This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I’ve heard people talk about the tax issues as it was the main thing that stopped a friend of mine travelling during the pandemic.

I’m interested how US firms based here approach it. They must see the benefit of having people not leave offices at 5/6 local time to commute an hour and instead use at least a proportion of that time to communicate with those in the US.
    From that perspective, I could pretty much decide to WFH as much as I wanted pre-pandemic anyway. Although I'm probably not the best example as all my team are based in other locations.

I think generally it depends on your function. Tech people get far more leeway than business.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
      Who's the shout in the Welsh?
      I told yiz on the 26th

Sorry only seeing this now, wouldn't have made much with my selections today. But for tomorrow my e.w lucky 15 would be Secret Reprieve for the Welsh National, Home by the Lee in the PP in Leopardstown, Cap Du Nord at Kempton and Blazing Khal at Limerick.
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

I'm finding WFH really nice. Have a nice set up at a hair drying desk in a nice bedroom in the house. It's a corner room so two windows which creates a nice comfortable office.

Am working solely on a new product launch, lots of time spent studying, learning all about it.

Being able to take a break and mess about with the kids is amazing. Also just nipping out for a run on the lunchbreak.

Employer giving me all the time and space I need really helps.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

I presume above figures have taken into account increased electricity usage as mining obv uses a fair bit.
          Have you checked your leccy bills to reconcile?

How much of your processing power do they access or fo you just restrict them to times when you wont be using computer?

# was reading a bit about the co founder Matjaz Skorjanc
          Did 4 years for a malware program he developed called botnet. Scanned for passwords, bank deets etc.
          power consumption isn't much more than when the PC is running as normal. I only turn off the mining when i'm gaming. Profitability so far is about £4-5 per day (after electricity is taken into account). i know i can get better rates if i lower the voltage on the GPU but haven't done that yet. I've got a good 60Mh/s currently. just learning and tweaking as i go along tbh.

I only give access to my GPU as rates for CPU are so much lower and puts the CPU at 80% load so really not worth it.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              I'm finding WFH really nice. Have a nice set up at a hair drying desk in a nice bedroom in the house.

Like I have two daughters and a wife but that still seems ludicrous.

Comment

The “trump has the nuclear codes” headlines are fairly sensationalist no? Implying that’s he’s the last human to press the button

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Like I have two daughters and a wife but that still seems ludicrous.
                  It's just a thin IKEA drawer desk, a mirror and a chair, hardly Kim and Kanye

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    The “trump has the nuclear codes” headlines are fairly sensationalist no? Implying that’s he’s the last human to press the button
                    Yeah, you'd have to imagine it's bollox.

I'm sure a situation like this wasn't overlooked when planning protocol around ending the world.

Comment

I'm sure a situation like this wasn't overlooked when planning protocol around ending the world.

Comment

This story covers it well.

key point:

A senior military official stressed on Friday that troops have been taught to recognize and disobey illegal orders, particularly those at U.S. Strategic Command, which oversees America’s nuclear arsenal. While theoretically Trump could fire any officer who refused to obey an illegal order, he would be hard-pressed to find another who would implement it, the person said.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              If Norma Foley had any cop on she would have issued an order forbidding schools from allowing teachers and special needs children to be in the same building during thi lockdown. 90% chance ASTI would have fought tooth and nail to allow it.
                              Fucking pricks
                              Poacher turned gamekeeper.

Kerry Fianna Fáil TD Norma Foley has called for urgent clarification from the Government and the Department of Education about plans for this year's delayed Leaving Cert exams.

Deputy Foley - a teacher at Presentation Secondary School in Tralee - says she has been 'inundated' with calls from students, parents and teachers who are deeply concerned about how the exams will be run.

The Tralee based TD raised a number of serious concerns about the plans for the exams including how marks for practical exams will be applied and how exams that are typically over two hours long will be conducted under current restrictions that place strict time limits on large gatherings.

Deputy Foley said the ongoing lack of clarity over the exams is placing students under extreme stress and anxiety.

"Leaving Cert students are currently experiencing unnecessarily heightened levels of stress and anxiety due to a lack of preparedness and planning by the Department of Education some eight weeks after schools closed," she said.

Deputy Foley said it is 'inexcusable' that students are being forced to prepare for their exams in an information vacuum.

"There is absolutely no clarity for students as to how exactly the Leaving Cert exams will operate. Amazingly, the only information currently to hand is the July 29 date, nothing more" she claimed.

The Kerry TD has highlighted a myriad of concerns Minister for Education Joe McHugh.

Her concerns include the following issues among many others.

As public health measures advise that no gathering of people can extend beyond two hours does that mean that all subject exams will be for a maximum of 120mins?

If so and if a two hour exam time frame is to be the norm what exactly will be examined in each subject and will all typical exam topics appear on the paper allowing students to select their preferences?

Deputy Foley also asked what plans are in place for students and teachers who may have underlying health conditions and what measures are in place to handle a situation if a student or supervisor takes ill?

If that were to occur she asked if all those in the exam centre be required to be tested and to self-isolate.

Minister McHugh was also asked to concede that it is now "neither fair nor possible" for practical, project and coursework to be examined at this stage and that full marks for these tests should be awarded as was the case for practical elements of the music and Irish and foreign language orals.

"Students deserve equal treatment and consequently full marks should be awarded in subjects with a practical element," said Deputy Foley.

With regard to the results Deputy Foley asked what provision is being made for students who have been awarded places to study abroad from August and who do not have the option to defer?

"Leaving Cert students are currently living in a state of Limbo. In the interest of the health and well-being of all concerned now is the time for full disclosure of plans by the Department of Education. Students, parents and teachers deserve nothing less" concluded Deputy Foley.
                              Kerry Fianna Fáil TD Norma Foley has called for urgent clarification from the Government and the Department of Education about plans for this year's delayed Leaving Cert exams.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'm looking at all the 'named on a map' district areas within 8km of the kids schools (they'll be at two different schools soon after we move into a new place) and trying to narrow it down to get a kickstart on buying somewhere. There's some obvious tradeoffs that the really cool places are far too expensive, and the dodgy places that are affordable are some of those old style planned communities like Cabinteely and Balinteer with one crappy shop and one dodgy Chinese in the whole area.

Would any of these areas be 'surprisingly good'? I mean in the sense of say a Stonybatter which is apparently famously cool now despite still looking a bit like a kip. Maybe there's an area that a lot of people write off but has a lot of vibrancy.

Any of these areas decent up and coming areas that are going to be way better in the future because of 'something'? A new development, transport, or something like that.

Any definitely to avoid?

Just in case any pop straight into your head as you are scanning the list!

Stepaside

Ballyogen

Scholarstown

Glencullen

Foxrock

Kilternan

Cabinteely

Ballybrack

Sandyford

Loughlinstown

Killiney

Cabinteely

Dalkey

Deansgrange

Leopardstown

Dun Laoighaire

Stillorgan

Ballinteer

Dundrum

Mount Merrion

Blackrock

Ballyroan

Willbrook

Templeogue

Perrystown

Churchtown

Windy Arbour

Booterstown

Terenure

Dartry

Milltown

Merrion

Donnybrook

Kimmage

Harold's Cross

Irishtown
                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Dalkey is a bit of a kip now, but it has a lot of potential.

Comment

Decent movie watched earlier today. The acting is particularly good.

MV5BYmE2NDNlMDktOTA5YS00ZmYyLWE1ZjUtN2QzZGIzNzI1MGVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE5NzE3OTE@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Comment

Going to try to end the day on a double-movie success with the fascinating looking Class Action Park.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                          anybody have a paella cooking set up? like a large pan/gas burner combo - searching the net they are easily bought but they are the sort of thing id expect to be able find in some random shop somewhere at half the price?
                                          Was researching this myself last week. Came to the conclusion that, for day to day paella, ie, 3 to 4 servings, a 12" cast iron skillet and a gas hob are perfectly sufficient.

I would love to cook it outdoors for friends at least once though.

Comment

On the movie topic, Nomadland is an elegaic beauty of a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              I'm looking at all the 'named on a map' district areas within 8km of the kids schools (they'll be at two different schools soon after we move into a new place) and trying to narrow it down to get a kickstart on buying somewhere. There's some obvious tradeoffs that the really cool places are far too expensive, and the dodgy places that are affordable are some of those old style planned communities like Cabinteely and Balinteer with one crappy shop and one dodgy Chinese in the whole area.

Would any of these areas be 'surprisingly good'? I mean in the sense of say a Stonybatter which is apparently famously cool now despite still looking a bit like a kip. Maybe there's an area that a lot of people write off but has a lot of vibrancy.

Any of these areas decent up and coming areas that are going to be way better in the future because of 'something'? A new development, transport, or something like that.

Any definitely to avoid?

Just in case any pop straight into your head as you are scanning the list
                                              Dartry is nice and sort of forgotten about. Doesn't seem to pop up a ton on daft.

You don't have Monkstown on your list and it should be.

Depending on where your kids are going to school there's defo some spots that could be knocked off (transport around scholarstown looks like a mess). If they're still near hollypark schoolwise, Harold's cross/kimmage would defo be out for me.

Might rule out ballyogan in general as it seems to be light on "stuff" (will prob end up buying there given how shit things are)

Comment

Going to try to end the day on a double-movie success with the fascinating looking Class Action Park.

wow that was brilliant.

Comment

Breakdancing in Limerick City, Ireland 1984

(well worth the 5min watch even if you're a bit 'meh' about breakdancing)
                                                  Last edited by BennyHiFi; 10-01-21, 01:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Dartry is nice and sort of forgotten about. Doesn't seem to pop up a ton on daft.

Depending on where your kids are going to school there's defo some spots that could be knocked off (transport around scholarstown looks like a mess). If they're still near hollypark schoolwise, Harold's cross/kimmage would defo be out for me.

Might rule out ballyogan in general as it seems to be light on "stuff" (will prob end up buying there given how shit things are)
                                                    I must share the eventual spreadsheets with you in that case. We're getting all the house pricing data tomorrow for all the areas to work out the price trends. Then doing up folders of all the amenities and stuff like that. I suppose its all about having a decent time while there and then selling in a decade for a decent gain. Or at least thats the way I'm approaching it for now.

Was out near Ballyogan today - in Stepaside. Decent park out there (Fernhill Gardens) thats within our 5km! Taxi driver said he used to live around there and Ballyogen is a bit rough. That Bellarmine area looks decent enough if a little bit cookie cutter.

The eldest will be going to the French secondary school in Clonskeagh in 18 months or so, so our eye is on both that and hollypark. That area around hollypark seems impossibly expensive. Maybe also a bit old in terms of residents. I'd imagine it would be nice to live in an area where everyone is around the same age.

Comment

Cheers, would appreciate that.

You're spot on about hollypark. As mentioned before, I grew up just around the corner and the age of those houses mean that a lot of the residents are my parents age (parents are still there) and there hasn't been a turnover of young families. Only young families in my old estate are as a result of the parents passing away and their kids moving in.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

power consumption isn't much more than when the PC is running as normal. I only turn off the mining when i'm gaming. Profitability so far is about £4-5 per day (after electricity is taken into account). i know i can get better rates if i lower the voltage on the GPU but haven't done that yet. I've got a good 60Mh/s currently. just learning and tweaking as i go along tbh.

I only give access to my GPU as rates for CPU are so much lower and puts the CPU at 80% load so really not worth it.
                                                        Been playing around with the GPU settings this morning, and managed to drop voltage by over 10% and upped the VRAM frequency. System is perfectly stable, even for heavy gaming and i'm up to 64MH/s, so should increase profitablility nicely.

Comment

Mental place! watched that a couple of months ago and added the book it was based on on my to read list. Haven't gotten around to it yet but apparently the book is a LOT crazier than the documentary.

Comment

I must share the eventual spreadsheets with you in that case. We're getting all the house pricing data tomorrow for all the areas to work out the price trends. Then doing up folders of all the amenities and stuff like that. I suppose its all about having a decent time while there and then selling in a decade for a decent gain. Or at least thats the way I'm approaching it for now.

Was out near Ballyogan today - in Stepaside. Decent park out there (Fernhill Gardens) thats within our 5km! Taxi driver said he used to live around there and Ballyogen is a bit rough. That Bellarmine area looks decent enough if a little bit cookie cutter.

The eldest will be going to the French secondary school in Clonskeagh in 18 months or so, so our eye is on both that and hollypark. That area around hollypark seems impossibly expensive. Maybe also a bit old in terms of residents. I'd imagine it would be nice to live in an area where everyone is around the same age.
                                                            Your eldest is secondary school age already!? No fackin way!

Comment

New free documentary on EVA . A good watch

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Fair ol' difference in budget between Scholarstown (I've lived beside it most of my life and never knew it was an "area"!) and Dartry/Dalkey.

As Ed says transport a big problem in Scholarstown. Need to be closer to the 15 bus if transport is required to CC (runs 24/7 every 10 mins most of the day) so any part of older Knocklyon far better option.

Are you not working in DCU?

Took me about 40 mins to post this, cant be dealing with this site anymore.

Last edited by Dice75; 10-01-21, 11:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Your eldest is secondary school age already!? No fackin way!
                                                                  Its very fucking scary all round! Well there's another 18 months and they start a year earlier in the French secondary system

Comment

yeah theres just something fundamentally broken about the website. is there no chance the offer of funding external help could be taken up?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Fair ol' difference in budget between Scholarstown (I've lived beside it most of my life and never knew it was an "area"!) and Dartry/Dalkey.

As Ed says transport a big problem in Scholarstown. Need to be closer to the 15 bus if transport is required to CC (runs 24/7 every 10 mins most of the day) so any part of older Knocklyon far better option.

Are you not working in DCU?

Took me about 40 mins to post this, cant be dealing with this site anymore.

brill. Knocklyon is a whole new area!

I'm just going to suck it up on dcu on the grounds that I'm unlikely to be in there much. I'd say about 80 commutes a year max even in good non-covidy times.

Comment

Would you advocate for this approach to home ownership in an economics class? This seems up there with the 'my house is my pension' crew.

Maybe also a bit old in terms of residents. I'd imagine it would be nice to live in an area where everyone is around the same age.
                                                                        Every nice settled area in Dublin has this age profile. There is literally one other family with kids on our road of 20 houses.

The simple way you can tell the age profile is the ratio of 'houses with net curtains' on a road.

Comment

Why do old people love net curtains so much? Any insights would be appreciated.

Comment

brill. Knocklyon is a whole new area!

I'm just going to suck it up on dcu on the grounds that I'm unlikely to be in there much. I'd say about 80 commutes a year max even in good non-covidy times.
                                                                            Well if its any consolation the 15 bus goes through town and out past Raoul Duke there so you could hop off in Doneycarney and 20? min walk to work from there. Downside is slow in rushhour id imagine (never had to battle morning traffic thankfully).

Comment

And grey dowdy clothes. I wonder where they all shop now that Boyers is gone.

On the other end of the spectrum, something rounders mentioned. What's with young people wearing shorts outside? The Grand Canal is frozen but they're dressed for a gaa match.

Comment

It's hard to be a curtain twitcher sans the curtains.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Would you advocate for this approach to home ownership in an economics class? This seems up there with the 'my house is my pension' crew.
                                                                                  I don't know what country you think you live in. This ain't your beloved commie mosssskow. Your home is your lifetime biggest asset apart from your pension, why would you not approach it as an investment?

Comment

I don't know what country you think you live in. This ain't your beloved commie mosssskow. Your home is your lifetime biggest asset apart from your pension, why would you not approach it as an investment?
                                                                                    Why would you envisage yourself selling after your eldest finishes school?
                                                                                    Is the goal to move out of Dublin or move elsewhere in Dublin?

We're currently saving for our next place in 3-4 years with the goal of keeping our current house as a rental.

Comment

We're currently saving for our next place in 3-4 years with the goal of keeping our current house as a rental.
                                                                                      Want to move up to one of those posh houses in Foxrock in due course, but that's a long way away economically. So need to buy a place that makes decent money by being in the right future area and expanding / renovated.

Comment

Not saying that is a smart idea, it's just *the* idea as of right now.

Comment

Have you analysed the cost/benefit of a house as your primary investment vehicle rather than a diversified investment portfolio? Or if you want to invest in property, just buy shares in a REIT FFS. All the return, far less of the risk, none of the hassle.

I must say I'm a bit shocked to see otherwise smart people spouting stuff that could be copied and pasted straight from 2006. Need V to wield the sword of righteousness here and get your heads screwed on straight!

Comment

Username change request to Papa.

Herselves doing well, home today at midday. Good start to 21.

Comment

Have you analysed the cost/benefit of a house as your primary investment vehicle rather than a diversified investment portfolio? Or if you want to invest in property, just buy shares in a REIT FFS. All the return, far less of the risk, none of the hassle.

I must say I'm a bit shocked to see otherwise smart people spouting stuff that could be copied and pasted straight from 2006. Need V to wield the sword of righteousness here and get your heads screwed on straight!
                                                                                              I have done a little but I haven't looked at it too extensively yet because we're still quite far away. Our situation might change so who knows.

If we were to rent it now, we'd be looking at something in the neighbourhood of 10% Gross Yield at Y3 of the mortgage which seems pretty solid in light of mortgage relief and low upkeep.

Also, there's also some additional advantages to keeping the property long term.
                                                                                              I wont get into it but it's nothing related to potential appreciation or anything else speculative but I'd be close to 100% sure that you'd agree with keeping it long term.

Comment

Best investment areas Ireland with regards to tax?

Take into account I've recently spent time in Engerland so was a bit shocked to see how much some investments get taxed in Ireland in comparison
                                                                                                Ta
                                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 10-01-21, 15:56.

Comment

I have done a little but I haven't looked at it too extensively yet because we're still quite far away. Our situation might change so who knows.

If we were to rent it now, we'd be looking at something in the neighbourhood of 10% Gross Yield at Y3 of the mortgage which seems pretty solid in light of mortgage relief and low upkeep.

Also, there's also some additional advantages to keeping the property long term.
                                                                                                  I wont get into it but it's nothing related to potential appreciation or anything else speculative but I'd be close to 100% sure that you'd agree with keeping it long term.
                                                                                                  I'd be interested in seeing your calculations. Including assumptions around occupancy ratio, maintenance costs and, of course, tax efficiency. And a comparison to same for just investing it in an ETF (you're obviously smart enough to be maxing out your pension so we won't even go there).

Personally I think an individual property is one of the dumbest forms of investment decision you can possibly make. It's not like we don't have a rather large recent body of evidence in support of this.

Comment

Turns out the USA doesn't take too kindly to not having your greencard with you when you try to fly back. It's taken three days but they've finally signed off on me being allowed to fly. Thorough interview when I get there though.

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing your calculations. Including assumptions around occupancy ratio, maintenance costs and, of course, tax efficiency. And a comparison to same for just investing it in an ETF (you're obviously smart enough to be maxing out your pension so we won't even go there).

Personally I think an individual property is one of the dumbest forms of investment decision you can possibly make. It's not like we don't have a rather large recent body of evidence in support of this.
                                                                                                      Buy three and become a slumlord ?

Comment

All this property talk made me check former darling of some on here ThePropertypin - holy shot it’s just turned into a Qanon dumping ground

Comment

I had an offer accepted and finalise the sale on a house in Dallas next week. The difference in property prices,taxes and such astounds me, both between Ireland and Texas and the different areas around here. Sold a house there in 2015 which was an astonishing property but the estimated price hike now is more than I'm spending on new house.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Best investment areas Ireland with regards to tax?

Take into account I've recently spent time in Engerland so was a bit shocked to see how much some investments get taxed in Ireland in comparison
                                                                                                            Ta
                                                                                                            This is definitely a V question (although he will probably charge you €500 p/h to answer it ).

Look, as a PAYE worker, the most tax-efficient thing you can do is max out your pension contributions. If you're between 40-50 that's 25% of your income up to 115k. If you're 30-40, that's 20% up to the same ceiling. The government is essentially incentivising you by 40% to do this, it would be stupid not to.

Beyond that, if you have a big pile of money and you want to invest it, I'm not going to give you any more imaginative answer than 'stick it in an ETF of your choosing'. You can't beat the market long-term, you are not an investment professional, you have less expertise and information than any professional - so don't even try. Give them your money, it will be invested efficiently and in a diversified manner.

Don't go lumping it all into Tesla. Or Bitcoin. Or an apartment. Or gold.

Boring advice I know on this forum!

Comment

I find it bizarre that you can read all those smart-sounding books and still have such glaring mental flaws.

Irish property did indeed have one of the worlds worst property corrections in history - and has now recovered all those losses. That tells you precisely how resiliant the asset class is.

The fundamental issue here from an investment perspective:

- Ireland should remain a very rich country due to network effects that are very hard to break
                                                                                                              - There are going to be millions more people living here over the next few decades, all well paid
                                                                                                              - You can get a return on a much larger asset base than you can in other investments due to leverage being built in

Demographics and wealth are the two core determinants of property value.

On the other hand, your diversified portfolio is excessively reliant on a declining investment story - I'd say that maybe 90% of your portfolio is in developed countries and so is going to miss the whole rise of asia and Africa over the next few decades.

The idea of a diversified portfolio is used as a handy rule of thumb because it tells the common person how to make broadly correct decisions. You're reciting the story that finance profs came up with in the 1960s and then marketed in A Random Walk Down Wall Street. Its the core of all Finance 101 courses. And indeed it is fundamentally correct. But its not wrong to take on more risk for higher return through lack of diversification providing you feel you know the risk you are taking on and can manage it.

Comment

The only way you can really make wealth is by taking some sort of 'extraordinary' risk that you feel you have an edge on managing.

Comment

Exciting times emmet! congrats to the whole family, everyone must be delighted!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                    All this property talk made me check former darling of some on here ThePropertypin - holy shot it’s just turned into a Qanon dumping ground
                                                                                                                    Sounds about right considering it has always been a breeding ground for that type

Comment

- There are going to be millions more people living here over the next few decades, all well paid
                                                                                                                      This will happen but it is something we have to plan for and manage, none of the political parties are really dealing with future growth and the quality of governance we are likely to see into the future is not very encouraging. Anyone listening to Mary Lou's interview today would be rightly terrified by it.
                                                                                                                      Nice Freudian slip when she agreed with the proposition that any party member who denounced the actions of the IRA was likely to have party thugs call around to their house to sort out their thinking

Comment

Speaking of investing, something very strange will be occurring over the next few years I feel.

You have the common Joe with unprecedented and cheap access to the markets in the US and Canada (Ireland still miles behind in this regard it seems) with things like RobinHood, Schwabs fractional share product, Questrade/E Trade etc.

You have an uptick in this investment choice since Covid since there is nothing else to do (Sports were all cancelled and this was an outlet).

Then you have a crash in March 2020 and then an incredible rally, still going.

Putting your money in any random stock since then has seen massive returns.

Then you have Bitcoin and the money made off that.

All this boils down to a demographic of people that have taken their first shot at investing and will feel invincible, a demographic with no reason to feel that way but ignorance.

I wonder how that’ll all play out in the long term. But surely something there is exploitable.
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The only way you can really make wealth is by taking some sort of 'extraordinary' risk that you feel you have an edge on managing.
                                                                                                                          You mean 'the kind of wealth that (a) means you never even have to think about work again and (b) is so large that it is truly intra-generational i.e. will outlive you'?

If yes, I'd agree with that. Hardly anyone who works for a living will ever make that kind of scratch, unless you're lucky enough to be one of the first employees at the Google\Facebook\Twitter of the future.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X