• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Someone stick up a Fundalk punt there, crappy week and vino open

RDIII I'm looking at you......
    My dart landed on crystal pool in the 7pm
    4 places with pp
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Someone stick up a Fundalk punt there, crappy week and vino open

RDIII I'm looking at you......
      oh eh ummm, yes

Spirituoso e/w in the last with as many extra places as you can get

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'm no horsey man but I'm ahead of the BBV tipsters . Way ahead. Does yer husbands know anything about the Gee Gees lads

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          Watching the FIDE World Chess Championship a bit over the week. I can't think of any other "sport" where the commentators and analysts have to work as hard to make it watchable or interesting. Flicking between the different streams goes from insufferably boring to very interesting.
          This is an extraordinary game.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

This is an extraordinary game.
            Wow Magnus had only a slight advantage that was looking like a draw when I posted that... what ten minutes ago! Amazing, if he was going to get ahead in the classical I did not expect a result would come in anyway like that.

Comment

Wow Magnus had only a slight advantage that was looking like a draw when I posted that... what ten minutes ago! Amazing, if he was going to get ahead in the classical I did not expect a result would come in anyway like that.
              What stream were you watching? I found the chess.com one very good for that game.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

What stream were you watching? I found the chess.com one very good for that game.
                I was on chess 24 Its all about the commentary,
                I enjoyed Anish earlier in the week, I usually try to find one with Leko, Svidler or best of all Alexander Grischuk.

Comment

Anyone else watching The Beatles doc, Get Back, on Disney+?

Fascinating stuff if you're into watching the dynamic of a bunch of famous 20-somethings (arguably THE most famous 20-somethings ever) in the last throes of the first flush of their youth as life begins to move into the next phase for them and they try to wrap their heads around it.

Living in the moment but with unknown degrees of awareness of the influence they would exert over popular culture for half a century.

I've no doubt the full 8 hours or so it would bore most people to death but my god the job Peter Jackson has done with the sound and vision is, in itself, worth the plaudits. Looks like it was filmed yesterday.

I'd suggest if you want the TL;DR just jump to the last show, the rooftop show at Apple and you'll get the picture.

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 03-12-21, 20:49.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Fascinating stuff if you're into watching the dynamic of a bunch of famous 20-somethings (arguably THE most famous 20-somethings ever) in the last throes of the first flush of their youth as life begins to move into the next phase for them and they try to wrap their heads around it.

Living in the moment but with unknown degrees of awareness of the influence they would exert over popular culture for half a century.

I've no doubt the full 8 hours or so it would bore most people to death but my god the job Peter Jackson has done with the sound and vision is, in itself, worth the plaudits. Looks like it was filmed yesterday.

I'd suggest if you want the TL;DR just jump to the last show, the rooftop show at Apple and you'll get the picture.

Watched the first part and haven’t enjoyed anything as much in years. Massive fan but was worried it would be a massive let down but exceeded my expectations so far. Singing Golden Slumbers and Maxwells silver hammer to myself all day.
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Living in the moment but with unknown degrees of awareness of the influence they would exert over popular culture for half a century.s

It's absolutely brilliant.
                      6 hours pissed in.
                      I'd actually probably suggest not skipping ep 2 as the introduction of Billy on electric keyboard was like a lightning rod to the group.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I don't know how others may feel, but as someone who spent a fair few years arseing around in bands and doing demos in studios , writing songs etc. It's fascinating watching them at work.

Comment

I know Jackson is a Beatles superfan but I'd love one on the Stones . They are equally iconic and I suspect more eye opening footage than Get Back which is fascinating . Watching famous historical scenes pllayed out on screen by the actual protagonists in HD . What's not to love. More of this type o thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            It's absolutely brilliant.
                            6 hours pissed in.
                            I'd actually probably suggest not skipping ep 2 as the introduction of Billy on electric keyboard was like a lightning rod to the group.
                            Absolutely agree. Saving EP3 'til Sunday when MrsHiFi is back round these parts. She's not that much of a music fiend but she threatened me if I watched the rooftop show episode without her there'd be trouble.

Comment

I'm dying to watch it. Do you need a Disney sub or can you buy it?
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

For those that don't pay a monthly sub to evil corp It's easily available if you know where to look. I'm not a big fan but going to give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  I'm dying to watch it. Do you need a Disney sub or can you buy it?
                                  Currently on Disney only I think. But I'd say yer cousin could have a copy (not that I'd know )

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                    For those that don't pay a monthly sub to evil corp It's easily available if you know where to look. I'm not a big fan but going to give it a go.
                                    I would really like to hear your observations.

Comment

As long as they don’t come for the golf again I could do 20 more years of these restrictions standing on my head- you only do 2 days on lockdown the day you go in and the day you come out
                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Now this is talentgot me empathising with Barry Cowen

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Seriously though (and a version of this is happening in a lot of countries worldwide) stuff like the above is what happens when “serious journalists “ are reduced to blue tick gimps tripping over each other to leak whatever their establishment chums have told them to leak on Twitter

Comment

Friggin' puppy has taught herself how to open doors. Rampaging through the house at 5am.

Comment

This covid travel hoopjumpery is a load of bollox.

Vaccine proof not good for anything by the looks if things. I need a PCR test 72 hours out. But losing a day travel. Then limited by turnaround times and clinic hours.

I can imagine the hassle trying to explain to some clown with a clipboard why my cert looks different. So trying to get an Irish/EU cert to show. Filled out the application, attached the cert, doesn’t recognised my Irish passport. I’ve applied for a new one, which has been issued, but I haves received it yet. So guess my current passport is inactive.

Comment

We seem to have turned some kind of a corner where the mentalists and gobshites are on the front foot.

Uncharacteristic restraint from Cowan not to poleaxe that arseclown.

Was talking to a doctor last night who had a patient in first thing the other morning demanding an exemption for her child from wearing a mask in class
                                                'Whats wrong with him?'
                                                'Nothing'
                                                'Why can't he wear a mask?'
                                                'I don't want him to'

The appointment was for her and the child wasn't there. Whatever way she was told to GTFO you can be sure it was polite and accurate. A few hours later there is a carefully worded post on FB about the terrible experience at the doctors

Comment

6/8 14/14 & 13/13 in the Fundalk tipping stakes.

Hang yer heads in shame

PS if any of ye are looking for a new friendly bookmaker lemme know

Comment

We seem to have turned some kind of a corner where the mentalists and gobshites are on the front foot.

Uncharacteristic restraint from Cowan not to poleaxe that arseclown.

Was talking to a doctor last night who had a patient in first thing the other morning demanding an exemption for her child from wearing a mask in class
                                                    'Whats wrong with him?'
                                                    'Nothing'
                                                    'Why can't he wear a mask?'
                                                    'I don't want him to'

The appointment was for her and the child wasn't there. Whatever way she was told to GTFO you can be sure it was polite and accurate. A few hours later there is a carefully worded post on FB about the terrible experience at the doctors
                                                    I wonder did she have to pay for the appointment

Comment

6/8 14/14 & 13/13 in the Fundalk tipping stakes.

Hang yer heads in shame

PS if any of ye are looking for a new friendly bookmaker lemme know
                                                      What's in the past. Is in the past.

Serious racing today and tomorrow. Anyone like or preferably know anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

What's in the past. Is in the past.

Serious racing today and tomorrow. Anyone like or preferably know anything?
                                                        Get DP to post a few of his fancies up and we place lay thr bejesus out of them

Comment

I wonder did she have to pay for the appointment
                                                          I'd make it a 1/3 fav that you and I are stumping up for it.

Comment

I'd make it a 1/3 fav that you and I are stumping up for it.
                                                            Odds on Russia invading Ukraine?
                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Odds on Russia invading Ukraine?
                                                              They already have.

Comment

Looking like an overlay at the Bonnington if ye fancy a fix of poker before the latest close down kicks in on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                  Looking like an overlay at the Bonnington of the fancy a fix of poker before the latest close down kicks in on Monday.
                                                                  Wasnt aware of any tourney on in the bonnington... Was what competition is it?
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Looking like an overlay at the Bonnington of the fancy a fix of poker before the latest close down kicks in on Monday.
                                                                    If it's the mammoth... Then doesn't make sense as it's website says it postponed till march 2022
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

The Mammoth was cancelled alright,
                                                                      promoters decided to run single day events
                                                                      Saturday & Sunday for €150 with 15k guarantees since the venue was already booked.

Comment

The Mammoth was cancelled alright,
                                                                        promoters decided to run single day events Saturday & Sunday for €150 with 15k guarantees.

So there is a 14k guaranteed tourney tomorrow? If so may pop in if not too hungover.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

So there is a 14k guaranteed tourney tomorrow? If so may pop in if not too hungover.
                                                                          Starting at midday tomorrow.

15k guaranteed. 150 euro entry. 20min clock starting at 100-100 with a 100 ante. 25k stack. Playing to a finish tomorrow. Designed to finish before 11.45 tomorrow night but if it doesn't an ICM split will be done and paid out.

Comment

Some cricketing achievement today as Ajaz Patel became only the third bowler ever to take all ten wickets in a test innings. Made all the more notable as it was against the country of his birth, in the city of his birth!

Struggling for a sporting analogy for this feat. Maybe a 58 in golf.

Comment

Tigers voice sounds different.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                Some cricketing achievement today as Ajaz Patel became only the third bowler ever to take all ten wickets in a test innings. Made all the more notable as it was against the country of his birth, in the city of his birth!

Struggling for a sporting analogy for this feat. Maybe a 58 in golf.
                                                                                When does your cricket bet start ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

When does your cricket bet start ?
                                                                                  Weds at the Gabba. Which, oddly enough for a man with vertigo, I ballooned over on my birthday many years ago. We landed in a field with long grass and as I rushed to get out of the fucking thing, the pilot told me to watch out as the grass was full of snakes. I told him I didn't give a fuck, I just wanted out of the damn thing.

Fondly known as 'the Gabbatoir' by Brisbane locals.

I got a bit of 40/1 (now gone) with Betfred for top overall and 8/1 Bet365 for top English batsman.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Weds at the Gabba. Which, oddly enough for a man with vertigo, I ballooned over on my birthday many years ago. We landed in a field with long grass and as I rushed to get out of the fucking thing, the pilot told me to watch out as the grass was full of snakes. I told him I didn't give a fuck, I just wanted out of the damn thing.

Fondly known as 'the Gabbatoir' by Brisbane locals.

I got a bit of 40/1 (now gone) with Betfred for top overall and 8/1 Bet365 for top English batsman.
                                                                                    I might just have some of that.

I dont mind heights myself but heard a balloon horror story so dont think I'd be doing that any time.
                                                                                    somewhat courageous of a heights phobe to take that one on . Beer/drugs had ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I might just have some of that.

I dont mind heights myself but heard a balloon horror story so dont think I'd be doing that any time.
                                                                                      somewhat courageous of a heights phobe to take that one on . Beer/drugs had ?
                                                                                      It was at the crack of dawn so no intoxicants involved. The person who brought me didn't know me very well and was unaware of my lack of head for heights.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Starting at midday tomorrow.

15k guaranteed. 150 euro entry. 20min clock starting at 100-100 with a 100 ante. 25k stack. Playing to a finish tomorrow. Designed to finish before 11.45 tomorrow night but if it doesn't an ICM split will be done and paid out.
                                                                                        Cool, sound like something I will like. Will head up if not too hungover..

Comment

Just saw that they made the guarantee. €15,125 with €3,895 for the winner.

Comment

Incoherent Playlists FTW

Comment

Been listening to Muddy Waters more recently for the first time in years. Had him on in the car heading to Clare last week and it passed the time lovely. Really stands the test of time and an interesting character

Comment

Managed to wangle kidless for weekend. hit pub at midday. Shipped a few k on football. Alarm set for the 150 game at midday. Be in bar at 11 or whenever its open

Comment

lol
                                                                                                  <Image from Facebook removed per user request, Lloyd>
                                                                                                  Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 05-12-21, 09:54.

Comment

Darragh, you understand you are posting something to a forum I have asked to no longer be involved in with.

Children have been fine for two years. We have been told or were told ad nauseum they do not hugely spread the infection. That message has now changed. Id ask you ask why? There is a human cost, which perhaps you may not see, to asking your children at a devolpmental stage of their life to have vastly reduced engagement with non communicative communication stuff.

I sincerely doubt I am alone in having huge concerns about that. I also know plenty of parents, freinds, who have concerns, despite themsleves being vaxxed, of signing their kids up to be jabbed. Kids HAVE CLOSE TO ZERO RISK FROM COVID. It has now been proved that those vaccinated spread the disease in equal measure. It makes zero coherent sense bar the obvious one, that this is now an econmic tap which can never be turned off. Engage with that.

Regardless, presumably I am allowed to post an opinion to my personal page without being ridiculed by you.

You are a bully.

I did not consent to you posting that here. Take it down. Sit with yourself. Try and reconnect to whatever kindess you have and whatever unresolved stuff that has led you to this place. Grief. Whatever it may be.

I have played football with you, spent many hours at tables with you. I have always been respectful and corteous towards you. Id ask you extent me the same.

I personally believe, if humanity is to survive whatever this all is, history will view you as being very much on the wrong side of this.

Regardless, I wish you health, safety and peace.

Sam.
                                                                                                    Last edited by AlwaysPunting2021; 05-12-21, 04:11.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysPunting2021 View Post

I did not consent to you posting that here. Take it down. Sit with yourself. Try and reconnect to whatever kindess you have and whatever unresolved stuff that has led you to this place. Grief. Whatever it may be.

Sam.
                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                        Ok Collie. Best wishes to you too. Be well.

Comment

Hmm I agree the post should be taken down . Why try to ridicule someone you know by name. .

on the other side.
                                                                                                          Masks are harmless , I dont see the down side unless it's some anti Orwellesque stance , which by any stretch is OTT.

Happy Sunday hungover & No kids . Hmm hike or poker ?

Take care Mr Sam I doubt history will register the yeigh or neigh sayers too much. Main thing is to acquire the immunity as safely as possible. Booster shot soon I hope .

Comment

The non verbal communication argument is something I haven't heard expressed, and it does have some merit. But, it would have been considered in a risk assessment and deemed an unfortunate side effect.

It's a mild side effect though for a couple of reasons. First the measure is temporary, and second children (I think) won't wear masks during yard time. Play time is where that sort of learning is important. Reading at a desk, and watching and listening to the teacher not so much.

Your claim that it has been proven that there is no difference in spread between vaxxed and unvaxxed is patently false.

There is tons of bad faith 'scientific' articles out there claiming this dangerous nonsense. Covid mitigation has become a right versus left issue, mostly because of Trump. Those pushing such falsehoods (Those creating the 'data' I mean) have sinister agendas.

Here is a reputable source debunking that particular claim.

Comment

The sad thing is though, The Lancet won't be believed as reputable because scientists are deemed to be on the left.

Comment

When the time comes, that they begin to imprison, and ultimately exterminate and kill those who do not wish to take a vaccine from some of the most criminal companies in history, at what point are people going to stand with those, who simply want to be left alone, to live in peace, honouring and listening to their own bodies. I sincerely now believe we have reached a tipping point of algorithmic intelligence. I think humanity as a species is in big,big trouble. I believe it is somewhat clear that the system of economics as we know it is broken and this is all the tentacles of such. If you dont now feel terrified by the authoritarian over reach we see around the world I would humbly suggest you may well have been hacked by fear. That is entirely reasonable given the relentless delivery of narrative all around us.

If you dont see how dangerous a precedant this all is, I cant really express who far wrong a side you are on. Greed motivated companies dictating what goes into our bodies. Again, if you cant see that I personally find it utterly astonishing.

All that said, I left this platform for a reason and am posting because I saw Darraghs post on Facebook, in response to mine.

Again with true intent and sincerity I offer the man love, suggest he goes and simply sits and reconnects to his essence which is kindness and love.

I do not want my face and real name posted on a forum where I didnt choose to do it myself. I would again ask mods to remove that post. What I posted was only viewable to those who are my contacts. Darragh at the time was, but has chosen to display it on a public forum.

I have no desire to get into a debate re Covid. I respect all views irrespective how different they may be to my own.

Unfortunately, I think time will be prove I was right but would love nothing more than to be totally and utterly wrong.

I wont be responsding further under any circumstances. Id ask Mods to remove Darraghs post asap. Thank you.
                                                                                                                Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 05-12-21, 09:59.

Comment

This Bryony Frost vs Robbie Dunne thing is interesting. All the other female jocks seem to have taken the side of Dunne.

Be interesting to know what the true story is.

Comment

Good luck Sam.

Comment

Bought a ticket for the European Cross Country Champs next Sunday in Abbotstown.

1500m Olympic gold medalist Jacob Ingebrigtsen running in the men's senior race.

Can't wait to see this phenom in the flesh.

€8 a ticket to see one of the GOAT of a sport is bonkers cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysPunting2021 View Post
                                                                                                                        Children have been fine for two years. We have been told or were told ad nauseum they do not hugely spread the infection.
                                                                                                                        This is not true. The story from the start has been that children can spread coronavirus. But not develop Covid themselves.

It has now been proved that those vaccinated spread the disease in equal measure.
                                                                                                                        This is not true. Unvaccinated spread the virus by a significantly larger amount.

I just wanted to call out those false statements Sam. I’ve no doubt you believe them. I don’t want a reply. But if you see this, please do a tiny bit of research and consider where you are getting you information from.
                                                                                                                        as this isn’t the first time you’ve been mislead by scaremongering.

It makes zero coherent sense bar the obvious one, that this is now an econmic tap which can never be turned off. Engage with that..
                                                                                                                        How is the covid scenario an economic tap? Where is this money flowing from?

Covid has cost, and continues to cost, governments billions upon billions.

The average persons earnings are down. Expenditure is down. They are giving away less money than before.
                                                                                                                        Tourism is crippled. Aviation crippled. Hospitality crippled. The next effect of covid is a massive drain on the economy.
                                                                                                                        Where is this tap?

You honestly think politicians are sitting around smugly delighted with the last 24 months and how well they have gone. Or do you really think big pharma has hoodwinked 100+ governments around the world.

All that aside, regardless of opinions, posting somebody’s Facebook page to ridicule is shitty behaviour. Especially when they are a known individual.

As I said Sam, I don’t expect a reply. Feel free to PM if you like, or ignore. But please think about the above.
                                                                                                                        Hope to see you around.

Comment

Id ask for one last time as respectfully as I can.

PLEASE. Do not reference me in any further posts.

Full stop.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X