This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Went to the Curragh yesterday for the first time since the refurb and was very impressed by the new facilities. Being such a beautiful day and the restricted attendance probably helped but will definitely be going more often than before.
    Your lad had one run far too good in the maiden earlier.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Your lad had one run far too good in the maiden earlier.
      Yeah, I was talking to him about it yesterday trying to work out something about the dam's sale as a brood mare, he didn't say anything much about the horse but the place BSP of 98.1 was nice
      Could be a nice prospect for them, depending on how the ones behind do next time if one or two of them come on a ton for the run and a change in the ground he might find life a bit tough but on the bare form I wouldn't imagine the handicapper would be getting too carried away.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The state of Lowry.

Would someone not have a word and tell him to lose a couple of stone off the belly?

Comment

The state of Lowry.

Would someone not have a word and tell him to lose a couple of stone off the belly?
          Was watching Darren Clarke last week poor bloke has piled it on, keel over territory

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            That Squid games is something else alright. Cracking opening ep.

Hitch was right, subtitles all the way, had to switch from that awful dub three mins in.
            What platform is it on? Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Netflix's. Watched 2 episodes leaving it there .

Comment

Looks like a dead heat in ze Krautish election.

Although was always going to be a coalescing outcome anyway.

Comment

Harrington should have picked Leona McGuire as his wild card

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Yep.
                    It's something else.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The state of Lowry.

A bit disingenuous in my humble opinion.

a) has done his absolute best this week, from the looks of it
                      b) probably should have been picked ahead of a few of the(english) others in the foreballs.
                      c) is a certified Major Champion (which is something that Poulter, Westwood, Monty and numerous other slightly annoying golfers can't say)
                      d) Actually seems a fella you'd love to go on the piss with.
                      e) Is a guy who is genuinely Irish and who wants to be.
                      e) Not really overweight really when it comes down to it.

I realise that's not exactly what you asked tbf

Comment

Perfect commentary timing there about about Casey, playing from a mound beside a bunker he'd been lucky to avoid.
                        "This could have been worse for Casey", and one second later he fluff chips the ball about 10 centimetres.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

And wayyy too much contact with the white lines....ask CC.
                          I was mostly reminded of the 3 girls I used to occasionally stay with up in Portstewart back in the day. Spent the whole time between the Anchor bar and their student gaff iirc. Didn't get to see the roads at all.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                            d) Actually seems a fella you'd love to go on the piss with.

e) Not really overweight really when it comes down to it.
                            (d) might lead to (e).

Not to get too technical with sophisticated physiological terms but he's as fat as a fool.

Comment

]

Not to get too technical with sophisticated physiological terms but he's as fat as a fool.

Well, he's not. Not by your description anyhow. Overweight? Well perhaps. He's a major champion which in the world of sport will never be take away from you.

Does it hugely matter though really?

Comment

RIP Pee Wee

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

(d) might lead to (e).

Actually surprised you didn't point out that i had two "e's" (not sure how to account for that in quotation marks)

Maybe you did though looking back. d, e, f though were kinda on similar lines....

Comment

RDIII in fat shaming shocker. Cancel worthy?
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Poor oul Padraig. He'll be haunted by this.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        He had a mare to be fair.
                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

He had a mare to be fair.
                                          dealt a shite hand and absolutely butchered it alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            Doesn't strike me as a fella who would tbh

Comment

Hovland v Morikawa was such a good match. And both of them bottled their last putts!

Comment

I dont see any combo of that 12 would have done better. The English 6 really let the side down. Kick them out of Europe

POD was on a hiding to nothing.

Think Shane was good but he should trim down a bit to fully benefit from his obvious natural talent. , the yanks are all athletes .

Comment

Also the US crowd were off the scale disgraceful this time around. New lows

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                    Also the US crowd were off the scale disgraceful this time around. New lows
                                                    Do you think so?

I reckon our boys would be same or worse.

Comment

Do you think so?

I reckon our boys would be same or worse.
                                                      You are kidding me .

Comment

There were probably 5/10 alternate picks that America could have taken and still won it handy. So many guys cruising along the PGA picking up millions of dollars in purse per year without really being newsworthy here.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

That's different, as explained by General Melchett.

Captain Darling:
                                                          So you see, Blackadder, Field Marshall Haig is most anxious to eliminate all these German spies.

General Melchett:
                                                          Filthy hun weasels, fighting their dirty underhand war!

Captain Darling:
                                                          And fortunately, one of our spies...

General Melchett:
                                                          Splendid fellows, brave heroes risking life and limb for Blighty!
                                                          Yup.

As was so eloquently put before

Comment

Adding Schnauzers (sp?) to the 'possible new dog' list after encountering one earlier.
                                                            Any I’ve seen have been snappy and aggressive friend had one nipped a child not for dough with his teeth. The giant ones are magnificent looking.

Comment

(d) might lead to (e).

Lowry for a top pro athlete is in woeful shape. Big belly and moobs. Fitness surely gets affected by it. He’s a lovely golfer very wealthy and an all round gent and nice guy but surely losing a few stone would help his game no excuse for it. Personally think there should be more fat shaming. What’s seem now as an acceptable weight is not normal. And no I don’t have a major or a few million in the bank.

Comment

This is brilliant, some funny stuff in the replies.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Personally think there should be more fat shaming.
                                                                  Yeah, lets publicly shame people with a weight problem.

Just more often.

Give me strength.

Comment

Lowry for a top pro athlete is in woeful shape. Big belly and moobs. Fitness surely gets affected by it. He’s a lovely golfer very wealthy and an all round gent and nice guy but surely losing a few stone would help his game no excuse for it. Personally think there should be more fat shaming. What’s seem now as an acceptable weight is not normal. And no I don’t have a major or a few million in the bank.
                                                                    Lol. Wp

Comment

Just more often.

Give me strength.
                                                                      I saw something a few months ago where Jonathan Ross publically apologised to his daughter for telling her to lose weight when she was a kid. The idea behind the apology being that whatever weight you are is the correct weight. You can Google her to see if this is indeed true.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

I saw something a few months ago where Jonathan Ross publically apologised to his daughter for telling her to lose weight when she was a kid. The idea behind the apology being that whatever weight you are is the correct weight. You can Google her to see if this is indeed true.
                                                                        I wouldn't mind but this fella (Lowry) is supposed to be an elite athlete.

Yer wan looks like a well-adjusted type, judging by the amounts of bikini-clad photos she feels compelled to put into cyberspace.

Comment

I've started eating chocolate again, as I'm losing weight more quickly than I'm comfortable with. Want to get some use out of the obese persons jeans that I only recently bought too.

Comment

I was listening to a podcast and Jamie Oliver was in it talking about some new underwear that has changed his life. Saxx underwear. It's about €28 for a single pair of boxers. Surely can't be worth it. They have patented 'ball parking' technology to massage your balls during the day.
                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just more often.

Give me strength.
                                                                              Ok maybe not shaming but printing bbw big beautiful women who can barely breath is not the way to go. The vast majority of the time in a supermarket it’s the crap that’s on offer 2 for one coke bottles crisps chocolate. The food pyramid is still being promoted by doctors it’s carb heaven. Elevated blood sugars coupled with obesity leads to diabetes. Getting a leg amputated is no fun I’d say but that’s fine hete have another sweetie you are beautiful inside.

Comment

I was listening to a podcast and Jamie Oliver was in it talking about some new underwear that has changed his life. Saxx underwear. It's about €28 for a single pair of boxers. Surely can't be worth it. They have patented 'ball parking' technology to massage your balls during the day.
                                                                                Ah, how the mighty have fallen. Have to shill for jocks to earn a bean.

Comment

I wouldn't mind but this fella (Lowry) is supposed to be an elite athlete.

Yer wan looks like a well-adjusted type, judging by the amounts of bikini-clad photos she feels compelled to put into cyberspace.
                                                                                  Should be made wear a

Comment

Say whatever you want about Lowry but his weakest part of the game has been putting. His driving is decent but his irons, wedges and short game, in particular, are well up there. I don't think his weight has anything to do with putting. His putting was much improved over the weekend and he holed some fantastic putts alongside Hatton. For the match against Cantlay, he literally ran into the #1 golfer in the world based on recent form. Unless he's had a mare over the next couple of years he'll be back in the team again. Great to see his passion and determination out there.

That USA team is completely stacked with elite talent, it's outrageous and most guys were in good form. Europe had a collection of players out of form Westwood, Fitzpatrick and Hatton for example. They all were in top form a year ago with lots of high finishes and wins. Paddy was unlucky to come up against that USA team away from home but that's the hand he was dealt.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I've started eating chocolate again, as I'm losing weight more quickly than I'm comfortable with.
                                                                                      What does that mean?

I got to be the fattest I ever was last Christmas.
                                                                                      Combination of no sports,
                                                                                      Cooking at home due to lockdown (hello frying pan)
                                                                                      And I was prob beering at home due to boredom.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

What does that mean?

Just been losing a kilo a week for about 7 weeks in a row, and don't really want to keep up that pace. It's all coming out of the 20kg I put on between March 2020 and the end of that year, so there is plenty to go still.

Comment

I won't miss the pregnancy/twins/C-section jokes though.

Comment

What does that mean?

Before lockdown's nearly 70% of men in Ireland (and 60% of the population in general) were overweight or obese. It's got to be even higher now, I'm one! Though nearly back down.
                                                                                            I think when most people are overweight around you it alters what you view as overweight, such as I googled the lad above, this Lowry chap, some would say he's not that overweight
                                                                                            but he would medically he would not just be overweight, he'd be broaching obese now but wouldn't really be viewed as such. No need to make people feel bad about it, but at the same time it's bad for health.

Comment

Pretty cool version. Testimony to talent is live performances

Comment

Looks like a dead heat in ze Krautish election.

Although was always going to be a coalescing outcome anyway.
                                                                                                Looks very fragmented now, with 2.5 bigger parties and then a bunch of smaller ones. Sound familiar?

Big losers being the CDU which was probably inevitable in a Merkel-less world.

Interesting that both the extreme ends of the spectrum did poorly. (AfD and Die Linke)

Comment

Just been losing a kilo a week for about 7 weeks in a row, and don't really want to keep up that pace. It's all coming out of the 20kg I put on between March 2020 and the end of that year, so there is plenty to go still.
                                                                                                  Sorry, but I still don't get why you wouldn't want to keep that pace?
                                                                                                  would you prefer to put in efforts to lose it and not see any results?
                                                                                                  Last edited by Micknail; 27-09-21, 11:22.
                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

You would probably chalk Thuringia and Saxony off 'list of places to visit', given that the AfD took top spot in both. Doubtless lots of shaven-headed types seething with resentment.

That's Dresden, Leipzig and Weimar gone so.

Comment

No need to google her and no reason why he should apologise to her. Nothing wrong with encouraging someone to lose weight and be as healthy as they can be.

There is more than a distinct difference between this and "fat shaming" though.

Comment

Sorry, but I still don't get why you wouldn't want to keep that pace?
                                                                                                        Fair enough. I don't know why either.

Comment

Tip: do not Google Jonathan Ross's daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                            Tip: do not Google Jonathan Ross's daughter.
                                                                                                            Unless you like 20 stone plus women in bikinis.

Comment

Comment

Ok maybe not shaming but printing bbw big beautiful women who can barely breath is not the way to go. The vast majority of the time in a supermarket it’s the crap that’s on offer 2 for one coke bottles crisps chocolate. The food pyramid is still being promoted by doctors it’s carb heaven. Elevated blood sugars coupled with obesity leads to diabetes. Getting a leg amputated is no fun I’d say but that’s fine hete have another sweetie you are beautiful inside.
                                                                                                                Catch 22 really, get your leg amputated and reach your desired weight that way?

Comment

Sick puppy has come a long way since riding fat burds in Coppers .

Comment

Fair enough. I don't know why either.
                                                                                                                    Yeah sorry not having a go.
                                                                                                                    the auld fella had a stent or two put in a few years ago.
                                                                                                                    I've seen him go to the rehab gym sessions etc, better diet and medication regime, but for it all gradually go out the window in the last year or two, and he's convinced he's not long for the place.

Morbid bollix.

He's just about retirement age like, quelle suprise when auld farmer has no life outside what he did for 40 years, (a lot of them lone working to a large extent).

Pisses me off to no end hearing him go on like that, to the point where you'd feel like blurting out "well that was a waste of a surgeons afternoon wasn't it" but for the fact I don't want to raise his blood pressure!

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I've seen him go to the rehab gym sessions etc, better diet and medication regime, but for it all gradually go out the window in the last year or two, and he's convinced he's not long for the place.

Morbid bollix.

He's just about retirement age like, quelle suprise when auld farmer has no life outside what he did for 40 years, (a lot of them lone working to a large extent).

Pisses me off to no end hearing him go on like that, to the point where you'd feel like blurting out "well that was a waste of a surgeons afternoon wasn't it" but for the fact I don't want to raise his blood pressure!
                                                                                                                      What does he like ? Indulge him .

Comment

Morbid bollix.

Very common in men coming up to retirement. They perceive that their self-worth is tied up in their work and can't see the point of an existence beyond that.

Hobbies\activities\trips...get him out there and motivated by something, anything that isn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

What does he like ? Indulge him .
                                                                                                                          I did get him re interested in motorbikes actually!

Co bought a little 125 for beating around the farm etc.
                                                                                                                          I bought a 600cc, and am now looking for something a bit faster, so literally offered him the bike for free, suggested he go on trips/spins now he doesn't have to work everyday etc.
                                                                                                                          Said 600cc was too big for him (1960s frame of mind, a 750 is a death trap mental speed machine in his head, he's over 6 foot and heading towards gorilla) and I spent a year looking at 250cc yokes with him that petered out and was a massive waste of time. That ended in a rant too

Dickhead brother doesn't have the balls to tell him to fuck off moping around the farm so now he feels he is needed there everyday.

Da mudder (using your vernacular) can't be found these days since her retirement birthday for the gallivanting she does.
                                                                                                                          Courses, day trips, visiting.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Micknail; 27-09-21, 13:54.
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X