Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy muttering away to himself on a Zoon call earlier, clearly not realising he hadn't muted himself (or maybe just not giving a fuck). Some highlights:
    • "this fucking moron is still around huh, fucks sake"
    • "fuck off" (multiple times)
    • "this is fucked"
    • "fuck off if you think I'm getting involved in this shit"
    etc.
    Was me and some Indian folks on the call and I guess they were too polite to tell him, plus I found it most entertaining.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Guy muttering away to himself on a Zoon call earlier, clearly not realising he hadn't muted himself (or maybe just not giving a fuck). Some highlights:
      • "this is fucked"
      etc.
      Was me and some Indian folks on the call and I guess they were too polite to tell him, plus I found it most entertaining.
      I'm not a cat

Comment

Kate Winslet and Julianne Nicholson were quite something in Mare of Eastown, struggling to think of better performances ever on a TV show. The writing and directing was quality that worked with them to take something that could easily have been a mundane whodunnit to a different level altogether. Best new TV in ages.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

• "this is fucked"
          etc.
          I did a version of that the other day deliberately by opening up another call to talk to someone else about the issue at hand. Set it all up and then at the crucial moment unmuted the original call so they could hear someone else express at a distance how idiotic what they wanted to do was. Worked a treat

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Kate Winslet and Julianne Nicholson were quite something in Mare of Eastown, struggling to think of better performances ever on a TV show. The writing and directing was quality that worked with them to take something that could easily have been a mundane whodunnit to a different level altogether. Best new TV in ages.
            Was very enjoyable but they kinda fucked up the part.....
            SPOILER
            about the gun going missing and now back in the shed, according to the kids timeline it was only gone a few hours that night, the gun owner gave the impression it was taken and returned months later.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

I think you are going along the right lines....find someone hard working and talented in the service industry looking for start up capital...A good chef looking to launch their own biz post COVID....
              I kinda invest in this stuff via https://kaleunited.com/
              They fund vegan businesses starting out, also buy them, launched their first restaurant this year etc. Returns so far this year are 70%.
              Also I am still looking into being an online retailer of vegan goods but it is slow going with life.

Comment

• "this is fucked"
                etc.
                I did this when a call started without me realising, cursing nonstop giving out about doing this presentation for these wankers I don't even know... but the presentation I was doing was to the head of all the intelligence agencies in the US (the kind of people you can't even imagine smiling) to get the final seal on buying something. Got the demo working 5 mins beforehand. Even after I finished talking there is no visible emotions or reaction on these peoples faces. They didn't mention anything and just bought it. Just said "That's good enough for me" or something.
                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-06-21, 13:00.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Was very enjoyable but they kinda fucked up the part.....
                  SPOILER
                  about the gun going missing and now back in the shed, according to the kids timeline it was only gone a few hours that night, the gun owner gave the impression it was taken and returned months later.
                  There are a few bits of plotting that are inconsistent as it switches from whodunnit to whydunnit and back again mostly around who knew what when but IMO they take little or nothing away from whats happening in the foreground amongst the various Mammies.

Comment

Naomi Osaka showing where ceding space in media etc to mental health grifters will get you
                    inatagram/ and hitches fav tik tok etc is full of it, full blown narcissists pointing at speech bubbles full of grandiose self justification
                    theres going to be hell to pay (and it’s started already) in the future for allowing this shit to stand

Comment

Thing that stands out to me from the pics of crowds in Dublin at the weekend is how badly dressed most of the young crowd are - lots of love island contestant style tat- prob looks good in a tik Tok video

Comment

There are a few bits of plotting that are inconsistent as it switches from whodunnit to whydunnit and back again mostly around who knew what when but IMO they take little or nothing away from whats happening in the foreground amongst the various Mammies.
                        Oh for sure,
                        SPOILER
                        that final scene in the kitchen, heartbreaking, a broken woman, she should win all the awards for that scene alone.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

• "this is fucked"
                          etc.
                          Reverso?
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            Naomi Osaka showing where ceding space in media etc to mental health grifters will get you
                            inatagram/ and hitches fav tik tok etc is full of it, full blown narcissists pointing at speech bubbles full of grandiose self justification
                            theres going to be hell to pay (and it’s started already) in the future for allowing this shit to stand
                            What? You think she should be made do press conferences?

Hmmm
                            Tennis blazers are the worst sort of blazers
                            E2zY5hgWUAAb1fM?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

No deaths reported in the UK today first time since the pandemic began.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I think only you and sickpuppy could post this and not have it be your worst take

Comment

Petra Kvitová fell over and injured herself doing the press conferences, and has subsequently had to pull out of the tournament.
                                  Two-time Grand Slam champion Petra Kvitova withdraws from the French Open after suffering a freak ankle injury.

Proves Osaka was correct imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                    No deaths reported in the UK today first time since the pandemic began.
                                    Thats a lie.
                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Does an 'approval in principle' letter mean anything for mortgages? I'm guessing all the fun starts when they deep dive on the documents.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I think only you and sickpuppy could post this and not have it be your worst take
                                        What does the term“mental health” mean any more
                                        seems to encompass everything from a lad about to jump off a bridge to people frustrated at minor life inconveniences.
                                        it’s a handy way to shut down debate or divert criticism though - I’m surprised more politicians aren’t using it.

Comment

What? You think she should be made do press conferences?

Hmmm
                                          Tennis blazers are the worst sort of blazers
                                          E2zY5hgWUAAb1fM?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
                                          wow thats a rather devastating paragraph

Comment

What does the term“mental health” mean any more
                                            seems to encompass everything from a lad about to jump off a bridge to people frustrated at minor life inconveniences.
                                            it’s a handy way to shut down debate or divert criticism though - I’m surprised more politicians aren’t using it.
                                            I'm not sure there's anything wrong with mental health being a continuum from 'I don't like Monday' to the actual story behind 'I don't like Mondays'. Just needs us to adapt a bit in terms of how we judge the term - is something an acceptable excuse for something going wrong, or does it just seem like an excuse.

Comment

Years ago when I regularly read the Irish times I remember I used to always look forward to thre weekly golfing column. Now, I think that golfing is a sin and find the entire enterprise extraordinarily boring - but I used to love reading the column because of how well written it was. A good writer transcends the subject matter. I have a similar feeling now for Matt Levine, except in this case I don't find the subject matter that boring. It is dense though, but he's very talented at making complicated situations easy to understand.

His two pieces on the epic battle for Exxon board seats are good examples:

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

out of interest, how hand made do you think the hand made white pitta breads are?
                                                Oh I'm not sure. I was just really spelling out the packet for him to be sure he got the correct one.

They could have made it with their arse for all I cared.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Imagine a rock star being fined for refusing to do an after gig interview . The French tournament is losing a 4 time grand slam winner and world no. 2 Its tarnished . The entertainment comes from the tennis not the press conferences. They should be allowed have the questions prewritten and if needed a rep to answer them. Luckily for her she can afford to pull out. Others should also be given the option of how they reply to the press . It's a big thing to speak to the world , it's much easier to play what you've trained your whole life for. Not everyone is as smooth as Fed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Oh I'm not sure. I was just really spelling out the packet for him to be sure he got the correct one.

Not a fan of arse made bread myself. Though they probably just label it as arse made bread when its mASS produced.

Comment

I ended up watching several videos of pitta bread factories. The only one where a human interacted with the product was putting the final result into plastic packaging. To be honest I'd far prefer if no humans were involved in making anything I eat.
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Regarding the tennis outcry, this guy nailed it imo.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...droidApp_Other
                                                        ​​​​​.
                                                        ​​
                                                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 01-06-21, 18:41.
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Not a fan of arse made bread myself. Though they probably just label it as arse made bread when its mASS produced.
                                                          Would that be Holemeal bread there Ted?

Comment

Would that be Holemeal bread there Ted?
                                                            I personally sphincter bread would be shit

Comment

PITA bread? More like Pain In The Ass bread, amirite?

Comment

Where would one get padron peppers? Don't think I've ever seen them in any shop?
                                                                MrsHiFi picked some up in Dunnes a few weeks ago for something I was making. I'd never used or seen them before (small green fellas, kinda bitter but not unpleasent).

In the veg section as you'd expect but clearly hidden in plain sight.

Comment

Where would one get padron peppers? Don't think I've ever seen them in any shop?
                                                                  Definitely seen them in my local. Yup, here you go.

Fallon and Byrne probably too.

Watch out for the one rogue spicy one in every jar.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Thats a lie.

Comment

I've seen ones that look very like them in the veg shop inside Eurasia Indian supermarket off Fonthill Road.

Comment

Sports don't need fans, spectators, analysts, sponsors or columnists. Sports exist because of enthusiastic participants. Like sex, just get in there and participate with like minded enthusiasts. Who needs creepy voyeurs.

Comment

Like I mean sports analysts and pundits. WTF. Do I really need somebody to explain to me what I'm watching with my own eyes? Maybe it's a hangover from radio days or are people too lazy to think for themselves and maybe form their own opinion.

Comment

In the first place, God created idiots.
                                                                            That was just for practice.
                                                                            Then he created anti-vaxxers.

(with apologies to Mark Twain)

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                              Like I mean sports analysts and pundits. WTF. Do I really need somebody to explain to me what I'm watching with my own eyes? Maybe it's a hangover from radio days or are people too lazy to think for themselves and maybe form their own opinion.
                                                                              The best sports commentary has nothing to do with what is happening on the screen.

Comment

The best sports commentary has nothing to do with what is happening on the screen.
                                                                                Sometimes

Comment

No arses, they're in the glute free section!

Comment

It's a bit messier than that https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57320320

In fact, according to the UK's current definition, deaths within four weeks of a positive test, there was a day with no reportable deaths last summer - on 30 July.

But the government did announce some deaths on that day as they were using a different definition at the time.

Comment

It was indeed a poor attempt at humour, as the story is not, as you reported it, that there were no UK deaths yesterday, but rather than there was no covid-related UK deaths. An achievement for sure, but not on the same scale as stopping the process of dying more generally.

Comment

For all you lower back pain sufferers. I recommend you buy a wobble/balance board. A few mins a day and you'll be right as rain . (Activiations etc) It's also great for improving your balance funnily enough which helps with nearly everything you do physically.

Dont mention it.

Comment

Comment

Just got my appointment for the second shot on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                              Just got my appointment for the second shot on Friday
                                                                                              Nice. my 2nd is in a couple of weeks

Comment

E2p_HwXWUAQ8U1-?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

His new place on Camden St looks almost ready to open - Place looks huge - I hope nobody sets foot in the place. He's a horrible cunt.

Comment

Cold War Steve's Festival of Brexit book is one of the best things I have ever purchased
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

The classic 8-part chicken cut was today's cooking lesson that I had to implement. A deeply disturbing activity that will hopefully not haunt me in the dark nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        The classic 8-part chicken cut was today's cooking lesson that I had to implement. A deeply disturbing activity that will hopefully not haunt me in the dark nights.

Wastes literally the best part of the chicken
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The Oysters?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

The stuffing?
                                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

the skin

Comment

Meat is murder
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

My property tax is actually going down...wont hear a bad word about this government.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

My property tax is actually going down...wont hear a bad word about this government.
                                                                                                                    Made the lahmacun for dinner. Damn!

Screwed around with the recipe a bit but was still superb. Fine summer eats.

Comment

Made the lahmacun for dinner. Damn!

Screwed around with the recipe a bit but was still superb. Fine summer eats.
                                                                                                                      Ill deffo be doing them again and trying pork and beef.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Ill deffo be doing them again and trying pork and beef.
                                                                                                                        I used Harissa instead of that spicy Turkish pepper thing and sprinkled sumac on top after cooking. Lemon\parsley\red onion and roll 'er up. Devour. Think I got overexcited and ate too much.

Comment

Watching some odd show called The Butcher at the moment also. Where amateur butchers compete to be the best butcher. I shit you not. Its an actual show.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X