X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

4k home game?

Doesn't seem a lot for a criminal to fly over and kill a dude for within 24 hours.
    they're Vikings dude
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

... I know if I accidentally killed someone with an over enthusiastic box round the ear in Iceland I wouldn't have a clue how to successfully cover it up...
      Volcano obviously.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

And most definitely not geysers.
            they're geezers dude, not geysers.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
              For us that never heard of it. What is Among Us? Some kind of alien WW game?
              Yeah essentially it's ten players on a spaceship. One imposter (WW) who kills people. The crew have to find out who is the imposter and complete tasks on the ship. The imposter can sabotage the ship and sneak through vents. Very simple concept and very well executed. Free game on Android/IOS but it's €4 on steam.

Comment

Comment

Story doesn't add up at all? Is it a journalist messing up the details or is it just a fake story?

Woman "close to him"
                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-10-20, 16:03.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Yeah essentially it's ten players on a spaceship. One imposter (WW) who kills people. The crew have to find out who is the imposter and complete tasks on the ship. The imposter can sabotage the ship and sneak through vents. Very simple concept and very well executed. Free game on Android/IOS but it's €4 on steam.
                    Very confusing . Where does the Viking come into it ?

Comment

McEnany tests positive

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                        McEnany tests positive

People are going to have work really hard on schadenfreude-suppression for that one. Hope she gets better soon.

Comment

Sad day for football.........

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

In other news, I made a tarte tatin. Looks a bit messy but tastes authentic.

Comment

Pizza oven arrived friday, made a basic dough saturday morning and worked out ok, need to try 48hour dough next. No pic of the pizza that caught on fire...lol

Will try and make a dedicated table for it sometime.

PXL_20201003_091313447.jpg

PXL_20201003_132933434.jpg

PXL_20201003_160455707.jpg

PXL_20201003_184447123.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20201003_194359369.jpg

PXL_20201003_193618322.jpg

PXL_20201003_194639830.jpg
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

We're going to have to invent some new term for what is going on in the Trump administration.

None of 'clusterfuck', 'omnishambles' or 'shitshow' are really enough to fully convey the depth of what is going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  We're going to have to invent some new term for what is going on in the Trump administration.

None of 'clusterfuck', 'omnishambles' or 'shitshow' are really enough to fully convey the depth of what is going on here.
                                  A tasteless tainted tarte tatin

Comment

Surely gubu will do?

Comment

It's almost like this virus is highly contagious.

Comment

Is there an expression for a child who is particularly proud that they just filled their nappy? Cause it's that.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

A tasteless tainted tarte tatin
                                          Going down rather well with the peasants

20201005_183508.jpg
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Today, I had my first face to face meeting with a customer since March 6th.

I had to get approval from my RVP to attend the meeting plus I had to arrive masked up, sanitize my hands on arrival, complete a full contact tracing form (which included confirming I had no symptoms, hadn't been in contact with a confirmed or suspect case or had been out of Ireland in the last 14 days), have my temperature taken, wear the mask for the entire meeting and we sat about 3-4 meters apart at all times.

It was fucking brilliant - I'd love to never have to get on another zoom call again (although that won't happen for a while yet) but just getting back out and being able to, somewhat, interact with customers was brilliant.

Technology is great but you can't beat the personal relationship, it's significantly better than phone/e-mail/zoom/skype/teams - It's just no contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I had to get approval from my RVP to attend the meeting plus I had to arrive masked up, sanitize my hands on arrival, complete a full contact tracing form (which included confirming I had no symptoms, hadn't been in contact with a confirmed or suspect case or had been out of Ireland in the last 14 days), have my temperature taken, wear the mask for the entire meeting and we sat about 3-4 meters apart at all times.

It was fucking brilliant - I'd love to never have to get on another zoom call again (although that won't happen for a while yet) but just getting back out and being able to, somewhat, interact with customers was brilliant.

Technology is great but you can't beat the personal relationship, it's significantly better than phone/e-mail/zoom/skype/teams - It's just no contest.
                                              You get a lot more short client meetings and as a result quicker turnaround of projects via video calls imo. Hard to build new business relationships but for existing clients it can really speed up things.

Face to face has its place but working remotely 60-80% of the time is a huge win from my perspective. Quality of family life has gone up quite a lot.
                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

You get a lot more short client meetings and as a result quicker turnaround of projects via video calls imo. Hard to build new business relationships but for existing clients it can really speed up things.

Face to face has its place but working remotely 60-80% of the time is a huge win from my perspective. Quality of family life has gone up quite a lot.
                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Did you ever get a VA in the end?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Dont fear the reaper .

What a cunt .

Comment

Go Edinburgh!

They have a nice mix but are very young and I'd say they are up against it here, Manchester look like a strong team
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

They can be quicker but not necessarily better imo. We've one project in particular with a customer that is having the arse being dragged out which simply wouldn't happen if we were meeting face to face rather than online for the last few months.

In my industry, changing your supplier (I'm the supplier) is very quick and easy, it might not always be the right thing to do long term but it is very quick and easy to do. We also have huge amounts of competition and there is always at least a couple who will offer stupid low pricing looking to buy business (it may be the same in order industries too) so the relationships with our existing customers are even more important than bringing on new ones. Face to face for me is the best way of maintaining that, it's been proven time and time again.

Comment

145 High scoring play off place in the bag well done

Comment

Comment

That was a great performance by Niamh, definitely one of the stars of the series so far. She could do with a bit more help from the team, her mammy mightn't be too impressed with the annunciation answer also they were unlucky with the order of the picture questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Denny called it.

It's just bonkers.

When do the rest of the GOP start casually whistling a tune and slowly edging towards the exit doors?

Comment

Martin is very unconvincing here, this is going to be a clusterfuck of noise and bullshit until he finds the balls to deal with the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        That was a great performance by Niamh, definitely one of the stars of the series so far. She could do with a bit more help from the team, her mammy mightn't be too impressed with the annunciation answer also they were unlucky with the order of the picture questions.
                                                                        Thanks SP. The whole family shouted varying wrong answers at the screen for the annunciation one, including Mammy, so no judgement. Obviously very proud.
                                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-10-20, 20:40.

Comment

Leo letting it all out ...not a happy camper

Comment

Leo letting it all out ...not a happy camper
                                                                              He’s so far ahead of Meehole
                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

That was unexpected from Leo, some digs at NPHET there.

Comment

Thought that was excellent from Leo.

Comment

It's just bonkers.
                                                                                    I think it could work for him.
                                                                                    The strongman who stood up to Covid, didn't 'hide in his basement'. It proves he's fighting fit despite what people said. America loves a winner.
                                                                                    He can now do his big rallies in the second half of October completely safe from Covid (a few of the little people might catch it from each other, but that hardly matters).

It's got massive logical gaps in it obviously, but he just needs to get 4 weeks out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

It's got massive logical gaps in it obviously, but he just needs to get 4 weeks out of it.
                                                                                      They'll be taking him out on a stretcher by Saturday imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

They'll be taking him out on a stretcher by Saturday imo.
                                                                                          That's your weak effete genes talking there. I really hope you or Joe Biden never get it, it's terrible and there's a good chance it would kill you. Me though, the doctors at Walter Reed said they'd never seen anyone fight it the way I fought it.

He's going to be unbearable about this.

Comment

That's your weak effete genes talking there. I really hope you or Joe Biden never get it, it's terrible and there's a good chance it would kill you. Me though, the doctors at Walter Reed said they'd never seen anyone fight it the way I fought it.

Even Bojo thought he was over the worst of it after about 6 days iirc, and he's quite a bit younger and fitter, though just as obese.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

Thanks SP. The whole family shouted varying wrong answers at the screen for the annunciation one, including Mammy, so no judgement. Obviously very proud.
                                                                                              Second highest scoring round of the tournament so far.

Comment

Phenomenal will be the word of the week. Playing a stormer he is.

"Invincible hero, who not only survived every dirty trick the Democrats threw at him, but the Chinese virus as well. He will show America we no longer have to be afraid." NYPost
                                                                                                Last edited by Dice75; 05-10-20, 22:02.

Comment

Feck the moral high ground, for everyone's sake and particularly that of public health I genuinely hope he ends up very ill in the next week

Comment

Feck the moral high ground, for everyone's sake and particularly that of public health I genuinely hope he ends up very ill in the next week

Comment

That was unexpected from Leo, some digs at NPHET there.
                                                                                                      Important for the Irish people to know that Leo runs the country not some jumped up Munster man with a better job title and worse hair.

Do you think Tony rushed back to quick and wanted to fix the world to help with his grief or was it ego that nobody has been taking about him?

Comment

A bad enough dose that leaves him out of breath with slight exercise so he will be wrecked after walking up the steps to the stage at a rally.

also the same amount so that he won’t be able to swing a tennis racket in whatever country club jail he gets sent to for fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

A bad enough dose that leaves him out of breath with slight exercise so he will be wrecked after walking up the steps to the stage at a rally.

also the same amount so that he won’t be able to swing a tennis racket in whatever country club jail he gets sent to for fraud.
                                                                                                          You guys are too nice. I'm thinking Joffrey death scene . I know I'm a horrible person but I would be content with the news .

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Indeed. Who among us hasn't dusted off the case loots but lived to fight another day!

Plenty still doesn't add up though. At least in the reporting of it...

How would his fellow countryman dispose of a body in a foreign country? I know if I accidentally killed someone with an over enthusiastic box round the ear in Iceland I wouldn't have a clue how to successfully cover it up. Probably why I'm not a criminal mastermind.
                                                                                                            We've all done the case loots, but never with some underworld criminals money.
                                                                                                            The whole "he wasn't involved in crime, but was simply in possession of the criminals money" is odd as well.

Maybe I've watch and read too many serial killer/mafia hitman documentaries and books. But I don't think it would be difficult to get rid of a body at all.
                                                                                                            Lads dropping bodies in canals aren't trying to hide them.

They can be quicker but not necessarily better imo. We've one project in particular with a customer that is having the arse being dragged out which simply wouldn't happen if we were meeting face to face rather than online for the last few months.

In my industry, changing your supplier (I'm the supplier) is very quick and easy, it might not always be the right thing to do long term but it is very quick and easy to do. We also have huge amounts of competition and there is always at least a couple who will offer stupid low pricing looking to buy business (it may be the same in order industries too) so the relationships with our existing customers are even more important than bringing on new ones. Face to face for me is the best way of maintaining that, it's been proven time and time again.
                                                                                                            I think it really depends on the industry and the type of meeting.
                                                                                                            From March to August. I was on a single project with many internal meeting, multiple times a day. In this was done in a face to face setting (as would have been the plan without Covid), this would have been incredibly repetitive and unproductive. Instead I spent most meeting multitasking and getting my actual work done.

But the last few weeks I've been doing something that absolutely required me to be on site and see items in person. Just depends.
                                                                                                            Currently doing 2 days midweek in the office and 3 from home. It breaks up the week pretty well and is preferable for me to 5 from home.

Comment

"President Donald J. Trump Defeats COVID" Commemorative Coin

Pre order now! https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/p...eats-covid.htm

Comment

The videos of him on the steps of the Whitehouse are kind of painful to watch. He looks absolutely terrible.

Comment

Has the Tony Holohan superman mural been defaced yet?

Comment

fact check https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.wusa...7-e294d7c00b73

Sad to see people falling for the clearly fake Trump commemorative coin story, being reported by major news outlets and viral on social media clearly trying to make out the actual whitehouse is flogging them when it’s a completely unrelated company

Comment

Comment

Mary Lou like a rabbit in the headlights as she tries to hedge her bets without offering anything positive
                                                                                                                        She has her pathetic shinnerbots out in force trying to hang the leak of the Nphet letter on Leo but we know the Journos had it before the meeting was even over on Sunday.

TBH I'm no clearer now than I was in May on what the right way to deal with this is I hope this will work but its increasingly hard to be optimistic about having the family home for Christmas

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X