Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowan was probably too pissed to remember doing a runner from the checkpoint
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I work in a factory making plastic Dracula statues. There are only two of us on the line.

I make every second count.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Nearly attacked by this fucker earlier. Think I'll eat inside next time

Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

They have known who the vandal was for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Hard to see Johnny Depp losing this case at the moment. Kinda glad to see that, as his movie druggy harmless persona seems quite realistic so far.
              Interesting turn

Comment

ha, so it seems the council aren't actually as stupid as they look.

Scorn not his simplicity but rather try to love him all the more. - the defence rests .

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  They have known who the vandal was for some time.
                  It was my brother Sylvest

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                    I work in a factory making plastic Dracula statues. There are only two of us on the line.

I make every second count.
                    Do vampire parents tell their children not to run with a wooden stake?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Sigh... more business men making music. As if Spotify shitting over recorded music and Covid-19 pissing on live music wasn't enough.
                        What do you make of this kind of stuff?

https://marker.medium.com/the-man-wh...g-75df0024155b

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/new...perty-1025898/

Valuations seem crazy to me. Spotify revenue was 6.7bn last year, worldwide royalties were 10bn. Unless there's a massive paradigm shift it's tough to see this working out.

Comment

Dunno if this tip is any good but worth a watch for the Pronunciation of pods name alone

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

It was my brother Sylvest
                            That the brother with an arm like a leg ?
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

That the brother with an arm like a leg ?
                              Yep , lives in Italy now. He walked there.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Valuations seem crazy to me. Spotify revenue was 6.7bn last year, worldwide royalties were 10bn. Unless there's a massive paradigm shift it's tough to see this working out.
                                TBH I can see where they those new IP businesses are coming from. It's risky yes and the valuations seem high now BUT I think bands and record companies have traditionally been rather shortsighted and this is a much longer play, monetising catalogues hard over many decades with a much broader vision of where the opportunities might be.

And I don't really have a problem with that for bands/artists which are big business.

The main risks I'd highlight is that the ubiquity which will come from putting their images and songs in places they traditionally may not have been will dilute their cache (in the west) and they won't get anything near the return they might think they will from 'emerging' markets in the east.

Might be another case of Guy Hands catastrophic takeover of EMI a decade ago but this move seems different. It's music industry insiders trying to disrupt with a near bottomless pit of cash.

The challenge will be to get the revenue streams robust enough before the money runs out and/or the often very fickle world of celebrity/entertainment either pushes back against the prices or something like another global recession/depression (or something like cancel culture) create an insurmountable structural shift.

Comment

Fascinating read.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

“There’s a Fontaines DC 12-inch,” Sean says.
                                    “I need that,” Mercuriadis replies.

I've been wondering recently where have all the great songwriters gone, he's buying up the arse end of the catalog IMO.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Yer drunk , yer drunk you silly ol fool still you cannot see , that's a plate of grub that me mammy made for tea.

Comment

Comment

Bros new apt in London, "converted police station", lol. Must call over for a jacuzzi bath...
                                            https://www.chestertons.com/en-gb/pr...park/bps200044

Must be able to get a great spot here for that price too though?
                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 14-07-20, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                              Bros new apt in London, "converted police station", lol. Must call over for a jacuzzi bath...
                                              https://www.chestertons.com/en-gb/pr...park/bps200044

Must be able to get a great spot here for that price too though?
                                              lovely spot but public transport (other than buses) is inexistent there

Comment

Comment

I think, like me, my bro walks everywhere. Suppose you'd take a bus or walk through the park to the tube if need be. I do like how handy my other bro in London has it, he's in Stockwell so a few minutes into town on the tube if you want.

Comment

Comment

Rented the spoilered for about the same price. I think your bro won this round! Man Dublin accommodation is so shite. Think it's quite large though - about 95sqm - although weirdly the letting agent had no idea what size it was, which is surely the first piece of info you'd have on hand.

SPOILER
                                                      https://touch.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-newpark-newtown-avenue-blackrock-co-dublin/2523045
                                                      Yeah actually even more similar price since he haggled to £2230. Tbh I see so many great looking places in London that accom here is depressing. Everywhere my friends or brothers live there is always much nicer than any place I've lived. I keep an eye on apartments there out of interest if I move, and there are a hell of a lot of quality ones.

It's strange how often the size is missing from ads here. That's large, his is 78.
                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 14-07-20, 12:16.

Comment

Rented the spoilered for about the same price. I think your bro won this round! Man Dublin accommodation is so shite. Think it's quite large though - about 95sqm - although weirdly the letting agent had no idea what size it was, which is surely the first piece of info you'd have on hand.

SPOILER
                                                        https://touch.daft.ie/for-rent/apartment-newpark-newtown-avenue-blackrock-co-dublin/2523045
                                                        once you're there it's a lot easier to find nicer places. you'll see that the people who go to that school move around a lot so there are a good few houses in the neighborhood which come on the market every year come the end of June, so keep an eye out for who is leaving the school

Comment

ha, so it seems the council aren't actually as stupid as they look.

A man in his 40s. What the fuck? I could accept kids and teenagers taking the piss but a fully grown adult...why?
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Comment

Comment

If this report from Kings saying covid immunity is time limited is true its going to be a fairly bleak winter
                                                                https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...study-suggests
                                                                I think mentally preparing for a second period of lockdown (particularly if you live in an urban part of the country) is prudent.
                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                  That the auctioneer went to the bother of taking a close up of the brushed aluminium sign but didn't bother wiping the mank off it is a deal breaker for me.

Comment

I think I had that same couch + kitchen and chairs in a place I rented. Although you've been spared the Jack Vettriano prints that seemed to be in every place.

It's like every landlord went to the same shop back in the boom times.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                      Such a lucky thing that you love vehicular traffic so much
                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                        When the jacks start to give trouble gimme a shout (if they havent, they will)

Comment

Comment

That is insane money. I got so lucky buying in 2011. The difference between my mortgage and that apartment is significantly more than it costs to a run a plane!

Comment

...

Comment

Heh. They were all around that: €2000 for a crappy two bed. €2200 for a standard. Maybe it's just the area? Sure I suppose we'll just be swapping it for an equivalent mortgage in a year, so can suck it up for 12 months. Maybe spend the last few months of the academic year in France to save a few grand. 2011 was such a good year to buy in fairness.
                                                                                How much of a mortgage would €2k a month get someone these days?

Edit- just looked instead of being lazy. Interest rates not too bad really.
                                                                                Last edited by Dice75; 14-07-20, 17:53.

Comment

Question for ye in the know please?

WheN sOMeoNe WriTes soMeThiNg lIKe ThiS DoEs IT MEaN SomEThiNG?

Comment

Is there a reason why apartments in Ireland are always furnished? The furniture you get always looks like garbage. 2,400 a month and look at the table and chairs, the stool and high table in the kitchen, if you were giving them away the person taking it would ask you drop it off as it's not worth the cost of the petrol.

Comment

As a culchie who has only lived in D6/D6W and hasn't lived in the city for 8 years now, thats just depressing.
                                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

YEaH I Am pISsED
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

current equivalent of "hurr durr, I'm a retard"
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The caps are the real message.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

YEaH I Am pISsED
                                                                                              If you've had your fill of porter, And you can't go any further
                                                                                              Give your man the order: "Back to the Quay!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                  Is there a reason why apartments in Ireland are always furnished? The furniture you get always looks like garbage. 2,400 a month and look at the table and chairs, the stool and high table in the kitchen, if you were giving them away the person taking it would ask you drop it off as it's not worth the cost of the petrol.
                                                                                                  It'd rare to unfurnished alright. I remember I was looking at a 1b that was 1600+ish maybe 5 years ago. And the main table was a pallet.

*looking at the agent*
                                                                                                  "Any chance of getting a real table?"
                                                                                                  " I thought that was cool and hip"
                                                                                                  "eh..."

Comment

...

Comment

Actually I was going to ask them to ship it away. Hopefully that's a thing you can do?
                                                                                                      Probably charge you storage/removal/cost of furniture fee. I've never rented in Ireland so not sure but do look at my potential options back in Dublin from time to time and just accept I'll stay in Canada

Comment

Comment

Since my father got back from A&E the other night he's been telling anyone who'll listen that they took out his kidney, he's more convincing than Trump is about passing his dementia test.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 14-07-20, 19:31.

Comment

...

Comment

Since my father got back from A&E the other night he's been telling anyone who'll listen that they took out his kidney, he's more convincing than Trump is about passing his dementia test.

Run!!

Comment

Cowen sacked. Is that a record for the shortest time as a minister?

Comment

...

Comment

Some people/places are just weird. Was in Tesco in Wicklow town earlier. Pretty sure I was the only one wearing a mask(or one of the very few anyway) and got a few weird looks alright

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Cowen sacked. Is that a record for the shortest time as a minister?
                                                                                                                      Jim McDaid lasted a day...

Comment

Wonder where the guard who leaked Cowen stuff is from
                                                                                                                        whiff of the Mayo deep state about the whole thing

Comment

The wife's boss (maybe around 50-55 years old - I mention the age to indicate its a sensible age) was saying she was back in the West of Ireland over the weekend visiting her extremely ill parents that she hasnt be able to see in a few months due to lockdown and all her brothers and sisters, same age range, were making fun of her fancy Dublin ways of wearing a mask. Wtf. She's most definitely not prone to exaggeration, so either she has a weird family or that whole part of the world is weird. Why would you make fun of someone wearing a mask??!
                                                                                                                          I've been in tralee for the last three and a half weeks and anecdotally I've noticed a sharp increase in the number of people wearing masks over that period of time.

Honestly I was half rolling my eyes about it a few weeks ago but have taken to having one in my pocket to put on in busy shops over the last week or so. I do it for the sake of other people's peace of mind pretty much.

The messaging around it in Ireland has been extremely wishy washy. When you consider most places west of the Shannon have had basically no cases throughout the pandemic I don't think it's too surprising that it's taken Dubs turning up with COVID to have infection parties to get the plain people of the west to start wearing masks in light of the fact that they've literally just now decided to make a bit of thing about it for people taking the DART.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X