This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

His instruction of being precise falls apart under his own stream of consciousness writing style. He decries strawmanning but has a core bunch of targets he blames for the ills of the world.
    You really hit the nail upon the head here. This really grinds my gears. Although to be fair to that particular weirdo the practice is quite widespread.

Comment

I think this be might favourite ever twitter thread:

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

read 12 rules a few years ago, to me it was as I read it I found it interesting and somewhat agreeable.
        It was only really as I finished it and tried to explain it to the missus, the hypocrisy of his writing became difficult to ignore.
        His instruction of being precise falls apart under his own stream of consciousness writing style. He decries strawmanning but has a core bunch of targets he blames for the ills of the world.
        I honestly don't think you'll learn anything not immediately apparent to anyone with even a cursory understanding of mindfulness (which is kinda short hand of "dont be a prick")
        and it will remind you at times of every occasion you are stuck talking to the over earnest fella in the smoking area of the pub who keeps grabbing your arm as you try to politely leave .

My willingness to devote more time to him evaporated as he continued to use patreon to shape his output tailoring his missives to those who gave him the most money.
        There is a fair disparity of opinion on him here which I suppose is to be expected and is probably a good thing.

I did note on some of the clips I saw was he referred to himself by title a number of times "as a clinical psychologist.."
        It's a trick you often hear on Prime Time type shows to give weight to an opinion "Of course as a GP .." "As a solicitor" etc

Cheers for the review.

Comment

The only objection I have to the kids going back to school is this is something Trump likes and seen as he is the anti christ, this will trigger all our deaths .

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
            I think this be might favourite ever twitter thread:
            Hector Jelly

Comment

Question for the all knowing BBV

Let's say you were in work and needed to have a shit and let's say that this shit was the absolute most foulest shit you've ever had.

I'm talking the smell is so bad, it is wafting out the toilet door and down the corridor - people's nose hair is starting to burn as they smell it, some people are starting to cough as if they've just inhaled some nefarious white powder that was posted to them as part of a terrorist act.

Let's say you are this person who had this shit. You are in the cubicle, having just finished your business (there is only one cubicle in the toilet) and just before you are about to leave the cubicle, you hear somebody washing their hands at the sink. Do you

A) Wait until they leave the toilet as sweet mother of baby Jesus (sorry Kayroo) , you don't want to face anybody after that shit and for them to know that it actually came from inside your body.

or

B) Walk out and start to make small talk as if you hadn't just performed a bodily movement akin to the dropping of a nuclear bomb on war torn Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                If you didn't cause them to puke, it's not a bad as you think it is
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Let's say you were in work and needed to have a shit and let's say that this shit was the absolute most foulest shit you've ever had.

I'm talking the smell is so bad, it is wafting out the toilet door and down the corridor - people's nose hair is starting to burn as they smell it, some people are starting to cough as if they've just inhaled some nefarious white powder that was posted to them as part of a terrorist act.

Let's say you are this person who had this shit. You are in the cubicle, having just finished your business (there is only one cubicle in the toilet) and just before you are about to leave the cubicle, you hear somebody washing their hands at the sink. Do you

A) Wait until they leave the toilet as sweet mother of baby Jesus (sorry Kayroo) , you don't want to face anybody after that shit and for them to know that it actually came from inside your body.

or

B) Walk out and start to make small talk as if you hadn't just performed a bodily movement akin to the dropping of a nuclear bomb on war torn Japan.
                  Only approach Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I'm playing the afterschool hero for the next 2 weeks (Mrs D3 has to do her work in-person, onsite) and then I think I'll start going into the office 3 days a week once it is proven they can be trusted to be in the house without setting it on fire\stabbing each other. It's open now but is a bit zombie apocalypse, given the lack of humans in the building.
                    We haven't had chance to experience the Zombie apocalypse. In March we had a worst case scenario forecast and we never got near it. Tidied up all outstanding subscriptions and bills and have actually came out of this much leaner. All took a 20% paycut which has since been restored and reimbursed. Hiring again and dishing out Bonuses and Promotions. We're back over 2020 Budget and all of this done from working from home so it can work for sure.

Of the 100 in Dublin office. Only 15 of us expressed an interest in returning to the office with a September soft reopening. That number dwindled down to single figures and decision was made to keep it closed until well into the new year. The cost lighting up the place wasn't worth it for a handful of people popping in and out that and latest Gov Guidelines.

People are going to get sick of it at some stage i'd imagine. I've a young team that are screaming to get social activities going. We've gone on a hike but no session yet. Bit of underlying pent up frustration there that i don't think has came out yet.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I feel you have planted your flag in the ground. Tattered cloth that it is.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

I had an unwelcome rub up against the job market these last few months. Might be of interest to some in the same boat or possibly facing into it.

I was unexpectedly made redundant in mid-June as an expected investment in the company dried up. So I set myself a target of applying for an average of one job a day and a interviewing for one job per week.

So in 10 weeks I applied for 123 roles (an average of just over 1.5 jobs per day) and got interviews for 13 or about 10%. Jobs all had product, content or e-commerce in the title. Probably half those I was either over or under qualified for so knew I was unlikely to get an interview but still applied as you simply never know what will happen if a human sees your profile.

Things were slow to start as I slogged through a bunch of backlog jobs which may have been on job sites for quite a while. These were largely useless, 'thanks but no thanks' but I did score one part-time freelance writing job which kept me interested and sharpened my skills a little.

However by mid-July the market seemingly took an outrageous turn and relevant jobs flooded in for me with regular interviews and good feedback with which to work.

In the end I was at final stage for 4 roles this week (and had two first stage interviews yesterday as well) and the one I accepted (back into content marketing for a fintech product company) had first mover advantage.

Most annoyingly, just over one-third of those I submitted an application too responded either with a 'thanks but no thanks' or an interview offer. The others were pig ignorant fucks where you were luck to receive an automated 'we received your application but we'll only be in touch if we could be bothered'.

Anyway, it all ended well but the message to anyone in a similar boat is just keep plugging away. It's a numbers game. Just as an example, I was told by one recruiter not to be concerned if I saw 150 people had applied for a role on LinkedIn as straight away you could discount half of those as speculative non visa holders with zero chance and half of the other half would be speculative no-hopers wholly unsuited to the role. Seemed to be about right in the end.

So the nipper starts school tomorrow and I start back to work from home next week and while the virus is obviously a pile of shite I can't say I won't miss the time I had to hang out with the young fella, teaching him to cycle, splashing in the sea at Donegal, watching The Rubbish World of Dave Spud and teaching him about how Arthur and Ray were actually the best Minder over Arthur and Terry. He's still having none of it and can't get his head around why Terry left.

Glad I was able to make the best of a bad lot.

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 01-09-20, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

We haven't had chance to experience the Zombie apocalypse. In March we had a worst case scenario forecast and we never got near it. Tidied up all outstanding subscriptions and bills and have actually came out of this much leaner. All took a 20% paycut which has since been restored and reimbursed. Hiring again and dishing out Bonuses and Promotions. We're back over 2020 Budget and all of this done from working from home so it can work for sure.

Of the 100 in Dublin office. Only 15 of us expressed an interest in returning to the office with a September soft reopening. That number dwindled down to single figures and decision was made to keep it closed until well into the new year. The cost lighting up the place wasn't worth it for a handful of people popping in and out that and latest Gov Guidelines.

People are going to get sick of it at some stage i'd imagine. I've a young team that are screaming to get social activities going. We've gone on a hike but no session yet. Bit of underlying pent up frustration there that i don't think has came out yet.
                              Think our place is actively pushing people to go back in, especially in the US. As in, if you don't have a really good excuse, you need to be in the office 50% of the time.

Not reached those levels here yet but I could see it happening for sure. Personally wouldn't mind speaking face to face with beings that are not (a) a dog or (b), my children during the working day.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                So started work today with a group zoom. Rate my opening banter, please? There was a silence at the end with an 'well anyway ...' shuffle from the head guy. About four people there at this point. Average age of 50-55 or so.

Opening banter – 6/10 .
                                Bosses Banter – 5/10 Crowd need to get out more.

Banter aggregate 5.5 out of 10.

This was nobody’s finest hour .

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                  so the nipper starts school tomorrow and I start back to work from home next week and while the virus is obviously a pile of shite I can't say I won't miss the time I had to hang out with the young fell, teaching him to cycle, splashing in the sea at Donegal, watching The Rubbish World of Dave Spud and teaching him about how Arthur and Ray were actually the best Minder over Arthur and Terry. He's still having none of it and can't get his head around why Terry left.
                                  I'll alert the social workers to remove him as you are clearly not fit to be a parent if you're trying to inculcate these kind of ludicrous ideas.

WP on the job front.

Comment

Comment

Wait until the kids arrive home with someone else's mask on.
                                      WTF HH JNR THATS NOT YOUR MASK!
                                      Jimmy has mine Daddy , we played swapsies

Comment

So started work today with a group zoom. Rate my opening banter, please? There was a silence at the end with an 'well anyway ...' shuffle from the head guy. About four people there at this point. Average age of 50-55 or so.

Ah no, we cant have any more...not where i like to stick it, wha!!

TY J.Carr for that one.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

or

lol

Was on a road trip many moons ago and driving in to San Diego (looking to check in) needing to go(at Defcon 2, not quite turtle heading at this stage) Drinking the night before/takeaway food
                                          One of the lads is a fussy fucker about smells and cleanliness and discounted the first place because it smelled of piss.
                                          Second place was burnt food smell or some bollox like that.
                                          Now I'm at Defcon 3 and im "whatever the next place is we are fucking taking it, that's it"
                                          Im driving too so will have to find parking as were hitting the centre of town.
                                          So park the car and we hit the lobby of this fairly grand old style hotel, big huge long lobby and I'm wondering will I be able to make it to the desk, check in and make it to the room.
                                          So were approaching the desk and I see this kid getting sick outside the restaurant.
                                          See my mate grimacing and rush the last few feet to the desk
                                          "wheres the bathroom my friends will check in"
                                          He points back down the lobby so I now have to negotiate a tricky 20 metres, stiff legged, clenching and sweating like Prince Andrew when he heard Ghisaine Maxwell was arrested.
                                          Make it to the toilet which was basically a cupboard accessing directly on to the lobby.
                                          Anyway jocks off quicker than Our Conor on the last 2 furlongs of Cheltenham and utter, blissful relief.
                                          Someone starts pounding on door (I've only just got in) and I'm there "ill be a few minutes"
                                          More pounding and sort of angry noises "ill be out in a minute ffs" I'm sayin
                                          Finally finish and open door to be greeted by the security guard desperate to get past me despite his disgust at the stench. I had a big grin on with a "I wouldnt be in a hurry to get in there mate" He actually snarled at me as he barged past.

The lads were cracking up

We could smell you from the lobby.
                                          They went nearer to the smell of the kids vomit to get away from it.
                                          Last edited by dinekes; 01-09-20, 15:14.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've had this sausage as a starter in Grano, Stoneybatter. It was in a little terracota dish with a candle heating the base I believe. Awesome kick of heat. Simply delicious some bread and olive oil. Grano is an excellent little restaurant and I can't wait to head back there.

On the topic of Italian restaurants I was in another great little spot a couple of weeks back that just blew my mind - Sprezzatura just off Camden St. If I'm not mistaken almost all of the staff and kitchen are Brazilian. This takes nothing away from the brilliant pasta which is freshly made each day. The price is outrageously cheap for what you get - the dessert was only €3.50 and total was €50 for two (1x starter, 2x mains, 2x glasses of wine, 2x desserts + tip). Ordering done online via your phone is a big plus for me too. Food was exceptional for that pice point.
                                            Last edited by coillcam; 01-09-20, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I'm pretty sure I've had this sausage as a starter in Grano, Stoneybatter. It was in a little terracota dish with a candle heating the base I believe. Awesome kick of heat. Simply delicious some bread and olive oil. Grano is an excellent little restaurant and I can't wait to head back there.

On the topic of Italian restaurants I was in another great little spot a couple of weeks back that just blew my mind - Sprezzatura just off Camden St. If I'm not mistaken almost all of the staff and kitchen are Brazilian. This takes nothing away from the brilliant pasta which is freshly made each day. The price is outrageously cheap for what you get - the dessert was only €3.50 and total was €50 for two (1x starter, 2x mains, 2x glasses of wine, 2x desserts + tip). Ordering done online via your phone is a big plus for me too. Food was exceptional for that pice point.

Yes ive had that in grano also, fantastic little restaurant and reasonably priced. Ill be off to check out that other recommendation v soon!
                                              airport, lol

Comment

9 year old has just gone into Temple St for an X-Ray after swallowing a 50c coin.

Seems like a bizarre thing to do at that age and I was quite sure the advice would be 'do nothing and it will come out the other end tomorrow' but no, GP was rung and she has to get checked out. Luckily it's Mrs D3's turn for hospital duty.
                                                Any change?

Comment

217 new cases. Close the schools!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                    Where would be a good start to get a suit for getting married in? (Dublin)
                                                    Myself and the missus moved our wedding to November but things aren't looking too good so we decided to postpone to November 2021 currently have a Louis Copeland suit hanging in the wardrobe that now won't be used for an extra year +

Congrats on the nuptials.
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I wish people would have the good sense not to post loving pictures of their horrible little disease vectors in their way to put the country into lockdown again

Comment

Jaysus lads, ye can flush far earlier in the toilet process, it doesn't have to be the last thing.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Yes ive had that in grano also, fantastic little restaurant and reasonably priced. Ill be off to check out that other recommendation v soon!
                                                          Go for it man, let me know what you think. Although I feel you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            Jaysus lads, ye can flush far earlier in the toilet process, it doesn't have to be the last thing.
                                                            Thought you were going to correct dinekes for his having the Defcon numbers in the incorrect order

Comment

Comment

CC was joking, I hope. There's no way the current numbers are caused by school, it's far too early.
                                                                Was wondering if we'd had the first intersex or non-binary case. 217 cases, 103 are in men, and 113 are women

Comment

I wish people would have the good sense not to post loving pictures of their horrible little disease vectors in their way to put the country into lockdown again
                                                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Was wondering if we'd had the first intersex or non-binary case. 217 cases, 103 are in men, and 113 are women
                                                                    My dog has it .

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      The ol courtesy flush .

Comment

CC was joking, I hope. There's no way the current numbers are caused by school, it's far too early.
                                                                        Of course...but there's no doubt the numbers will rise in a week or two because parents are too liberal to lock their kids in the cupboard during office hours.

Comment

217 new cases. Close the schools!!!
                                                                          300 new school bags also. (I'll get me coat )

Comment

Of course...but there's no doubt the numbers will rise in a week or two because parents are too liberal to lock their kids in the cupboard during office hours.
                                                                            That's ridiculous.

SPOILER
                                                                            I lock them in the shed obvs, can't hear their wailing from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Any change?
                                                                              Did get a bill from Temple St for a hundred bucks today.

She won't be doing that again.

Comment

She won't be doing that again.
                                                                                What were they doing with coins anyway? I resisted going cashless more than most, though I still keep a 1 and 2 yoyo coin for shopping trollies.

Comment

...

Comment

Trump fav on Betfair
                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                        Trump fav on Betfair
                                                                                        Fav to be taken out during the campaign IMO

I probably should wait for Denny to reparse for me to a harmless misquote but a man who has compared the shooting of an unarmed man in the back seven times to a missed putt is trying to stoke up hatred and division for electoral advantage is probably going to stir up enough anger to get himself in the firing line.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bit dangerous. You do the courtesy flush and then after finishing your business realise it's a slow filling toilet and there isn't enough water in the tank for the final proper flush. I'd say many of us innocent bystanders would prefer no floating turds greeting us on arrival in the cubicle over a risk-taking courtesy flusher. Speaking for the silent majority here.
                                                                                          Ha ha that's it

Was in Frsnce last summer. Nice meal al Fresco and of course only 1 tiny little broom closet Jax. Plumbing about 50 years old with a complicated but delicate looking flush system which I managed to break. Was only a piss but I was frantically trying to fix the fucking thing as could hear people waiing outside. Eventually just said sod it and left. Slight shrug of the shoulders and gesturing back towards the toilet in a nonchalant "cest pas mon affaire" type way.

Always getting in to these "uh oh" type situations.
                                                                                          I'll be opening a door in a hotel and a doorhandle will come off in my hand or stuff like that. "Thars ok sir happens all the time"

Comment

Must give that a listen when have a free listening spot. After your post earlier I was trying to find a decent book on the promise and potential impact of VR. Couldn't see anything decent at all - did you ever hear of anything?
                                                                                            No can't recommend anything.

I was interested to see how difficult the programming is involved behind it all as the market is only going to continue to grow. Like the early days of mobile apps, if you can create simple good ideas with mass appeal it could be very lucrative but I decided to play the pokers instead last month. Bad decision

That kind of programming is hard though. Mainly down to the math and physics involved in the worlds. I did some very simple augmented reality stuff before and even that was difficult. Although I was working in a very low-level library whereas if you use some kind of engine like Unity I presume it abstracts much of that stuff away from you but never used it. I see Unity recently moved an office to Dublin.

Some guy stuck up a post on Reddit with a tutorial to do that mapping thing of the room I posted a while back where your physical room matches the VR environment so I am gonna give that a go and see how I get on.
                                                                                            Last edited by Opr; 01-09-20, 22:10.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Myself and the missus moved our wedding to November but things aren't looking too good so we decided to postpone to November 2021 currently have a Louis Copeland suit hanging in the wardrobe that now won't be used for an extra year +

Congrats on the nuptials.
                                                                                              Cheers.

We're still booked in for November. Hopeful it'll be alright as there's only 14 guests

Comment

...

Comment

Bit dangerous. You do the courtesy flush and then after finishing your business realise it's a slow filling toilet and there isn't enough water in the tank for the final proper flush. I'd say many of us innocent bystanders would prefer no floating turds greeting us on arrival in the cubicle over a risk-taking courtesy flusher. Speaking for the silent majority here.
                                                                                                  The 1st load should be the mudderload . This carries the main bulk . The initial release contains the offending odour. The lid should be shut when dispatching the mudderload. Take this opportunity to work on you sphincter muscle and perhaps some squats to build up the scrawny legs . If the 2nd lesser of the two evil jobbies remains . Leave the toilet in good faith. , you did what was humanly possible at the time .

Comment

Ah the BBV... One day pondering the deep ethics, religion and logical thinking.... The next, the art of taking a shit.

"diverse" doest even come close to describing you lot
                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

No can't recommend anything.

I was interested to see how difficult the programming is involved behind it all as the market is only going to continue to grow. Like the early days of mobile apps, if you can create simple good ideas with mass appeal it could be very lucrative but I decided to play the pokers instead last month. Bad decision

That kind of programming is hard though. Mainly down to the math and physics involved in the worlds. I did some very simple augmented reality stuff before and even that was difficult. Although I was working in a very low-level library whereas if you use some kind of engine like Unity I presume it abstracts much of that stuff away from you but never used it. I see Unity recently moved an office to Dublin.

Some guy stuck up a post on Reddit with a tutorial to do that mapping thing of the room I posted a while back where your physical room matches the VR environment so I am gonna give that a go and see how I get on.
                                                                                                      you'd be better off getting into the nuances of DApps, IMO, distributed APPs, VR is a little like AI which has been 50 years coming and almost ready, I'm not as sure about VR as I am about DApps.

And lol, all new engineers will wait until the SDK is easy to use

Not suggesting you're one of those new engineers !
                                                                                                      Last edited by paul8200; 01-09-20, 23:23. Reason: Clarity

Comment

[QUOTE=Raoul Duke III;n1674114]

She won't be doing that again.[/QUOTE]

Ah so the net adjusted bill was €99.50

Comment

Alright now folks, need your expertise for this one. Over the years, every Irish movie that was mentioned to me I tried to keep track of and at a later date acquire so I could have a pretty decent list.. and now, I'm trying to make sure that the list is not missing some glaringly obvious choices, or even just some good Irish movies I don't have. It's a long auld list, some are probably not even that Irish to be honest, and the ones with a star I have still yet to get a decent version of but happy with new ones if you have any!

SPOILER
                                                                                                          a date for mad mary
                                                                                                          A film with me in it
                                                                                                          A Man of No Importance *
                                                                                                          accelerator *
                                                                                                          adam and paul
                                                                                                          angelas ashes
                                                                                                          anne devlin *
                                                                                                          another shore *
                                                                                                          barry lyndon
                                                                                                          between the canals
                                                                                                          black 47
                                                                                                          Bloody Sunday
                                                                                                          brooklyn
                                                                                                          Calvary
                                                                                                          candy floss *
                                                                                                          cardboard gangsters
                                                                                                          Clash Of The Ash.
                                                                                                          Cowboys And Angels. *
                                                                                                          crushproof
                                                                                                          Da (1988) *
                                                                                                          Darby O'Gill and the Little People
                                                                                                          disco pigs
                                                                                                          Eat the Peach
                                                                                                          fatal deviation
                                                                                                          flick *
                                                                                                          Float Like a Butterfly(looks ugh)
                                                                                                          foxes *
                                                                                                          Garage
                                                                                                          glassland *
                                                                                                          going off big time *
                                                                                                          goldfish memory
                                                                                                          grabbers
                                                                                                          headrush *
                                                                                                          How Harry became a tree
                                                                                                          How to cheat in the Leaving Cert *
                                                                                                          hunger
                                                                                                          i went down
                                                                                                          in america
                                                                                                          in bruges
                                                                                                          In the name of the Father
                                                                                                          Inside I'm Dancing Also known as Rory O'Shea Was Here
                                                                                                          intermission
                                                                                                          Into the west
                                                                                                          killing bono
                                                                                                          king of the travellers *
                                                                                                          Kings
                                                                                                          Kisses (2008)
                                                                                                          Lamb, *
                                                                                                          lifes a breeze *
                                                                                                          lobster
                                                                                                          Man About Dog
                                                                                                          man of aran
                                                                                                          maze *
                                                                                                          Michael Collins
                                                                                                          michael inside *
                                                                                                          Mickybo and Me *
                                                                                                          Miller's Crossing
                                                                                                          My left foot
                                                                                                          Nothing Personal (2009) *
                                                                                                          Odd Man Out
                                                                                                          omagh
                                                                                                          once
                                                                                                          Patriots(1994)
                                                                                                          Perrier's Bounty
                                                                                                          Philomena,
                                                                                                          Poitin *
                                                                                                          Quackser Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronx
                                                                                                          rat 2000 *
                                                                                                          Rocky Road to Dublin *
                                                                                                          rosie
                                                                                                          sensation *
                                                                                                          Shake Hands With the Devil
                                                                                                          siege of jadotville
                                                                                                          sing street
                                                                                                          some mothers son
                                                                                                          Song for a Raggy Boy.
                                                                                                          Spin the bottle(2003)
                                                                                                          Stella Days(2011)
                                                                                                          taffin
                                                                                                          The 3:10 to Claremorris *
                                                                                                          The Actors
                                                                                                          The Boxer
                                                                                                          The butcher boy
                                                                                                          the citadel
                                                                                                          The Commitments
                                                                                                          the courier
                                                                                                          The crying game,
                                                                                                          the dead
                                                                                                          the farthest
                                                                                                          the favourite
                                                                                                          The Field ( Amazing casting and powerhouse performances)
                                                                                                          the front line *
                                                                                                          The General
                                                                                                          The Guard,
                                                                                                          The hole in the ground
                                                                                                          the informer
                                                                                                          the irish pub *
                                                                                                          the journey *
                                                                                                          The Lad from Old Ireland *
                                                                                                          The luck of the Irish
                                                                                                          The Magdalene Sisters
                                                                                                          the matchmaker
                                                                                                          The Miracle (1991).
                                                                                                          The Most Fertile Man in Ireland
                                                                                                          the quiet man
                                                                                                          the run of the country
                                                                                                          the secret of kells
                                                                                                          the secret of roan inish
                                                                                                          The Snapper (whole barrytown trilogy really)
                                                                                                          the stag
                                                                                                          the van
                                                                                                          the wind that shakes the barley
                                                                                                          this is my father
                                                                                                          undine/ondine
                                                                                                          Val Falvey TD(dougal!) *
                                                                                                          Veronica Guerin
                                                                                                          vivarium
                                                                                                          waking ned devine
                                                                                                          war of the buttons
                                                                                                          what richard did
                                                                                                          when brendan met trudy
                                                                                                          young offenders

I think the first spoiler looks shit on my laptop anyway so here's just text
                                                                                                          SPOILER

a date for mad mary
                                                                                                          A film with me in it
                                                                                                          A Man of No Importance *
                                                                                                          accelerator *
                                                                                                          adam and paul
                                                                                                          angelas ashes
                                                                                                          anne devlin *
                                                                                                          another shore *
                                                                                                          barry lyndon
                                                                                                          between the canals
                                                                                                          black 47
                                                                                                          Bloody Sunday
                                                                                                          brooklyn
                                                                                                          Calvary
                                                                                                          candy floss *
                                                                                                          cardboard gangsters
                                                                                                          Clash Of The Ash.
                                                                                                          Cowboys And Angels. *
                                                                                                          crushproof
                                                                                                          Da (1988) *
                                                                                                          Darby O'Gill and the Little People
                                                                                                          disco pigs
                                                                                                          Eat the Peach
                                                                                                          fatal deviation
                                                                                                          flick *
                                                                                                          Float Like a Butterfly(looks ugh)
                                                                                                          foxes *
                                                                                                          Garage
                                                                                                          glassland *
                                                                                                          going off big time *
                                                                                                          goldfish memory
                                                                                                          grabbers
                                                                                                          headrush *
                                                                                                          How Harry became a tree
                                                                                                          How to cheat in the Leaving Cert *
                                                                                                          hunger check quality
                                                                                                          i went down
                                                                                                          in america
                                                                                                          in bruges
                                                                                                          In the name of the Father
                                                                                                          Inside I'm Dancing Also known as Rory O'Shea Was Here
                                                                                                          intermission
                                                                                                          Into the west
                                                                                                          killing bono
                                                                                                          king of the travellers *
                                                                                                          Kings
                                                                                                          Kisses (2008)
                                                                                                          Lamb, *
                                                                                                          lifes a breeze *
                                                                                                          lobster
                                                                                                          Man About Dog
                                                                                                          man of aran
                                                                                                          maze *
                                                                                                          Michael Collins
                                                                                                          michael inside *
                                                                                                          Mickybo and Me *
                                                                                                          Miller's Crossing
                                                                                                          My left foot
                                                                                                          Nothing Personal (2009) *
                                                                                                          Odd Man Out
                                                                                                          omagh
                                                                                                          once
                                                                                                          Patriots(1994)
                                                                                                          Perrier's Bounty
                                                                                                          Philomena,
                                                                                                          Poitin *
                                                                                                          Quackser Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronx
                                                                                                          rat 2000 *
                                                                                                          Rocky Road to Dublin *
                                                                                                          rosie
                                                                                                          sensation *
                                                                                                          Shake Hands With the Devil
                                                                                                          siege of jadotville
                                                                                                          sing street
                                                                                                          some mothers son
                                                                                                          Song for a Raggy Boy.
                                                                                                          Spin the bottle(2003)
                                                                                                          Stella Days(2011)
                                                                                                          taffin
                                                                                                          The 3:10 to Claremorris *
                                                                                                          The Actors
                                                                                                          The Boxer
                                                                                                          The butcher boy
                                                                                                          the citadel
                                                                                                          The Commitments
                                                                                                          the courier
                                                                                                          The crying game,
                                                                                                          the dead
                                                                                                          the farthest
                                                                                                          the favourite
                                                                                                          The Field ( Amazing casting and powerhouse performances)
                                                                                                          the front line *
                                                                                                          The General
                                                                                                          The Guard,
                                                                                                          The hole in the ground
                                                                                                          the informer
                                                                                                          the irish pub *
                                                                                                          the journey *
                                                                                                          The Lad from Old Ireland *
                                                                                                          The luck of the Irish
                                                                                                          The Magdalene Sisters
                                                                                                          the matchmaker
                                                                                                          The Miracle (1991).
                                                                                                          The Most Fertile Man in Ireland
                                                                                                          the quiet man
                                                                                                          the run of the country
                                                                                                          the secret of kells
                                                                                                          the secret of roan inish
                                                                                                          The Snapper (whole barrytown trilogy really)
                                                                                                          the stag
                                                                                                          the van
                                                                                                          the wind that shakes the barley
                                                                                                          this is my father
                                                                                                          undine/ondine
                                                                                                          Val Falvey TD(dougal!) *
                                                                                                          Veronica Guerin
                                                                                                          vivarium
                                                                                                          waking ned devine
                                                                                                          war of the buttons
                                                                                                          what richard did
                                                                                                          when brendan met trudy
                                                                                                          young offenders

Edit: song of the sea is not on the list for some reason but I also have that and anyone who likes animated movies should really give it a go, amazing movie with heavy Irish influences in animation, story and voices
                                                                                                          Last edited by mdoug; 01-09-20, 23:52.
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Decent list ! A fair few i ahvent seen.

What constitutes an Irish film ? Made here, themes ?

Millers crossing, siege of jadotville, Brooklyn ?

Irish main characters ?
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

War of the buttons is the best frame of childhood nostalgia I have & is all the sweeter now living abroad, thanks for bringing it to mind mdoug!

Comment

'71 count?

Parked (never heard of this until recently)

The Devil's Own (Brad Pitt's accent surely counts?)

Killing of the Sacred Deer (two leads are Irish)

Not sure of the requirements so just throwing out anything with something Irish in it that's not on your list.

Shrooms?
                                                                                                                Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 02-09-20, 01:56.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                                  War of the buttons is the best frame of childhood nostalgia I have & is all the sweeter now living abroad, thanks for bringing it to mind mdoug!
                                                                                                                  The original is amazing also. Well worth a watch.

Comment

Eg3bHRaWsAQvPoZ?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

American carnage.

Comment

American carnage.
                                                                                                                        It's really just that the dress shoes with the lifts look so out of place. In fairness he gets slagged no matter what he wears. I'd advise him to shave his head and go full camo like Lukashenko.

Comment

I've a grand on Biden now after topping up today when he moved into 10/11. Might give it a month before getting the final €500 on.
                                                                                                                          I'm contemplating a big bet too. I just can't see how Trump wins all the swing states he needs - WI, MN, FL, PA.

Especially if their covid response remains as ineffective as it has been. I think that'll be the big narrative of the election, not the current racism/mob violence (pick according to your political flavour) theme.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X