• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
    Had an angio in Jan Hitch
    Fasttracked after an ECG anomaly

Then stress test on treadmill
    Nurse..Neil can you come take a look at this (concerned tone)
    Doctor Neil.."oh hes gone into a left bundle (block) and looking towards me
    Me..a pair of raised eyebrows indicating "please go on"
    Doc..did you play a lot of sports when you were younger
    Me.."what do you mean younger I still do"

They take me off treadmill and straight into ultrasound
    Had a left handed junior doctor trying to hold the ultra scope thingy and use the keyboard with his right hand
    He had 4 doctors in to look at my heart culminating in a senior Cardio who just looked and kept saying " yes yes beautiful Aortas beautiful"
    My fucking Aortas were packing their bags ready to leave with the smooth bastard.

It was an unusual experience but I've had a a laugh over it many times since.

Hope you get a laugh out of that Hitch.

You'll be fine.

Talking of stress test. Came home to find an appointment for one on the 15th July! and says to take someone with me. I am glad though I have lost a good bit of weight since my last one, but trying to run when you are on betablockers is a tough gig.

What was the outcome of your experience?

Comment

start a new coaching gig on monday, hve to get a test before hand, 2/3rds of the testing sites(80% were free tests) are now closed here in dallas. They will be back online middle of next week. only places doing free ones are two pharmacy chains and then all the private urgent care and clinics which i paid $150 for. thats one way of reducing the figures, purely coincidental i'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Dear Mr Surname First Name

I mean, who does that?
        Either a sloppy mail merge or an Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I have my phone so the view is out the window, where, bizzarrely enough there is quite a large palm tree in the garden.

Good conversation piece when people look closely, do a double-take, and then can't contain their curiosity and have to ask WTF a palm tree is doing in Ireland.
          Taking my working from the beach to the next level in the Bahamas

Comment

I heard Happiness is a Warm Gun by The Beatles for the first time today. What a chorus!

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
              Succumbed to the bike wankers elete, and brought myself a 700 euro bike today . Should pay for itself after 35 weeks and after that will be saving roughly 20 euros a week.

Not a bad investment if I can keep it safe from being robbed. Perfect time to get one to be honest with the less traffic on the roads.
              Pics or GTFO.
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

Talking of stress test. Came home to find an appointment for one on the 15th July! and says to take someone with me. I am glad though I have lost a good bit of weight since my last one, but trying to run when you are on betablockers is a tough gig.

What was the outcome of your experience?

Arteries were fine..the doc who did the angio had no other info other than that. Apparently during a stress test he was saying about 15% of people go into a left bundle block.
                Angio itself was grand , they give you a mild sedative so no discomfort.
                You go through so many stages before you get to Angio and frustratingly answer the same questions over and over but there is no sum up at the end. He just said go back to your GP, could be your lungs.
                The reason I went in was had difficulty getting a breath with bad headache and pulse was erratic (happened twice before)
                ECG had anomaly so they had a concern.

My family and I have autoimmune problems too so it could be related to that.
                Sister has a gene that is so rare she is the only documented person in Europe to have it. Her doctors were all excited about it (cant say she was too enamored with the situation!)
                Cant remember the name of it (letter and number)

I was thinking that if you have a gene that rare that screws you up surely there should be some compensatory super powers
                Come to think of it I have developed a fondness for black masks and an urge to fight crime!

Hope all goes well for you Mrs FD

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                  start a new coaching gig on monday, hve to get a test before hand, 2/3rds of the testing sites(80% were free tests) are now closed here in dallas. They will be back online middle of next week. only places doing free ones are two pharmacy chains and then all the private urgent care and clinics which i paid $150 for. thats one way of reducing the figures, purely coincidental i'm sure
                  Update on this, the daily figures just released for texas. It is a big place but

"Today, Texas reports 6,975 more confirmed cases of COVID-19. A new single day record in Texas. The previous 7 days:
                  Monday - 4,288
                  Sunday - 5,357
                  Saturday - 5,742
                  Friday - 5,707
                  Thursday - 5,996.
                  Wed. - 5,551
                  Tue. - 5,489"

6500+ in hospital as well

Also there was a protest about the closing of bars before 4th of July. Slogan adopted is "Bar Lives Matter"
                  Last edited by Trippie; 02-07-20, 00:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post

Update on this, the daily figures just released for texas. It is a big place but

"Today, Texas reports 6,975 more confirmed cases of COVID-19. A new single day record in Texas. The previous 7 days:
                    Monday - 4,288
                    Sunday - 5,357
                    Saturday - 5,742
                    Friday - 5,707
                    Thursday - 5,996.
                    Wed. - 5,551
                    Tue. - 5,489"

6500+ in hospital as well

Also there was a protest about the closing of bars before 4th of July. Slogan adopted is "Bar Lives Matter"
                    Don't mess with Texas, I feel a bar of this is warranted:

Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 02-07-20, 04:40.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This is good because it's true . 1 minute read if you match the intended frenetic pace of the writer

Dear Diary June 30th 2020 Edition:
                      In January, Australia caught on fire. I don’t even know if that fire was put out, because we straight up almost went to war with Iran. We might actually still be almost at war with them. I don’t know, because Jen Aniston and Brad Pitt spoke to one another at an awards show and everyone flipped out, but then Netflix released Cheers and everyone fell in love with Jerry, but then there was thing happening in China, then Prince Harry and Megan peaced out of the Royal family, and there was the whole impeachment trial, and then corona virus showed up in the US “officially,” but then Kobe died and UK peaced out of the European Union. And someone had a great idea to stand up all the brooms which is really how all of this might have started.
                      In February, Iowa crapped itself with the caucus results and the president was acquitted and the Speaker of the House took ten years to rip up a speech, but then WHO decided to give this virus a name COVID-19, which confused some really important people in charge of, like, our lives, into thinking there were 18 other versions before it, but then Harvey Weinstein was found guilty, and Americans started asking if Corona beer was safe to drink, and everyone on Facebook became a doctor who just knew the flu like killed way more people than COVID 1 through 18.
                      In March, shit hit the fan. Warren dropped out of the presidential race and Sanders was like Bernie or bust, but then Italy shut its whole ass down, and then COVID Not 1 through 18 officially become what everyone already realized, a pandemic and then a nationwide state of emergency was declared in US, but it didn’t really change anything, so everyone was confused or thought it was still just a flu, but then COVID Not 18 was like ya’ll not taking me seriously? I’m gonna infect the one celebrity everyone loves and totally infected Tom Hanks, but then the DOW took a shit on itself, and most of us still don’t understand why the stock market is so important or even a thing(I still don’t), but then we were all introduced to Tiger King. (Carol totally killed her husband), and Netflix was like you’re welcome, and we all realized there was no way we were washing our hands enough in the first place because all of our hands are now dry and gross.
                      In April, Bernie finally busted himself out of the presidential race, but then NYC became the set of The Walking Dead and we learn that no one has face masks, ventilators, or toilet paper, or THE GOD DAMN SWIFTER WET JET LIQUID, but then Kim Jong-Un died, but then he came back to life… or did he? Who knows, because then the Pentagon released videos of UFOs, and we were like man, it’s only April….
                      In May, the biblical end times kicked off historical locust swarms and then we learned of murder hornets and realized that 2020 was the start of the Hunger Games but people forgot to let us know, but then people legit protested lockdown measures with AR-15s, and then sports events were cancelled everywhere, Everyone finished the end of Netflix and now had nothing new to watch on TV. But then people all over America finally reached a breaking point with race issues and violence. There were protests in every city, but then people totes forgot about the pandemic called COVID Not One Through 18. Media struggled with how to focus on two important things at once, but then people in general struggle to focus on more than one important thing, and a dead whale was found in the middle of the Amazon rain forest after monkeys stole COVID 1 Through 19 from a lab and ran off with them, and either in May or April (no one is keeping track of time now) that a giant asteroid narrowly missed earth.
                      In June, science and common sense just got thrown straight out the window and somehow wearing masks became a political thing, but then a whole lot of people realized the south was actually the most unpatriotic thing ever and actually lost the civil war, and there is a large amount of people who feel that statues they don’t even know the name of are needed for … history reasons, but then everyone sort of remembered there was a pandemic, but then decided that not wearing a mask was somehow a god given right (still haven't found that part in the bible or even in the constitution), but then scientists announced they found a mysterious undiscovered mass at the center of the earth, and everyone was like DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH IT, but then everyone took a pause to realize that people actually believed Gone With The Wind was like non-fiction, but then it was also announced that there is a strange radio single coming from somewhere in the universe that repeats itself every so many days, and everyone was like DON’T YOU DARE ATTEMPT TO COMMUNICATE WITH. IT, but then America reopened from the shut down that actually wasn’t even a shut down, and so far, things have gone spectacularly not that great, but everyone is on Facebook arguing that masks kill because no one knows how breathing works, but then Florida was like hold my beer and let me show you how we’re number one in all things, including new Not Corona Beer Corona Virus, Trump decides now is a good time to ask the Supreme Court to shut down Obama Care because what better time to do so than in the middle of a pandemic, but then we learned there was a massive dust cloud coming straight at us from the Sahara Desert, which is totally normal, but this is 2020, so the ghost mummy thing is most likely in that dust cloud, but then I learned of meth-gators, and I'm like that is so not on my fucking 2020 Bingo card, but then we learned that the Congo's worst ever Ebola outbreak is over, and we were all like, there was an Ebola outbreak that was the worst ever?
                      And tomorrow is July ......

Comment

I really hope this is a true story.
                        multi tweet thread

Last edited by Micknail; 02-07-20, 09:06.
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Liverpool supporters kicking off outside Anfield, arrests made, police chief, 'its a disgrace, I'm not having this every 30 years'

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                            multi tweet thread

Read that yesterday - doesn't ring true as it going on, and on IMHO Pity as truely hilarious!

Comment

What is it?
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

He seems to have deleted his twitter? Was half way through and now it's not there.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                  multi tweet thread

Its fake as a fake thing but I have a suspicion that there is more to it than meets the eye

The whole thing felt badly scripted in the genre of stuff like the guy who makes a career about writing letters about parking fines and dumb facebook threads accosting people and annoying them with stupid messages.
                                  Would be interesting to know was it setup by remainers or brexiteers
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You'll get an idea of it here

Comment

Yesterday I was merely thinking about doing headstands to improve my back posture and then trying one against the door (although I’ve found a miraculous great exercise to ease the spasms) and within minutes on Google I got spammed about this headstand chair that you can buy. WTF they can read my mind now or watching me trying to do a headstand. Really what are the odds?

Comment

I never expected that datacamp would be the next thing to get cancell

Comment

Is this what social media does to people in respect of credulity? That Twitter Brexit thing linked was ridiculously obviously fake.

Comment

Where’s the link?

Comment

https://www.rte.ie/news/us/2020/0702...laine-maxwell/
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

https://www.rte.ie/news/us/2020/0702...laine-maxwell/
                                                  wowsers. I genuinely had the exact same thought but obviously wouldn't post it on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    I never expected that datacamp would be the next thing to get cancell
                                                    What's that m8?
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

What's that m8?
                                                      The CEO drunkenly grinded on a female instructor in 2017, Datacamp mishandled the whole thing, so now Datacamp is suing Rstudio. Or something.

Comment

Comment

Nightmare result Dobby, bad time for 'Pool minus 20' to have an everything goes wrong night.

Comment

Klopp out

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                              Nightmare result Dobby, bad time for 'Pool minus 20' to have an everything goes wrong night.
                                                              Be grand. Still 20 clear. 20 is good.

Comment

That who do you think you are show is just marvellous

Comment

Comment

James Lindsay on Rogan was fucking fantastic. I'm being bombarded with kafka traps at my place of employment at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtNW3I1FZ5o

[youtube]FtNW3I1FZ5o[/youtube]

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Found morphine to be no good at all. Quite horrible really. Like who would want to be high in a very uncertain environment - jusr freaks you out more. Using a nice balance of pharaceutamol and xanax and it's working wonders instead. Was expecting some sort of morphine nirvana from the way folks spoke about it.
                                                                      Glad to hear everything has been going good Hitch, have you had a "movement" yet ?

Sit up as much as possible, laying down is no good for you. paracetamol and Difene up the bum was the only pain medication i had if i recall...oh how i looked forward to that difene...lol

Did they replace or repair the valve ?
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

James Lindsay on Rogan was fucking fantastic. I'm being bombarded with kafka traps at my place of employment at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtNW3I1FZ5o
                                                                        Let me guess, a right-wing propagandist moaning about social justice that confirmed all of your pre-existing biases.

Comment

What are you being accused of?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Let me guess, a right-wing propagandist moaning about social justice that confirmed all of your pre-existing biases.
                                                                            Did you mean to say "A centre left critic of dangerous far left ideology" m8?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                              Fortitude

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Fortitude
                                                                                Unbelievable that he was dealing with what must have been a clear progression in her condition over the last few months, something they were aware was likely to come but now... Oh man!

Comment

Found morphine to be no good at all. Quite horrible really. Like who would want to be high in a very uncertain environment - jusr freaks you out more. Using a nice balance of pharaceutamol and xanax and it's working wonders instead. Was expecting some sort of morphine nirvana from the way folks spoke about it.

You can say what you like about Hitch..agree with him or disagree with him, love him or loathe him but....

His hearts in the right place.

Comment

you're doing it wrong. keep pressing that button till you pass into dreamland, then you don't really care where you are

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Perfectly normal to have emotions all over the place, your body has been through a rollercoaster and the feeling of being hit by a bus all at the same time. Expect to be balling your eyes out at Friends reruns...lol

Brain fuzz is a very common side affect of the bypass machine.

Get moving around and do the breathing exercises the physio shows you.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

yeah rennes don't have no button! Surgeon came down yesterday to check up, and he was saying to insist to the nurses that you want to be full to the gills with morphine at all times, no exceptions. Suggested a tension between what surgeons consider and what nurses do. Incal is great btw.
                                                                                            ah right. Here after surgery you get a few days of self medication where you press the button to your heart's content. one dose just gets you sluggish without any real purpose

Glad you like it. there are lots of other connected spin off series as well if you want ("Before the incal" is amazing, which is his story before he found the incal)

Comment

Did you mean to say "A centrist critic of dangerous far left ideology" m8?
                                                                                              No, because in that context far left actually just means respect for minorities rights and a rejection of nationalist beliefs. The term far left is used by the far right to discredit anyone they happen to disagree with.

Comment

No, because in that context far left actually just means respect for minorities rights and a rejection of nationalist beliefs. The term far left is used by the far right to discredit anyone they happen to disagree with.
                                                                                                who's our Irish far left\far right?

just so I know who to hang my labels on
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I know you're not going to watch it but he eloquently explains why you're wrong

Comment

Not sure we have any. Fine Gael are practically communists. I suppose Gemma O'D and her buddies are the closest thing to a far right we have.

Comment

I watched the first 30 minuted of it but to be fair to HJ the guy didn't come across as someone who leans centre-left at all. He also talked about trolling 'woke' liberals on twitter. I'm not sold on this guy at all to put it mildly.

Comment

I gave up after an hour. I usually find Rogan's retarded questions refreshing, and it gives people an opportunity to clarify their position in a way they wouldn't ordinarily do.

Kind of gave up when neither of them could see any reason why someone would have a problem with Amazon or Starbucks, other than them being Marxists.

Comment

Anyone still clinging to the delusion that SF are anything other than an extreme right wing party should do themselves a favour and listen carefully to the interview Mary Lou did on RTE radio teatime yesterday and then ask yourself the question; why did she go to the funeral of a murderer and bank robber and all round scumbag when she couldn't even show civil respect to the name and rank of a murdered Garda last week.
                                                                                                          If the answer is not immediately obvious to you focus on the orders to SF Members from Derry who were ordered to turn up in uniform and try to be honest with yourself when you consider again the question of why exactly she did turn up in Belfast when there was a golden opportunity to even slightly distance herself from the criminals who are still running things in Northern Ireland.

Abundantly clear from what she said herself yesterday that she was ordered to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Anyone still clinging to the delusion that SF are anything other than an extreme right wing party should do themselves a favour
                                                                                                            I've always found them a mixed bag. People often assume I support them in some way, because I somewhat sympathise with people from any ideology (including fascists, racists and religious groups) who are willing to give up their life for 'their' cause.

I find it more disturbing that people support sports teams because they represent the same piece of dirt they happened to be born on

Comment

In my continuing quest to raise the awareness of the chronically deluded I'm always struck by the moronic but widely held assumption that all horse racing is bent and that racing only exists to support betting when the truth is that soccer has far more money traded on it and is subject to much less scrutiny than racing.

Anyway this thread should be a bit of an eyopener.

Comment

In my continuing quest to raise the awareness of the chronically deluded
                                                                                                                You're like someone arguing that methamphetamine is much better than heroin, because you get a better buzz off it. Heroin is clearly better.

Comment

$1200

Comment

In my continuing quest to raise the awareness of the chronically deluded I'm always struck by the moronic but widely held assumption that all horse racing is bent and that racing only exists to support betting when the truth is that soccer has far more money traded on it and is subject to much less scrutiny than racing.

Anyway this thread should be a bit of an eyopener.

I don't think you're making the argument that you think you're making

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I don't think you're making the argument that you think you're making
                                                                                                                      Ah no, I'd be fairly sure you are missing that the point I'm making is about scrutiny and integrity not a moral position on gambling.

Comment

Anyone still clinging to the delusion that SF are anything other than an extreme right wing party should do themselves a favour and listen carefully to the interview Mary Lou did on RTE radio teatime yesterday and then ask yourself the question; why did she go to the funeral of a murderer and bank robber and all round scumbag when she couldn't even show civil respect to the name and rank of a murdered Garda last week.
                                                                                                                        If the answer is not immediately obvious to you focus on the orders to SF Members from Derry who were ordered to turn up in uniform and try to be honest with yourself when you consider again the question of why exactly she did turn up in Belfast when there was a golden opportunity to even slightly distance herself from the criminals who are still running things in Northern Ireland.

Abundantly clear from what she said herself yesterday that she was ordered to attend.
                                                                                                                        Did you happen to read Fintan O'Toole's "Who the fuck is Mary Lou Anyway?" piece in the IT a few months ago? It left me with a very altered opinion where I would have previously thought she was a FFer who saw advantage in moving over but he made a compelling case that she always was a very strong republican in the troubles sense.

Basically I'm questioning the idea that she would rather pretend there were no Slab Murphys and is being forced not to by shadowy figures. I think she's probably a fellow traveller.

Comment

Ah no, I'd be fairly sure you are missing that the point I'm making is about scrutiny and integrity not a moral position on gambling.
                                                                                                                          I'd be fairly sure DC thinks they're both scrutiny and integrity vacuums!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X