X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
    Ah Lao Lao, come off it.

You are basically a more travelled Lazare.
    I dunno, Lazare runs a lot. He once ran from Dublin all the way to Kildare. True story.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

I did once go to a McDonald’s in Thailand in2001. And a Burger King in nha Trang 8 years ago.
      I was about a year behind you, arriving in Bangkok in Oct 2002.

I actually gave up most fast food when in Thailand after reading Fast Food Nation. Still haven't had a Mickey D's, Burger King, KFC, Supermacs, etc in over 19 years.

What did you think of Nha Trang? It was the only place that I felt a bit on edge in all of SE Asia. Tuk tuk drivers aggressively trying to sell you drugs and felt like they'd be straight round to the cop shop afterwards to rat you out and collect a reward.

Also the place where I had a full on drunken argument with Tim Roth as he was giving it loads that Dublin was a puppet state of the pope. He may have had a point but he was smug as fuck and I was having none of some English twat slaging us off in front of a bunch of his fan boys.

We also met an Irish chick there while out having pints, seemed sound at first but after a few beers, she got super aggro and became the drunkest person alive. We had to take her back to her hostel where she started to piss herself on the street and then had to chase off the tuk tuk driver who was trying to basically rape her as she pissed herself.

Yeah, Nha Trang was a bit odd for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

from limited experience, the guide has easy gimmes in the first one or two races
        Or assign each kid a trap number ( you will call the dogs horses) and stick to it.
        Last race, back every dog so they have a winner.
        We did some version of this!

Lovely night out. Kids were mad into it, after we explained the idea of gambling. Because its so quiet, you can have a table even with general admittance makes all the difference so you aren't freezing your bollix outdoors except when the dogs are running. Pretty class overall. Might even do it again some time.

The plumber also turned up and had the wrong tools to start. So a bit of a push on the evening overall.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

McCartney doc with Rick Rubin is excellent on Disney too if you didn’t get enough from the 8 hours of Get Back
          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

GFYLL

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Poor old Charlie Bird in a bad way on the LLS
              jaysus poor lad.

Here he was five years ago, and bottom is him today. fuck me that's sad.

Comment

Went to see Lamb this evening at the Lighthouse. A lot more laughs in it than you'd expect from the trailer or the reviews.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

jaysus poor lad.

Here he was five years ago, and bottom is him today. fuck me that's sad.

2 people I worked with died from this . It's worse than cancer .

One guy in his 50s had a DNR and the night he passed his missus asked him was he ok with the DNR . A resounding NO NO but leave it he mumbled with what was left of his voice box .. Was heartbreaking. Went to see him in the hospital. Those eyes will haunt me . Great guy . RIP Pat and Deborah .

Comment

We need another ice bucket Challenge . Raised a lot last time

Comment

Lol- in favour but not in favour of any of the actual consequences
                      A large majority of voters favour a united Ireland in the long term, but are opposed to a new national flag, a new national anthem, paying higher taxes or curtailing public spending to facilitate it, the latest Irish Times/Ipsos MRBI poll has found.
                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                        Lol- in favour but not in favour of any of the actual consequences
                        A large majority of voters favour a united Ireland in the long term, but are opposed to a new national flag, a new national anthem, paying higher taxes or curtailing public spending to facilitate it, the latest Irish Times/Ipsos MRBI poll has found.
                        AFAICT most Republicans believe we can simply genocide the loyalists and then we won't have to do any of that awkward compromising.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Some buzz on the last bus home yesterday. A couple of maskless young wans (16 tops) in the front seat trying to sing xmas songs, while knocking back a naggin of vodka. Middle aged woman in the other front seat trying to correct their mashing of the lyrics: 'It's 'feed the world', not 'feel the world'. All surprisingly good humoured though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Your man responded to her and it's fucking gold it's so bonkers.

I'm pretty skeptical about their motivations here.

She's a professional writer/attention seeker. She's married to Rand Fishkin (the smug looking dude in the photos) who is the multi-millionaire owner of Moz the SEO tool. She gave up her 'job' to 'blog' about their jet-setting lifestyle.

Zero chance she was genuinely surprised by this experience. Whatever about the shitey food and underwhelming experience she was very calculated in her approach to creating a piece of viral content that would promote herself and her pampered chums.

The meal will likely turn out to be the best of her life based on the opportunities that review will afford her and she can simply catch another plane to another Michelin starred restaurant and pish all over their triple-cooked truffle and parmesan chips for her privileged hangers on to swoon and giggle over.

8 out of 10 for writing. 0/10 for class
                            Last edited by BennyHiFi; 11-12-21, 09:23.

Comment

Just auto ignore anyone on Twitter with pronouns in their bio obvs
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Anywhere in Dublin to get a proper Italian panettone?

Tk maxx were a handy option used to have a bunch of them but they've not stocked any food items this year.

Comment

Ouch Benny, but that seems a fair analysis.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                    Just auto ignore anyone on Twitter with pronouns in their bio obvs
                                    My wokeness stops short of that. Collective insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Tk maxx were a handy option used to have a bunch of them but they've not stocked any food items this year.
                                      Little Italy in Smithfield or Fallon & Byrne (Exchequer St) would probably be your best bet I reckon

Comment

The pronouns thing seems to be something that everyone thought everyone would use, but only a few did and now they look like weirdos.

Comment

Think Aldi had them last year.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Saw a food show the other week that was basically a glorified ad for Carluccios in the UK and how they get 'special' ones. So the one on Dawson st might well have them too

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Think Aldi had them last year.
                                              Aldi and lidl ones are fine. I actually have a couple already. Tbf they're like a Brennans sliced pan compared to the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

I'm pretty skeptical about their motivations here.

She's a professional writer/attention seeker. She's married to Rand Fishkin (the smug looking dude in the photos) who is the multi-millionaire owner of Moz the SEO tool. She gave up her 'job' to 'blog' about their jet-setting lifestyle.

Zero chance she was genuinely surprised by this experience. Whatever about the shitey food and underwhelming experience she was very calculated in her approach to creating a piece of viral content that would promote herself and her pampered chums.

The meal will likely turn out to be the best of her life based on the opportunities that review will afford her and she can simply catch another plane to another Michelin starred restaurant and pish all over their triple-cooked truffle and parmesan chips for her privileged hangers on to swoon and giggle over.

8 out of 10 for writing. 0/10 for class
                                                Meant to post something similar last night
                                                didnt read the review but the all caps tweets about “SCREAMING WITH JOY” told me all I need to know
                                                shes one of those cunts who would do a running live tweeting stream on a flight about some poor fucker doing something innocuous that doesn’t live up to her warped Twitter verse version of the world
                                                Last edited by MysteryGuest; 11-12-21, 12:01.
                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

I'd love to spend a day randomly wandering around Dublin with PSV listening to his running commentary.

"Alternative Dublin view with PSV", it could take off tbf

Comment

Mike Nesmith dead at 78. The curse of the Monkees.

Comment

Even if that review is a piece of fiction its moderately amusing / enjoyable unlike 80 % of reviews . I've been in restaurants where I've had to get some fecking fast food afterwards . FIRE for example . I know one or two of you like it there but I was left staring at my plate incredulously. FEED ME SEYMOUR.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                        Mike Nesmith dead at 78. The curse of the Monkees.
                                                        Hey Hey I'm the monkey . Micky D left .

78 hardly a spring chicken though in terms of a curse. The 78 club not getting much sympathy. The 1st hand picked boy band ? Interesting background story.

Comment

I'd love to spend a day randomly wandering around Dublin with PSV listening to his running commentary.

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I might have thought about heading up to Dublin if the whitewater rafting centre down by the docks went ahead

but no, the usual moaners screeching about hospitals and dinge lord pubs like the cobblestone won out as usual
                                                            Last edited by MysteryGuest; 11-12-21, 12:38.

Comment

Lazare whats the latest with the neighbour?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                Little Italy in Smithfield or Fallon & Byrne (Exchequer St) would probably be your best bet I reckon
                                                                Popped in to The Cedar Tree for lunch so Fallon & Byrne is a handy one.

Whoever mentioned The Cedar Tree here before.... Thank you so much. Genuinely a food highlight for the year. Everything was amazing.

Comment

Lazare whats the latest with the neighbour?
                                                                  I'm waiting until I either bump into him or he plugs a cable to his car into it. Gonna tell him to move it.

A cable running accross a path overnight is a big GTFO.

If he tells me it's not for that and it's for rare car washing or something I'm telling him it's still got to go.

Hoping he plugs the car into it tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Hey Hey I'm the monkey . Micky D left .

78 hardly a spring chicken though in terms of a curse. The 78 club not getting much sympathy. The 1st hand picked boy band ? Interesting background story.
                                                                    Steve Bronski and Robbie Shakespeare gone too. All three made great contributions to the modern canon of popular music.

Comment

Are the pharmacies handing out booster shots yet or do you need to be over 50?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I'm waiting until I either bump into him or he plugs a cable to his car into it. Gonna tell him to move it.

A cable running accross a path overnight is a big GTFO.

If he tells me it's not for that and it's for rare car washing or something I'm telling him it's still got to go.

Hoping he plugs the car into it tbh.
                                                                        Genuinely it’s a safety issue trip hazard.

Comment

Covid update 128 hours after testing positive in an antigen much improvement. Aches pains gone slight nasal congestion sleep returned to normal. Depressingly sense of smell still not back had a goats cheese pizza with black pudding serrano ham seems a waste. From my experience small sample size the huge fear and trepidation hysteria that’s around us in warranted I get the same dose every couple of years and only I’ve Covid I’d not probably have missed any work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                            Be shocked if the hungry bastards are not in the gravy train choo choo.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

AFAICT most Republicans believe we can simply genocide the loyalists and then we won't have to do any of that awkward compromising.
                                                                              Many great nations were built on a bedrock of genocide. We'd shouldn't discount it as an option just yet.

Comment

Think once you got your last shot over 5 months ago you can no matter what age you are (for Pfizer anyway)

Comment

Mrs Lao Lao is out for dinner with a few friends so I have assigned myself the task of road testing some potential Christmas Day wines

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                    Covid update 128 hours after testing positive in an antigen much improvement. Aches pains gone slight nasal congestion sleep returned to normal. Depressingly sense of smell still not back had a goats cheese pizza with black pudding serrano ham seems a waste. From my experience small sample size the huge fear and trepidation hysteria that’s around us in warranted I get the same dose every couple of years and only I’ve Covid I’d not probably have missed any work.
                                                                                    I was pretty much the same. The worst bit was the anxiety around it. Was worried about it knocking my running way back.

Was grand in hindsight. Flu for me was 5x worse.

Some people are floored by it though, a guy I know through work is still in bits 8 months out.

Comment

Many great nations were built on a bedrock of genocide. We'd shouldn't discount it as an option just yet.
                                                                                      I'm always amazed at this communities aversion to firearms. When everyone is armed everyone is kinda careful. I find idiots in cars more scary than people with AK47s, most people with guns give them the respect and caution they deserve.

Comment

Pretty sure you need to be over 50 or have underlying medical conditions to get one, whether that be from a HSE vaccination centre or a pharmacy

Comment

I'm always amazed at this communities aversion to firearms. When everyone is armed everyone is kinda careful. I find idiots in cars more scary than people with AK47s, most people with guns give them the respect and caution they deserve.

Is the aversion not more about giving firearms out willy nilly to any aul nutjob without even the slightest hint of a background check?

I agree that most normal, rational people with guns give them the respect and caution they deserve. I see it with mates of my sister and brother in law who moved down to Cavan years ago. I've never been out on a shoot with them but have been there for several clay pigeon shooting events and safety is always paramount.

I've only ever came across people with AK47's once (outside of a shooting club/gun range) when I was in Laos. Walking down the street one night, stoned off our biscuit and there was two local lads walking towards us, also stoned as fuck, both of them with AK47's resting against their shoulder.

It was all a bit surreal.

Comment

Ah jebus; look at America

Comment

I've only ever came across people with AK47's once (outside of a shooting club/gun range) when I was in Laos. Walking down the street one night, stoned off our biscuit and there was two local lads walking towards us, also stoned as fuck, both of them with AK47's resting against their shoulder.

It was all a bit surreal.
                                                                                              Ah mine was only in Nicaragua in 1989. The cunts who were supposed to be protecting us decided to let off a few rounds to wake us up at least twice. Just the general carrying of them seemed fine to me though.

Comment

Ah mine was only in Nicaragua in 1989. The cunts who were supposed to be protecting us decided to let off a few rounds to wake us up at least twice. Just the general carrying of them seemed fine to me though.

Fairly sure you are on a wind up....
                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

In what way? There is a bit of thinking out loud, but without Kayroo to guide me anymore I don't know what to think about stuff.

Comment

Here's a photo I haven't shared before. Havana airport January 1990. I'm the one on the rhs

Comment

Partied out Carlos Mortensen and Young Skeletor rub shoulders with two IRA volunteers on the way to buy some Semtex.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Wombatman; 12-12-21, 00:04.
                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

AK47

Comment

Went to see a play in the Gate today, aimed at the kiddos admittedly, but honestly I'm not sure anyone has ever created anything worse in the history of making anything. I'd put the Armenian genocide as a more enjoyable creation. I can only guess that the person acting in it is related to someone great and good that nobody felt they could step in during rehearsals and point out how crap it was.

It made me slightly regret having, upon first sitting down in the theatre today getting carried away with the idea of going to the theatre more, and booking tickets for Endgame there towards the end of February. But surely they can't fuck up Beckett? And Frankie Fucking Boyle is going to be acting in it, the whole cast is bonkers good. Robert Sheehan, jaysus, how did they get him?!!

QdmQxgml.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

100% or else bring in the doctors.

Comment

Went to see a play in the Gate today, aimed at the kiddos admittedly, but honestly I'm not sure anyone has ever created anything worse in the history of making anything. I'd put the Armenian genocide as a more enjoyable creation. I can only guess that the person acting in it is related to someone great and good that nobody felt they could step in during rehearsals and point out how crap it was.

It made me slightly regret having, upon first sitting down in the theatre today getting carried away with the idea of going to the theatre more, and booking tickets for Endgame there towards the end of February. But surely they can't fuck up Beckett? And Frankie Fucking Boyle is going to be acting in it, the whole cast is bonkers good. Robert Sheehan, jaysus, how did they get him?!!

QdmQxgml.jpg
                                                                                                              Looks car crash in my humble opinion. I do like Frankie Boyle in his usual medium but how he'd adapt to this i'm not too sure.

Comment

Could be. After today's play I highly doubt their filtering skills.

Comment

European Cross Country in Abbotstown tres exciting for a grey Sunday Morning.

Comment

Could be. After today's play I highly doubt their filtering skills.
                                                                                                                    Pretty sure it went to shit after Michael Colgan was me tooed out of the place.https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...lgan-1.3279488

Comment

F1 might be worth a watch. Final race. Hamilton and Verstappen on exactly the same points. Starts at 1pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                        F1 might be worth a watch. Final race. Hamilton and Verstappen on exactly the same points. Starts at 1pm.
                                                                                                                        Sky F1 free also today on 106
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Sky F1 free also today on 106
                                                                                                                          Channel 4 got this too. Hope max can stay penalty free . He is not one for stepping aside.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X