X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God be with the days.....

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

started watching reservation dogs. 3 episodes in and very impressed so far. Great potential.

Comment

Flights to Dublin booked. Mid December.
        One if the first A380 flights on its return. Not looking forward to 24hour flight. But will be good to be back for Christmas.

So my question to the bbq;
        Restaurant in Dublin? Thinking of lunch in Chapter One. But open to suggestions.
        Live poker in Dublin?
        A good wine bar?
        A good whiskey bar?
        Where (other than Lao’s house) can I get a bottle of Meerkust in Dublin. Let’s test the hype.
        And a strange one. Do any of the museums have any Dinosaurs? (Dinosaur mad nephew)

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Multiply that by three and you're close to the infamous breakfast in Heidis of Banagher.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            One if the first A380 flights on its return. Not looking forward to 24hour flight. But will be good to be back for Christmas.

Restaurant in Dublin? Thinking of lunch in Chapter One. But open to suggestions.
            Live poker in Dublin?
            A good wine bar?
            A good whiskey bar?
            Where (other than Lao’s house) can I get a bottle of Meerkust in Dublin. Let’s test the hype.
            And a strange one. Do any of the museums have any Dinosaurs? (Dinosaur mad nephew)
            A good wine bar - it's very dated and cliched but La Cave is a great spot to drink away a few hours (and they have Meerlust), especially if you can sit at the bar. The food is OK. Then go round the corner to the Emporium and lose all your AUD at poker.

That's 3 or 4 sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              A glass of very cold white wine and half a dozen oysters.
              that first glass of very cold white wine before dinner?

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Man Down as Danny takes the plunge today
                Best of luck dude
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                  started watching reservation dogs. 3 episodes in and very impressed so far. Great potential.
                  It's class, like most of these things it's hard to see it lasting very long but they should get at least another good season out of it, lots of good writing and acting, love the warrior stuff

I've just finished series 3 of that French show you were pimping 'Le Bureau Des Legendes'. It's fantastic, couldn't recommend it highly enough as an engaging spy / office politics drama. Nearly had a panic attack when I couldn't find subs for the version of S04 I have. It's great the way that the spy stuff is bunkum but they somehow keep it sort of plausible and without too much fireworks, I'm thinking of scenes like the one towards the end of S03 in the hotel corridor, it had more tension than you'd in a couple of series of most shows and all they did was write it well.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Why the fuck is there a tub of marmalade in the middle of the plate

Comment

A glass of very cold white wine and half a dozen oysters.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

that first glass of very cold white wine before dinner?

Breakfast obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Why the fuck is there a tub of marmalade in the middle of the plate
                          No white pudding either. Probably my favourite component of a fry\grill.

Comment

It's class, like most of these things it's hard to see it lasting very long but they should get at least another good season out of it, lots of good writing and acting, love the warrior stuff

I've just finished series 3 of that French show you were pimping 'Le Bureau Des Legendes'. It's fantastic, couldn't recommend it highly enough as an engaging spy / office politics drama. Nearly had a panic attack when I couldn't find subs for the version of S04 I have. It's great the way that the spy stuff is bunkum but they somehow keep it sort of plausible and without too much fireworks, I'm thinking of scenes like the one towards the end of S03 in the hotel corridor, it had more tension than you'd in a couple of series of most shows and all they did was write it well.
                            yeah, love the indian. the 3rd episode wwith the hospital scenes and then trying to sell that 30 year old weed with the uncle was just great. good to hear the rest is good too.

bureau des legendes is definitely one of my favorites. glad you like it!

Comment

I think I may have been kind of racist at the Vending machine in work. I usually have banter with whoever is hanging around that area. ANyhoo an Oriental chap was musing his selections and insisted I go before him I said ah yer fine no hurry. He then goes back to musing talking to himself, hmm E54 , or D 27 like he was considering his next move in a game of battleships. I said, ah here, it’s not the fecking Squid Games. A few around the place started laughing but he didn’t. Then I thought FECK.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Live poker in Dublin?
                                A good wine bar?
                                A good whiskey bar?

Restaurants - Plenty on offer - Chapter One & Guilbaud's are the most high profile but places like One Pico, Uno Mas, Etto, Host, Mae are all delivering seriously good food. Alta Winter House is opening this weekend and looks to be very good but smallest table they do is 4 people

Poker - Pretty sure your only option is the Emporium

Wine Bar - New place opened on Fenian St, called Note (previously Probus Wines) that is getting a lot of good reviews - I'm heading there on Saturday night so will see if it lives up to the hype

Whiskey Bar - Only one I know of it the Dingle Whiskey Bar on Nassau St - Not a whiskey buff so not sure how good it is.

Meerlust - Why wait until mid December?

Brave New World Wine source and procure Fine South African Wines for Expat South Africans, Australian Wine Lovers & Fine Dining Establishments.

Dinosaurs - Natural Museum is still closed as far as I know - That's the only place that springs to mind.

Comment

Dinosaurs in tayto park too.
                                  Bonus: Free tayto

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                    I think I may have been kind of racist at the Vending machine in work. I usually have banter with whoever is hanging around that area. ANyhoo an Oriental chap was musing his selections and insisted I go before him I said ah yer fine no hurry. He then goes back to musing talking to himself, hmm E54 , or D 27 like he was considering his next move in a game of battleships. I said, ah here, it’s not the fecking Squid Games. A few around the place started laughing but he didn’t. Then I thought FECK.
                                    You might as well have had a white pillowcase on your head and a flaming torch in your hand.

CANCEL SOLKS

Comment

You might as well have had a white pillowcase on your head and a flaming torch in your hand.

CANCEL SOLKS
                                      Plus I had Tayto from slot D24 . A fat racist .

Comment

Finally got the wife to agree to watch "This is England '86"...she was finding it tough enough going but that scene in E3.."I'm only practicing kissing" was a tough watch !
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Zindabad Pakistan! Looking at a big total here

Comment

Zindabad Pakistan! Looking at a big total here
                                            oooh big drop by Smith there. that would have been massive

Comment

oooh big drop by Smith there. that would have been massive
                                              Think I BBV'd them anyway, completely run out of steam. They're basically going to post the same score England did yesterday, which will be gettable.

Comment

Think I BBV'd them anyway, completely run out of steam. They're basically going to post the same score England did yesterday, which will be gettable.
                                                177 is a decent total. should be interesting Aus innings

Comment

Anyone familiar with Vienna? Snaffled a couple of flights in the Ryanair "fiver a seat sale" yesterday. Worked out at 40 quid return each when all other shite was taken into account so happy enough.

So far she wants to go to Christmas markets and a day trip to Bratislava. Both grand. Anything that's a must do? Or if anyone can recommend a good restaurant or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Restaurants - Plenty on offer - Chapter One & Guilbaud's are the most high profile but places like One Pico, Uno Mas, Etto, Host, Mae are all delivering seriously good food. Alta Winter House is opening this weekend and looks to be very good but smallest table they do is 4 people

Poker - Pretty sure your only option is the Emporium

Wine Bar - New place opened on Fenian St, called Note (previously Probus Wines) that is getting a lot of good reviews - I'm heading there on Saturday night so will see if it lives up to the hype

Whiskey Bar - Only one I know of it the Dingle Whiskey Bar on Nassau St - Not a whiskey buff so not sure how good it is.

Meerlust - Why wait until mid December?

Brave New World Wine source and procure Fine South African Wines for Expat South Africans, Australian Wine Lovers & Fine Dining Establishments.

Dinosaurs - Natural Museum is still closed as far as I know - That's the only place that springs to mind.

Whiskey Bar - Upstairs in The Palace Bar is good. As is Bowes of Fleet Street.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                      Anyone familiar with Vienna? Snaffled a couple of flights in the Ryanair "fiver a seat sale" yesterday. Worked out at 40 quid return each when all other shite was taken into account so happy enough.

So far she wants to go to Christmas markets and a day trip to Bratislava. Both grand. Anything that's a must do? Or if anyone can recommend a good restaurant or 2.
                                                      A visit or two to a historic coffee house is a must https://viennawurstelstand.com/guide...s-and-writers/

I'd try and and get to hear some classical music if you were so minded too.

Comment

177 is a decent total. should be interesting Aus innings
                                                        the fat little fuck Warner is giving it a fair bash

Comment

the fat little fuck Warner is giving it a fair bash
                                                          The 6 off the double-bounced mis-bowl was just gorgeous. Hit like a '65 in croker.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

The 6 off the double-bounced mis-bowl was just gorgeous. Hit like a '65 in croker.
                                                            Should have given AUS 12 runs for that. I don't think I've ever seen that at international level!

Comment

FUCK OFF WARNER.

Comment

big wicket! gonna be close

Comment

wow, he wasn't out. crazy

Comment

wow, he wasn't out. crazy
                                                                    He certainly walked off like a man who thought he'd hit it. Generally as a batsman you do know.

The replays showed he was nowhere near it. Bizarre.

Comment

I have a practical shower question. The electrician who is rewiring the house said to get the shower for installation. He then gave me some instructions, I didn't understand them, then he repeated them and I still don't understanding, and now I am turning to you rather than asking him for a third time.

He said to get a shower "that is gravity feed. Which means its coming off the tank in the attic"

How do you know if a shower is gravity feed? It doesn't seem to be a label that is attached to showers.

E.g. I saw this one in Woodies and was thinking of getting it because it looks shiny and a bit cool. Is that gravity feed? We wanted a pump built in also to get a bit of water pressure.
                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Cameraman is on a serious mission to find the most beautiful female Pakistan fans.

He's doing well tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                          I have a practical shower question. The electrician who is rewiring the house said to get the shower for installation. He then gave me some instructions, I didn't understand them, then he repeated them and I still don't understanding, and now I am turning to you rather than asking him for a third time.

He said to get a shower "that is gravity feed. Which means its coming off the tank in the attic"

How do you know if a shower is gravity feed? It doesn't seem to be a label that is attached to showers.

E.g. I saw this one in Woodies and was thinking of getting it because it looks shiny and a bit cool. Is that gravity feed? We wanted a pump built in also to get a bit of water pressure.
                                                                          Are you getting an electric shower put in

I presume so if your talking to the electrician not a plumber?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Are you getting an electric shower put in

I presume so if your talking to the electrician not a plumber?
                                                                            Yeah. Its part of the electrician moving through the house and doing everything. https://www.woodies.ie/mira-elite-se...ectric-1170843 I just don't know what 'gravity feed' means in a shower apart from the literal meaning of gravity.

Comment

Did you read that link?

Designed For Low Pressure, Gravity Fed Systems En
                                                                              njoy Excellent Water Pressures With The Integrated Pump Simply Divert Between The Beautiful 200Mm Deluge

Comment

Yeah. Its part of the electrician moving through the house and doing everything. https://www.woodies.ie/mira-elite-se...ectric-1170843 I just don't know what 'gravity feed' means in a shower apart from the literal meaning of gravity.
                                                                                Just means the water feed comes from the tank in the attic rather than direct from the mains feed (ive never been involved with electric showers and wasnt aware they could be done that way tbh)

Just one thing i would say - personally, if the house will generally always have hot water at showering times id much rather have a standard shower, with a pump if necessary if its going to be the main one in regular use.

Comment

Did you read that link?
                                                                                  ah!!!

Comment

Just means the water feed comes from the tank in the attic rather than direct from the mains feed (ive never been involved with electric showers and wasnt aware they could be done that way tbh)

Just one thing i would say - personally, if the house will generally always have hot water at showering times id much rather have a standard shower, with a pump if necessary if its going to be the main one in regular use.
                                                                                    As in, a shower like that might be overkill?

Comment

22 off 12...tight tight tight

Although NZ romped home comfortably in the same position yesterday.

A Super Over would be nice..

Comment

As in, a shower like that might be overkill?
                                                                                        No, I'm just not a fan of Electric Showers, the pressure has never been great compared to say a standard shower with a 1.5 bar pump on it. Now maybe they have improved and they will still do the job but i like a decent lump of water. They are probably better suited if going over a bath where you dont have a full enclosure but if its for an en-suite shower id always go the traditional route. I mean they are basically a large kettle so theres only so much hot water they can produce as you are standing there.

Comment

No, I'm just not a fan of Electric Showers, the pressure has never been great compared to say a standard shower with a 1.5 bar pump on it. Now maybe they have improved and they will still do the job but i like a decent lump of water. They are probably better suited if going over a bath where you dont have a full enclosure but if its for an en-suite shower id always go the traditional route. I mean they are basically a large kettle so theres only so much hot water they can produce as you are standing there.
                                                                                          I get you now. I hadn't really thought about what an electric shower was to be honest.

Comment

I get you now. I hadn't really thought about what an electric shower was to be honest.
                                                                                            If you are going the electric route i think Triton do silent running ones which might be better. Talk to John as he'd sell all the brands and would know best, i dont know enough about them.

Edit - i see that one you linked is silent too
                                                                                            Last edited by Dice75; 11-11-21, 17:55.

Comment

Try the Mira Dual electric shower comes with standard rail and rainhead
                                                                                              if looking at power shower off emmersion try an aqualisa aquastream very powerful shower
                                                                                              ask Ciaran what he thinks is best

Comment

A Trans-Tasman final. Boo-urns.

Will be funking NZ hard on Sunday, after we smash them Saturday.

8/1 the double.

Comment

Absolutely floored with a dose the last 2 days. Negative pcr and antigen tests. Basically bed bound with pains, fever, chills and sore throat. Temp was spiking from 36 to almost 40 and back. For previous few days I was really low on energy.

Had a family funeral on Friday so I took the tests as a precaution given that I wasnt feeling 100%. Never had anything quite this instantly debilitating. Kind of starting to come around this evening and get an appetite. Have tickets for book of mormon on Saturday afternoon which is getting a bbv one time shout out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

We installed blinds in there last week. I was in it a few weeks ago in the middle of it's refurb and it looked like it was going to be pretty nice alright.
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Quick chipcount scan at start of Day 3 of WSOP i can see that i know -

Glen Keogh (JP reg) 460k
                                                                                                      Lappin 270k
                                                                                                      Downtown 260k
                                                                                                      Ballymorechris 170k
                                                                                                      Gareth McMahon 130k
                                                                                                      Michael Dwyer 90k
                                                                                                      Andy Black 86k
                                                                                                      Doke 40k

Ave stack 169k

2362/6650 left, 1000 paid

Comment

Quick chipcount scan at start of Day 3 of WSOP i can see that i know -

Gareth McMahon 130k
                                                                                                        Emoticons fail me

Comment

Emoticons fail me
                                                                                                          Havent played with him barely at all bar once i can remember a few years ago but he seems like the type to want to be learning and improving all the time

Comment

Wait till you start thinking about what electricity is. When you get down to quarks, you'll have forgotten the practical stuff you thought you knew.
                                                                                                            Last edited by ComradeCollie; 11-11-21, 20:09.
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Havent played with him barely at all bar once i can remember a few years ago but he seems like the type to want to be learning and improving all the time
                                                                                                              Good luck to him, he can be great craic to play with and can definitely talk the talk, I genuinely like the lad and I hope it works out well for him.

Comment

Jaysis, old Downtown still in the game yo. I'll adopt him as my funkee for the WSOP.

Comment

Jaysis, old Downtown still in the game yo. I'll adopt him as my funkee for the WSOP.
                                                                                                                  Was thinking the same thing. Rory's a good guy.

How are they all still playing poker though after all these years.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Yeah, doesn't surprise me at all. Pretty fearless and eager to learn, he probably spent the lockdown grinding mtts with a higher standard of play.

I was thinking of the that place the other day, some great stories from that time. One thing that was always a bone of contention in there was the kaliki games. They take up space, take players aways from poker games, waste waitresses timeetc - absolutely terrible for business. In fact the game would be so big sometimes it could busto poker players for a while.

So why were they allowed to happen? Because some of management played in them! Every few months when the political winds blew a rule would come in that the game had to be raked.

Now, this is really a hard rule to apply, there is no dealer to take the rake and you are relying on a group of people with dubious morals and a sense of injustice about having to pay for what they considered their birthrate.

However, the managers responsible for making the rule had no clue how the casino actually operated, and often the person responsible for getting the rake would be playing the game. So after a few days compliance would falter until the rake was forgotten about for a few months.

Another problem were the sattelite games. So, originally it was just one game, which because of the stakes came to be known as the executive game. Having one kaluki game going wasn't a huge deal, but it attracted others, so sometimes the casino would have more people playing kaluki than poker! Can you imagine any other business being run like this? Especially one with pretty low margins like the a poker room.

But it's difficult to ban sattelite games without also banning the executive game, so the games were tolerated... however waitresses were told to ignore the sattelite games, a instruction the waitresses promptly ignored.

Now, this is all really a prelude to the main story! One of the players in the executive game was thought to be cheating. In fact there were rumours that there was video evidence. I never saw it myself so I don't know for sure.

That leads to a tricky situation...officially these games don't exist. So can you ban someone for cheating in a game that isn't actually running? Well it turns out you can. But a couple of years later the ban was rescinded. This was a move that was almost universally unpopular amongst poker players for obvious reasons, and drove some away to other clubs. There was plenty of speculation about people being bribed, I obviously have no idea if that's the case but I struggle to come up with any other rationale.

​​​​​​It really was a special place, I quite miss it.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Hectorjelly; 11-11-21, 21:49.

Comment

Bargain Alert:

Tesco have lube reduced by 33%. Though even their regular price is cheaper than Amazon. https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Produ.../?id=260827079

279715011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=5822bfbc5312031450b7d20588109a0e.jpg
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

How does the betting work in Kaluki HJ?

Comment

Moneymaker is the Chip Leader

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X