X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    fact check https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.wusa...7-e294d7c00b73

Sad to see people falling for the clearly fake Trump commemorative coin story, being reported by major news outlets and viral on social media clearly trying to make out the actual whitehouse is flogging them when it’s a completely unrelated company
    I didn't suggest that it has anything to to with the government or even the Trumps. Still think it's pretty funny that a long established private company reckons it can profit from selling such tat. Good luck to them if they can.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The Prezelection betting is back up and much as we were before the craziness of the weekend

Biden 4/7-ish, Trump 6/4-ish

Polling is massively favouring Biden, two separate A-rated polls giving him a 14 point national lead
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Seem to be some movement in th missing Icelandic lad from the Regency....

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-39588424.html
            STATEMENT:

Early morning yesterday the Independent published a very detailed and disturbing article about Jon's disappearance.
            In the article, the reporter claims that Jon’s family was made aware of the information, detailed in the article, by an informant. This is utterly untrue as no such information has been received by the family nor have we received any leads from an imprisoned informant.

Furthermore, our contacts at Garda and the Icelandic police have confirmed to members of the family that they haven’t received any information as described in the article nor did they communicate any such information to the reporter, Ali Bracken, or the Independent. So the story is at best based on information from an unreliable source or, at worst, completely made up.

Needless to say, the publishing of the story in the Independent and subsequently in Icelandic media has caused Jon’s family unnecessary harm. The reporter, Ali Bracken, has shown grave negligence by writing an unsubstantiated story in such a delicate case and shown complete disrespect and disregard to Jon’s family by publishing it. So has the Icelandic media that ran the story.

The family is planning on submitting a formal complaint to Ireland's National Union of Journalists for Ali Bracken's and her editor's at the
            Independent.ie
            breach of articles 3 and 6 of the NUJ’s Code of Conduct. We are also looking into further legal action against the Independent.
            We are further planning to submit a formal complaint to the Icelandic Journalist’s Association regarding the Icelandic journalists and their editors (
            Vísir.is
            DV.is
            mbl.is
            RÚV
            Stöð 2
            ) who published stories based on the Independent story without taking into consideration article 3 of the code of conduct by which they should abide to.

Respectfully on behalf of Jon's family,
            Thorunn Jonsdottir

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Its just mad the odds, I don't get it.
                Maybe all the smart, ballsy types are backing Trump at 6/4. Maybe.

Comment

What I actually wouldn't mind seeing is the detail of who he (via personal guarantees, let's not forget) owes the $421m....

Over to the New York Times once the news cycle calms down a bit. The old one two.

Comment

If he is able campaign from now through to Now 3 he will be reelected
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        If he is able campaign from now through to Now 3 he will be reelected
                        We should have a cheese vs sausage bet on this

My Sheridans hamper vs your salami?

Comment

Thought these burgers, available from Tesco, are pretty great.

YtlxEd7m.jpg
                          The Linda McCartney ones are very good FYI

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

STATEMENT:

Early morning yesterday the Independent published a very detailed and disturbing article about Jon's disappearance.
                            In the article, the reporter claims that Jon’s family was made aware of the information, detailed in the article, by an informant. This is utterly untrue as no such information has been received by the family nor have we received any leads from an imprisoned informant.

Furthermore, our contacts at Garda and the Icelandic police have confirmed to members of the family that they haven’t received any information as described in the article nor did they communicate any such information to the reporter, Ali Bracken, or the Independent. So the story is at best based on information from an unreliable source or, at worst, completely made up.

Needless to say, the publishing of the story in the Independent and subsequently in Icelandic media has caused Jon’s family unnecessary harm. The reporter, Ali Bracken, has shown grave negligence by writing an unsubstantiated story in such a delicate case and shown complete disrespect and disregard to Jon’s family by publishing it. So has the Icelandic media that ran the story.

The family is planning on submitting a formal complaint to Ireland's National Union of Journalists for Ali Bracken's and her editor's at the
                            Independent.ie
                            breach of articles 3 and 6 of the NUJ’s Code of Conduct. We are also looking into further legal action against the Independent.
                            We are further planning to submit a formal complaint to the Icelandic Journalist’s Association regarding the Icelandic journalists and their editors (
                            Vísir.is
                            DV.is
                            mbl.is
                            RÚV
                            Stöð 2
                            ) who published stories based on the Independent story without taking into consideration article 3 of the code of conduct by which they should abide to.

Thorunn Jonsdottir
                            It did read like a gutter Paul Williams story. Best of luck to the family.

Comment

Its just mad the odds, I don't get it.
                              Greatest comeback of all time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

We should have a cheese vs sausage bet on this

My Sheridans hamper vs your salami?
                                  Oh jaysus no not on this, I'm completely not betting on it but I'm certain I'll find a way of losing some Salami to you.

That reminds me the goats cheese in that hamper last year was Ryfield Five mile town log not St Tola as you thought. Its fantastic stuff, have to hide it from potential No2 Son in law who has been living here since lockdown miserable git will eat every bit of good cheese I bring into the house before I get to look at it if he gets a chance!

Comment

https://metro.co.uk/video/trump-seen.../?ito=vjs-link

Really struggling at the start. Sucking in breath through the mouth. Gets it under control before the salute.

Actually looking at in again at 1.22 you can see his cheek bulge out like hes suppressing a cough.

Last edited by dinekes; 06-10-20, 12:29.

Comment

Raoul, and everyone else similarly faint of heart at heights, might appreciate this video. Oh dear lordy.

Some understatement
                                      "Quite a long way up. Wouldnt want to fall off it."

Love the accent of the foreman "3 or 4 different units on this jaab'

Comment

Oh jaysus no not on this, I'm completely not betting on it but I'm certain I'll find a way of losing some Salami to you.

That reminds me the goats cheese in that hamper last year was Ryfield Five mile town log not St Tola as you thought. Its fantastic stuff, have to hide it from potential No2 Son in law who has been living here since lockdown miserable git will eat every bit of good cheese I bring into the house before I get to look at it if he gets a chance!
                                        Jesus, that's a coincidence. Just ate some Ryfield with my lunch.

Comment

hey - is there a place online that you can buy cracked logins for subscription websites?
                                          seems a bit of an oxymoron
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Could you imagine being Strewel's potential son in law, meeting him for the first time, as he is mid way through one of his old man rants at cloud outbursts

SPOILER
                                            I'm obvs only joking Tony - You know I love ya really!!!

Comment

Goat's cheese is a 'Tuesday' lunch for the Duke.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Had chopstix noodle bar and a bag a minstrels meself.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Could you imagine being Strewel's potential son in law, meeting him for the first time, as he is mid way through one of his old man rants at cloud outbursts
                                                  You have no idea... The line I'm using ostensibly for comedy value but its frighteningly real is that he was sent by the ghost of my late father in law to wreak vengeance on me for all the distress I caused him over the years, which to be fair was a considerable amount

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    Goat's cheese is a 'Tuesday' lunch for the Duke.
                                                    it's the leftover weekend cheese tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                      Had chopstix noodle bar and a bag a minstrels meself.

Just polished off a chicken and chorizo burrito myself - may need a lie down in the afternoon.

Comment

Comment

Am I reading that correctly, in that that's just over 14% of those tested positive?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Am I reading that correctly, in that that's just over 14% of those tested positive?
                                                            Ulster seems to Say Yes

Comment

Comment

fuck.

there's no chance of keeping the figures reasonable in the republic with those numbers happening up north. Must be way more cases not known about also.
                                                                Seems really high though maybe it's another UK 'computer' glitch. I mean they're closing down parts of New York (including schools) because they're getting above 3% positives in some areas.

Comment

fuck.

there's no chance of keeping the figures reasonable in the republic with those numbers happening up north. Must be way more cases not known about also.
                                                                  the WHO came out with a rather surprising number yesterday, saying that they estimated 10% of the world's population has had coronavirus already.

That would be >20 times the official stats. Which might be rather comforting in a strange way, or at least that's how I read it. Most people just shrug it off.

Comment

Here's the story

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Seems really high though maybe it's another UK 'computer' glitch. I mean they're closing down parts of New York (including schools) because they're getting above 3% positives in some areas.
                                                                      I think they've had large positivity rates up there for a few days. I'm sure I saw a 6% lately and possibly another around 12/14% as well

Comment

Anyone here manage to get the flu vaccine yet? Phoned my GP yesterday, and they didn't think they'd have any 'till next week. No panic about it, but just wondering if there's general short supply.

Comment

the WHO came out with a rather surprising number yesterday, saying that they estimated 10% of the world's population has had coronavirus already.

That would be >20 times the official stats. Which might be rather comforting in a strange way, or at least that's how I read it. Most people just shrug it off.
                                                                          Haven’t we known this from the start? Isn’t the problem about protecting those who do catch it and have to be hospitalised? People continue to lose sight of the fact that In Italy (for example) they had to make decisions as to who to give ICU to and who to let die. Whilst the general population shouldn’t fear death by covid the whole world needs to protect their hospitals capacity. This is the bottom line and why we can’t have nice things for the moment . It keeps getting ignored by people saying it’s just a flu , I’m not wearing a mask, it’s just mild etc. WE KNOW.
                                                                          If there is no vaccine in the next 6 months we might be left with the decisions that are unthinkable. This is why Trump is LETHAL to those vulnerable folks out there and why he is directly responsible for past, present and future deaths. When people rejoice in his comeback like he is John Rambo they need to look themselves in the mirror and ask WTF .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                            One of the most underrated guitarists of all time.
                                                                            pity how the Alzheimers hit him . So fecking smooth . It's like an extra limb . His genius is subtle in this clip .

this is the one that springs to mind for me. Glen Campbell was a hell of a guitar player

Comment

I've always loved Ozil - here he is fighting the good fight.

Comment

The funny thing about Trump's behaviour over the last few days is it's only going to appeal to people who were already dead set on voting for him. You need to be a very special type of person to think that recovering quickly from a serious virus makes you more electable, and nobody would have thought any less of him if he had spent an appropriate amount of time recovering. But now if he ends up back in the hospital it's going to make him look even more ridiculous. So the whole thing is high-risk, low-reward.

Comment

it reminds me of this great story from Reddit: TIFU by enraging the parents of my girlfriend by pretending not to know what a potato is.

Comment

Mind you the stats dont tell you how many people had Covid and are now left with compromised health to varying degrees
                                                                                    Eoghan104 and his mate the runner for example with compromised lung power. And theres that young lad on the news the other day who nearly died from it and is now in a long slow recovery period.
                                                                                    There seems to be a myriad of ways it can screw you up without actually doing you in completely.
                                                                                    As time goes on I guess we will find out more about the long term non fatal effects.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Mind you the stats dont tell you how many people had Covid and are now left with compromised health to varying degrees
                                                                                      Eoghan104 and his mate the runner for example with compromised lung power. And theres that young lad on the news the other day who nearly died from it and is now in a long slow recovery period.
                                                                                      There seems to be a myriad of ways it can screw you up without actually doing you in completely.
                                                                                      As time goes on I guess we will find out more about the long term non fatal effects.

Exactly. I've had my lung collapse twice before, I'm terrified of getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                        it reminds me of this great story from Reddit: TIFU by enraging the parents of my girlfriend by pretending not to know what a potato is.

https://www.google.com/search?q=redd...hrome&ie=UTF-8
                                                                                        That reads like The Catcher in the Rye but JD Salinger had a brain injury

Comment

I've always loved Ozil - here he is fighting the good fight.
                                                                                          lol that's hilarious
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

did we get an update from 104 about how hes feeling?.exercise wise or anything

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post

From the looks of things 45>104

Comment

Exactly. I've had my lung collapse twice before, I'm terrified of getting it.
                                                                                                Jeez that sounds painful!

I hadnt thought too much about underlying conditions until the GP put me on Ventolin for a bit of a lung wheeze.
                                                                                                Even the fear of getting it can turn into a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post

No, would be interested in hearing how hes getting on too.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      Shawshank

Comment

...

Comment

STATEMENT:

Independent.ie
                                                                                                          Vísir.is
                                                                                                          ,
                                                                                                          DV.is
                                                                                                          ,
                                                                                                          mbl.is
                                                                                                          ,
                                                                                                          RÚV
                                                                                                          ,
                                                                                                          Stöð 2

Thorunn Jonsdottir

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Plenty still doesn't add up though. At least in the reporting of it...
                                                                                                          Ali Bracken just joined the Indo family in September after nine years at the Irish Daily Mail. She's a very experienced journalist but something has gone badly wrong for her here.

Perhaps she should have checked with a real poker player if the story sounded credible or not...

Comment

2016 infringingbon 2020 Eddie Van Halen 65 :'(

Comment

Huge uptick in people I know personally in North reporting as positive. Had an alert on HSE app about a close contact who tested positive.When they rang they said the contact occurred on 25th Sep, wouldnt have been physically possible for it to have happened on that day or the day before/after with where i was
                                                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

I think I may have spotted the problem
                                                                                                                Ali Bracken just joined the Indo family in September after nine years at the Irish Daily Mail. She's a very experienced "journalist" but something has gone badly wrong for her here.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                                  Huge uptick in people I know personally in North reporting as positive. Had an alert on HSE app about a close contact who tested positive.When they rang they said the contact occurred on 25th Sep, wouldnt have been physically possible for it to have happened on that day or the day before/after with where i was
                                                                                                                  Sinn Fein set the example telling them it was ok not to wear masks and to carry on congregating as normal.

Comment

Only a matter of time .

Comment

Diego cracks me up

Comment

Perhaps she should have checked with a real poker player if the story sounded credible or not...
                                                                                                                        .

Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray’s case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward — reversing cause and effect. I call these the “wet streets cause rain” stories. Paper’s full of them.

In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.

Comment

Sinn Fein set the example telling them it was ok not to wear masks and to carry on congregating as normal.
                                                                                                                          Biggest causes of Covid? SF, alcohol, and Trump?
                                                                                                                          Anything else you hate SP?
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 06-10-20, 20:56.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X