X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
    AJ where do we send the eurov monies ?
    Think it's usually an honour system with everyone transferring to the winner when it's all over, rather than AJ acting as a bag man

Comment

In for eurovision if there is a second one

Comment

FFS!
        Have an absolute useless cunt of a part time pseudo apprentice farmer next to me and every year its a variation on a theme of the same the same story.

Some knacker or other drops over some livestock to use up a few strips of land but he's too fucking useless and too fucking miserable to fence them in properly.

This year it's sheep, maggoty dirty mountainy hungry hoors that weren't even sheared last year and the fuckers are straight in and eaten half my garden including 20 of the finest Brussels Sprouts and cauliflower plant's I'd ever grown. Potatoes that were already struggling against the weather are ploughed back in, Lupins that were just about to flower banjaxed and a bed of beautiful delphiniums eaten to the ground. FFS!
        Fucking useless lazy cunt.
        When he didn't answer the phone for the third time I left him a voicemail that leaves him in no doubt about that I think of him, wish I'd recorded it myself, it was quite a beaut of a rant

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's a nice break from the usual 21st century problems on here to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Which episode?
            I thought it was better not to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              When he didn't answer the phone for the third time I left him a voicemail that leaves him in no doubt about that I think of him, wish I'd recorded it myself, it was quite a beaut of a rant

"Zip up your fence."

Comment

Kayroo
                Just reading "Noise" at the moment. He talks about Frankel and sentencing in the US. How much quantitative analysis of judges happens at the day to day level of the courts? I know people working there would have an idea of what judges biases are just from day to day. But is much if any work done in recoding/quantifying it?

Comment

Had a reaction to that vaccine. Fever, aches and pains, headache bursting my head ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    It's a nice break from the usual 21st century problems on here to hear that.
                    Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

"Zip up your fence."
                    I swear to Jaysus the bollocks rang me back and amongst his excuses were 'I don't own dem sheep' ... "I don't give a fuck who owns them you prick, they're on your land", 'I fixed up the gap last night' ..."well you did about as good a job on it as you usually do ya useless cunt" and my favourite 'they wouldn't have got in if you hadn't cut back a bush on your side', "Seriously Joe, would you have a listen to yourself, you fucking imbecile"

At least I was left with a few bits for the dinner
                    1yJg0Ey.jpg

Comment

Tis no wonder the sheep went in for them

Comment

Inside No 9 is fantastic tv alright. I love that they are all standalone so I don't have to stick to my thing of insisting on watching a series in order.
                        Have only seen about 10 of the 30 odd eps so far, but so many of them are memorable and so many unusual and difficult techniques used.
                        There's been one in reverse chronology, an episode with no dialogue, then an episode with all the dialogue in iambic pentameter, another story told almost entirely through cctv.
                        Pemberton and Shearsmith are pretty much in comedy genius territory at this stage, 20 years of solid writing.
                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 22-05-21, 15:27.

Comment

4 people for Eurovision 'do badly' Game II so far..
                          Hitch, Benny Hi-Fi, KK82 and premierstone, with Dead Parrot willing and indeed eager to double up and enter another one. Hope I haven't missed anyone, don't find the thread easy to scan in this software.
                          Will keep it open until 7pm if necessary to see if I can get eight people, otherwise will go with what we have at that stage.
                          Draw for Game 1 should be up in the next 30 minutes.

Comment

Funking hard for La Rochelle here.

And jealous of shraaaap's attendance.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Right, game one of hopefully two.
                              Fav/2nd favs France & Italy removed. Remaining 24 countries split into 3 groups of 8 according to oddschecker. One from each list assigned to each player via random org lists.
                              Only your worst two scores count, add them together and the lowest overall total wins. €25 a head, honour system. contact the winner and pay afterwards.
                              Emmet Switzerland Bulgaria UK
                              oleras Portugal Serbia Albania
                              Dead Parrot San Marino Azerbaijan Spain
                              Solskjaer Ukraine Sweden Belgium
                              balfejohn Malta Norway Moldova
                              ionapaul Iceland Russia Netherlands
                              Strewelpeter Finland Cyprus Israel
                              Lao Lao Lithuania Greece Germany

Comment

Two girls tested negative for covid but 4/5 of us still coughing hard.

Makes you quite the social pariah.

Comment

Inski for Eurovision II

Comment

Regged for vaccine earlier, only two gender options, I was stumped.

Comment

Is that The Fields of Athenry being sung at Twickenham?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Regged for vaccine earlier, only two gender options, I was stumped.
                                        In our corporate directory we can now choose which personal pronouns we wish to be referred to by. Quite the baffling galaxy of choice.

Comment

Merde but a red card all day.

Comment

Jesus, Rog looked like he he should have kicked that himself.
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              4 people for Eurovision 'do badly' Game II so far..
                                              Hitch, Benny Hi-Fi, KK82 and premierstone, with Dead Parrot willing and indeed eager to double up and enter another one. Hope I haven't missed anyone, don't find the thread easy to scan in this software.
                                              Will keep it open until 7pm if necessary to see if I can get eight people, otherwise will go with what we have at that stage.
                                              Draw for Game 1 should be up in the next 30 minutes.
                                              If you need someone to make up the numbers for EV2 I'll do it.

Comment

You would love if La ROGchelle could tough this out but seems inevitable they'll tire.

Pretty shit game, which always seems to be the case when you get two finalists from the same country.

Comment

Laid Toulose @1.05 thought I was going to get a sweat and then they mess up the conversion

Comment

Eurovision Game Two nearly ready to go.
                                                    1. Hitch
                                                    2. Benny Hi-Fi
                                                    3. KK82
                                                    4. premierstone
                                                    5. Dice75
                                                    6. Gimmebreak
                                                    7. (Dead Parrot)
                                                    8. (Strewelpeter)

Still two slots available with DP and SP ready to drop out if anyone else wants an entry. Will hold it open to 7.25pm then do the draw as kickoff is 8pm.
                                                    Where are previous winning luckboxes luckforsome & Dobrovolsky? Ou est Le Riggeur?

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                      Jesus, Rog looked like he he should have kicked that himself.
                                                      They left 8 pretty simple points out there that ROG would have kicked in his sleep.

Comment

1. Hitch
                                                        2. Benny Hi-Fi
                                                        3. KK82
                                                        4. premierstone
                                                        5. Dice75
                                                        6. Gimmebreak
                                                        7. (Dead Parrot)
                                                        8. (Strewelpeter)

Still two slots available with DP and SP ready to drop out if anyone else wants an entry. Will hold it open to 7.25pm then do the draw as kickoff is 8pm.
                                                        Where are previous winning luckboxes luckforsome & Dobrovolsky? Ou est Le Riggeur?

Sure I'll take a spot if free

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                          Think it's usually an honour system with everyone transferring to the winner when it's all over, rather than AJ acting as a bag man
                                                          Or as I and Danny Diamond like to call it. A freeroll.

Comment

Cheers for running AJ

Comment

Surely there was a penalty at the end there

Comment

1. Hitch
                                                                2. Benny Hi-Fi
                                                                3. KK82
                                                                4. premierstone
                                                                5. Dice75
                                                                6. Gimmebreak
                                                                7. (Dead Parrot)
                                                                8. (Strewelpeter)

Spot please, I feel I have an edge vs. those players.
                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

And that's a wrap. Shop closed.
                                                                  1. Hitch
                                                                  2. Benny Hi-Fi
                                                                  3. KK82
                                                                  4. premierstone
                                                                  5. Dice75
                                                                  6. Gimmebreak
                                                                  7. RD3
                                                                  8. Micknail

Draw to follow in 20 minutes max.

Comment

1. Hitch
                                                                    2. Benny Hi-Fi
                                                                    3. KK82
                                                                    4. premierstone
                                                                    5. Dice75
                                                                    6. Gimmebreak
                                                                    7. (Dead Parrot)
                                                                    8. (Strewelpeter)

Won one a few years ago
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Eurovision Game Two.
                                                                      Fav/2nd favs France & Italy removed. Remaining 24 countries split into 3 groups of 8 according to oddschecker. One from each list assigned to each player via random org lists.
                                                                      Only your worst two scores count, add them together and the lowest overall total wins. €25 a head, honour system. contact the winner and pay afterwards.
                                                                      Hitch Iceland Russia Albania
                                                                      Gimmebreak Ukraine Azerbaijan Israel
                                                                      KK82 Malta Serbia Spain
                                                                      premierstone Lithuania Bulgaria Netherlands
                                                                      Benny Hi-Fi San Marino Cyprus Belgium
                                                                      Micknail Portugal Norway Germany
                                                                      RD3 Finland Greece UK
                                                                      Dice75 Switzerland Sweden Moldova
                                                                      and game 1 reposted just to have it on the current page.
                                                                      Emmet Switzerland Bulgaria UK
                                                                      Oleras Portugal Serbia Albania
                                                                      Dead Parrot San Marino Azerbaijan Spain
                                                                      Solskjaer Ukraine Sweden Belgium
                                                                      Balfejohn Malta Norway Moldova
                                                                      ionapaul Iceland Russia Netherlands
                                                                      Strewelpeter Finland Cyprus Israel
                                                                      Lao Lao Lithuania Greece Germany
                                                                      Be interesting to see if Israel is a golden ticket for SP & GAB, hard to see how they can score many points from the tele votes after the countries bad press of the last week.

Comment

I can pay in crypto
                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                          Had a reaction to that vaccine. Fever, aches and pains, headache bursting my head ffs.
                                                                          Wouldnt worry too much yet. By all accounts it's pretty standard to have "symptoms" a couple of days after getting the vaccine. Be grand.

Comment

1. Hitch
                                                                            2. Benny Hi-Fi
                                                                            3. KK82
                                                                            4. premierstone
                                                                            5. Dice75
                                                                            6. Gimmebreak
                                                                            7. (Dead Parrot)
                                                                            8. (Strewelpeter)

I just cba with the site tbh. I did consider entering but part of the fun is shit posting while it's on for the craic. I've now been trying to post this message since my last post so see how long that takes. That's pretty much why I dont really bother with this place any more. New site is an absolute load of shite.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1694348&d=1621709509&type=thumb For those who saw the Will Ferrell movie. Finland did anyway
                                                                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

... Crap, am I too late to join any Eurovision?...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                  ... Crap, am I too late to join any Eurovision?...
                                                                                  ... Answer looks to be yes, boooo...

Comment

Israel "set me free" title is a bit .....

hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      DP is definitely Mr Eurovision.

I merely aspire to his grandeur.
                                                                                      ​​​​​
                                                                                      I'm just carrying the flame for rigger, Lordi rest him
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Serbia douze points

Comment

Serbia douze points
                                                                                          X 3

Comment

Blow it up and give Iceland the winners trophy.

Job done.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post

Renovating a house myself at the moment and upgrading the heating system.
                                                                                              Any particular reason you'd go with Hive over other options like Nest etc? Anyone else any experience with or opinion on them?
                                                                                              Just easy integration overall, the hub helps as well.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Serbia douze points
                                                                                                Rubber lipped wans aren't eurovision.
                                                                                                Silver mermaid outfits and wee slips of young wans aren't eurovision.
                                                                                                Spanish George Michael? Now you are talking

Comment

Liked Cyprus 'lost my heart to El Diablo', still humming it 10 songs later, but probably little chance from Stall 1.

Comment

This is why we are here lads.
                                                                                                    Keep your sexy young wans.

A dancing German hand inadvertently giving the finger to Europe is what it's all about

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      This is why we are here lads.
                                                                                                      Keep your sexy young wans.

A dancing German hand inadvertently giving the finger to Europe is what it's all about

Comment

You expect Ricky to be funnier.
                                                                                                        An anthropomorphic hand flipping everyone off deserves better.
                                                                                                        At least insinuate a seig heil or something.

Comment

Fuck yeah the motherfucking Roop!

Comment

That fat bloke giving it socks is my spirit animal

Comment

Eastern European trinity will kill us all.
                                                                                                              And I'm OK with that.
                                                                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 22-05-21, 20:38.

Comment

The bookies must have a share in that Italian shite
                                                                                                                how r they favs

Comment

What’s the bet in the EV. Not watching this shite without a sweat
                                                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                    What’s the bet in the EV. Not watching this shite without a sweat
                                                                                                                    Family jewels on Lithuania to top the UK televote

Comment

Germany ftw
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Reckon Germany & UK (UK seem to have given up trying) are the golden tickets in the sweep. Though a lot depends on the whether the second song is also a low scorer.

Hmmm, total disagreement with Hitch - I have the Germans last/second last.

Comment

Family jewels on Lithuania to top the UK televote
                                                                                                                          Wouldn't bet the farm on that one.
                                                                                                                          Malta would be mine
                                                                                                                          Big girl, song about empowerment, tiktok dance potential and most importantly, eurovision horn hook.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X