Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughter unintentionally ratted me out last night.

The boss of bosses asked her what the
    most terrifying experience of her life was and she recounted the "amusing" story about me going missing for 48 hours at Burning Man.

Pretty sure I'm screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

You sir are a Philistinian.
      Average enough movie but my God it was Waaay overrated .
      I listened to a guy I know exalt the film beyond logic.
      I was hoping the guy from American Beauty would appear and blow the fecking pair of them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
        Average enough movie but my God it was Waaay overrated .
        Ah, it's a thing of beauty. The look of bafflement that persists on Bill Murray's face for the entire movie.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I had a thought last night, as I finished the last episode of Only Murders in the Building - we never did a Steve Martin day.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

@HH: when you went to Denmark, did you have to do anything other than wave your phone with covid certs when asked?

Doesn't seem like I have to fill in a locator form but the Danish website isn't the best.
            Thats it. Just show the app and done. Then step out of the airport (masks required) and look at everyone in taxis, busses, restaurants, supermarkets, look at you like you are a freak because you forgot to take the mask off. Masks are completely and utterly done and look odd.

On the - things to do in Denmark thing - I would track down a snorrenbrod. Have a look at that Somebody Feed Phil episode in Copenhagen. The snorrenbrod is the thing we keep coming back to as a memory of the place. Who would have thought that prawns and eggs on rye bread would make such a fantastic combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Thats it. Just show the app and done. Then step out of the airport (masks required) and look at everyone in taxis, busses, restaurants, supermarkets, look at you like you are a freak because you forgot to take the mask off. Masks are completely and utterly done and look odd.

On the - things to do in Denmark thing - I would track down a snorrenbrod. Have a look at that Somebody Feed Phil episode in Copenhagen. The snorrenbrod is the thing we keep coming back to as a memory of the place. Who would have thought that prawns and eggs on rye bread would make such a fantastic combination.
              Oh yeah, just watched that last night with my 10 y/o. Now she basically wants to do everything Phil did, including the smorrebrod experience. We're staying quite close to Torverhallerne so will be hitting up the food there, including the incredible looking taco place run by the ex-Noma lady.

Not too sure about the quality of Geography teaching in Irish schools though. She determined she had better learn some phrases for the trip so was teaching herself via Google translate how to say such useful things as 'my brother is a smelly fart' or 'how do I get to the lego shop?'.
              Obviously commendable but might be somewhat redundant given that she thinks Dutch is the language they speak in Denmark.

Comment

I haven't really done Denmark justice there with the recommendation of a nice sandwich. Its a class country, but nothing individually standout.

fwiw - we did go into an art museum that was easily one of the best art museum I've been in. So, maybe that's a general thing - that they've got rid of the horrific tendency of museums to stick up a load of pics of dead fat rich guys on walls and pretend that's of interest to anyone.

Comment

Oh yeah, just watched that last night with my 10 y/o. Now she basically wants to do everything Phil did, including the smorrebrod experience. We're staying quite close to Torverhallerne so will be hitting up the food there, including the incredible looking taco place run by the ex-Noma lady.

Not too sure about the quality of Geography teaching in Irish schools though. She determined she had better learn some phrases for the trip so was teaching herself via Google translate how to say such useful things as 'my brother is a smelly fart' or 'how do I get to the lego shop?'.
                  Obviously commendable but might be somewhat redundant given that she thinks Dutch is the language they speak in Denmark.
                  Redundant anyway. 86% of Danish people can speak English as a second language.
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

fwiw - we did go into an art museum that was easily one of the best art museum I've been in. So, maybe that's a general thing - that they've got rid of the horrific tendency of museums to stick up a load of pics of dead fat rich guys on walls and pretend that's of interest to anyone.
                    That insanely high tax take has to go somewhere.

From a cursory review of Copenhagen museums, it does look like they put a bit more thought into them than the standard 'throw a bunch of old stuff into a big building and encourage people to walk around it in baffled silence' approach. I like the look of the architecture museum.

Comment

Una Healy returns to Ireland after ‘lovely few days away’ in Mallorca

Una Healy has said that her “batteries are recharged” after her trip to Spain.

The singer and former member of The Saturdays spent a few days in sunny Mallorca last week and documented her travels on social media – from lounging by the pool to going for a sunset dinner.

She revealed that she has arrived home in Tipperary to her kids Aoife and Tadhg, reminiscing over her holiday with a stunning Instagram post.

Comment

That insanely high tax take has to go somewhere.

From a cursory review of Copenhagen museums, it does look like they put a bit more thought into them than the standard 'throw a bunch of old stuff into a big building and encourage people to walk around it in baffled silence' approach. I like the look of the architecture museum.
                        oh that does look class!

Comment

One user wrote: “Looking lovely Una, hope you had a beautiful time.”

Comment

why are you posting this shite?

Comment

It'd warm your heart.

In sadder news though, Twink's dog died recently.
                              Twink pays emotional tribute to 'little prince' after death of her beloved dog Teddy - Independent.ie

Comment

why are you posting this shite?
                                what?

Thats the number two trending news story on the Indo today. I thought everyone would like to know that Una had a nice holiday.

Comment

what?

Thats the number two trending news story on the Indo today. I thought everyone would like to know that Una had a nice holiday.
                                  I think that just illustrates why sentient beings should not read the Indo.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

It'd warm your heart.

Twink pays emotional tribute to 'little prince' after death of her beloved dog Teddy - Independent.ie
                                    Ken Dodds Dads dog died .

Comment

Ken Dodds Dads dog died .
                                      Dodi didn't die did he
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Dodi didn't die did he
                                        Did dodi do Di before Dodi and Di Died.?

*ok I'll stop now. Not your fault my job is numbing my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

It'd warm your heart.

Poor lad never got over his dognapping

Comment

I was only speaking to somebody somewhat recently about how I have an irrational hatred for Una Healy, it's a strange one but the mere sight or sound of her puts me on tilt.

Comment

Can't quite make out why anyone is complaining about the new covid regulations. Heard something about the nightclub association saying why didn't we have antigen testing instead of covid passes. But nightclubs all have an entry desk perfect for checking ID and antigen testing involves waiting for 30 minutes to get an all-clear and is a whole new infrastructure setup. So much of lobbying seems to be someone going i'm a big baby and can't do this mildly complex thing - respect my authoritae as the leader of the business world. Nine months ago the hotel lobby were saying they couldn't possibly check covid certs in their restaurants despite their entire business model being about checking people's entitlements to rooms, breakfast, facilities, etc. But covid certs was the straw that broke their camels back. Calorie counting is another example. Extraordinarily straightforward and they're all going around proclaiming that they aren't einstein, how could they possibly count calories.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                I was only speaking to somebody somewhat recently about how I have an irrational hatred for Una Healy, it's a strange one but the mere sight or sound of her puts me on tilt.
                                                Vogue for me. Cannot stand her. First against the wall

Comment

Can't quite make out why anyone is complaining about the new covid regulations. Heard something about the nightclub association saying why didn't we have antigen testing instead of covid passes. But nightclubs all have an entry desk perfect for checking ID and antigen testing involves waiting for 30 minutes to get an all-clear and is a whole new infrastructure setup. So much of lobbying seems to be someone going i'm a big baby and can't do this mildly complex thing - respect my authoritae as the leader of the business world. Nine months ago the hotel lobby were saying they couldn't possibly check covid certs in their restaurants despite their entire business model being about checking people's entitlements to rooms, breakfast, facilities, etc. But covid certs was the straw that broke their camels back. Calorie counting is another example. Extraordinarily straightforward and they're all going around proclaiming that they aren't einstein, how could they possibly count calories.
                                                  IPO in Bonnington this weekend. Seems masks wont be manditory at the tables, only when you leave the table and in common areas of hotel. Seems a bit futile wearing them going to the jacks etc when you've just spent 12 hours interacting at close quarters with a contant changing pletora of some of the most unhygienic fuckers on the planet lol. Just take them off altogether and if its a situation you are not comfortable with, dont attend. 2am at the bar should be a sight to behold I'm guessing

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Amanda Brunker & Jason Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

IPO in Bonnington this weekend. Seems masks wont be manditory at the tables, only when you leave the table and in common areas of hotel. Seems a bit futile wearing them going to the jacks etc when you've just spent 12 hours interacting at close quarters with a contant changing pletora of some of the most unhygienic fuckers on the planet lol. Just take them off altogether and if its a situation you are not comfortable with, dont attend. 2am at the bar should be a sight to behold I'm guessing
                                                      Are covid certs required to play tournament and cash?

Comment

That's not irrational. Vogue is an insufferable cunt of the highest order.

Comment

Amanda Brunker & Jason Byrne
                                                          Any 'celebrity' who is famous, not for actual outstanding achievement, but simply for being famous tends to fall into this bracket.

Of course, they're only 'famous' because of all the airheads who gleefully click through their vacuous shite on the interweb.

Comment

That red head who bullied her co worker . Blanaid something or other. Insufferable Irish Speaking wench but seen as I am a neanderthal I cant help wondering what she'd be like in the sack. . Vogue is a gee bag all right I thought she was Chris de Burgh daughter ( the gob fooled me). I dont watch her in anything. How did she become famous ? Model ?

My missus mother tongue is Finnish but has been here since the early 90s is developing a D4 accent and its tilting me no end .

Comment

I think that just illustrates why sentient beings should not read the Indo.
                                                              I bought a sub to the indo a few months back. Midst of lockdown, support journalism type moment of altrusim. I really regret it when I read articles like this.
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

‘It has been very, very tough… people saying I was useless, a fat waste of space, a stupid, tactically inept cabbage head’

Steve Bruce to turn his back on football management after Newcastle experience

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-40967159.html

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I bought a sub to the indo a few months back. Midst of lockdown, support journalism type moment of altrusim. I really regret it when I read articles like this.
                                                                  <removes DP from HHE junior membership>

Comment

Not sure where you were reading about the push back on covid passes. I think the complaints are basically
                                                                    • there shouldn't be any restrictions at this stage. If 92% vaccinated isn't the end when is
                                                                    • We are an outlier in Europe as far as restrictions while having one of highest vaccinated rates
                                                                    • Once again event nightclub industry get last minute lack of clarity, with rules to be defined etc after so long.
                                                                    • The contradictions between pub, late pub, nightclub and music event are daft and confusing.
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

That red head who bullied her co worker . Blanaid something or other. Insufferable Irish Speaking wench but seen as I am a neanderthal I cant help wondering what she'd be like in the sack. . Vogue is a gee bag all right I thought she was Chris de Burgh daughter ( the gob fooled me). I dont watch her in anything. How did she become famous ? Model ?

My missus mother tongue is Finnish but has been here since the early 90s is developing a D4 accent and its tilting me no end .

Vogue was on Fade St yonks ago, the woeful Irish reality TV series. then she shacked up with that twat Brian McFadden, eventually saw sense and got rid of him and is now with ex Made In Chelsea member Spencer.

She's also a DJ

Comment

Any 'celebrity' who is famous, not for actual outstanding achievement, but simply for being famous tends to fall into this bracket.

Of course, they're only 'famous' because of all the airheads who gleefully click through their vacuous shite on the interweb.
                                                                        We're somewhat lucky in Ireland in that we haven't really had too many reality TV shows - Tallafornia and Fade St seem to be the main two that I can remember but we do seem to place celebrity status on bloggers/vloggers and Instagram influencers when they really should just be called Karen in marketing and ignored.

The UK is a lot worse with Made in Chelsea, TOWIE, Geordie Shore, Love Island, Married at First Sight, etc which have all spawned an unbelievable amount of fucktards.

Comment

Is she the one in the ad for some washing up tablets container featuring a safety lid (keeping her little Theodore safe) with that bastardised mangled pronunciation of sound as signed.

"the click clack signed"

Strangely fascinating and irritating at the same time.

PS.
                                                                          Dont get me started on the proliferation of "Hi there" which has somehow become the default yummy mummy greeting

Comment

CDB daughter is the delectable Rossana Davidson. She was on the LLS recently (new book) describing her many miscarriages. Must be such a difficult thing to go through once let alone the numerous times she did.

Comment

We're somewhat lucky in Ireland in that we haven't really had too many reality TV shows - Tallafornia and Fade St seem to be the main two that I can remember but we do seem to place celebrity status on bloggers/vloggers and Instagram influencers when they really should just be called Karen in marketing and ignored.

The UK is a lot worse with Made in Chelsea, TOWIE, Geordie Shore, Love Island, Married at First Sight, etc which have all spawned an unbelievable amount of fucktards.
                                                                              Speaking of Talafornia, yer man Mark who was a complete gobshite on that show and had a terrible reputation after it, was on that Hell Week thing for charity in the "celeb" version. He completed it with Peter Stringer and some actor from Fair city. Completely changed my opinion on him and seems to be the case for most people who watched the show. Seems to have literally turned his life around so fair play to him for doing that.

Comment

It's the TV equivalent of celebrity magazines.

I once had a girlfriend (once only ) whose idea of destressing was to buy one of those magazines and flick through it for 30 mins. She used to justify it on the grounds that she knew it was ludicrous but it seemed to serve its purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

As Stevie Bruce said to the owners. Sack me, but no need to lose the head .

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

CDB daughter is the delectable Rossana Davidson. She was on the LLS recently (new book) describing her many miscarriages. Must be such a difficult thing to go through once let alone the numerous times she did.
                                                                                    So why make it public?

Comment

Speaking of Talafornia, yer man Mark who was a complete gobshite on that show and had a terrible reputation after it, was on that Hell Week thing for charity in the "celeb" version. He completed it with Peter Stringer and some actor from Fair city. Completely changed my opinion on him and seems to be the case for most people who watched the show. Seems to have literally turned his life around so fair play to him for doing that.
                                                                                      Watched that show. Stringer is ripped ( calm down Psv) .
                                                                                      some achievement to get through that . Was he the long hair fellow . He seemed to have great resolve. I'd be gone after the 1st 4 am call out into the freezing cold bogs . I like the cold but not the wet.

Comment

New all time high for bitcoin @66k currently.

Comment

Can't quite make out why anyone is complaining about the new covid regulations.
                                                                                          I popped into the local cinema to ask them were they changing restrictions on Friday - the manager told me they had no advice, the government had not mentioned Cinemas so they had no idea what was going to happen by Friday. Same story in live events, and I assume many other industries I'm not aware of.

Comment

So why make it public?
                                                                                            Because it shouldn't be a taboo subject and to help other people going through the same misfortune.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                              And new all-time high for my driving skills, as I have just been finally awarded a driving licence at the sprightly young age of 44.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Because it shouldn't be a taboo subject and to help other people going through the same misfortune.
                                                                                                It's not a taboo subject.

Comment

Ireland taking on another far-flung corner of the former British Empire today - Sril Lanka - in the T20 World Cup.

Two quick wickets too. Gogogogogo.

Edit: Three quick wickets!! SL are 8-3

Comment

And new all-time high for my driving skills, as I have just been finally awarded a driving licence at the sprightly young age of 44.
                                                                                                    You'll get one at a younger age than me anyway! Congrats.

Comment

So why make it public?
                                                                                                      The same reason the Late late's format is sad bit, happy bit, really sad bit.
                                                                                                      There's money in misery. I'm not saying there were no good intentions, but be sure, she's not doing it for free.

Comment

Watched that show. Stringer is ripped ( calm down Psv) .
                                                                                                        some achievement to get through that . Was he the long hair fellow . He seemed to have great resolve. I'd be gone after the 1st 4 am call out into the freezing cold bogs . I like the cold but not the wet.
                                                                                                        That was him yeah. Busted his knee before the last day and still powered through. The lads at the end said they had no idea how he managed so he must be a hardy buck.

Stringer looked well within his comfort zone throughout and like he could do it all again at the end. Man must just be a freak athlete with an elite mentality.

Comment

Congrats hitch. Let me know when you're going for a spin so I can stay at home that day

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I popped into the local cinema to ask them were they changing restrictions on Friday - the manager told me they had no advice, the government had not mentioned Cinemas so they had no idea what was going to happen by Friday. Same story in live events, and I assume many other industries I'm not aware of.
                                                                                                            Went to the cinema last week. Got an email before hand saying covid certs, ID and masks in public areas all mandatory.

Covid cert and ID wasnt even asked for, just showed my ticket for the film and masks seemed optional among staff and customers.

Tbf, if I was working in a cinema for a tenner an hour, I probably wouldn't give a bollox either.

Comment

My missus mother tongue is Finnish but has been here since the early 90s is developing a D4 accent and its tilting me no end
                                                                                                              Somewhat similar situation. My missus mother tongue is Cork but she has been here since the early 90s and has a fully developed D4 accent - Thanks god for small mercies. LOL Cork people.

Comment

BBV'd Ireland nicely there. SL on the charge now.

Comment

Went to the cinema last week. Got an email before hand saying covid certs, ID and masks in public areas all mandatory.

Covid cert and ID wasnt even asked for, just showed my ticket for the film and masks seemed optional among staff and customers.

Tbf, if I was working in a cinema for a tenner an hour, I probably wouldn't give a bollox either.
                                                                                                                  Obviously depends on the cinema you go to... Was asked for cert when I went on Monday to Cineworld.
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Are covid certs required to play tournament and cash?
                                                                                                                    Cert (possibly neg PCR test option, im not sure) to get into room and you get a wristband.

Temp check every day and add a different colour wristband.

Stand at bar and drink Guinness through your mask, win monies and rub on titties. EZ game.

Comment

Cert (possibly neg PCR test option, im not sure) to get into room and you get a wristband.

Temp check every day and add a different colour wristband.

Stand at bar and drink Guinness through your mask, win monies and rub on titties. EZ game.
                                                                                                                      Ah was just curious. Dgaf either way and am away this weekend anyway. Would have popped down for a few pints if I was around..enjoy.

Comment

When is the Hitch book coming out?

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                          It was said to me the other day that holding crypto is eco terrorism and as such is the antithesis of veganism.

Is that a commonly help position amongst the vegan community or does the destruction of the planet for greed get a pass as well?
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X