This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Do you think you got it from the kids ? Mine are in the same school/creche etc I'd love to know if I had it already though . Early last year I was ill for a few days and I'm rarely sick. The whole house had a bug of some kind .
    It's my best guess.

Had them house bound the whole time bar two short trips to the local playground the last two weekends. Could possibly have been there but I doubt it, was quite careful.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Have my OnePlus 6 up for sale on Adverts if anybody is on the lookout
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

It's my best guess.

Had them house bound the whole time bar two short trips to the local playground the last two weekends. Could possibly have been there but I doubt it, was quite careful.
        Get well soon, I believe day 10 is the worst and you’re good from there. Running again in no time I’m sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Being reported now that they didnt even get their tits done. So it was just a holiday, as we all knew and they tried some shite excuses that have blown up on em.

One of their Mas took time off work to mind the little angles apparently. Yes I spelled that incorrectly on purpose.
          Is it not that the cosmetic surgery was as real as a Tenerife dental appointment and the implication is they were out on a freebie visiting a a certain irish exile who is hiding out there

Probably need Rounders to clear that one up.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Is it not that the cosmetic surgery was as real as a Tenerife dental appointment and the implication is they were out on a freebie visiting a a certain irish exile who is hiding out there

Probably need Rounders to clear that one up.
            probably more likely a insta-sheik hookup than a run for someone. It's garnered far too much attention for the latter
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

probably more likely a insta-sheik hookup than a run for someone. It's garnered far too much attention for the latter
              Could it have been......Sheikh Yerbouti?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTd8JT4EG8MLWvSKSVWNt8sAjkoy2yaO3Q5QQ&usqp=CAU.jpg
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Win the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp and you could purchase all of Frank Zappa's works* on vintage vinyl. Just one day left for entries before the action commences.

*Not just Sheikh Yerbouti but the less critically acclaimed Sheikh Yermanimakkah.

Comment

good gossip

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

I know that they both flew business class.
                    I hear they flew out in seats 30A and 30B and came back in 38D and 38E

Comment

Grim news from city centre
                      Some lad walked into a Tesco on Pearse Street, gave an address, said his family was dead, picked up a wine bottle, smashed it and stabbed himself in the neck.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I hear they flew out in seats 30A and 30B and came back in 38D and 38E
                        Do you get all your material from Twitter?

Comment

“I always said that if they have a golf course like this in heaven, I want to be the head pro.”
                          Gary Player, three-time Masters Champion

"Augusta National Golf Club is Nirvana on Earth." *
                          Hotspur, resident IPB monk

Enter the IPB Masters Sweep 2021 and achieve inner peace.

Already on the path to bliss:
                          Eoghan104
                          Shrapnel
                          Hitch
                          Solskjaer
                          Wombat

* Hotspur quote could be fake.
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Do you get all your material from Twitter?

WhatsApp that 1 . The bad ones are mine.

Comment

Have you got your Liverpool Jersey on tonight Dobby ?

Comment

Have you got your Liverpool Jersey on tonight Dobby ?
                                No. Dont support em.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                  “I always said that if they have a golf course like this in heaven, I want to be the head pro.”
                                  Gary Player, three-time Masters Champion

"Augusta National Golf Club is Nirvana on Earth." *
                                  Hotspur, resident IPB monk

Enter the IPB Masters Sweep 2021 and achieve inner peace.

Already on the path to bliss:
                                  Eoghan104
                                  Shrapnel
                                  Hitch
                                  Solskjaer
                                  Wombat

* Hotspur quote could be fake.
                                  Jordan looks back. But Its wide open. Looking forward to it

After the 150 to 1cin the national to continue a mad year I'll stick something on a 3 figure player.

Comment

Some lad walked into a Tesco on Pearse Street, gave an address, said his family was dead, picked up a wine bottle, smashed it and stabbed himself in the neck.
                                    That's pretty grim. Video of him on Twitter, face down and handcuffed so seems he's alive anyway. Its gonna be a horrible story when it comes out it seems.

Comment

Norma Foley is a strange-looking person. Kinda looks like a retired nun.

Comment

Jordan looks back. But Its wide open. Looking forward to it

After the 150 to 1cin the national to continue a mad year I'll stick something on a 3 figure player.
                                        Bryson, Thomas and Spieth all in good form. Can't see Rory being near challenging and Koepka's self-belief is gas. The lad was on crutches recently post knee surgery and fully believes he's going to do it. Spieth has re-discovered his get out of jail scrambling and god mode putting that defined his dominant period. He's got belief now and that's when he's most dangerous.

Raoul Duke III if you're looking for the best names to bet on, pick the obvious one that's least pronounceable - Christiaan Bezuidenhout

I was reading some of the bios of the players in the runup. Kevin Na has an interesting but ultimately quite sad backstory about an engagement he broke off. The potential in-laws decided to "come after him" in some supposedly important cultural shame avoidance routine. Forget about walking in putts, anxiety ridden preshot setups or hitting 16 on a par 4, this is crazy stuff: https://golf.com/news/inside-kevin-n...save-his-name/

Comment

Mate of mine is a store manager for Tesco, not that store thankfully. From what he's heard, his family isn't dead and when the Guards arrived, they had to taser the lad.

It's a pretty small shop so nowhere to really hide from what was going on, a lot.of the staff pretty shook up.

Sounds like the guy has serious mental health issues, poor fella.

Comment

Seeing the video's coming out of France at some of the vineyards.

It looks kinds cool if it wasn't such a serious situation that their entire season could be over about 6 months before they are due to harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                              Seeing the video's coming out of France at some of the vineyards.

It looks kinds cool if it wasn't such a serious situation that their entire season could be over about 6 months before they are due to harvest.

Whats happening?
                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                Lazare

First week was up and down for me. 100 fever, no taste etc but not too bad. Second week was way tougher, fever upped breathlessness was worse, just stayed under the covers mostly.

Post Covid has not been good...tried a run a few weeks or so after it (I think it was a few weeks after, sense of time is fucked)...bad headache after and struggled with breathing all the way through...did a few walks..headache after. Just not right ...lungs definitely compromised and other weird stuff going on thats hard to describe.
                                                Have been getting up in the mountains for excercise and beginning to feel some improvement. Dont feel confident running yet as dont want to pressure heart too much at this point.

I think long Covid will be viewed with scepticism though.
                                                A lot of people just shrug the virus off and it doesnt bury itself deep into any weakness it can find in lungs, heart, brain, kidneys etc so they say "ah it wasnt even a flu" all proud that they beat it.

Take your time with it on the recovery side and manage your expectations, hopefully you will.shrig it off.

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                I know ~50 people that had it from 23rd December - Jan 5th including my parents, 3 siblings their partners, kids, in laws and a whole host of friends and families. Orwell, Greenhills, Kingswood were all wiped out. When her Dad got his results on the 23 rd we just isolated for Xmas and avoided it. Her Dad is old and overweight and was quite ill for a couple of weeks. Everyone else had similar illness to you Laz for a couple of days including how it started and has recovered fully.

You'll be grand.

kudos to silver tiger for coming straight in with the comforting 'oh your probably not going to die' post after dinekes boldly nails his 'definitely dead, you just haven't got to the dead stage yet' prediction to the mast.

Comment

My BBV-germinated NFT career is rising, ummm, like an NFT, and I just got contacted for an interview by an organisation whose boss frequently runs for US president.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hitchhiker's Guide To...;n1691566]My BBV-germinated NFT career is rising, ummm, like an NFT, and I just got contacted for an interview by an organisation whose boss frequently runs for US president. [/QUOTE

Try and get the term Nifty into the interview as the new friendly "feet up at home" approachable term for the intimidating and stern Non Fungible Token which sounds like it was thought up by a think tank of slightly autistic german scientists.

​​​​​​​Copyright dinekes

Comment

[QUOTE=Hitchhiker's Guide To...;n1691566]My BBV-germinated NFT career is rising, ummm, like an NFT, and I just got contacted for an interview by an organisation whose boss frequently runs for US president. [/QUOTE

Try and get the term Nifty into the interview as the new friendly "feet up at home" approachable term for the literal and utterly humourless Non Fungible Token (which sounds like it was thought up by a think tank of slightly autistic german scientists.)

Copyright dinekes
                                                      Last edited by dinekes; 07-04-21, 08:54. Reason: Prefer this version

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        an organisation whose boss frequently runs for US president.
                                                        Bloomberg

Comment

Last Chance Saloon to enter the IPB Aintree Tipping Comp...

Comment

Don't be this guy.....

Enter the IPB Masters Sweep 2021 and avoid major loser status.

Deadline today @ 5pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Bloomberg
                                                              The very man

Comment

I've had an independent thought today that might somehow exist on Twitter.. who knows Dobby take look for me.

If you get the vaccine and it limits your chances of catching and spreading the virus and everything returns to near normal.
                                                                What happens to the many many conspiracy nuts who refuse to take it ? What kind of trouble lies ahead ?
                                                                Will we ever return to mass Christmas jumpered drunks calling you pal with their arm around your shoulder in a crowded bar on their 1 night a year drinks session. I hated those random idiots but rather miss them now

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                  Don't be this guy.....

Enter the IPB Masters Sweep 2021 and avoid major loser status.

Deadline today @ 5pm.
                                                                  I forgot that. Jaysus . What a miss .

Comment

I've had an independent thought today that might somehow exist on Twitter.. who knows Dobby take look for me.

If you get the vaccine and it limits your chances of catching and spreading the virus and everything returns to near normal.
                                                                    What happens to the many many conspiracy nuts who refuse to take it ? What kind of trouble lies ahead ?
                                                                    Will we ever return to mass Christmas jumpered drunks calling you pal with their arm around your shoulder in a crowded bar on their 1 night a year drinks session. I hated those random idiots but rather miss them now
                                                                    The Israelis, who are now pretty much reopened, have vaccine 'Green Pass' passports on an app. Swipe to get into bars\clubs\restaurants\gyms etc. No swipe, GTFO.

Comment

The very man
                                                                      He's only run once, hence I was confused but figured it couldn't really be anyone else.

Comment

He's only run once, hence I was confused but figured it couldn't really be anyone else.
                                                                        Might have appeared in the news section here. Could do with a bit of variety TBF

Certified Website of Donald J. Trump For President 2024. Text “Trump

Comment

The Israelis, who are now pretty much reopened, have vaccine 'Green Pass' passports on an app. Swipe to get into bars\clubs\restaurants\gyms etc. No swipe, GTFO.
                                                                          Will be a nice case study to throw in the face of the anti-everything crowd who will liken “green pass” to nazi Germany “papers please”

As a group they tend not to do irony very well tho.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Will be a nice case study to throw in the face of the anti-everything crowd who will liken “green pass” to nazi Germany “papers please”

They're definitely not the only place doing it but they are furthest down the path. As you would expect, Blue US states are most willing to contemplate it and Red ones see it as the work of the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

I've had some friends say that already. I mentioned it will be good to show proof of vaccine when going to the pub or whatever and they said it would be like Nazis asking for papers. If it helps things go back to normal asap, I'm all for it.

Will just have to wave at them outside while I'm enjoying a pint inside.

Comment

You too could own a green blazer like these guys:
                                                                                Solskjaer
                                                                                Shrapnel
                                                                                Eoghan104
                                                                                Hitch
                                                                                TheChamp87
                                                                                LuckforSome
                                                                                Struwwelpeter 1
                                                                                Struwwelpeter 2
                                                                                Coillcam
                                                                                Wombatman

Enter the IPB Masters Sweep 2021. Your gateway to sartorial elegance.

Deadline today @ 5pm. Act now!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                  The ol' bank has really changed its tune. Reapplying for mortgage approval as the previous one expired and they're asking about a 25 euro standing order that my other half set up for a savings account for her godson. Last year they asked us nothing and pretty much insta-approved
                                                                                  Still going on nearly a month later. Asked for more recent payslips and spotted that I got a salary increase in March. Asked for a new salary cert from work. Also asking about the 2k Euromillions win

Comment

My BBV-germinated NFT career is rising, ummm, like an NFT, and I just got contacted for an interview by an organisation whose boss frequently runs for US president.
                                                                                    Collect, play and win officially licensed digital cards featuring the world's best global football, NBA and MLB players.

just be sure to include the proper footnote

Comment

work betting pool for masters, choose two from each tier. Who do I go for?
                                                                                      Attached Files
                                                                                      Last edited by Trippie; 07-04-21, 15:24.

Comment

"Oh WOW! In your LIFE have you ever seen anything like that?!"

Deadline extended to 8pm. Selections will be published then

Enter the IPB Masters Sweep 2021 to guarantee an unforgettable Masters weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Still going on nearly a month later. Asked for more recent payslips and spotted that I got a salary increase in March. Asked for a new salary cert from work. Also asking about the 2k Euromillions win
                                                                                          Oh ffs. I've got so many holes in my accounts. Are you using a broker? It seems like they are trying to shut you down, which is bizarre as banks are generally super flush with cash to the point they should be shouting it from the roof.

Comment

Actually the broker was saying that he thinks the problem is that all the mortgage lenders are working from home and, due to being isolated, are scared of making mistakes.

Comment

Not going through a broker though that may change when we inevitably have to reapply in 6 months.

I imagine it's down to what you've said about not wanting to make mistakes. We're both working full time and have a very healthy deposit relative to what we're looking to borrow so would have thought we were pretty low risk.

Comment

Last, last chances for the Aintree Tipping Comp.

I suspect Elbows broke many hearts at Cheltenham as the pot is currently a mere €600...

Comment

This is a properly sleazy political tale. Could possibly only happen in the open-air asylum that is Florida.

Comment

IPB 2021 Masters Sweep Runners and Riders posted.

Best of luck all. Enjoy the golf. Come on Shane Lowry.

Comment

A mate of mine opened an account with William Hill. Won a couple of bets for just over a grand. Sent them his ID docs and they closed his account before he could withdraw the money. Plenty of back and forth but they won’t give him the loot. He contacted Ibas who DGAF. Any other way to get it resolved bar solicitors letter.
                                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Cracking game between Bayern and PSG. This is the final we had been promised last year.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          Cracking game between Bayern and PSG. This is the final we had been promised last year.
                                                                                                          The snow hopefully turning the pitch into a skating rink for the second half too.

Vill ze French crumble beneath zis relentless blitzkrieg?

Comment

This is a properly sleazy political tale. Could possibly only happen in the open-air asylum that is Florida.
                                                                                                            Also from Florida:

Comment

I had a right of passage today, something which nearly every bike owner in the city goes through. Had the bike stolen.

I wasn't such a Keane cyclist. Just used it occasionally to get to work. Does anyone use Dublin bikes? They always looked particularly heavy and slow. Might just try and get a second-hand* road bike/racer.

*probably also stolen

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                A mate of mine opened an account with William Hill. Won a couple of bets for just over a grand. Sent them his ID docs and they closed his account before he could withdraw the money. Plenty of back and forth but they won’t give him the loot. He contacted Ibas who DGAF. Any other way to get it resolved bar solicitors letter.
                                                                                                                I don't think any solicitor would touch it with a bargepole.
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

He's the heir apparent DC.

Although who the fuck knows what happens over the next three years.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                    There must be more to this than the bare facts above.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      I had a right of passage today, something which nearly every bike owner in the city goes through. Had the bike stolen.

I wasn't such a Keane cyclist. Just used it occasionally to get to work. Does anyone use Dublin bikes? They always looked particularly heavy and slow. Might just try and get a second-hand* road bike/racer.

*probably also stolen
                                                                                                                      I'd use them about once a month back in the normal times. Like riding a tank compared to a regular bike but they do for short trips.

Comment

There must be more to this than the bare facts above.
                                                                                                                        No bizarrely. My mate has been punting a long time (known him since we were nippers) and not dodgy whatsoever and has been limited by a few but never anything like this.
                                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I don't think any solicitor would touch it with a bargepole.
                                                                                                                          This lads solicitor got a nice payday

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X