This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHDad View Post

I asked could I or how do I find out and was told its just not a thing.
    We're doing literally zero genetic sequencing in Ireland and relying on the UK data to know wtf is going on, which is why last christmas went so badly. :-/

Can't believe how badly I've been red pilled over the last 18 months. I used to be a very reasonable human.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
      Had a few last ditch pince tonight. Not just the general vibe but i think everyone has had enough now. Taxi driver on way home reckons Tony H hasn't thought a wink about the impact his new restrictions are gonna have. Very sad.
      Best of luck with caring about what your taxi driver thinks about anything. Hope they tried to sell you some NFTs while they were at it.
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

We're doing literally zero genetic sequencing in Ireland and relying on the UK data to know wtf is going on, which is why last christmas went so badly. :-/.
        Might be wrong but I don't think we have the lab facilities to do it here? Hence we have to send samples abroad and those labs are understandably busy.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Taxi driver on way home reckons Tony H hasn't thought a wink about the impact his new restrictions are gonna have. Very sad.
          The Wisdom of Taxi Drivers. Hope it was the Metal Man at least.

Comment

Anyone heading into town for some morning pints? It's clearly government advice to go on the piss during daylight hours!

Comment

Lol Andy - somewhere in Dublin a taxi driver is waking up. Zippidee do da Zippidee day my oh my what a wonderful day.

Comment

This is deadly, who knew cricket could be such craic..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Speaking of cricket, England offering up some unexpectedly stiff last ditch resistance in Adelaide and have somehow taken the game into the final session on Day 5. Still massive dogs but showing some decent resolve for a change and hopefully augurs for a better showing in Melbourne on Stephens Day.

Just to give an example of how dogged they've been, Jos Buttler, one of the best attacking ODI batsmen in the world, has batted 196 balls for 25 runs so far. Your average snail moves at warp speed by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    This is deadly, who knew cricket could be such craic..

Fairly standard Aussie cricket crowd behaviour imo. It was explained to me when I was down there that cricket was the one sport where spectators got properly rowdy and the bogans would make it their big day out for the year. I didn't really believe this until I went to the 2nd day of the Sydney test that year (27-Dec) and witnessed the entire crowd piling in, each with a slab of tinnies under their arm (24 beers = a slab). By the end of the day, the tinnies were gone and the slabs were on the crowds heads as they roared abuse at all and sundry, especially the match stewards and any female coppers who came within range.

An entire drunken crowd with headgear that looked like this:
                    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsW4ZbTP_SEuj_nEf5pVdxFvqUvFPbRUfIAA&usqp=CAU.jpg

I went with two men from rural Ireland called, respectively, Smoothie Jay and T-Bone who had never been within an asses roar of cricket in their lives. They're now hooked. There was a mobile court at the grounds doing brisk trade fining bogans who had gotten out of hand.

It was quite the experience.

Comment

Haha, the Aussies

Comment

Move over PSV.

Shocked the hear religious services are exempt from the 8pm restriction on indoor gatherings. What is the science behind this?

Can't go to a concert or the cinema but can go to mass! This is a moral judgement not a scientific one. Sharia law Irish style.
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                            Move over PSV.

Shocked the hear religious services are exempt from the 8pm restriction on indoor gatherings. What is the science behind this?

Can't go to a concert or the cinema but can go to mass! This is a moral judgement not a scientific one. Sharia law Irish style.
                            People don't typically go on the piss before/after mass. In the same way that food with a pint didn’t stop you getting COVID either.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              Move over PSV.

Are you talking about midnight mass on Christmas Eve ? I know of no other post 8pm masses that dont involve virgin or animal sacrifice .

Comment

Been listening to this playlist whilst doing some mundane work. Cliched but is really relaxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

People don't typically go on the piss before/after mass. In the same way that food with a pint didn’t stop you getting COVID either.
                                  Befuck, down the country most of the auld lads down the back leg it just before communion to get a seat at the counter.
                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Midnight Mass was cancelled decades ago in my church and moved to 7pm, because it was a drunken mess with people 'getting their mass done' on the way home from the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Midnight Mass was cancelled decades ago in my church and moved to 7pm, because it was a drunken mess with people 'getting their mass done' on the way home from the pub.
                                      So its before 8pm like the pubs . Not getting the problem of the wombat .

Comment

Only recently coming across the wonder that was "FedSmoker" on youtube thanks to YMH podcast...what a legend.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                          I watched two films over the weekend - one great, one absolute stinker: Black hat. Terrible plot, terrible cast, terrible acting, a love interest with zero chemistry. It's the type of film that really needed a lead with enough charisma to paper over the cracks in the rest of the film, but Chris Helmsworth is truly dreadful. Both him and Michael Mann should be barred from filmmaking after this.

On the other hand, I watched The Long Goodbye, which is excellent. Really enjoyable, in that lazy quite ridiculous seventies vibe. Some of the scenes are downright hilarious and Elliott Gould is amazing as always, although the stage is stolen by the most ridiculous portrayal of a gangster I've ever seen.
                                          Was very lucky to have had my first viewing of The Long Goodbye in the IFI back when they were doing their Mystery Matinees, loved it. Have watched a bunch of Robert Altman movies over the last year, so much good stuff.

And yes, Blackhat is one of the most boring movies i've seen in years

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Same in Kilnamanagh when I was growing up.

There was killings at it one year, the last year I think.

There was an old well known really popular Jewish man in the community, Yan was his name. He used to do Santa every year at Dunne's Stores. He was a holocaust survivor.

He gave out communion at the church.

He was doing that one year at midnight mass and some drunken oul lad stood up and roared anti semitic obscenities at him 'that Jew shouldn't be handing out our bread' type of stuff.

Yan was well liked, so the guy was dragged out of the place and battered.

Comment

Arab Cinder 4.30 Wolverhampton

no doubt if will go up in ashes bit like England in the cricket
                                              Last edited by balfejohn; 20-12-21, 15:36.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                Only recently coming across the wonder that was "FedSmoker" on youtube thanks to YMH podcast...what a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                  Arab Cider 4.30 Wolverhampton
                                                  that's an awful name for a hoss

Comment

There was an old well known really popular Jewish man in the community, Yan was his name. He used to do Santa every year at Dunne's Stores. He was a holocaust survivor.

He was doing that one year at midnight mass and some drunken oul lad stood up and roared anti semitic obscenities at him 'that Jew shouldn't be handing out our bread' type of stuff.

That has a lovely visual feel to the description. Like a scene from a painting.
                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

that's an awful name for a hoss
                                                      There was one called Brandy Love the other day. Doubt it was named after a love of Brandy.
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Why would a jewish lad hand over communion in a catholic church? Would he not have to be catholic to become a eucharistic minister?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Why would a jewish lad hand over communion in a catholic church? Would he not have to be catholic to become a eucharistic minister?
                                                          Once you're accepting the idea that the chap is handing over the physical body of a god I think we are past incredulity at the lad giving it to you not having ticked all the right boxes on the application form.
                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Confirmed case in the kid's class. Waiting to find out if it's from her pod. Booking a PCR for her.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Confirmed case in the kid's class. Waiting to find out if it's from her pod. Booking a PCR for her.

Fingers crossed.
                                                              our school managed to send out a mail last night saying 'confirmed case in 3rd class yada yada'

followed up just now by 'sorry, we meant 5th class, doh'. FFS

Comment

Met Dobby in town yesterday for a few pints, did a Guinness route - Mulligans, Stags Head, Long Hall, Swan, Devitts, Nearys, McDaids, Keoghs & The Duke and a quick nip to Emporium where i got it all in drawing dead with 5 high. Lad was close to folding AK on an Ace high flop, someday

Bag of chips and bus home for 1am, glorious.

Comment

Wife is a teacher and have 2 in primary school. Feels inevitable someone catches it. In more uplifting news had my Annual Review, moar uplift and a bonus and sweetener on the way out too in 12 months. Sorry I stayed in the poxy potato room for so long.

lunch in Shanahans cancelled though
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

You might be asking the wrong guy

Comment

He could well have converted to catholicism* I don't know.

* for Kayroo, I purposefully don't capitalise god, him, or catholicism because fuck them. Petty I know.

Jesus was sound though.
                                                                      Last edited by Lazare; 20-12-21, 14:23. Reason: Realised I ironically didn't capitalise Kayroo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Once you're accepting the idea that the chap is handing over the physical body of a god I think we are past incredulity at the lad giving it to you not having ticked all the right boxes on the application form.
                                                                        Well obviously there is that minor detail, but most of the attendees either believe in a lot of that or else just avoid thinking about it in any way just so they can be seen to be there and do what they always do. I wouldn't have thought a priest would just let anyone rock up and dish out what he believes (allegedly) to be sacred to his faith. I'd have thought there were rules against it.

Comment

Sure aren't they handing over consecrated bits of a Jewish man, who better to do the job?

Comment

Missed opportunity this morning lads for a .

THAT would be an ecumenical matter.

Comment

Tiger and Charlie Woods. Unbelievable stuff. The kid is sensational for a 12-year-old. Great to see Tiger back doing his stuff. He's a long way off being physically able for walking for 4 days of tournament golf. You could see him limping and without the cart, he wouldn't have been able to play those two rounds. However, he's still got it.

Last edited by coillcam; 20-12-21, 14:38.

Comment

Nice analogy here for those who are still confused about what the vaccines are for.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Arab Cider 4.30 Wolverhampton
                                                                                  there was a missing but important 'n' here; the horse is called Arab Cinder

Comment

there was a missing but important 'n' here; the horse is called Arab Cinder
                                                                                    It was given to me by a lad from Somerset and he said cider so I did and she slapped me for getting to close

if it wins by more than an nose I will put the N in

Comment

It was given to me by a lad from Somerset and he said cider so I did and she slapped me for getting to close

if it wins by more than an nose I will put the N in
                                                                                      It better not win , I've layed the shite out of it.

Comment

For pharmacy booster jabs, anyone know if you have to make an appointment or do you just stroll on down and hope for the best?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                          Tiger and Charlie Woods. Unbelievable stuff. The kid is sensational for a 12-year-old. Great to see Tiger back doing his stuff. He's a long way off being physically able for walking for 4 days of tournament golf. You could see him limping and without the cart, he wouldn't have been able to play those two rounds. However, he's still got it.

Tis great but it's a pity The Dalys have been largely overlooked . In comparison. Wild thing and Wild Boy shot 57 also .

Comment

Booster appointment booked, this Wednesday in my GPs, I wasn't even expecting them to contact me as I've only been twice ever over the course of about 6 years. Tried to get them to give my wife an appointment but they said they are no longer accepting new patients in their practice, which I've heard is a serious problem around Ireland at present, hard to get a new GP.

Comment

Agree with Solks.

Dalys won yesterday by shooting the tournament record and every highlight show here shows Tiger and Charlie.

Now John Daly is a bum, always has been. Always will be. And yes Tiger still moves the needle, but you’d expect a bit more for the tournament winners shooting a record score.

I feel sorry for D2, he’s having a rough go in college and some kudos from the media might be due.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Just back from booster myself - my GP must cater for only youngfellas or all their normal clients have been killed off or whatever.

Was in and out the door in 3 mins - no faf.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                  Just back from booster myself - my GP must cater for only youngfellas or all their normal clients have been killed off or whatever.

Was in and out the door in 3 mins - no faf.
                                                                                                  Yeah, my GP seems to have taken the phone off the hook - just rings out

Might try a vaxx centre early on Thursday when I'm done with work

Comment

Try your chemist as well, probably less hassle than the vaxx centre

Comment

. Both him and Michael Mann should be barred from filmmaking after this.
                                                                                                      Never got around to watching black hat but if anyone has earned the right to a stinker or 100 it’s Michael mann
                                                                                                      for Heat alone but the add in Collateral, Miami Vice (movie and TV) , LOTM.

gtfo
                                                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

We got word that Greystones Vax centre had no queue on Saturday morning so we took a spin out. Word obviously spread as when we got there, a bit of a queue had formed (including somebody we know from Blackrock who had also got the same message, albeit from a different source). It moved pretty quickly and we were both in and out in about 45 minutes, was glad to have it done and dusted.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Never got around to watching black hat but if anyone has earned the right to a stinker or 100 it’s Michael mann
                                                                                                          for Heat alone but the add in Collateral, Miami Vice (movie and TV) , LOTM.

gtfo
                                                                                                          You're supposed to get better at things as you do them, not drastically worse

Heat - Amazing
                                                                                                          Collateral - Very good
                                                                                                          Miami Vice - Average
                                                                                                          Public Enemies - Below Average
                                                                                                          Black hat - Awful

I'm worried about what comes next!

Comment

He's 78. Doubt there is a next!

Comment

You're supposed to get better at things as you do them, not drastically worse

Heat - Amazing
                                                                                                              Collateral - Very good
                                                                                                              Miami Vice - Average
                                                                                                              Public Enemies - Below Average
                                                                                                              Black hat - Awful

i know i'm one of the few but never thought heat was very good. it always felt like he made 2 mediocre movies interlaced instead of one great one. need to rewatch it.

the miami vice series was phenomenal. the film was definitely average.

collateral was good, agree with HJ on the rest

Comment

not sure people get out much of the BBV these days but started a new xmas music king enrolment thread if anyone fancies it

music king enrolment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i know i'm one of the few but never thought heat was very good. it always felt like he made 2 mediocre movies interlaced instead of one great one. need to rewatch it.

the miami vice series was phenomenal. the film was definitely average.

collateral was good, agree with HJ on the rest
                                                                                                                  Rewatched Heat recently. Really enjoyed it. I listen to some of the Ringer rewatchables podcasts and they did one on Heat recently with Mann which was decent.

Comment

Jamie Oliver arouses very strong feelings of loathing in me - surely I'm not alone?

Mrs D3 just had one of his Xmas specials on the tv prompting a rant by me which seemed to catch her off guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                      We got word that Greystones Vax centre had no queue on Saturday morning so we took a spin out. Word obviously spread as when we got there, a bit of a queue had formed (including somebody we know from Blackrock who had also got the same message, albeit from a different source). It moved pretty quickly and we were both in and out in about 45 minutes, was glad to have it done and dusted.
                                                                                                                      Ah yeah, I'll get it done shortly one way or another. Reckon I have full-on diplomatic immunity if I haven't caught it over the last 2 weeks anyway.

Comment

Jamie Oliver arouses very strong feelings of loathing in me - surely I'm not alone?

Mrs D3 just had one of his Xmas specials on the tv prompting a rant by me which seemed to catch her off guard.
                                                                                                                        If I started a rant about St Jamie in my gaff I'd probably have my tongue removed in my sleep. Herself is a superfan. Choose your battlegrounds wisely.

Comment

Solksjaer! Theresa

Daly was diagnosed with bladder cancer last year actually. I didn't realise that at all. His swing is just a joy to watch, so free flowing. Always loved his colours and madcap clothes, great to have some individuality in the game. The young lad is the absolute pup of him. Outlandish scoring tbf and they probably should have got a little more coverage.

But Tiger is Tiger. He's always been and always will be the draw. Everyone is in his shadow. Just hope that the media attention isn't too much for his son.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X