This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two observations on the UK entrant.

1 - The guy looked like he was "almost" an extra in Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels
    2 - He sang as if he was the guy running karaoke night, and was filling in time in between drunken revellers getting involved.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Reckon Germany & UK (UK seem to have given up trying) are the golden tickets in the sweep. Though a lot depends on the whether the second song is also a low scorer.

Hmmm, total disagreement with Hitch - I have the Germans last/second last.
      Spain and Israel have wooden spoon potential.
      Israel may be saved by the panel wanting to be above all that nasty war business.
      San Marino may get flo rida backlash or equally likely a flo rida bump
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I feel our Malta bets can be chucked in the bin anyway.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Reckon Germany & UK (UK seem to have given up trying) are the golden tickets in the sweep. Though a lot depends on the whether the second song is also a low scorer.

Hmmm, total disagreement with Hitch - I have the Germans last/second last.
          Oh Germany might very well be last in the actual votes. I am simply expressing the correct view that they should be winners, and are the moral winners.

Comment

Serbia, Azerbaijan, UK, Moldova, Norway, Israel, Spain, all in with a decent shot of the bottom.

Comment

I think there's some alternate universe where Greece win. Top tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                I feel our Malta bets can be chucked in the bin anyway.
                I've Malta, Ukraine and Spain last as my bets.
                Paddy Power Market is shockingly thin.
                Let me spunk money on combos ffs
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I think there's some alternate universe where Greece win. Top tune.
                  Belgium has a genuine decent tune.
                  Very Portishead ish

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Belgium has a genuine decent tune.
                    Very Portishead ish
                    yeah a great song, but ironically is the wrong place for it.

Comment

Eurovision Game Two.
                      Fav/2nd favs France & Italy removed. Remaining 24 countries split into 3 groups of 8 according to oddschecker. One from each list assigned to each player via random org lists.
                      Only your worst two scores count, add them together and the lowest overall total wins. €25 a head, honour system. contact the winner and pay afterwards.
                      Hitch Iceland Russia Albania
                      Gimmebreak Ukraine Azerbaijan Israel
                      KK82 Malta Serbia Spain
                      premierstone Lithuania Bulgaria Netherlands
                      Benny Hi-Fi San Marino Cyprus Belgium
                      Micknail Portugal Norway Germany
                      RD3 Finland Greece UK
                      Dice75 Switzerland Sweden Moldova
                      and game 1 reposted just to have it on the current page.
                      Emmet Switzerland Bulgaria UK
                      Oleras Portugal Serbia Albania
                      Dead Parrot San Marino Azerbaijan Spain
                      Solskjaer Ukraine Sweden Belgium
                      Balfejohn Malta Norway Moldova
                      ionapaul Iceland Russia Netherlands
                      Strewelpeter Finland Cyprus Israel
                      Lao Lao Lithuania Greece Germany
                      Be interesting to see if Israel is a golden ticket for SP & GAB, hard to see how they can score many points from the tele votes after the countries bad press of the last week.
                      Group 2 is surely a straight race between GAB and KKK.

DP and Ole for Group 1.

Comment

Just tuned in for the for the voting.... they are all shite some task to pick the worst from that lot!
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I think I like Azerbaijan M-m-m-m-Mata Hari more than Hitch does, can see it being comfortably mid-table.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            Just tuned in for the for the voting.... they are all shite some task to pick the worst from that lot!
                            Hasn't been the same since they started transmitting it in color eh?

Comment

DP and Ole for Group 1.
                              I have an absolutely shocking record.
                              I don't think I've ever won this.
                              I just donate for love of the game

Comment

Well shit

Comment

Hasn't been the same since they started transmitting it in color eh?
                                  Butch Moore put me off it for life, love the voting and the punting

Comment

Swiss from 14/1 into 23/10

Comment

Fuck right off uk

Comment

Amanda Holden, bit of work done

Comment

Bombing children seems to have created some positive sentiment from the juries

Comment

Micknail has Game 2 by the balls at this stage.

Germany&Norway some combo of patheticness

Comment

Bombing children seems to have created some positive sentiment from the juries
                                              War is tres gauche

Comment

lol

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

DP and Ole for Group 1.
                                                  Giddy up
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Iceland

Comment

Georgia....
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Italy 1/2
                                                        France 7/1 Swiss 4/1 ...they think the public will hate them

Comment

Fuck right off uk
                                                          Amanda Holden saying Hello in Dutch and French and proudly saying she didn't know which was which really sums the UK up so a good choice of ambassador there

Comment

Public vote must have leaked

Comment

Eurovision Game Two.
                                                              Fav/2nd favs France & Italy removed. Remaining 24 countries split into 3 groups of 8 according to oddschecker. One from each list assigned to each player via random org lists.
                                                              Only your worst two scores count, add them together and the lowest overall total wins. €25 a head, honour system. contact the winner and pay afterwards.
                                                              Hitch Iceland Russia Albania
                                                              Gimmebreak Ukraine Azerbaijan Israel
                                                              KK82 Malta Serbia Spain
                                                              premierstone Lithuania Bulgaria Netherlands
                                                              Benny Hi-Fi San Marino Cyprus Belgium
                                                              Micknail Portugal Norway Germany
                                                              RD3 Finland Greece UK
                                                              Dice75 Switzerland Sweden Moldova
                                                              and game 1 reposted just to have it on the current page.
                                                              Emmet Switzerland Bulgaria UK
                                                              Oleras Portugal Serbia Albania
                                                              Dead Parrot San Marino Azerbaijan Spain
                                                              Solskjaer Ukraine Sweden Belgium
                                                              Balfejohn Malta Norway Moldova
                                                              ionapaul Iceland Russia Netherlands
                                                              Strewelpeter Finland Cyprus Israel
                                                              Lao Lao Lithuania Greece Germany
                                                              Be interesting to see if Israel is a golden ticket for SP & GAB, hard to see how they can score many points from the tele votes after the countries bad press of the last week.
                                                              /

Comment

WP DP
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Ole wins game 1, no?

Oh no DP by a mile

Comment

Ole wins game 1, no?

Oh no DP by a mile
                                                                    I'm 56 and out

Comment

I'm 56 and out
                                                                      Send me on revolut or PayPal...when I sober up I'll pay...lol
                                                                      loves me some Eurovision
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Family jewels on Lithuania to top the UK televote
                                                                        Winner. wp.
                                                                        Seems a strange outcome, what was it based on?

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                          The bookies must have a share in that Italian shite
                                                                          how r they favs
                                                                          It's like you have lost touch with the central/east European gay scene.

Comment

Did RD or Micknail win game 2? Send me on deets if it was the latter

Comment

Well done all winners. Send on some bank details and I will ship the few Bob
                                                                              good nights viewing,some great songs and some wacky acts

Comment

It's like you have lost touch with the central/east European gay scene.
                                                                                I’m on it
                                                                                its the transgender binary transgender group I don’t get
                                                                                they have me confused

Comment

Yes please PM Revolut deets whoever won! Ukraine top five was the breakeven bet for me. But of course the real winner was entertainment.

Comment

Dead Parrot Game 1 and Micknail Game 2 I think.
                                                                                    Neither had the shambolic UK but those with UK were let down by the second team.
                                                                                    We should hold the money in trust for Micknail until he turns 21.

Comment

We can buy him some Dogecoin to hold

Comment

Wait, who won game 2? PM me details.. I can pay pretty much any method. I knew it was bad when I got landed with the only country I had a bet on to win! Thanks to AJ for running! Did I miss it or did he forget to post his annual Satellite post?

Dunno how to post YouTube links here, but here we go..

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                          Wait, who won game 2? PM me details.. I can pay pretty much any method. I knew it was bad when I got landed with the only country I had a bet on to win! Thanks to AJ for running! Did I miss it or did he forget to post his annual Satellite post?

Dunno how to post YouTube links here, but here we go..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pL9...ionSongContest
                                                                                          D'oh, I forgot about posting Lena before the votes. Amazing what a break of a year does to the mind.
                                                                                          Will rectify next year hopefully.

Comment

Winner. wp.
                                                                                            Seems a strange outcome, what was it based on?
                                                                                            Patriotic bunch who love Eurovision and a fair whack of them in UK who probably all vote last weeks wages and back it

Comment

Winner PM me . DP? revolute or bank deets. Missed all the fun doh. Heard about Iceland . Raging I missed it .

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

In our corporate directory we can now choose which personal pronouns we wish to be referred to by. Quite the baffling galaxy of choice.

There ya go

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                  Spot please, I feel I have an edge vs. those players.
                                                                                                  Boom, sensed the value.

Dead Parrot Game 1 and Micknail Game 2 I think.
                                                                                                  Trust fund baby yeah!!!!

Would it be wrong to send it to GAB for a spin up tho?
                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                    PM bank Micknail pls.
                                                                                                    Likewise. Wp.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      PM bank Micknail pls.
                                                                                                      Ditto please.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post

Ditto please.
                                                                                                        +1 etc

Was momentarily excited to see I had binked the nul points scoring UK but Greece let me down.

What have the Greeks ever done for us?
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

DeadParrot - Can you PM me your bank details please and I'll transfer the loots

Comment

Tell you what, that Mickste fella is a true gent, the soundest of the sound.

I put up a tweet saying my wrist was numb on a run, commenting on how cold it is, but not really making it clear in hindsight.

He sent me a dm within a minute of posting it asking was I alright.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

If you are buying a house - should you do stuff like engage a solicitor early in the process? Like say if we get approval and are going to be making bids all over the place hoping some work out - is that just us making the bids, or should it be done through a solicitor who acts on our behalf? I've heard conflicting views, so not really sure.

Comment

If you are buying a house - should you do stuff like engage a solicitor early in the process? Like say if we get approval and are going to be making bids all over the place hoping some work out - is that just us making the bids, or should it be done through a solicitor who acts on our behalf? I've heard conflicting views, so not really sure.
                                                                                                                You can bid directly with vendors agent. You need a solicitor for conveyancing, but don’t see the need to pay then to act as a secretary.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

You can bid directly with vendors agent. You need a solicitor for conveyancing, but don’t see the need to pay then to act as a secretary.
                                                                                                                  Someone was saying that they made all their bids through the solicitor, as they felt the estate agents were able to read their facial expressions a bit too well.

Comment

Property bidding 'tells'... This is what we have become

Once were warriors

Comment

Got a limited edition signed copy of "The Ginger Man" fot bros 60th.

Check out yisser hardback bukes, might be worth a few quid.
                                                                                                                      Have "The Crossing" by Cormac McCarty selling in rare bookshop for €75. Bought the border trilogy secondhand for next to nothing, either £3 or €3.
                                                                                                                      Have a terrible habit of 'lending' out books that on reflection I should have kept as they're great for a re-read.

List of numbers on the publisher details page ..if theres a 1 in the list indicates first edition.

Comment

Someone was saying that they made all their bids through the solicitor, as they felt the estate agents were able to read their facial expressions a bit too well.
                                                                                                                        Will bid for €1k, will overbid and pull out last minute for €1500, will threaten EA with kneecapping for €2k or the delux package for €5k

Comment

The particular person also managed to survive 10 years on Wall Street as a trader working for a bulge bracket firm, so that's what got me doubting myself when she said that! Plus also me having no clue about the whole process, admittedly.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X