X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Sounds about right imo
    Nah. It's brutalistic. The guy resigned. Shame him and send him on his way. There's no chance his future behaviour is affected by whether or not he goes to prison, so it has no rehabilitation purpose.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Love it

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
        My latest song is out today. It's very acoustic, so it might suit people here a bit more than normal! https://open.spotify.com/track/65WcIfBym46XQ72EYf1IOm?si=de31f6424daa40c6
        Very nice HJ. I did feel this one could benefit from a vocal in places. As soaring female lead maybe or even just some more enigmatic samples would also work a treat.

Any plans for a physical release? Or are you promoting them in any specific way to try get publishing or licensing or the like?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Nah. It's brutalistic. The guy resigned. Shame him and send him on his way. There's no chance his future behaviour is affected by whether or not he goes to prison, so it has no rehabilitation purpose.
          Hmmm.

I'll side with the actual law-talking guy on this one.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It will make me think twice about releasing rats into a council office.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Hmmm.

Not like a human judge could ever get something wrong.

Nothing to be gained from locking him up.
              airport, lol

Comment

It seems like some sort of mania overtook him because of whatever was going on in work. A bit of therapy might be the useful answer.

Comment

Work xmas lunch booked for Shanahans. Result
                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

A bit of therapy might be the useful answer.
                    Rat Man was one of Freud's most famous cases.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Rat Man was one of Freud's most famous cases.
                      Rat Man and Bobin

Comment

Maybe it was all the love directed towards Bat Man that drove Rat Man to therapy. The genetic lottery can be cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Ionapaul, PSV, War On Drugs tix are available. 3 Arena April 14th
                          Thanks for the heads up on this BTW; grabbed standing tickets earlier.

Upcoming have the Book of Mormon, Public Service Broadcasting, The War On Drugs, Guns'n'Roses and yet another trip to Rock Werchter (current headliners are Pearl Jam, Metallica, Faith No More, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Twenty-One Pilots, whomever the latter are!), will be a busy 2022! And still hoping to sell a house/buy a fucking house in the next six months...

Comment

Weather has been unreal here in Galway over the last three days. Golfing and working from home are solid bedfellows. Wearing a t-shirt and getting a little colour from the sun <> late October for me.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hmmm.

Unlikely he serves a day in prison. Not sure that sentence ever holds up on appeal.
                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I'm kinda with HH on this. What if they were badgers ? Or Hedgehogs?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Unlikely he serves a day in prison. Not sure that sentence ever holds up on appeal.
                                  I finally nailed a legal call! Batting 1 from 1000, but its looking rosy now

Comment

Cant sleep properly these days, in bed at 11 and wide awake at 4am. Down watching my golf punt Matsuyama in Japan and playing on Stars, must be 2006 again

Bring back the night crew

Comment

Nightcrew crew assemble?
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                        I'm kinda with HH on this. What if they were badgers ? Or Hedgehogs?
                                        There's something visceral about rats being used here.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hard to imagine how one accidently shoots two people on a film set https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/21/u...smid=url-share
                                          Last edited by ComradeCollie; 22-10-21, 08:57.
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Alec Baldwin involved in fatal shooting on a film set with a 2nd person hospitalised.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                              Hard to imagine how one accidently shoots two people on a film set https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/21/u...smid=url-share
                                              I'd imagine he shot the 1st person then thought WTF are these bullets real ? Then shot the 2nd person to be sure the 1st one wasnt messing with him .

Comment

Raticst

Comment

This current cold going around is just brutal. Think the dobbsmaster was mentioning it earlier in the week also. Seems way worse than regular colds, but maybe I've just forgotten what regular colds are like.

Comment

watched titane yesterday. Winner of the palme d'or this year, it's from the same director who did "raw" a few years back, and she stayed in the same "what the actual fuck did i just watch" mode. Beautifully shot, but mother of god, what a cluster fuck. Loved it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                      Hard to imagine how one accidently shoots two people on a film set
                                                      The firearms used on film set are often real firearms. Especially those that have to cycle and fire in up close shots.
                                                      The obvious example being Brandon Lee shot on the set of The Crow.

Comment

This current cold going around is just brutal. Think the dobbsmaster was mentioning it earlier in the week also. Seems way worse than regular colds, but maybe I've just forgotten what regular colds are like.
                                                        Felt worse than what I remember definitely but maybe that's cos I haven't even had a sniffle since 2019 now. Was 3 days of constant runny nose and a small headache. Thankfully all subsided about Wednesday evening and feel 100% now again. Even managed to play a full match last night that was very physical so definitely back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Very nice HJ. I did feel this one could benefit from a vocal in places. As soaring female lead maybe or even just some more enigmatic samples would also work a treat.

Any plans for a physical release? Or are you promoting them in any specific way to try get publishing or licensing or the like?
                                                          That's interesting, I didn't even consider a vocal but I can see how it could work!

I do plan on a physical release, but not for a while. I have a lot of music to release over the next few months, I fell out with about a couple of mixing engineers so I'm just working on the mixing and mastering process now.

The only promotion I'm doing currently is trying to get the songs onto blogs and playlists, with some success. I do plan to do more, but not for a while. I feel like every release is a lot better than the last, so I'm happy to wait for a while. I have an EP coming out soon with a singer that I think deserves promotion more than this batch!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                            watched titane yesterday. Winner of the palme d'or this year, it's from the same director who did "raw" a few years back, and she stayed in the same "what the actual fuck did i just watch" mode. Beautifully shot, but mother of god, what a cluster fuck. Loved it!!!
                                                            Nice one, ill definitely watch this sometime over Halloween.

Comment

Today's interesting fact - The U.S. entered a naval war in 1941-42 without working torpedoes and didn't even realize that the torpedoes didn't work until 1943.

https://www.historynet.com/us-torped...rld-war-ii.htm
                                                              Last edited by Hectorjelly; 22-10-21, 12:41.

Comment

as opposed to what?
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Jaysus, poker back in the Aquarium is great news.
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

That's nearly true, your immune system has forgotten how to fight them off easily
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      BTC is a rising tide, pretty much everything up on the back of it.
                                                                      Just need my precious AAVE to moon like I had planned and I'll be a happy dude
                                                                      All AAVE holders are being airdropped a new token - it should be worth at least a hundred dollars - https://twitter.com/GeistFinance/sta...422427136?s=20

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Comment

Today's interesting fact - The U.S. entered a naval war in 1941-42 without working torpedoes and didn't even realize that our torpedoes didn't work until 1943.

Our?
                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Jaysus, poker back in the Aquarium is great news.
                                                                          Is it though ? Will the players be still held in almost contempt like before? Location wise perfect for town lovely place to play not so sure on the management though.

Comment

About a month ago, a fairly big customer of ours asked me to give a presentation to their industry body about what happening in the market. It was a win/win. Customer got internal credit for bringing in the experts, we scored brownie points with the customer and got access to potential new business.

Following on from that, we discovered that the industry body runs a trade magazine. Not for sale in shops but goes to hundreds of their members 6 times a year so they asked me to pen an article for them. Just shy of 1,300 words submitted and accepted and they were very happy with it. They then asked me for a profile pic which I sent but came back and asked for another one with higher resolution which I also sent and their response was ' Great, that will work perfect for the article and the cover of the magazine'

I'm presuming that I will be a small picture in the bottom left corner of the cover page and not THE cover page - unless of course, they are trying to up their female readership

They also now want me to be a guest speaker at their annual expo in the RDS next month

I may have to get the building facilities people in to widen the door to my office...

Comment

All AAVE holders are being airdropped a new token - it should be worth at least a hundred dollars - https://twitter.com/GeistFinance/sta...422427136?s=20

Where is it being dropped?
                                                                              I moved my AAVE from my exchange wallet to my Ledger ages ago to just HODL.
                                                                              (I think I asked here about staking it etc)
                                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 22-10-21, 12:59.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Our?
                                                                                Haha, I'd already edited it. Although I think we've ascertained that IPB supports the US in all military endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

About a month ago, a fairly big customer of ours asked me to give a presentation to their industry body about what happening in the market. It was a win/win. Customer got internal credit for bringing in the experts, we scored brownie points with the customer and got access to potential new business.

Following on from that, we discovered that the industry body runs a trade magazine. Not for sale in shops but goes to hundreds of their members 6 times a year so they asked me to pen an article for them. Just shy of 1,300 words submitted and accepted and they were very happy with it. They then asked me for a profile pic which I sent but came back and asked for another one with higher resolution which I also sent and their response was ' Great, that will work perfect for the article and the cover of the magazine'

I'm presuming that I will be a small picture in the bottom left corner of the cover page and not THE cover page - unless of course, they are trying to up their female readership

They also now want me to be a guest speaker at their annual expo in the RDS next month

I may have to get the building facilities people in to widen the door to my office...
                                                                                  We need this magazine name obvs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Is it though ? Will the players be still held in almost contempt like before? Location wise perfect for town lovely place to play not so sure on the management though.
                                                                                    Going by Padraig's blog entry here , it looks like there is a plan in place.

Comment

Where is it being dropped?
                                                                                      I moved my AAVE from my exchange wallet to my Ledger ages ago to just HODL.
                                                                                      (I think I asked here about staking it etc)
                                                                                      Geist is on the Fantom network, so you will need metamask to set it up. Fantom is a similar network to ETH, but with tiny transaction fees. I can send you some ftm to pay the transaction fees you will need, it will be less than a dollar.

Comment

I’m guessing I missed that. Other airdrops planned?

Comment

Geist is on the Fantom network, so you will need metamask to set it up. Fantom is a similar network to ETH, but with tiny transaction fees. I can send you some ftm to pay the transaction fees you will need, it will be less than a dollar.
                                                                                          I have a metamask wallet but it appears the airdrop was done based on a snapshot on the 5th Oct.
                                                                                          If my aave is safely locked away on ledger, my assumption is that it wasn't on the nessesary block to avail of the airdrop at the time.

Am I right there?

Comment

I was able to add fantom network to my metamask wallet anyway

Comment

Today's interesting fact - The U.S. entered a naval war in 1941-42 without working torpedoes and didn't even realize that the torpedoes didn't work until 1943.

They needed Baldwin on the trigger!

Comment

We need this magazine name obvs.
                                                                                                I was literally about to post the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Is there a timetable anywhere?

Comment

Youd be amazed how speaking with Authority publicly can stand to you Lao Lao. A girl I went to school with . Multitalened lady , top opera singer etc. She has dealt with a lot of well kbow folk. She is available for anyone who wants to command a stage. I can get ye in touch.

Here is a clip of here in 2011

Comment

Going by Padraig's blog entry here , it looks like there is a plan in place.
                                                                                                      Nice to see Luke Ivory involved. Man is straight as an arrow.

Last time I was in the Emporium, I was dealt a tirade of abuse by a reg after getting lucky against him. It was the worst verbal abuse I've ever had directed at me and went on for about 2mins straight. So I got up with my 800 quid and walked out the door. Didnt want to complain or make a scene as I'd had a few drinks and didnt want it to seem like I was just drunk.

Will happily give it another spin with Luke on board anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                        Youd be amazed how speaking with Authority publicly can stand to you Lao Lao. A girl I went to school with . Multitalened lady , top opera singer etc. She has dealt with a lot of well kbow folk. She is available for anyone who wants to command a stage. I can get ye in touch.

Here is a clip of here in 2011
                                                                                                        Never knew you were a teacher

Comment

Is there a timetable anywhere?
                                                                                                          Padraig Parkinson is heavily involved in this 'relaunch' so I have no doubt it will be 'by the player for the players'.

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post

Padraig Parkinson is heavily involved in this 'relaunch' so I have no doubt it will be 'by the player for the players'.
                                                                                                            And maybe Guinness at the bar

Comment

Luke is great. Someone pop up a note when an actual tournament is announced, will ye?

Comment

I see the Dublin Bus (and Luas and Dart?) 90-minute fare is starting next month. Such a better idea. You no longer need to say where you are going - every ticket is a 90 minute ticket. Unlimited travel as long as you get on the transport option before the 90 minutes is up. Think its going to be about €2.50.

Then under 25s get half price travel (irrespective of being a student or working), so they can travel wherever they want for €1.25. Its a genuine gamechanger. Public transport will finally be cheaper than driving. Except for families, where the car is still vastly cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Nice to see Luke Ivory involved. Man is straight as an arrow.
                                                                                                                  lol

Comment

I have a metamask wallet but it appears the airdrop was done based on a snapshot on the 5th Oct.
                                                                                                                    If my aave is safely locked away on ledger, my assumption is that it wasn't on the nessesary block to avail of the airdrop at the time.

Am I right there?
                                                                                                                    No, you should get it.

All your ledger does is make it harder to use your ethereum wallet, your account will still be on the block as a holder of AAVE (this is a bit of a simplifcation!). If you had the AAVE in an exchange, then the exchange would get the airdrop. Exchanges often arrange for users to receive airdrops but not always.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I’m guessing I missed that. Other airdrops planned?
                                                                                                                      You didn't miss if (I'm assuming you own AAVE!), it only goes live in a few hours.

Comment

No, you should get it.

All your ledger does is make it harder to use your ethereum wallet, your account will still be on the block as a holder of AAVE (this is a bit of a simplifcation!). If you had the AAVE in an exchange, then the exchange would get the airdrop. Exchanges often arrange for users to receive airdrops but not always.
                                                                                                                        so will it turn up in my ETH wallet on ledger at some stage?

Comment

You didn't miss if (I'm assuming you own AAVE!), it only goes live in a few hours.
                                                                                                                          wait...what else do I need to do?

1. have AAVE on eth ledger wallet (or whatever)
                                                                                                                          2. Have FTM wallet on metamask
                                                                                                                          3. ???
                                                                                                                          4. Free tokens somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X