This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

The other odd thing is having new apartments with like a B or even a C energy rating. How do you even physically achieve that with modern building techniques?!
    Very easily tbh.
    Achieve a good rating requires a lot more than modern building techniques. There's a significant investment required that not everyone wants to spend.

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Is there a reason why apartments in Ireland are always furnished? The furniture you get always looks like garbage. 2,400 a month and look at the table and chairs, the stool and high table in the kitchen, if you were giving them away the person taking it would ask you drop it off as it's not worth the cost of the petrol.
    I've always found that odd too.
    I think it's down to the plebs expecting furnished apartments to the point of there being no market.
    If makes sense in low-cost, short term, or small city apartments. But can never understand a somebody rent a large relatively expensive place but sleeping in somebody's old smelly bed.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Trump presser last night was irritating. I cant understand how hes not been taken out . All about CHINA.
        He goes from both paranoid to pronoid in the same sentence. It's actually remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
          Is this permitted ? Consequences?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            Wonder where the guard who leaked Cowen stuff is from
            whiff of the Mayo deep state about the whole thing
            Pretty sure it's an open secret Thomas Byrne leaked it
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Since my father got back from A&E the other night he's been telling anyone who'll listen that they took out his kidney, he's more convincing than Trump is about passing his dementia test.
              I've brought Mrs DP's dad for little walks around the estate or to the shops literally every day since lockdown.
              Without fail, every day he forgets Covid is a thing or expresses in wonder that it's the first day out in months.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                Some people/places are just weird. Was in Tesco in Wicklow town earlier. Pretty sure I was the only one wearing a mask(or one of the very few anyway) and got a few weird looks alright
                Id say its 50% on my local weekly shop although slightly older population around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Is this permitted ? Consequences?
                  Think it's technically illegal, but nothing will happen.

“An employee shall not use or permit the use of his Government position or title or any authority associated with his public office to endorse any product, service or enterprise.”
                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 15-07-20, 08:19.

Comment

Jesus christ
                    Coronavirus: ‘Worrying trend’ of symptomatic people refusing Covid-19 tests
                    via The Irish Times

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                      this is about the boycott of Goya?

Just when you think they cannot get any more crass

Comment

I see joe Rohan proving beyond all doubt he is a dangerous moron “masks are for bitches”
                        poor reflection on people that they listen to his rambling shite, people who go on as guests usually go down in my estimation also

Comment

I see joe Rogan proving beyond all doubt he is a dangerous moron “masks are for bitches”
                          poor reflection on people that they listen to his rambling shite, people who go on as guests usually go down in my estimation also

Comment

Fake news bro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY3C...youtu.be&t=578
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

For coffee people, darkarts have a 25% sale today on anything, as they are moving premises and don't want to move their stock, if ye wanted anything. Code is fuckouttahere
                              I'm a big fan of the "I will kill again" keep cup. Their coffee is awesome.

Buy whole bean & ground coffee (home espresso, stovetop, filter, Aeropress, French Press) delivered to your door or for wholesale, roasted to order. Free UK shipping over £20, free next day delivery over £45 or save by starting a subscription. Buy top rated equipment from Hario, Wilfa, Puck Puck, Opal and more.

Comment

Attached Files
                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                  For coffee people, darkarts have a 25% sale today on anything, as they are moving premises and don't want to move their stock, if ye wanted anything. Code is fuckouttahere
                                  I'm a big fan of the "I will kill again" keep cup. Their coffee is awesome.

https://www.darkartscoffee.co.uk/
                                  Anything specific you can recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Very easily tbh.
                                    Achieve a good rating requires a lot more than modern building techniques. There's a significant investment required that not everyone wants to spend.

I've always found that odd too.
                                    I think it's down to the plebs expecting furnished apartments to the point of there being no market.
                                    If makes sense in low-cost, short term, or small city apartments. But can never understand a somebody rent a large relatively expensive place but sleeping in somebody's old smelly bed.
                                    Landlords are a problem in this regard. The place I lived in Ranelagh had a nice conservatory full of washing machines, couches and other assorted rubbish the owner was storing from his other lettings. When I replaced his smelly old bed with my own he fucked the smelly old bed into the conservatory with the rest :-/

What are you going to do in the Dublin rental market? Just have to suck it up

Comment

Comment

Oh why do you treat me so cold . Got a mortgage on my body , the deeds to my soul .

Comment

We've now agreed to pay the landlord to store his crap in a storage place so we don't get infected. They saw us coming all right. In fairness we would have had to store our stuff somewhere otherwise.
                                          That's not how that works.
                                          His stuff, his responsibility

Comment

For Dempsey haters. Listen up. I remember this so well spent many years in Dingle for OV . This was one of the hiighlights

Comment

We've now agreed to pay the landlord to store his crap in a storage place so we don't get infected. They saw us coming all right. In fairness we would have had to store our stuff somewhere otherwise.
                                              Back in the day I used to just store the landlord stuff I didn’t want down in my folks workshop and bring it back when I was moving out. How much are you paying for storage??
                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Anything specific you can recommend?
                                                I've just been drinking it from a coffee shop in town, it's all they use, can't remember which I've had or not but thoroughly enjoyed them all.
                                                The place is called it's a trap, near mountjoy sq, if you feel like trying it out. They also sell the beans there. They spent months drinking different coffees before choosing these guys and when they chose them, the lads flew over from London to chat about coffee etc, great service!

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 15-07-20, 15:08.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

TBH I can see where they those new IP businesses are coming from. It's risky yes and the valuations seem high now BUT I think bands and record companies have traditionally been rather shortsighted and this is a much longer play, monetising catalogues hard over many decades with a much broader vision of where the opportunities might be.

And I don't really have a problem with that for bands/artists which are big business.

The main risks I'd highlight is that the ubiquity which will come from putting their images and songs in places they traditionally may not have been will dilute their cache (in the west) and they won't get anything near the return they might think they will from 'emerging' markets in the east.

Might be another case of Guy Hands catastrophic takeover of EMI a decade ago but this move seems different. It's music industry insiders trying to disrupt with a near bottomless pit of cash.

The challenge will be to get the revenue streams robust enough before the money runs out and/or the often very fickle world of celebrity/entertainment either pushes back against the prices or something like another global recession/depression (or something like cancel culture) create an insurmountable structural shift.
                                                      That EMI deal was a shitshow for another wise shrewd investor in Terra Firma. I was an investor in it, and an interesting story was that as part of the takeover there was obviously a large focus on cost cutting as part of the takeover, TF team see an inordinate amount of costs going on flowers for the artists changing rooms, like 9-10x the cost of everything else, and duly cut that from budget. They lose a few artists over the course of 6 months until they realize flowers is a euphemism, and promptly replace the budget. Investors actually got back par in the end which all things considered was a helluva result.

Comment

Food to see a bit of a backlash brewing against working from home, pretty clear it’ll be a disaster for all the companies that rely on catering to workforce’s in the city
                                                        hopefully if this blows over there will be a campaign to shame selfish WFH holdouts and they’ll be forced to abandon their plans to infest and destroy the west of Ireland

don’t think everyone is loving it anyway and Have no doubt productivity has dropped for many.

Comment

I keep my coffee intake to 2 cups a month for fear of being called a coffee wnaker. Hate these wnakers who walk into meetings with coffee in hand. Dont do that. Have your coffee before you go anywhere you coffee wankers.

Comment

Comment

2 hours googling more or less fancy /designer face masks. Jesus what has life become... On the upside the saggy jaw line will be fixed for a measly 12 euro instead of the 10 k facelift that was to happen in June
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Hullo to whomever shouted out a window to me from a taxi in Chapelizod tonight

Comment

That bridge overlooking Chapelizod is mad. Chapelizod could be sacked from that bridge alone. Depending on the vigourish of the Chaplizod inhabitants,

Comment

I'm watching celebrity Masterchef and while I'm all for diversity, equality and all that jazz, they've a bleedin' blind lad on this episode. They are currently in a professional kitchen, how would they even get insurance from a production point of view for that.

I'm sorry Masterchef, you've gone too far, just too far.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      That bridge overlooking Chapelizod is mad. Chapelizod could be sacked from that bridge alone. Depending on the vigourish of the Chaplizod inhabitants,
                                                                      Chapelizod is a garrison village housing many secrets. Invade at your peril.

Comment

Comment

She's been on Cats Does Countdown a few times and I've just (with some guilt) had to skip through her segments each time. Find her unwatchable. I don't think it's particularly funny either the odd time that I've listened for 10 seconds. If she is fundamentally funny at some level then surely script-writing would be an easier gig.

Comment

Would recommend Staged with David Tennant and Michael Sheen.
                                                                            Very much a covid19 comedy with the thin premise of an attempt to keep rehearsals for a play going during lockdown.
                                                                            But really just an excuse for some The Trip style scripted banter via zoom between the lads and various other characters.
                                                                            6 x 15 minute episodes so not a huge time commitment.

Comment

Sometimes it pays to have a dodgy mug. Running in the dark in the park and a few menacing types giving me the wide berth . Perhaps they thought I was suffering enough .. Great time of the day for a wee jog . I'm happy enough in this weather , not one for the hot summers .

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I'm watching celebrity Masterchef and while I'm all for diversity, equality and all that jazz, they've a bleedin' blind lad on this episode. They are currently in a professional kitchen, how would they even get insurance from a production point of view for that.

I'm sorry Masterchef, you've gone too far, just too far.
                                                                                I'm not a racist but...<insert something very racist>

Equality means doing things that may seem uncomfortable to you.

Comment

Woop ship the $500 ticket to the ME super sat on Sunday. Posting cause there was an extremely funny end to the sat. 9 places paid and 11 left. There is a 6, 4, and 11 bb stack on the other table. Everyone on my table is 20+ bb. An orbit ago I ship 99 on the button into a guy who at the time had 60bb and can fold to a ticket but no light is on and he calls me off with A8 in the bb. I hold thank fuck. So guy UTG has been shipping with impunity for the lol's I think knowing no one on our table can call. He ships it UTG not realizing the same guy who is in the bb doesn't seem to know it is a satellite and gets called by A10 and busts with Q2 just as another guy busts on the other table leaving that table with a few less than 10bb stacks in the tickets.

Sorry for the boring poker updates. Just couldn't stop laughing.
                                                                                  Last edited by Opr; 15-07-20, 23:31.

Comment

Interesting to think about what is going to happen in America. Will they have to shut down completely again? Or will they just suck it up and see how bad things get. I'd also like to hear if Danny is still convinced Trump is doing a good job. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/o...-shutdown.html

Comment

Major shitstorm brewing as twitter is hacked.
                                                                                      All blue checked accounts blocked from posting while they sort it out.
                                                                                      Gates, Obama, Biden, Kanye, bitcoin, Soros, Buffett,Uber,Musk etc all hit

Comment

I was kinda thinking the same about the comedian at about 1:15 here in the same 'job doesn't fit', who has been on Mock the Week a few times. I just really don't get it. Maybe what she is saying is fundamentally funny but ultimately its just not funny it's really sad. Now I felt bad about thinking this so maybe someone could talk some sense into me on this.
                                                                                        She's been on a few years now. I initially assumed I'd get used to her way of speaking after a while, much like you do with Scottish people. Hasn't happened though.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

No equality means people with equal ability shouldn’t be prevented from opportunities due to irrelevant factors like skin colour/sex/sexual orientation. etc. things that have no impact on your ability do a job, to be a newsreader/lawyer/milkman etc. it doesn’t mean give every part of a society a small piece of every job just to fill quotas. Would you encourage nightclubs to hire more people in wheelchairs as bouncers?

Comment

I've seen her on Dara O'Briain's show and she's no less funny and just about as intelligible as the average comic they have on it.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Can’t tell if you’re taking the piss here or not
                                                                                                for a start blindness isn’t an ethnicity

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

No equality means people with equal ability shouldn’t be prevented from opportunities due to irrelevant factors like skin colour/sex/sexual orientation. etc. things that have no impact on your ability do a job, to be a newsreader/lawyer/milkman etc. it doesn’t mean give every part of a society a small piece of every job just to fill quotas. Would you encourage nightclubs to hire more people in wheelchairs as bouncers?
                                                                                                  Equality for all i say. We should do IPB equality for all submissions. I'll start with a few I'm familiar from here....

SICKPUPPY for Taoiseach / HJ for Tanaiste
                                                                                                  jbravado for Central Bank Governor
                                                                                                  PSV for IRFU CEO
                                                                                                  RDIII for the top job at Bord Iascaigh Mhara
                                                                                                  Last edited by Dice75; 16-07-20, 08:22.

Comment

All those panel shows like mock the week are absolutely terrible, you can tell all the comedians loath each other also. Current batch amid British comedians are very unlikeable

Comment

Speaking of rugby haven’t enjoyed a podcast recently as much as the second captains one I heard yesterday with Shane Horgan about how fucked rugby is due to the pandemic. Really heartwarming stuff

Comment

Not taking the piss, it was two separate sentences.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

No equality means people with equal ability shouldn’t be prevented from opportunities due to irrelevant factors like skin colour/sex/sexual orientation. etc. things that have no impact on your ability do a job, to be a newsreader/lawyer/milkman etc.
                                                                                                          Nope, that's a very narrow view on equality, narrow to the point of being incorrect.

Comment

Just catching up on news for first time in a week or so.

Clearly someone had the goods on Cowen (who seems to be the kind of tool who is excellent at making enemies) and had the discipline to sit and wait in the long grass until the most optimal moment to make the kompromat public.

WP sir (or madam). A classic political knifing. Which also makes FF look like the clueless amateurs they so evidently are. Perfect.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                              I'd take that.
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                All those panel shows like mock the week are absolutely terrible, you can tell all the comedians loath each other also. Current batch amid British comedians are very unlikeable
                                                                                                                I always think the opposite, seems to me to be genuine camaraderie between lots of them.
                                                                                                                Coupled with genuine amazement that they can move their shtick via about 15 different shows on BBC2, C4 and Dave and earn a fortune in the process.
                                                                                                                Give an example of a few who hate each other, and I'll look out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

I used to work in their building out in Dun Laoghaire and I was always in awe of the head man there, the absolute stone cold nuts of a cushy number.

Wasn't just the CEO, he was a very impressive guy but there were a dozen of other fckrs coming in out of the place with an air of smugness and self satisfaction that only comes from that feeling of having already died and gone to heaven

Comment

Nope, that's a very narrow view on equality, narrow to the point of being incorrect.
                                                                                                                    You views are admirable and yet you can insult in total ignorance yourself. It just dont add up Mr Jelly.

Save the verbage . The likes of me have a great memory :-p

Comment

Was wondering how long it would take for you to ride into the thread on horseback, fully suited up in a new shiny suit of armour, ready to leave these shores to fight a battle in a foreign country many miles away.

Sticking my penis in a cheese grater seems uncomfortable to me - Would that be equality for my mickey or the cheese grater or both?

Comment

Why are you so concerned about social justice? I'm not saying its a bad thing but it went from nearly none of your posts to nearly all your posts now?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I always think the opposite, seems to me to be genuine camaraderie between lots of them.
                                                                                                                          Coupled with genuine amazement that they can move their shtick via about 15 different shows on BBC2, C4 and Dave and earn a fortune in the process.
                                                                                                                          Give an example of a few who hate each other, and I'll look out for it.
                                                                                                                          Rarely enough I watch it but will stay on the channel when Milton Jones is on and I always got the feeling that the rest of them don't engage with his as they do with each other. I suppose its a very different type of comedy mostly because he's actually funny!

When Paul Merton started doing Just a Minute on radio in the 90's I got a strong feeling, something very uncharacteristic of the programme, of real animosity between him and Clement Freud. I thought it might have been that Merton wasn't long in coming to absolutely own the show except the snipes were usually more biting when directed from Merton to Freud. Turns out after he died that there were a number of sinister clouds hanging around Sir Clement so I assume Merton had seen through his layers of bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X