X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
    Rant

Got off early today woo hoo..went for a walk with the dog around the Blessington lakes, they are building a greenway at the moment which is going to be very nice btw. Nice job when it is all done.

Honestly the amount of rubbish in the car park, on the beach is actually insane. Walked by x3 pretty standard (prob Aldi or Lidl) camping chairs and 1 broken one en route. Picked 3 working ones on the way back.

Honestly could have filled 4 large black bins with bbqs, bottles and food waste on the way back.

Got back to the car park and couldn't get out, sorry drive a bigger diesel 1.7 guzzler jeep/MPV and couldn't get out of the car park as blocked in. All D regs but you already know.

Threw a large rock from the beach through the drivers side window of the car that was blocking me in and let the handbrake down and moved it to block another car.

#Sorry
    This kind of thing, used to contort me, why dont people care, etc etc etc or some variation of that, now twice a week I take black rubbish bags down to my local beach and pick all the shit up. If I go somewhere new I bring a bag and pick the shit up. Easy to be like hippy bullshit. But if we all want to be Ok we, every single one of us will have to some version of that.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post

This kind of thing, used to contort me, why dont people care, etc etc etc or some variation of that, now twice a week I take black rubbish bags down to my local beach and pick all the shit up. If I go somewhere new I bring a bag and pick the shit up. Easy to be like hippy bullshit. But if we all want to be Ok we, every single one of us will have to some version of that.
      See this is the thing. I consider you a good friend, but, Im 10y older than you. I have a pretty good idea what you think of me regarding my ideas on a whole range of subjects that track your attention. I also get the feeling from here that you have a set idea on other regs here feeling on those topics. But you never know whats going on behind the scenes too. Everything evolves as you go through life. Just because some of us dont engage here doesnt mean everyone doesnt read/think/imagine on certain topics either. Always happy to engage though IRL

Edit - ugh just fell for the limp jam with AA in my first online tourney in a month. Who the fook left the over 50s online for poker FFS

PPS - pint tomorrow or grub in mine if u fancy - wife and kid free and a bed here for ya

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

See this is the thing. I consider you a good friend, but, Im 10y older than you. I have a pretty good idea what you think of me regarding my ideas on a whole range of subjects that track your attention. I also get the feeling from here that you have a set idea on other regs here feeling on those topics. But you never know whats going on behind the scenes too. Everything evolves as you go through life. Just because some of us dont engage here doesnt mean everyone doesnt read/think/imagine on certain topics either. Always happy to engage though IRL

Edit - ugh just fell for the limp jam with AA in my first online tourney in a month. Who the fook left the over 50s online for poker FFS

PPS - pint tomorrow or grub in mine if u fancy - wife and kid free and a bed here for ya
        Dont understand the response.

The above is, IF you find the awful litter and pollution jarring in places you love and find beautiful, take that energy, and use it. Do something constructive. Bring a bag. Pick shit up. If you need some mumbo jumbo reason not to feel like a crusty hippy when doing it, think.of it as a thanks for the peace and enjoyment the place gives you. Instead of feeling disillusioned. Feel empowered. No Instagram video. Dont become a wellness coach. Just pick shit up.

Up for Pint. Have the little one, but if ya can get out this way I'm all ears.
        Last edited by Closed_Account; 24-07-21, 00:19.

Comment

Dont understand the response.

The above is, IF you find the awful litter and pollution jarring in places you love and find beautiful, take that energy, and use it. Do something constructive. Bring a bag. Pick shit up. If you need some mumbo jumbo reason not to feel like a crusty hippy when doing it, think.of it as a thanks for the peace and enjoyment the place gives you. Instead of feeling disillusioned. Feel empowered. No Instagram video. Dont become a wellness coach. Just pick shit up.

Up for Pint. Have the little one, but if ya can get out this way I'm all ears.
          I do a litter pick every Fri/Sat. Dont do instagram.

Comment

Last edited by Dice75; 24-07-21, 01:10.

Comment

I do a litter pick every Fri/Sat. Dont do instagram.
              That's amazing dude. Fair fucks.

Comment

That's amazing dude. Fair fucks.
                See this is the thing, its not amazing. You finding it amazing is.

I live in a real world, with real people. Mothers, Fathers, children of all ages, a community. Doing normal things. I doubut if 5% of the people i meet walking to and from school and summer camps etc, and people i meet on holidays down the country (ie culchies) have any notion of the world some people live in on the internet in their bubbles. Its not real life, its just not. Im not saying you do as i know you are completely distanced from that world as much as you can but you are still far more invested than the average population.
                Last edited by Dice75; 24-07-21, 01:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  I'll be quite happy to lock in at 1.95%, assuming Avant don't torpedo me for excessive gambooling.
                  Have our offer letter for 7 years @ 1.95%.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

Neil Francis got the bullet from the sunday Indo. Love him or hate him. Redic

Comment

Apparently it was so hot in Dublin this week the ice cream van in Ballymun was selling actual ice cream.

Ah here.

Comment

Remember years ago the old man and others in the residents association planting flowers to snazz the joint up for the tidy estate comp. They were pulled up overnight...replanted..pulled up..replanted

I remember asking him about it and he was unperturbed.."theyll get bored with it eventually"

Exactly that. Patience and determination won out.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                          Neil Francis got the bullet from the sunday Indo. Love him or hate him. Redic
                          What did he actually say? Enjoyed him, sigh to see him cancelled.

Comment

Said Smith had the tan of an ooompa lumpa . (Sic)

Comment

The ending of this is genius comic timing, lol..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I sigh at the use of the term 'cancelled', an unwelcome development on ipb.

To be honest it looks more like a case of 60yo male dinosaur journalist being pushed out because what he brings in no longer justifies his upper-tier wage or contract.
                                If he was still gold then they'd give him more rope, otherwise wait for him to overstep the mark and boot him.
                                It's been going on for decades, if it was the 1970s then Neil Francis would be played by Walter Matthau in the film version.

At least nowadays Francis can continue his shtick online and if enough people like what he has to say about the gays and the foreigners then he'll have the last laugh on the Indo.

Comment

Turned on the Ireland women's hockey match there (black protestant that I am) and the sweat pouring off the poor ladies. 9:30 pm in Tokyo and still 33 or so degrees. I feel sorry them, the young, athletic, heaving, glistening, short skirted...wait maybe it's not pity I'm feeling.

Comment

The comments under this from Japanese folk would make you really proud.

Mad to think we were the only ones to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      The comments under this from Japanese folk would make you really proud.
                                      View: national pride is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Ah no, I think you can be proud that your culture recognises the importance of respecting other cultures. It's obviously quite unique, given the Irish athletes were the only ones to do it.

Comment

Really, tell that to the Irish hockey team. Never seen a group so proud and happy. They will remember that for a long time and fair play to them.

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                            Really, tell that to the Irish hockey team. Never seen a group so proud and happy. They will remember that for a long time and fair play to them.
                                            That’s pride in their own achievement, not national pride though. Hotspur is sayings Irish viewers feeling pride seeing the Irish teams gesture is ridiculous. I don’t think he’d suggest that they should feel proud if themselves.

Personally, I’d share Lazare’s view. Nothing wrong with being proud that our countrymen were the only team out of 200-ish to acknowledge the hosts.

Comment

Seems the Waterford Hurlers want to out-excite the WFC lads today. Some game Vs Galway.
                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

See this is the thing, its not amazing. You finding it amazing is.

I live in a real world, with real people. Mothers, Fathers, children of all ages, a community. Doing normal things. I doubut if 5% of the people i meet walking to and from school and summer camps etc, and people i meet on holidays down the country (ie culchies) have any notion of the world some people live in on the internet in their bubbles. Its not real life, its just not. Im not saying you do as i know you are completely distanced from that world as much as you can but you are still far more invested than the average population.
                                                Can confirm that Lazare exists in real life too - having met him t'other week for the first time.

Comment

Did Hogg MOTM at 25s for Shits& Giggles

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Can confirm that Lazare exists in real life too - having met him t'other week for the first time.
                                                    Met him many times. Deffo a hologram

Comment

Its ridiculous but gets me every time .

Comment

Turned on the Ireland women's hockey match there (black protestant that I am) and the sweat pouring off the poor ladies. 9:30 pm in Tokyo and still 33 or so degrees. I feel sorry them, the young, athletic, heaving, glistening, short skirted...wait maybe it's not pity I'm feeling.
                                                        Completely forgot about this as we munched fish in Bantry. Even had a former Irish international at the table and she was raging when she realised we'd all completely missed it.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Has he still got the Roman Greco hair with the natural curls?.
                                                          We only have photo fits of him. Many a man would commit sins to have a scalp like his. Even though his actual scalp hasn't been seen since birth.
                                                          SPOILER

Comment

RIP Raoul's bet.
                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Bad day for South Africa on the telly box.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                  SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                  2nd 1 Raoul in Bantry Bay. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

2nd 1 Raoul in Bantry Bay. ?
                                                                    After trolling Ian Bailey in the market on a day trip. "Go home like a good dub''.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

There is nothing good in that video.

Apart from arousing some curiosity as to how he found himself in that position, in his underpants.
                                                                        Two stories.
                                                                        One boring drugs stuff

Other is he was giving the lady who lives there a lash and the hubby came home and best the shite out of him and the window was the escape route.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Two stories.
                                                                          I assumed he was in his jocks, because it was warm. I associate the exiting by the window with tripping off ones balls on some hallucinogen, like that's when exit's usually become a problem, no?

Comment

The reaction to the video reminded my of the time I posted the video of Budd Dwyer shooting himself in the mouth at a press conference. Still think people should have gotten over a recording of something that happened more than thirty years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                              The reaction to the video reminded my of the time I posted the video of Budd Dwyer shooting himself in the mouth at a press conference. Still think people should have gotten over a recording of something that happened more than thirty years ago.
                                                                              Not quite sure why 'when' it happened makes it any less viscerally unpleasant?
                                                                              Not sure have I made up a word there
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Not quite sure why 'when' it happened makes it any less viscerally unpleasant?
                                                                                Not sure have I made up a word there
                                                                                I think a well documented historical video is generally less unpleasant than something very recent where you cannot know the circumstances or outcome.

Comment

RIP Raoul's bet.
                                                                                  Ha, no SS here obv. Checked score online at h-t and went for a swim assuming I was home on Leg 1.

Arrived back from swim to find:
                                                                                  1. Lions had won
                                                                                  2. I had packed no underwear
                                                                                  3. The rental gaff has no bottle opener.

Really hit the trifecta! Knew the day was going to go bad when we got 20 mins away from home and Mrs D3 suddenly became convinced she had left the fucking immersion on.

She hadn't.

Comment

I think a well documented historical video is generally less unpleasant than something very recent where you cannot know the outcome.
                                                                                    Well in the instance of dear Budd it was actually PM (Pre Mick) in real life, and I had no prior knowledge of it before seeing your link, and I'll be quite honest, didn't expect the video to go down like that.
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Well in the instance of dear Budd it was actually PM (Pre Mick) in real life, and I had no prior knowledge of it before seeing your link, and I'll be quite honest, didn't expect the video to go down like that.
                                                                                      Yeah, I think I had watched it in a comedy podcast, and it probably had some build up there. I generally forget that most people get away with not seeing people die from horrific rta injuries in real life for most of their lives.

Comment

Sorry I'm defo not having a go or anything, I'd just be of the 'spoiler it, bit of a warning, watch if you want' camp.
                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Yeah, I think I had watched it in a comedy podcast, and it probably had some build up there. I generally forget that most people get away with not seeing people die from horrific rta injuries in real life for most of their lives.
                                                                                          Ah yes, I'd understand that.

I wouldn't be squeamish myself for a lot if things, reminds me of getting into bikes for the first time and giving serious consideration into the dangers etc, and googling "degloving" etc when it came to riders having accidents and not wearing gear etc.

Turns out degloving happens a fair bit when you are NOT wearing gloves!
                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I think a well documented historical video is generally less unpleasant than something very recent where you cannot know the circumstances or outcome.
                                                                                            Yeah. I've seen the video of Tommy Cooper dying on stage loads of places. Its almost a historical record, weirdly.
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Have many of ye read the glorious Preacher books in your time? What a series!

34182-business-product-m1mqmkl1g7o31607651091-600.jpg
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Never heard of him. Probably a charlatan.

I follow this crowd...

Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 00.42.24.png

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 24-07-21, 23:49.

Comment

Completely forgot about this as we munched fish in Bantry. Even had a former Irish international at the table and she was raging when she realised we'd all completely missed it.
                                                                                                  Sent you a pm with a suggested day trip/drive for that neck of the woods. Allihees not to be missed. Lovely drive from Bantry.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                    Have many of ye read the glorious Preacher books in your time? What a series!

34182-business-product-m1mqmkl1g7o31607651091-600.jpg
                                                                                                    Enjoyed the freak show that was the TV version.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

Sent you a pm with a suggested day trip/drive for that neck of the woods. Allihees not to be missed. Lovely drive from Bantry.
                                                                                                      Mrs D3 is making me hike up a mountain today but that sounds good for later in the week.

Not much in the way of sandy beaches around these here parts.

Comment

Comment

Mrs D3 is making me hike up a mountain today but that sounds good for later in the week.

Not much in the way of sandy beaches around these here parts.
                                                                                                          Nice beach where you're headed in Allihees. Next stop America

Comment

Only 5 months till Xmas day lads.

Comment

Knew the day was going to go bad when we got 20 mins away from home and Mrs D3 suddenly became convinced she had left the fucking immersion on.

She hadn't.
                                                                                                              Is she a bad house-leaver?
                                                                                                              I've always been terrible at that - main one was 'had I locked the front door?' Many times I went back to verify before I came up with a method which involves ringing the bell 1 second after I turn the key. I can always clearly remember having rung the bell so I know I've locked it.
                                                                                                              Other stuff like gas, immersion, cooking, heating appliances are a problem - if I'm going to be back that day then I can let it go and keep on walking despite a nagging doubt.
                                                                                                              If going on holidays though I basically don't switch any of them on for the preceding 24 hours if I can avoid it, and definitely not on the morning of travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                Only 5 months till Xmas day lads.
                                                                                                                GFYL

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I've always been terrible at that - main one was 'had I locked the front door?' Many times I went back to verify before I came up with a method which involves ringing the bell 1 second after I turn the key. I can always clearly remember having rung the bell so I know I've locked it.
                                                                                                                  Other stuff like gas, immersion, cooking, heating appliances are a problem - if I'm going to be back that day then I can let it go and keep on walking despite a nagging doubt.
                                                                                                                  If going on holidays though I basically don't switch any of them on for the preceding 24 hours if I can avoid it, and definitely not on the morning of travel.
                                                                                                                  God, I'm shocking at that also and do the same. Going to the airport is terrible for me as I just have nagging doubts for an hour or so despite knowing I did lock up and turn everything off. I never once forgotten passport in my life but usually have to check 4 or 5 times to make sure I have it before starting to relax about it.
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1698412&d=1627207969&type=thumb
                                                                                                                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

But you trust the fridge...

Heading out the door to Kenmare for a few days, noone taking advanced bookings, walk ins only...could be either a farmers dinner of a mediteranian one.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

We all carry devices that evidence things if we can't stop our doubting minds. So absent genuine ocd you could just take photos of yourself turning off those things before leaving for a holiday. Although in the long run learning to be okay with doubt is better.

Comment

Doh

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X