This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Yep. "If i break my wrist it's fucking on the two of you" or some dirivation of that.

Not a good look.
    Up it's own arse . He should get reprimanded for that

As Hotspur might say. That ref was somebody's Grandad.

Comment

The Nicklaus Jacklin award needs an accompanying Brooks Dickhead award . For balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Up it's own arse . He should get reprimanded for that

As Hotspur might say. That ref was somebody's Grandad.

Should but likely won't. I don't think that bs would be tolerated in many sports. Abusing refs is beyond bad form.

The happy head on Sergio. He lives for this.

Comment

Two times in Napoli. Robbed both times.

Kinda asking for it the first time. Drove through on the way to Sorrento in a rental convertible. Two lads on a moped dove into the back seat and robbed herself's make up case. A good watch in it though.

Not sure if the second time counts. Robbed by the car rental company in the airport of €300 but they were Sicilians.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Need a big day from Rory. Badly. LFG
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

lol Bryson is such an entitled prick.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                Need a big day from Rory. Badly. LFG
                The whole team needs a big day. Rory needs a big day for Rory. Lads confidence is shattered. Lowry came to play today.

Comment

WHY did Podger send this fucking headcase Hatton back out. He has been the worst player on both teams by a mile.

Comment

What did Bryson do, was he moaning about being made putt out or something?
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      What did Bryson do, was he moaning about being made putt out or something?
                      Was made put out a 2.5 footer for par. After he made it, he put his putter down to show how short it was, and stared over at his opponents indignantly.

JT and Lowry have both complained about not getting gimmes either which is also pathetic btw (not just Bryson).

Imagine feeling so entitled as to think your opponent should just GIVE you a shot. Give me a break.

Good drama though, matches looking spicy.

Edit its even funnier since Brysons putter is like 10 inches longer than normal.

Comment

Should have been given it cause it was less than the length of his putter apparently.

Comment

That said, I've a buddy who is a +4 cap, and a legitimately tour level putter.
                          And if I make him put out a 4 or 5 footer he simply says deadpan "we are wasting time", walks it in, and look at me. He's yet to miss one when we play matches that I can recall.

Which is pretty funny.

Comment

Good Man Koepka. Breathe some life into this thing
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Same question on the communion - brother's daughter - is it a straightforward hundred, or would there be a range of 100-150 etc.
                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

In other money related news, two average meals in smalltown Denmark - €260. The Danish are worse than Laz's Naples folk

Comment

Gimmies should be banned there is always some eejit misses a tap in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    In other money related news, two average meals in smalltown Denmark - €260. The Danish are worse than Laz's Naples folk
                                    Yikes...getting to the stage where only recently confirmed kids can afford it.

Comment

Same question on the communion - brother's daughter - is it a straightforward hundred, or would there be a range of 100-150 etc.
                                      Different people have different metrics. Was at one recently when I saw one guy donate 250 to a niece, which I thought was waaay too much. I would reckon the 100/50 would be standard for relations/others. But there is no hard and fast rule.
                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Jesus lads, 50 or 100 for communion and confirmation. That must be a Dublin tax. 20 quid in a card for non family. 50, maybe for yer nieces/nephews depending how close the family are.

I put 20 quid in a card for my exes sister and her Mam gave out to me for it being too much. 100 is pure madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Same deal for communion? (Not a thing in COI but have one next week hence question)
                                          Not a notion - I am also nominally coi but don’t remember getting any cash back in the day.

wouldn’t want to give an empty card over tho and would always air on the side of generous.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            Jesus lads, 50 or 100 for communion and confirmation. That must be a Dublin tax. 20 quid in a card for non family. 50, maybe for yer nieces/nephews depending how close the family are.

I put 20 quid in a card for my exes sister and her Mam gave out to me for it being too much. 100 is pure madness.
                                            Kerry tax unfortunately.
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Not a notion - I am also nominally coi but don’t remember getting any cash back in the day.

wouldn’t want to give an empty card over tho and would always air on the side of generous.
                                              I remember the money being the overriding thing that stopped me from refusing to be confirmed. Have never really forgiven myself.
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Kerry tax unfortunately.
                                                You spent too long in the pale boy.

Comment

It's for a nephew. I'll just ask my sister and duplicate her amount.

Comment

I don't get invited to confirmunions.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Different people have different metrics. Was at one recently when I saw one guy donate 250 to a niece, which I thought was waaay too much. I would reckon the 100/50 would be standard for relations/others. But there is no hard and fast rule.
                                                      Might stick to a hundred rather than edge up towards 150, if we have to do the same for the confirmation scam also. It's quite possibly the only two times this kid will ever enter a church.

Comment

Gimmies should be banned there is always some eejit misses a tap in.
                                                        There was a good story years ago about Seve in the Ryder Cup. Can't remember the finer details but the jist is in his singles game he gave his opponent numerous 5-6 footers. Further maybe. Alot further than was normal in any case.

His opponent didn't know what was going but was happy out obviously. Game was close. All square coming down the 16th / 17th maybe.

Anyhow, on one of the last holes (could have been the last) the opponent had a 6 footer. He looked over at Seve for the gimme, fully expecting it seeing as it was the range he was getting all day.

Seve purposefully looking the other way.

Yer man suddenly was faced with his first 6 footer of the day at a crucial point of the game. Duly missed the putt and Seve won the game.

All the above is hazy memory from some magazine article i read years ago so as i said finer details may be different!

Comment

The lads playing McIlroy this week must feel it's a bit like punching a puppy in the face.

You could probably pick random lads out of the crowd who'd be more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

There was a good story years ago about Seve in the Ryder Cup. Can't remember the finer details but the jist is in his singles game he gave his opponent numerous 5-6 footers. Further maybe. Alot further than was normal in any case.

His opponent didn't know what was going but was happy out obviously. Game was close. All square coming down the 16th / 17th maybe.

Anyhow, on one of the last holes (could have been the last) the opponent had a 6 footer. He looked over at Seve for the gimme, fully expecting it seeing as it was the range he was getting all day.

Seve purposefully looking the other way.

Yer man suddenly was faced with his first 6 footer of the day at a crucial point of the game. Duly missed the putt and Seve won the game.

All the above is hazy memory from some magazine article i read years ago so as i said finer details may be different!
                                                            Ha! Genius.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I remember the money being the overriding thing that stopped me from refusing to be confirmed. Have never really forgiven myself.
                                                              Wouldn’t worry about it, loosing one from the flock must be worse than never having them in the first place.

Will be sending both our boys to a catholic school since it’s the closest one and has a high standard of teaching. Fully expect both of them to get inducted as will not want them to miss out on a big day for all their friends.

My job as a responsible parent is to ensure that my apathy towards religion is passed along and they don’t take it seriously.

Comment

Any boxing links

Comment

FAHNCdZWYAIfVzh?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

Wouldn’t worry about it, loosing one from the flock must be worse than never having them in the first place.
                                                                    One time myself and a friend went about trying to get excommunicated we had a bit of craic pissing off some priests we knew but basically the deal is once your in there is no way out unless they want you out

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                      Any boxing links
                                                                      He may skip that rematch clause, don't think it gets any better for him.
                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Will be sending both our boys to a catholic school since it’s the closest one and has a high standard of teaching. Fully expect both of them to get inducted as will not want them to miss out on a big day for all their friends.

My job as a responsible parent is to ensure that my apathy towards religion is passed along and they don’t take it seriously.
                                                                        My otherwise smart 10-year-old was feeling there was a scam among the characters of santa, the tooth fairy, and jesus, and ---- plumped for the tooth fairy as the real one. Thought it was a glorious moment. There's a very decent chance the turning-six-years-old-next-week, has never even once heard about the existence of religion as he doesn't even watch telly where he might pick up knowledge in passing.

Re the bolded, I wonder if kids these days have so many 'big days out' that it has largely lost all meaning. But its probably harmless enough as long as they know to click jedi on the census form. For us growing up, well maybe not you richie, it was a massive day out, and I think all the adults remember that, but kids now have such a parade of big days that they all fade into one.

Comment

One time myself and a friend went about trying to get excommunicated we had a bit of craic pissing off some priests we knew but basically the deal is once your in there is no way out unless they want you out
                                                                          I feel that's not really true, in practice. As long as it doesn't go on the census and those no-religion numbers keep rising, then their fall to obscurity will continue apace. The problem is the schools. We need far more nonreligious schools.

Comment

Tyrell Hatton is impossible to cheer for- most unlike or of all the players in Ryder cup and he has stiff competition
                                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Lowry

Comment

That Squid games is something else alright. Cracking opening ep.

Hitch was right, subtitles all the way, had to switch from that awful dub three mins in.

Comment

Last edited by dinekes; 25-09-21, 23:14.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                    Tyrell Hatton is impossible to cheer for- most unlike or of all the players in Ryder cup and he has stiff competition
                                                                                    How does it feel to be a vortex of negative energy?
                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

How does it feel to be a vortex of negative energy?
                                                                                      Dont know- ask Tyrell - moaniest bitch of a golf player out there
                                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Phil Collins said it best

Comment

Early start on the sundays...

This too shall pass.

Comment

I wonder how much porn these idiots watch - https://twitter.com/ScooterCasterNY/...483196932?s=20

Comment

As well, that was punts so real money.

I'd imagine a high proportion of us are millionaires once you factor property and pensions.

And imaginary tracts of land if you're HH.
                                                                                              Yeah true. And I'm wired for dollars at this stage, so its even more within the range of normality.

I'd say you're a proper millionaire only if you have unencumbered free assets (not including your family home or pension assets) > 1m.

Which will take that high % back down to a low one.
                                                                                              I think that's a much more practical way of assigning millie status. Assets you somewhat have at disposal. If there's a 7 figure lump sum pension coming, then you're not a milllionaire until it arrive in your account.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                I think that's a much more practical way of assigning millie status. Assets you somewhat have at disposal. If there's a 7 figure lump sum pension coming, then you're not a milllionaire until it arrive in your account.
                                                                                                Poverty status confirmed.

Awaiting Hectorjelly to give me a sandwich.

Comment

Holy shit. Computer game graphics have come a long way since the days of playing Yar's revenge on the Atari 2600

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Adding Schnauzers (sp?) to the 'possible new dog' list after encountering one earlier.

Comment

goes in the 4.05 at the Curragh today, bidding to win this particular race for the third year in a row. Gets on very well with this jockey too.

We might have to retire the emoticon in his honour if he wins today, 10 y/o too.

Comment

Went to the Curragh yesterday for the first time since the refurb and was very impressed by the new facilities. Being such a beautiful day and the restricted attendance probably helped but will definitely be going more often than before.

Comment

Havent made a bet since may ish but just cant pass up 45/1 for Europe.

The above is why I dont bet anymore....
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                              Havent made a bet since may ish but just cant pass up 45/1 for Europe.

The above is why I dont bet anymore....
                                                                                                              I backed them at 20/1 on the Sunday in 2012.

Go for it.

Comment

Nice stat - Rory hasn't played the 16th yet in 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  Holy shit. Computer game graphics have come a long way since the days of playing Yar's revenge on the Atari 2600

The road, background, environment etc is stunning. But the bike itself is very flat, almost 2D - the shine is static for example. Lets the whole thing down imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

The road, background, environment etc is stunning. But the bike itself is very flat, almost 2D - the shine is static for example. Lets the whole thing down imo.
                                                                                                                    And wayyy too much contact with the white lines....ask CC.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

Why do they use the term "low skilled' for a lorry driver?

"Low skilled"?
                                                                                                                      Good thread

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

F1 delivering again
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X