.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  Genru (Lidl) test.
                                  C line came up fine. But there's a vertical pink line from North to SouthWest about 1.5cm long starting above and ending below where the T line is.
                                  Doesn't really correspond to anything on the doco which suggests a positive result, or an invalid test.
                                  Positive would be a straight line level with T. Invalid would be if the C Line hadn't filled up.
                                  Pregnant id say
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Genru (Lidl) test.
                                    I would imagine once there's no line at the T it's negative as the sensitive part is at the T line.

Sounds like a faulty kit, maybe do another.

Comment

A visual representation would be that instead of "---T", I'm seeing "/ T" with the '/' starting and ending a good bit above and beyond the T line.
                                      I'm going to assume its a bad test but unf was the last one in the house. Will buy more.
                                      Avoid Lidl blanch centre for the next hour if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Drivel.

Freshly ground is the secret sauce when it comes to decent coffee.
                                        Each to their own but the noise of the thing wasn't worth the marginal improvement for me. Might be my autism showing.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

I've a poco X3 NFC.
                                          has everything you want, about 2 day battery too.
                                          Charges full in about 20 mins.
                                          200 quid ish.
                                          Have same. Unbeatable bang for buck but no 5g.
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Never drank tea or coffee . Outcast city at me Aunties when I were a lad. Wha will we give HIM ffs .

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Have same. Unbeatable bang for buck but no 5g.
                                              Sure that's in you now #BigData #BillGatesHotline
                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

A visual representation would be that instead of "---T", I'm seeing "/ T" with the '/' starting and ending a good bit above and beyond the T line.
                                                I'm going to assume its a bad test but unf was the last one in the house. Will buy more.
                                                Are you still doing the sports writing gig?
                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Are you still doing the sports writing gig?
                                                  No, it shuddered to a halt when there was no sport for 4 months during March-June 2020, and I never got back into it.

Comment

Myself and Mia had pcr yesterday 2pm and 4pm no result yet.

Everyone else I know that got it yesterday got their result.

Pardon the pun but would one take that as a positive or a negative
                                                    Last edited by SatNav; 30-12-21, 16:02.
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Pardon the pub but would one take that as a positive or a negative
                                                      Neither, you won't be able to predict your result just wait for it!
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Genru (Lidl) test.
                                                        Saw one like that on twitter the other day and it was a precursor to a positive result.

I'm feeling shitty again today but still no sign of a T line.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Can take longer if its a sample from a pregnant woman.

Comment

We all tested Xmas Eve and the 4x negatives came in at the same time, the positive result came in four hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

How the kid these days?
                                                              Flying along. Third and final op in the summer. All his docs delighted. Poster boy for his condition, couldn't be going better.

Identical twin brothers in 6 weeks. 2022 gona be fun...

Comment

We all tested Xmas Eve and the 4x negatives came in at the same time, the positive result came in four hours later.
                                                                no point reading into it though, in contrast I know four people tested at same time, all came back at different times with a mix of positive and negitive.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Seem to be negative anyway on the next test. (Although mind playing tricks and trying to convince me that there's a T-Line when looked at under a bright torch.)
                                                                  But no symptoms or anything so no panic.

Comment

Anyone know where to get a professional covid/Anyigen test for travelling? Have a Finn here travelling on the 1st only appt is 4.15 am tomorrow

Comment

Are ye sick?

Comment

Are ye sick?
                                                                        Nope, not one symptom between the three of us. Still no text
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

You'll like this Ole, mouth watering stuff.

Never thought of duck on the rotisserie.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                            Anyone know where to get a professional covid/Anyigen test for travelling? Have a Finn here travelling on the 1st only appt is 4.15 am tomorrow

Everyone using this on Instagram
                                                                            Loads appointments from 7.15 on the 1st
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Another big jump in hospitalisations today which is concerning. Next few days will be....interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                Favourite Albums in no particular order (except maybe the 1st):

Low - Hey What
                                                                                Floating Points & Pharoah Sanders - Promises
                                                                                Anna B Savage - A Common Turn
                                                                                The Weather Station - Ignorance
                                                                                Julien Baker - Little Oblivions
                                                                                Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d’S Pee AT STATE’S END!
                                                                                Bedouine - Waysides
                                                                                Mogwai - As The Love Continues
                                                                                Gruff Rhys - Seeking New Gods
                                                                                Manic Street Preachers - The Ultra Vivid Lament
                                                                                Madlib - Sound Ancestors
                                                                                Lonelady - Former Things
                                                                                Akira Kosemura - 88 Keys
                                                                                Fears - Oiche
                                                                                Arab Strap - As Days Get Dark
                                                                                Ulrich Schnauss and Mark Peters - Destiny Waiving
                                                                                Aaron Frazer - Introducing

Reissues/old stuff
                                                                                The Beach Boys – Feel Flows: The Sunflower and Surf’s Up Sessions
                                                                                Tangerine Dream - The Keep Soundtrack
                                                                                Goldie - Timeless
                                                                                The Mars Volta - Deloused at the Comatorium
                                                                                Beverley Glenn Copeland - Keyboard Fantasies
                                                                                Heard of 3 of those.

Time for Dom to make me feel better.

Comment

O'Reillys Careplus Naas, call them in the morning

Vista in Naas also do them and they are open until ten tonight
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Cool story few years old . Sure she Irish now .

2.3k votes, 196 comments. 471k members in the ireland community. Céad míle fáilte! An all-island subreddit for discussion of Irish news, politics …

Comment

Haha, very clever.

Comment

Love looking back at March 2020

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

With MUP a slab of 24 500ml cans of lager will cost at least €40.80

Comment

Do people still buy slabs of beer?
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                              Do people still buy slabs of beer?
                                                                                              12 cans at a good price are €12 not fooking €20.

Comment

I spent €30 on ten cans of my favourite beer for Xmas.

Nine of them were bad batch.

Comment

I spent €30 on ten cans of my favourite beer for Xmas.

Nine of them were bad batch.
                                                                                                  Finishing off bottles of sherry and port this evening.

Only one time of year you can say that.

Comment

My understanding is that it'll be next to impossible to buy a slab as most beers won't be offered in that format on the basis that very few people will be outlaying 40 odd quid in one go.

It'll all be about 8 can packs for around 14 quid which they hope will be an acceptable spend per purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                      My understanding is that it'll be next to impossible to buy a slab as most beers won't be offered in that format on the basis that very few people will be outlaying 40 odd quid in one go.

It'll all be about 8 can packs for around 14 quid which they hope will be an acceptable spend per purchase.
                                                                                                      Not sure I want to live in a country that has no place for Perlenbacher or Rheinbacher.

Comment

Not sure I want to live in a country that has no place for Perlenbacher or Rheinbacher.
                                                                                                        Sadly it looks like there will be no place for Perlenbacher as Lidl are clearly selling them off in advance of Tuesday's new rules.
                                                                                                        But at the current 54c a can you should probably get in a few months supply over the next few days.

Comment

RocDoc in Dublin Airport. Might have been already answered. Can book through their website and they usually have loads of availability.
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Was in Capri yesterday soaking up the rich-people vibes, then Pompeii today walking their endless ghost streets. This is some region. Like its ridiculous how amazing it is. Pompeii was actually slightly inspirational, I don't know why. Maybe aided by a phenomenal lunch beforehand named disturbingly as 'sliced baby piglet'. I do realise that baby and piglet are redundant in the same sentence, but the restaurant owner didn't, and that baby piglet was a gift to this world in its short life.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I suppose the idea is that if people buy drinks in 8 can packs instead of 20 can slabs, they'll be less likely to drink to excess. Which maybe makes sense? So maybe the whole idea is working.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I suppose the idea is that if people buy drinks in 8 can packs instead of 20 can slabs, they'll be less likely to drink to excess. Which maybe makes sense? So maybe the whole idea is working.
                                                                                                                Reminds me of.

Doughal would you like your pizza cut into 4 slices or eight ?

Ah 4 Ted , I'm not hungry enough to eat the 8.

Comment

Lol ​​​​​​

IMG_20211231_111907.jpg
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Christ wasn't even that funny the first time
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Christ wasn't even that funny the first time
                                                                                                                      Ffs loool
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Sounds like you are suggesting a ban on multi-buy discounting of alcohol. That would have been perfectly sensible and I doubt there would have been much argument.
                                                                                                                        '1 can for €1.50, 24 cans for €20' always seemed dodgy to me. Force the retailer to find a price point at which they are happy to sell to you regardless of whether you are buying 4 or 50.
                                                                                                                        If they try to get around it by making the 24 packs a slightly different size (499ml or something) then slap 'em with a 'packs must be always be allowed to be split open at unit price' rule.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 31-12-21, 11:40.

Comment

It doesn't effect me at all, as I don't think I've bought a slab of cans, or any drink that costs less than the new minimums from an offy in some time.

But surely if they are doing it right the extra money has to come in some form of a tax to be feed into health and addiction services and not just handed to the supermarkets. Seems like a v lazy way to look like something is being done.

Do the real problem drinkers they think they are helping buy slabs, or will they just have to beg for another 30 mins to reach the price of that flagan of cider?

Is there no rich problem drinkers? This only tackles the poor ones?
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X