• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original bbc TV series of Tinker Tailor Sailor spy starting on BBC4 now
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      You can talk about Pep's team choice but a lot of those City players bottled it tonight whereas the Chelsea players didn't.
      No they didn't. Chelsea lads wanted it more and were prepped like an army.

No city player should be talked down at all except stones who had dodgy moments and that's OK. Zinchenko is shit but did OK. De Bruyne going off might be mentioned but city were better after it. The rest of their superstars were met with prepared players who wanted it that 1% more. Pep wanted to go 1 or 2 up and shut up shop. His plan became Chelseas reality. Chelsea lads gave it their all then got compact and did the job. Pep can't even be blamed, his tactics were right to try beat a team that's beaten him twice recently.

Blue is the colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

City only really started playing when Jesus came in. Other than that they were easy nullified.
        Did they?

Jesus is such a bad player for a supposedly top class player.

Should have brought Sergio on at that point imo.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Da Chd
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
            Sorry to hear about your Da Chd
            Thank you. I'm a very lucky man to of had him.

Comment

Boris has apparently got married again.

Good luck to the new Mrs Boris.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                Mellor, any plans for Q3?
                Hopefully planning a trip to Ireland late Q3. Of course, that'll be Q1 in Ireland - so that wokeness that is non hemisphere centric names is utter nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                  On the subject of driving tests,
                  whatever they test people on these days it's wholely inadequate ímo.

Daughter aced the test at 1st attempt
                  and it's no exaggeration to say that
                  sitting in a car driven by her
                  is the most terrifying experience
                  I've ever had ..... by an enormous margin.
                  Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                  Her test was also the moment when I realised
                  she had me by the short 'n' curlys.

On her 18th birthday she asked to be insured.
                  I played for time by pointing out she was heading abroad for university
                  so we'd wait for her to come home.

She then proceeded to take lessons
                  which I only found out about when
                  out of the blue she asked for a lift to her test.

Driving home with her certificate achieved
                  she acquired a doe eyed demeanor and
                  informed me her savings wouldn't stretch
                  to a car so she'd have to get a motorbike.

Needless to say my car insurance acquired
                  a named driver by the close of business.

You should post more of your poetry

Comment

Lara Hogan: "I'd like to have a mutually beneficial non threatening conversation about enriching our sex life"
                    Gender unspecified partner but currently identifying as male: Drops trousers hopefully (only hears one word)
                    Lara: "Theres just one teeny tiny little thing"

"Its just cold, for fucks sake"

Comment

Looks like Netanyahu is out the door.

The opposition must really hate him, given the diversity of the coalition being assembled. Would be like FG + SF + Healy Reas + PBP + Mattie McGrath + that lunatic wan from Wexford + Muck Wallace and Ming.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Looks like Netanyahu is out the door.

The opposition must really hate him, given the diversity of the coalition being assembled. Would be like FG + SF + Healy Reas + PBP + Mattie McGrath + that lunatic wan from Wexford + Muck Wallace and Ming.
                        Bennett is an even more religious right wing nut than him though?
                        Still, grab power when you can.
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                          If i had an Ooni / Roccbox / Gozney it wouldn't be too long before i gave this a spin. Absolutely delicious.

A few months after SP but gave this a go today, made all the flat breads at the same time, lots of flour, no sticking no panic, very easy cook.

PXL-20210530-152013301.jpg

PXL-20210530-151954059.jpg

PXL-20210530-153002035.jpg

PXL-20210530-153140023.jpg

PXL-20210530-153504170.jpg

PXL-20210530-155725457.jpg
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Bennett is an even more religious right wing nut than him though?
                            Still, grab power when you can.
                            Netanyahu isn't religious. Likud is secular.

Religious, no (although he might pander to them for political advantage).
                            Right wing, yes.

Comment

One of those glorious work days where it is both a UK and a US holiday, and most of the rest of the world thinks you're in the UK anyway. And the sun is shining.

Comment

Have the energy today of a 90-year-old man who has spent a lifetime chain-smoking benson and hedges.
                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Month Two complete.
                                  Weight has dropped a bit to 12st 12.
                                  Still cycling every day - same route, just faster as my legs now feeling a lot stronger than Month One. Five ascents of the dreaded Alpe De Howth Head completed (all from the steeper Howth side for added pain and suffering). Definitely more enjoyable now.
                                  The core strength stuff continues - basic planks (easy enough now), side planks (harder), stomach crunches (funnily enough, always found these pretty easy - probably doing them wrong), press-ups (hard). I just add 1 press-up to the routine every week, so currently doing 17 at a go (could do 20 but would be a sad and unedifying spectacle doing those last couple). Can definitely feel the improvement in muscle tone etc.

Ambition for May:
                                  Keep it going.
                                  Throw in some flexibility work as well as my back and hamstrings still have all the flexibility of a DUP politician.
                                  Diet still a mix of good and bad habits, sure it'll all balance out.
                                  Month Three complete, sort of. First cycle today for two weeks as we all got flattened by some chest infection yoke for last two week (not covid as multiple negative tests would confirm) and just coming out of it now. So that screwed a month that had been going pretty well. Think it will take a few days to get back to feeling properly strong again.

Weight dropped a bit more to 12st 10. Probably only about 3lb to go and not really bothered either way at this stage. Feels like some previously flabby upper body muscle is being replaced by actual muscle in the upper body. Persisting with the core strength stuff and was doing 20 press-ups at a time pre getting sick plus adopting a better stomach crunches routine. Can really feel the difference now.

This month: continue cycling every day plus core strength stuff, get back to full strength in first 10 days of June and then push on a little bit more. The cycle hopefully becoming a commute back into\out of work each day once I'm vaccinated, which will mean less cardio on the way in as arriving in a mad heap of sweat means I'll still be in one getting out of the shower but can sprint home as fast as possible for same effect.
                                  25 press-ups at a time hopefully achievable but I am old as my children keep reminding me....

Not really done anything about diet but generally eat healthier in the summer months anyway. Bought a fish basket for the bbq so lots of grilled sardines and mackerel to come, which will undoubtedly make me smarter and more successful at everything I do.

Comment

@HH, 12 days to go in our bet. I registered right on the button on 21-May but no text back yet. Might yet be close.

Annoyingly one of my same-aged friends is marching off to the Aviva right now to get jabbed so definitely an element of randomness to it.

Comment

Are we about the same height RD? You seem to be interpreting your 80kg as svelte, while my 80kg looks a bit flabby (I would have been about 65kg when we last met), so I must do some more targetted exercises. Transfer some of the wobbly stuff to muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        Are we about the same height RD? You seem to be interpreting your 80kg as svelte, while mine looks a bit flabby (I would have been about 65kg when we last met), so I must do some more targetted exercises. Transfer some of the wobbly stuff to muscles.
                                        I'm 5ft 11". So yeah I think we're pretty much about the same.

I'm more basing it on "I was this weight 20 years ago (when I was extremely fit) so that's probably about the right weight to be".
                                        It's, like, science or something dude.

Comment

28 days today since I had my first shot and haven't received a text about the second. Anyone heard if they are short of the Moderna stuff?
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                            28 days today since I had my first shot and haven't received a text about the second. Anyone heard if they are short of the Moderna stuff?
                                            I received the Moderna Friday, as did everyone else at the center that day, a mate went Thursday and it was Pfizer on offer.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

@HH, 12 days to go in our bet. I registered right on the button on 21-May but no text back yet. Might yet be close.

Annoyingly one of my same-aged friends is marching off to the Aviva right now to get jabbed so definitely an element of randomness to it.
                                              They seem to be backed up a bit. 40-44 was meant to be open last week, now they'll probably announce it tomorrow for later this week. Meaning it might be mid June before it actually happens.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I received the Moderna Friday, as did everyone else at the center that day, a mate went Thursday and it was Pfizer on offer.
                                                Was that your second one, and if so ho long was it after the 1st one? Also were you referred by a hospital or GP or did you register yourself?
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Was that your second one, and if so ho long was it after the 1st one? Also were you referred by a hospital or GP or did you register yourself?
                                                  First dose, registered myself.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

They seem to be backed up a bit. 40-44 was meant to be open last week, now they'll probably announce it tomorrow for later this week. Meaning it might be mid June before it actually happens.
                                                    Allegedly they are doing 300k a week so I would have actually thought the 50-somethings are pretty much done as regards first shots and they should be rampaging through the 40-something bracket right now. Should be enough Pfizer, Moderna and AZ incoming to easily keep us at 300k+ p/w.

Comment

Took a visit to Rush with the kids yesterday. Gave them the after beach chipper experience. I was walking past a FULL bin with my rubbish to go into a garage with a semi bull bin. On the way back I saw a teenager throw a pizza box on the street . My pet hate. Not trying to be a bollix I said. There is a semi empty bin up the road. Why not use that. Expecting his entourage to swear etc I was pleasantly surprised to hear the lad say. Fk it . I just dropped it. Thanks I'll use that bin . Nice 1 .

Thought I'd give a balanced viewpoint of the much maligned 17 years old types . Not all are scumbags.

Comment

The covid vaccine appointment thread on boards is good (it's being kept clear of the usual nonsense).
                                                        Just people listing their age, location, registration date and when/where they got called for a vaccine, & which vaccine.
                                                        Gives you an idea of how it's filtering down through the age groups and when you might get called.
                                                        Link to last page (40 posts per page).

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          The covid vaccine appointment thread on boards is good (it's being kept clear of the usual nonsense).
                                                          Just people listing their age, location, registration date and when/where they got called for a vaccine, & which vaccine.
                                                          Gives you an idea of how it's filtering down through the age groups and when you might get called.
                                                          https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...184723&page=42
                                                          That's a good resource, thanks AJ

I suspect I'm either the Helix (DCU) or Croke Park and they seem to be mainly doing HSE staff and 50+ at the moment. Mrs D3 got her second AZ jab there in CP on Thursday.

Comment

Might be a really dumb question but I can't find it online - where is the login link for the portal so you can see your status online?

nvm, found it: https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/

Comment

nvm: found it - https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/ and 'Already have an account'

Unsurprisingly says 'Awaiting Appointment 1' as current status.

Comment

Greek salad with barbequed lamb lined up for tonight. You'd normally have a tasty light white bread with that?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...184723&page=42
                                                                  Thats a delicious thread. Mainly 100 posts in a row of 'I'm 48 and vaccinated' followed by one lonely soul saying 'but what about MEEEEEE'. Suck up the randomness.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                    Took a visit to Rush with the kids yesterday. Gave them the after beach chipper experience. I was walking past a FULL bin with my rubbish to go into a garage with a semi bull bin. On the way back I saw a teenager throw a pizza box on the street . My pet hate. Not trying to be a bollix I said. There is a semi empty bin up the road. Why not use that. Expecting his entourage to swear etc I was pleasantly surprised to hear the lad say. Fk it . I just dropped it. Thanks I'll use that bin . Nice 1 .

Thought I'd give a balanced viewpoint of the much maligned 17 years old types . Not all are scumbags.
                                                                    Almost started a fight on the street the other week after a fella threw his cigarette butt at a bin but not into the bin and called me a cunt when I passively aggressively suggested he has another go.

The blindness of some people as to "what is littering" is terrible imo.

Comment

I had my first moderna about 2 weeks ago, about 3 days after the first shot i got another text with my next appointment exactly 28 days after my first.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Thats a delicious thread. Mainly 100 posts in a row of 'I'm 48 and vaccinated' followed by one lonely soul saying 'but what about MEEEEEE'. Suck up the randomness.
                                                                        Won't anyone think of the children??!!
                                                                        (And meeeeee)
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Greek salad with barbequed lamb lined up for tonight. You'd normally have a tasty light white bread with that?
                                                                          Pitta I would suggest.

Aldi do imo the best around. It's a brand called Balllymore Crust, hand made white pitta breads.

Stick them on the bbq for a couple of mins each side.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Walked into work this am (about 3 miles). Will be on feet all day so not looking forward to the walk home.

Was in the mountains yesterday for an 1 1/2 walk near Tibradden, great view of Dublin bay.

Down a bit on weight (about 5 pounds) but dont feel any different. Could just be water as belly looks the same. Need to start back properly on conditioning to form up my magnificent muscles!!

Comment

Regged same day as you. Should be Citywest or Aviva id imagine so interesting to see who hears back first

Comment

Given that we have already descended to this level - what would be good exercises to swap belly weight for muscles? pls explain like I'm five

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Regged same day as you. Should be Citywest or Aviva id imagine so interesting to see who hears back first
                                                                                  Have €25 on the coinflip and stop messing.

Got a text for Seatlle Sound e/w. 7.15 Roscommon earlier. Fancier prices snapped up it seems.

Comment

Given that we have already descended to this level - what would be good exercises to swap belly weight for muscles? pls explain like I'm five
                                                                                    Pick up heavy things, put them down.
                                                                                    Pick them back up again.

I bought a yoga mat the other day.
                                                                                    It's looking at me in my attic office both mocking it's owner and mourning it's own fate of wasted potenial
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1695081&d=1622470037&type=thumb
                                                                                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                                                      Last edited by Solksjaer!; 31-05-21, 14:11.

Comment

Can't remember if I posted about it at the time but a few weeks ago I was driving along a narrow road along by the canal when I caught a lad fecking a bag of litter out of the passenger side of a car behind me. I slowed down where there was no passing me. I got out and spoke to the driver who was a young wan with two lads probably just teenagers and rough as fuck, I just said to her 'I think you left something behind you back there you better go and get it'. Got back into the car and just sat there, after a minute or two the passenger walked back down the road and picked it up. I said fair play to you and drove on

Comment

Would love to be at the racing in Cartmel today looks like a great meeting, maybe next year.

Comment

Irish GDP is growing at a rate of knots. Brexit has been great for financial services, and a range of other industries seem to be doing very well (tech, pharma etc) whilst agri and tourism sector have been suffering. Irish savings are continuing to grow and we have negative interest rates slowly about to impact the masses.

I'd imagine its pretty short odds that we have an explosion of spending (as sure fuck it I'm losing money in the bank) and the tourism and domestic services sector bouncing back (once rational restaurants owners wind-up and restart under a new ltd. company).

So does anyone have a plan to take advantage??? Obviously buying and holding inflation linked assets should be good but any other cunning plans???

Get back into poker????

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                              Irish GDP is growing at a rate of knots. Brexit has been great for financial services, and a range of other industries seem to be doing very well (tech, pharma etc) whilst agri and tourism sector have been suffering. Irish savings are continuing to grow and we have negative interest rates slowly about to impact the masses.

I'd imagine its pretty short odds that we have an explosion of spending (as sure fuck it I'm losing money in the bank) and the tourism and domestic services sector bouncing back (once rational restaurants owners wind-up and restart under a new ltd. company).

So does anyone have a plan to take advantage??? Obviously buying and holding inflation linked assets should be good but any other cunning plans???

Get back into poker????
                                                                                              I'm gonna become a cowboy builder.

Or else open a food truck with Lazare and Ole in the kitchen.

Comment

I'm gonna become a cowboy builder.

Or else open a food truck with Lazare and Ole in the kitchen.
                                                                                                I think you are going along the right lines....find someone hard working and talented in the service industry looking for start up capital...A good chef looking to launch their own biz post COVID....
                                                                                                Last edited by V for Vendetta; 31-05-21, 16:17.
                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

News and social media comment tends towards the negative. This is more of a moan thread than one of praise.

That said I expect this vaccine rollout drive to be recognized as one of the most splendid endeavors in the history of civilization.
                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Get back into poker????
                                                                                                    I agree on pent up spending and I particularly think 2022 will be the year of "anywhere but home".

No plan but I've been considering, probably naively, about purchasing a house in the wesht, Clare/Kerry are and running reciprocal golf tours through it.

Rocky Links Tours
                                                                                                    We have a a bit of space here we can take advantage of for lodging this side of the Atlantic.
                                                                                                    The house in Clare/Kerry would be the lodging that side. Have the oul lad run it.

Present Golf tours of the Rockies and Okanagan to Irish people.
                                                                                                    Present Golf tours of the Links of SW Ireland to Canadians.

Kind of inspired by the NLU lads doing their Irish tour. I think the mountain courses out here would be as awe inspiring to Irish as the links was to Americans/Canadians.
                                                                                                    Plus our weather is just so much better.

Other than that, I'm just gonna make sure I pump some cash into my theme of 2022.
                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I think you are going along the right lines....find someone hard working and talented in the service industry looking for start up capital...A good chef looking to launch their own biz post COVID....
                                                                                                      Ive a buddy running a very very successful pizza food truck, this is somewhat along the lines of his thinking.
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                          News and social media comment tends towards the negative. This is more of a moan thread than one of praise.

That said I expect this vaccine rollout drive to be recognized as one of the most splendid endeavors in the history of civilization.
                                                                                                          Well said. I imagine there is an incredible book to be written about the vaccine development and rollout.

Comment

Get back into poker????
                                                                                                            I've been humming and hawing on this. Inflation will be sky high so holding onto cash is probably a very bad idea. Gambling on the shitcoin bubble seems like madness so we'll probably want to put at least 25% into that. It's really only the stock market I can see as being stable, but that's also being hugely propped up by QE right now. Other than that, AirBNB will be massively popular over the next few years. Grab a city centre apartment, rent it to English lager louts and hope they don't trash the place?
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

If inflation really is a-comin' then y'all better get fixing your mortgages.

Comment

I'm 5ft 11". So yeah I think we're pretty much about the same.

I'm more basing it on "I was this weight 20 years ago (when I was extremely fit) so that's probably about the right weight to be".
                                                                                                                  It's, like, science or something dude.
                                                                                                                  Both fighters confirmed for light heavyweight division. Looking forward to prefight weigh-in face off.

Comment

Both fighters confirmed for light heavyweight division. Looking forward to prefight weigh-in face off.
                                                                                                                    What we now need, more than fitness, skills or training, is some cool nicknames.

Raoul 'Destroyer' Duke? Hitch 'Hurtmaster' Hiker?

Comment

I've been humming and hawing on this. Inflation will be sky high so holding onto cash is probably a very bad idea. Gambling on the shitcoin bubble seems like madness so we'll probably want to put at least 25% into that. It's really only the stock market I can see as being stable, but that's also being hugely propped up by QE right now. Other than that, AirBNB will be massively popular over the next few years. Grab a city centre apartment, rent it to English lager louts and hope they don't trash the place?
                                                                                                                      Flipping old derelict houses in rural areas seems to be the thing down own way. Can bypass full planning restrictions by passing it of as an extension, but you practically end up with a new build. The site alone can be worth the money.

Sexy
                                                                                                                      Find Detached Houses for Sale in Tuam, Galway. Search 8 Detached Houses for sale on Daft.ie now.

Comment

Flipping old derelict houses in rural areas seems to be the thing down own way. Can bypass full planning restrictions by passing it of as an extension, but you practically end up with a new build. The site alone can be worth the money.

Sexy
                                                                                                                        https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detache...galway/2871612
                                                                                                                        Daily bus services to Roscommon? SOLD

Comment

Buy a house with debt. Debt goes down in value, house (hopefully!) goes up.

The whole of Fintwit is engaged in a long-running battle as to whether the current inflation will be transitionary or not. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-asset-markets

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X