• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was he able to speak to anyone in WH?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I don't think any solicitor would touch it with a bargepole.
      Ah yeah it’s not much money but didn’t think that could happen.
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Was he able to speak to anyone in WH?
        Only emails. If anyone knew someone potentially
        that would help. Told him to DM some heads on Twitter to see.
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          Cracking game between Bayern and PSG. This is the final we had been promised last year.
          Have pretty much given up watching soccer since covid shut it down. I just realised I didn't actually like it that much. Cant remember the last time I watched a full game apart from last years CL final but this is an absolute cracker. Woeful defending but making for a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

This lads solicitor got a nice payday

Maybe I should have said reputable solicitor. Pretty sure the non laws around betting could at best get you your original deposit back.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

No bizarrely. My mate has been punting a long time (known him since we were nippers) and not dodgy whatsoever and has been limited by a few but never anything like this.
              They would have provided an explanation to him or to IBAS regarding the reason for the closure. If they're witholding or confiscating funds, they need to provide a reason.

In terms of other options, there'll be an appropriate regulatory body to contact depending on where he's based. (It's not IBAS). For UK it's the UKGC, for Ireland it'll be wherever WH hold their .EU license

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

They would have provided an explanation to him or to IBAS regarding the reason for the closure. If they're witholding or confiscating funds, they need to provide a reason.

In terms of other options, there'll be an appropriate regulatory body to contact depending on where he's based. (It's not IBAS). For UK it's the UKGC, for Ireland it'll be wherever WH hold their .EU license
                Cheers

Comment

Funnily enough it happened to me 15 years ago with Ladbrokes. They were stalling letting me withdraw from my account (needed it to buy an engagement ring) sent them all the Id docs about 4 or 5 times. Ended up going into a shop and screaming and shouting what crooks they were and wouldn’t leave without my money. Got the loot, got the ring and the rest is history.

Comment

Not going through a broker though that may change when we inevitably have to reapply in 6 months.

I imagine it's down to what you've said about not wanting to make mistakes. We're both working full time and have a very healthy deposit relative to what we're looking to borrow so would have thought we were pretty low risk.
                    My impression is a good broker gets down and dirty and tells lenders to cop on and makes your case for you - so provides a balance to the bank risk geeks. That might be a complete fabrication though.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Wasn't there a case in NI of a girl who just happened to bink a mil or so on a Yankee with 365? how did that one go?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Wasn't there a case in NI of a girl who just happened to bink a mil or so on a Yankee with 365? how did that one go?
                        Think "she" got the money

Comment

Westie @ 40s
                          Bubba @ 75s
                          Sergio @ 50s
                          Leish @ 100s
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Im , Thomas, English, Harman and Hovland for me

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

My impression is a good broker gets down and dirty and tells lenders to cop on and makes your case for you - so provides a balance to the bank risk geeks. That might be a complete fabrication though.
                              Completely untrue
                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Powerful Aggie 4.00 Gowran Park

Comment

SPeith, Berger for me and some final day value hunting should a bottler be on top . Some FRL bets too, basically punts for the fun of it.

PP doing 1/5 of the odds top 10 means that at 500 to 1 Bernhard Langer is not the worst bet in the world for a fiver. Cameron Champ is 200 to 1. Not in great form but that’s a tasty price too

Comment

Those Muons could really be a factor in how the ball behaves in Augusta this week.
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

Completely untrue
                                      What makes you think that? I've no idea what they actually do.

Comment

Zach Johnson at 225/1. Patriotic duty bet on Lowry at 125/1. My first ever golf bets so I'm expecting both to either be out of contention by tonight or win the bloody thing.

Comment

watched "the last breath" last night. documentary about a saturation dive in the north sea that goes wrong. fascinating and terrifying at the same time. really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

No bizarrely. My mate has been punting a long time (known him since we were nippers) and not dodgy whatsoever and has been limited by a few but never anything like this.
                                            Any chance he had an account with them previously?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Any chance he had an account with them previously?
                                              That was my thinking. They must have given some reason for this action.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                Those Muons could really be a factor in how the ball behaves in Augusta this week.
                                                Had to google that.

Muons, eh.

Comment

What makes you think that? I've no idea what they actually do.
                                                  I have a friend who's a broker, says he's essentially a document collector and storyteller.they try to show you in the best light possible, he tells a story of hard working, frugal clients, up to the lenders to decide whether they want to believe it or not. Him saying "ah come on lads, they are good for it, that was only a few bets around Cheltenham" means nothing if they don't pass the required stress tests and criteria which differ depending on institution. He just knows which are more cautious and what they look for.
                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

There is no way that betting site shut them down over nothing, basically your mate is not telling you something such as him being limited there before or something. People will swear to anything they've done nothing wrong, they nearly always have.

Seems like a shit settlement for them, when the betting site probably really don't want their T&C's tested in court? Dunno anything about it though. Nice for the solicitor though.

Comment

@sp, here's the Celtico carpaccio - would pay a lot in a restaurant for this:

20210408_134314.jpg

Comment

In the golf, when arranging tee times and pairings, I assume this is not a random process in the first two rounds and is pretty much done based on player profile? i.e. they will stick three high profile players in a group at a time that gets max TV coverage?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          In the golf, when arranging tee times and pairings, I assume this is not a random process in the first two rounds and is pretty much done based on player profile? i.e. they will stick three high profile players in a group at a time that gets max TV coverage?
                                                          Yes, definitely. Selected by a combination of the TV companies and the local organisers to come up with interesting pairings and a steady flow of the high-profile contenders throughout the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

I have a friend who's a broker, says he's essentially a document collector and storyteller.they try to show you in the best light possible, he tells a story of hard working, frugal clients, up to the lenders to decide whether they want to believe it or not. Him saying "ah come on lads, they are good for it, that was only a few bets around Cheltenham" means nothing if they don't pass the required stress tests and criteria which differ depending on institution. He just knows which are more cautious and what they look for.
                                                            But thats what we want. Both Ed and myself in our respective situations probably pass whatever stress tests, Ed just need someone to cut through bullshit about why a €25 transfer to a godson is a valid transfer.

Comment

oh i feel that was an awkward conversation with the big B just there. They asked all the tough questions and I don't know - I definitely rambled a lot.

Comment

Noticed a lot of chat in the 'buying now' thread on boards.ie that people who were bidding on the basis of being told by the banks 'oh, you'll definitely get an exemption' that said exemptions are not actually coming through when attempting to get full mortgage approval on the property they're sale agreed on. This is annoying, as it obviously wastes time for both sides of the transaction but also is driving up prices across the board by facilitating bids that are not backed by $$$.

I'm going to start to add 'am not relying on an exemption to CB lending rules' bullet to my list of reasons why we are a great prospective buyer when selling ourselves to the EA/seller during the bidding process

Comment

Question for the gym peoples...is the stronglifts 5x5 one of the best like the internet tells me ?

Mainly to lose weight but wouldend mind some sexy shoulders...
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

But thats what we want. Both Ed and myself in our respective situations probably pass whatever stress tests, Ed just need someone to cut through bullshit about why a €25 transfer to a godson is a valid transfer.
                                                                    Honestly, I just want this nonsense over so I can buy some new speakers with my euro millions money

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                      Noticed a lot of chat in the 'buying now' thread on boards.ie that people who were bidding on the basis of being told by the banks 'oh, you'll definitely get an exemption' that said exemptions are not actually coming through when attempting to get full mortgage approval on the property they're sale agreed on.
                                                                      The lady who processed our application told us as much. We got the exemption last year and she said it'd be a lot trickier this time round.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        Question for the gym peoples...is the stronglifts 5x5 one of the best like the internet tells me ?

it's a great program. i really like it and did it for a long time. it's short and super efficient. not sure if it's the best for weight loss though, but if you decide to do it add 30 minutes on the rower or cross trainer for some cardio

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

it's a great program. i really like it and did it for a long time. it's short and super efficient. not sure if it's the best for weight loss though, but if you decide to do it add 30 minutes on the rower or cross trainer for some cardio
                                                                          Ill keep up the hour+ walking daily..while I am still vaccine dodging...sooner its in my arm sooner im back working for the man.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

It's not good for weightloss, it's not good for building muscle (in comparison to other programs), what it is good for is taking newish people to weightlifting and making them much stronger much faster. You're more looking for high volume programs for weightloss and maximal muscle gain.

Comment

It's a very good program to start with because it's simple to follow and it gives solid strength gains - your body will build strength and muscle if you follow it properly. I would highly recommend it as a training program for someone who's been inactive because there aren't heavy joint impacts like in running or HIIT. That said talk to someone who is knowledgeable about weights and exercise as they will give you plenty of pointers on form etc. Yoga will also be massively complimentary to weight lifting if you try it. Flexibility and core muscle groups will go through the roof from it. Fantastic for injury prevention and recovery between gym sessions. I can't recommend it enough

Weight loss can be simplified as (calories burned > calories consumed). Technically you can sit on your hole and lose weight by reducing calories but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Anyway your calories burned by activities must exceed your intake to lose weight.

Will you lose weight doing stronglifts? Yes but only if you're running a calorie deficit and you can get loads of online calculators or info on this. The best way to track calories I find is an app such as myfitnesspal but you must be 100% truthful in every single snack or food that's consumed.

Weight loss is approximately 90% diet, 10% exercise and 100% mindset. Good luck to you Oleras.

Comment

oh i feel that was an awkward conversation with the big B just there. They asked all the tough questions and I don't know - I definitely rambled a lot.
                                                                                Isn't that okay though? My understanding of news media interviews with experts is that they spend loads of time asking questions and getting detailed answers and then pick a ridiculously small number of sentences for the piece. You could have spent 80% of the time talking about bananas and it would probably have the same result.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The lady who processed our application told us as much. We got the exemption last year and she said it'd be a lot trickier this time round.
                                                                                    What do you mean by exemption? Being able to buy above 3.5 times? Or is the first time buyer thing an exemption?

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                      Powerful Aggie 4.00 Gowran Park
                                                                                      Came 4th
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

What do you mean by exemption? Being able to buy above 3.5 times? Or is the first time buyer thing an exemption?
                                                                                        There's some leeway on the 3.5x criteria that allows banks to approve up to 4.5 times. Not sure how you qualify for it though

Comment

Great British Menu this week is one of the best I've ever seen. Kim and Ollie 2 of the best chefs I've seen on it. Rooting for Kim, she seems like she would be great fun to work with.

Comment

Par 67. Lolz.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

Came 4th
                                                                                              Needed another 1/2 mile by the looks of it
                                                                                              sorry bout that

Comment

Signed contract for the house yesterday. Paid deposit across to solicitor.

Couldn't have been a less interesting transaction, got a yellow receipt for transfer and that's it. Not even a jokey blank key or key fob. Serious anti climax.

Sale Agreed in September to Sold in April, to hopefully in the fucking house before 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                  Par 67. Lolz.
                                                                                                  Justin Rose thinks so .

Comment

Dr. Martin Tobin the the lead expert in the George Floyd / Derek chauvin case today.
                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Also - you're all welcome. Backed DeChambeau to take him out of contention.

Comment

Go on Shane. Great finish.

Comment

What drugs is this Rose fella on?

Comment

I'd love Rose to say sure it's a par 67 around here in the interview.

Comment

I always thought Ian Woosnam was a very enjoyable name to pronounce. A bit like woozle in Winnie the Pooh.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                I always thought Ian Woosnam was a very enjoyable name to pronounce. A bit like woozle in Winnie the Pooh.
                                                                                                                Met him in the poteen still in Rathcoole years ago. He was so pissed he couldn't even say his own name. Falling against the bar. Must be a difficult name to say when you are drunk and trying to appear sober.

Comment

Agree with the above. It's a good basic program for learning movements and basics of linear progression. But there are better versions of it.(Strong lifts was based on Starting Strength, which included chin-ups, power cleans)
                                                                                                                  It's a strength program, so there are better programs specifically for muscle building or weight loss. But the biggest driver of both of those is diet.

Stronglifts + Cardio is a good option. (alternatively Starting Strength + Cardio)

Alternative, if you wanted more weights rather than adding cardio. Ice Cream Fitness is a good option.
                                                                                                                  Basically Stronglifts + more isolation exercises. Which will help more with muscle building, energy burned an weight loss.
                                                                                                                  The complete Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 workout program by Jason Blaha. ICF 5x5 is one of the best workouts for starting strength training.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    What drugs is this Rose fella on?
                                                                                                                    I was about to BBV Rose around the turn by mentioning that the MASSIVE lucky bounce for eagle would going to gloss over his round. Obviously I didn't post and he birdies 6 of the back 9.

The real question is if Rose would like to share some of those drugs with McIlroy just before the Ryder Cup starts.

Comment

IPB Masters Sweep 2021 Standings Update

Comment

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Prince Phillip browners
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X