• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, this is brilliant...

​​​​​​
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Mary Lou is Sinn Fein leader . I doubt anyone told her she HAD to be there . I'd say it's in her DNA to WANT to be there .

Comment

Wow

definitely one area that we should seek to copy our British neighbours in
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Wow

It'd be great to see something like that happen here.
          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Wow

Always bring to mind that famous sentence - "Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo" (and the rest of the buffalos as well).

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Always bring to mind that famous sentence - "Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo" (and the rest of the buffalos as well).
              Not that famous is it?
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Not that famous is it?
                If a sentence has it's own wikipedia page it's pretty famous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffal...uffalo_buffalo

Comment

Wow

I used to stay in a cabin in the giant forest in amsterdam, was really cool to see the wild cows living there. Not so cool to see the snakes.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Doesn't the Tayto guy have a buffalo farm? I do realise there is a difference between wild and farmed animals, but maybe its just a case of leaving the gate open and hoping they don't go on a stampede through Tayto Park on their way out.
                      Hmm...

download (1).jpeg

Comment

Was just looking up the architecture person we both have a mild distaste for. Someone was berating me yesterday because she has apparently 'researched 1000s of buildings'. Seems she has no PhD and never published any research. I'm not saying either of those are particularly important for knowing something, but her perspective is meant to be research expertise.
                        The only supporting research I've ever seen her post is her own Irish Times article.

Someone was making the point the other day that certain people were all for co-living when it was poetry reciting communes, but now they think co-living is subhuman inhospitable hell.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I did know someone who did a bit of soldering for them and I got to see what the outcome of their electronics projects was.

Genuinely think that the way this funeral was run is a huge moment and should open the eyes of anyone who was codded into thinking that the political leadership of SF have any power.
                            Not surprised the fellow travellers have nothing to say about it, denial is a difficult thing to deal with.
                            I assume you were equally outraged about https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-39303602.html or would that not fit your agenda??

Comment

I know it’s the guardian but this article about institutional racism in medecin san frontiere rings pretty true

quote “There was an “almost suffocating” white saviour mentality,” , Color me surprised.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just seen one of these vans for the first time ever. Not the sex service I was expecting from the name

MEN-IN-KILTS-826380.jpg

Comment

That cunt Monty's dahlias have already flowered. Need a few dry days here!

Comment

Caen: amusement park is called 'Festyland' and the beaches are good. There's also a really good WW2 museum but kids won't care.

Granville is I think where you access the D Day beaches but again kids won't give a shite.

Comment

Caen: amusement park is called 'Festyland' and the beaches are good. There's also a really good WW2 museum but kids won't care.

Granville is I think where you access the D Day beaches but again kids won't give a shite.
                                          Who gives a fuck what kids think until they're about 12? Like they'll remember any of the sacrifices you've made for them. To paraphrase Tony S ' It may be 2020 out there, but it's still 1970 in here'.

Comment

Comment

That cunt Monty's dahlias have already flowered. Need a few dry days here!
                                              I have some flowering for a few weeks now, its a bit dark for a pic will try tomorrow.
                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 10-07-20, 22:03.
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                I know it’s the guardian but this article about institutional racism in medecin san frontiere rings pretty true

quote “There was an “almost suffocating” white saviour mentality,” , Color me surprised.

It rings pretty true because it confirms your biases

Comment

Had a difficult day where I got bounced against my better judgement into having my father who was a bit more confused than usual and a bit lethargic than usual admitted to hospital. When he left in the ambulance it was clear that he wasn't going to be coming home again because once he's admitted to hospital the homecare package he is on will be cancelled and then he would only be discharged to a nursing home. That is on the agenda for the medium term but the only place we are comfortable for him to go to is still not accepting people after a terrible covid outbreak and I'm worried that we could end up having to go to wherever is available as hospital will want him out sooner rather than later.
                                                  After 7 hours waiting to see a doc it ended up that he came back to himself , not a thing wrong with him that they can improve in hospital so most unexpectedly the A&E consultant doesn't want to admit him and was ordering up an ambulance to send him home. That's great but then I got caught in a standoff between homecare and the hospital. Hospital don't do covid tests in A&E , only for admitted patients and homecare won't come back to anyone who has been in hospital unless they have a negative test result. In fairness that sounds like a reasonable position and appears to be backed up by hse policy. Hospital were having none of it and it took a while for them to agree to do the swab in A&E so all going well he'll be coming back tomorrow!

Comment

What's the difference between an old transport depot and a crab with breast implants?

SPOILER
                                                    One's a crusty bus station...

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

If a sentence has it's own wikipedia page it's pretty famous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffal...uffalo_buffalo
                                                      What did the buffalo patents say when their first born male was leaving home for university?

SPOILER
                                                      Bison
                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Put em under pressure.

Comment

I see Fontaines DC are back with a new album and lathers of accidental Partridge:

"Some people feel that we were speaking on behalf of Dublin when we wrote Dogrel. The album is influenced by Dublin, but I don’t feel like I’ve any licence to speak for Ireland"

"We wanted to capture the underbelly of LA, but what we had was too polished."

Lol. Lisa Simpson goes to rock school.

Big Jack is turning in his grave.

Comment

We've the ferry back booked for August 20th and will probably be leaving the house a few days beforehand, so thinking of spending a few days somewhere near Cherbourg. Have it narrowed down to either Granville (optimistically called by itself 'the Monaco of the North'), Bayeux (of tapestry fame), or Caen (as there's a dinky amusement park there that might keep the kids entertained). I'm fully aware of the rule that nothing good has ever happened in Normandy, but has anyone spent any time in any of those places and would recommend or not recommend? Bayeux strikes me as the classic potential one-trick pony, with a tapestry that is probably as dull as the book of kells and where every shop and cafe will likely be tapestry themed. Although from the photos it looks quite nice. Caen looks a bit happening but ordinary. Granville looks not up to much but is highly recommended on the regional touristic bodies which tend to put their best foot forward in where they recommend going.
                                                              I'd move an hour further west and stay in St malo. It really is a lovely place. We're staying there in August for a week then also taking the ferry from cherbourg

Comment

Week 4 of my music making journal: https://medium.com/@daraghthomas/we-...f5b36bb238cd3d

Comment

Comment

Giles and Dunphy on radio 1 this morn is great listening.

Comment

You gotta hand it to Trump, he really does not give a fuck.

Comment

You gotta hand it to Trump, he really does not give a fuck.
                                                                        He's been murdering his own citizens for the last few months in between increasingly racist rhetoric. Compared to all of that pardoning his criminal friends is nothing.

Comment

Comment

Gonna let this bad boy dry age for 6 weeks if I can withstand the temptation.

IMG_20200711_150733.jpg IMG_20200711_152114.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

He's been murdering his own citizens for the last few months in between increasingly racist rhetoric. Compared to all of that pardoning his criminal friends is nothing.
                                                                              Has he been disguised with the peaceful protestors looting rioting and destroying statues blm my hole.

Comment

It's almost impressive how you both managed to construct a sentence so badly, and have the content so entirely out of touch with reality.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  Gonna let this bad boy dry age for 6 weeks if I can withstand the temptation.

IMG_20200711_150733.jpg IMG_20200711_152114.jpg
                                                                                  That one of the umai bags ?

Got myself a pellet grill today, 600KM round trip, up past Drogheda to collect it, but serious bargain second hand.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Impressive commitment! Not exactly Umai bag but same principle. Got them from Holland.

Comment

...

Comment

At about 40% in the WSOP investment of a lifetime thread. Dice is lining up a card savant who will we call for now Player X to bring the loots home. Get involved here.

Comment

Playing these silk road Mirco qualifiers on GG ranging from $1-10 tourneys for tickets into bigger WSOP events. The only ticket I have shipped so far is to the opening $400 PLO event from a $3 one. I can count on one hand the number of times I have played PLO. Pretty sure that tourney was my first ever PLO tourney. That should be a fun tourney!
                                                                                          Last edited by Opr; 11-07-20, 22:02.

Comment

He looks like he's after losing weight

Comment

...

Comment

Suppose it's time to call a halt to this all and head on home.

Plans are underway to get home permanently, herself is having our first, am done with the Brits. Anyone selling any houses in Kimmage?

Comment

...
                                                                                                  The man who fell was 50-years-old and visiting the Costa del Sol from England, according to reports.

Comment

I know it's kinda a holiday habit for Brits to fall out of hotels, but the poor lad at the bottom sitting down having a beer and pondering what he wants to do tomorrow.

​​​​​​
                                                                                                    They probably had underlying conditions

Comment

Taking 3 kids down to Cork and have imposed an electronics ban for the holiday in the aspirational hope that we will do lots of family stuff. I'd say this will go well.

Comment

Happy 12th July to you. You know who you are .

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post

Has he been disguised with the peaceful protestors looting rioting and destroying statues blm my hole.
                                                                                                          I don't understand any of this except the racist bit at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

I don't understand any of this except the racist bit at the end.
                                                                                                            Classic case of auto correctitis I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Classic case of auto correctitis I'd say.
                                                                                                              Don't make allowances for an illiterate racist.

Comment

Maybe Mick meant 'blow my hole' writing his poem.

Has he been disguised?

With the peaceful protestors looting.

Rioting and destroying.

Statues blow my hole.

Last edited by Lazare; 12-07-20, 10:43.

Comment

So it turns out that Trump did make one genuinely impressive political achievement.

Hopefully that stat points towards his hijacking of the republican party not being able to recover from him. A Trump dynasty in Washington for decades is too awful to contemplate.
                                                                                                                  ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

Where did you get it and exactly how are you ageing it? Looks like a cube roll?
                                                                                                                    I got it in Higgins' in Sutton. I'm aging it in a type of bags that are basically one way valves for moisture. Guga Foods on YouTube uses them a lot with great results. It's a ribeye without the cap which I think is the same as a cube roll? I'm still a bit green when it comes to the names for everything.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Wow can that really be right that it's so one-sided in terms of voting? I would have assumed that one of those famous 1930s/40s presidents was republican. Ah wait, what about Reagan?

Edit: okay get it now. I guess a Nixon / Bush was a VP during 1980s, 1930s/40s.
                                                                                                                          No Republican won from 1932 until 1952 (Ike with Tricky Dicky).

I want to call foul though. 1928 was a GOP win (Hoover) and his running mate was not a Bush\Nixon...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X