Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anyone thinks Churchill made a bad job of WW2 really do they? The context of all this is trolling LAD Brits who don't know he was a cunt

Comment

Been a while, keep getting an error on the phone when I open IPB, is there a way I can switch back to old format?

Devastated to miss the Ascot tipping comp and a couple games of WW.

Bbv cliffs?

Comment

Hitler and his Generals made blunders that made ol soundbite Churchill look a lot better than he really was. They were on the brink post 1940 . I'm also casting doubt on his prowess which in my view is greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Everyone may already know this but access to IPB is back via Tapatalk on your mobile.

It was gone for me for a week or two after the change over to the new format.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
            Hitler and his Generals made blunders that made ol soundbite Churchill look a lot better than he really was. They were on the brink post 1940 . I'm also casting doubt on his prowess which in my view is greatly exaggerated.
            sexual prowess?
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I fart in your general direction

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

sexual prowess?
                I guess he did fk a lot of his own men in the Mediterranean

Comment

I guess he did fk a lot of his own men in the Mediterranean
                  ancient navy tradition, old bean

Comment

“let go a massive intestinal wind apparently with full intent”
                    Full intent of what
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Full intent of what
                      he farted aggressively

€500 fine! Those Austrians have no sense of humour.

Comment

OK, this might come across a bit backward on my part but i just cant get/agree with it (unless Im completely reading it wrong?).

I suppose the fact my two will be 5yo's this year but i cant imagine reacting like that.

https://twitter.com/TarynDeVere/stat...43683957030912

Comment

Made the eamokoftas again tonight, fifth time I think. Used Coriander in the Israeli salad instead of flat leaf parsley and it was awesomer.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Made the eamokoftas again tonight, fifth time I think. Used Coriander in the Israeli salad instead of flat leaf parsley and it was awesomer.
                            My kids have a really strong reaction to coriander (as in they hate it) in it's leafy form, don't notice it ground

Obviously my taste buds are ruined through old age but I never really thought of it as being potentially objectionable in any way...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              OK, this might come across a bit backward on my part but i just cant get/agree with it (unless Im completely reading it wrong?).

I suppose the fact my two will be 5yo's this year but i cant imagine reacting like that.

That's a person infecting their child with her own mental illness.

Comment

Look at the picture of the mother. I'd say the poor kids have been rightly infected by general weirdness.

Comment

I don't have kids, though I'm pretty sure I agree with you. It's such a minefield to discuss though, as Glinner has demonstrated for years now.
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

What does it say? I seem to be blocked from accessing it. Which is usually a sign of a crazy person.
                                      "This wee baby came into my life several years ago. 5 years after this photo she told me she was a girl and I suddenly gained another daughter. She has remarkable courage & she has taught me the value of being true to yourself, at all costs

#LoveOurTransKids #TransLives"

With a pic of her newborn baby

Comment

Sorry, she’s saying her five year old son believes she is a girl? And this is some validation of gender fluidity?
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I don't have kids, though I'm pretty sure I agree with you. It's such a minefield to discuss though, as Glinner has demonstrated for years now.
                                          Yeah this. I just avoid it like the plague. Have 'trans' muted on twitter.

I can't figure out what my opinion on it is, am conflicted. I agree with Glinner on a lot of fronts, and agree with trans activists on others. Picking a side though just gets your head blown off. Better to back tf away from it.

I think I'm just too old to fully wrap my head around the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                            Sorry, she’s saying her five year old son believes she is a girl? And this is some validation of gender fluidity?
                                            Yes

Comment

It's people wanting to be called 'they' instead of 'he' or 'her' that messes with my marbles.

Comment

They have form for this.
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Yeah this. I just avoid it like the plague. Have 'trans' muted on twitter.

I can't figure out what my opinion on it is, am conflicted. I agree with Glinner on a lot of fronts, and agree with trans activists on others. Picking a side though just gets your head blown off. Better to back tf away from it.

I think I'm just too old to fully wrap my head around the issue.
                                                          yup
                                                          100% best to stay away from it.
                                                          Obivously, I think what she is saying is certifiable but no way am I bringing that down on my head.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Maybe I've got a particularly stupid just-about-five-year-old but the idea of that even slightly coming up in conversation is unfathomable. Like five year olds just don't have those thought processes, or do they? It would be redundant to tell you the million stupid things he has done just today, but the idea that from that brain something about his gender identity could emerge is mindboggling.
                                                            It's one of those virtue signalling "look how the eyes of an innocent views the world" type things that's usually nothing but ideas pressed upon the child
                                                            until they say the thing that makes mammy happy so they can fuck off and play with lego for a while

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

It's one of those virtue signalling "look how the eyes of an innocent views the world" type things that's usually nothing but ideas pressed upon the child
                                                              until they say the thing that makes mammy happy so they can fuck off and play with lego for a while
                                                              example

Comment

Googled the name. Im off to bed, don't want to know anymore.

"Taryn lives in the hills of Donegal in Ireland and is a lone parent to 5 children of assorted gender and temperament".

PS how do you post a tweet here now?

Comment

Googled the name. Im off to bed, don't want to know anymore.

"Taryn lives in the hills of Donegal in Ireland and is a lone parent to 5 children of assorted gender and temperament".

PS how do you post a tweet here now?
                                                                  same way you always did
                                                                  in
                                                                  Code:
                                                                  [ tweet ]number of tweet here[/ tweet ]

Comment

example
                                                                    Didn't Happen of the Year Awards is a great Twitter for calling out this kind of shit. (@_DHOTYA)

Comment

same way you always did
                                                                      in
                                                                      Code:
                                                                      [ tweet ]number of tweet here[/ tweet ]
                                                                      Doesnt seem to work for me since changeover. Doesnt matter.

Comment

My 3 year old is a pup and I see no end to it . I wish he was just a sweet little girl but no he decided on being a PUP.

Comment

"This wee baby came into my life several years ago. 5 years after this photo she told me she was a girl and I suddenly gained another daughter. She has remarkable courage & she has taught me the value of being true to yourself, at all costs

#LoveOurTransKids #TransLives"

With a pic of her newborn baby

Comment

How do you load YouTube links?

Comment

My 3 year old is a pup and I see no end to it . I wish he was just a sweet little girl but no he decided on being a PUP.
                                                                              in the genes, I'm afraid

Comment

My kids have a really strong reaction to coriander (as in they hate it) in it's leafy form, don't notice it ground

Obviously my taste buds are ruined through old age but I never really thought of it as being potentially objectionable in any way...
                                                                                I think coriander is one of those where some people are like super-tasters and it's like soap for them. Cucumber is definitely one - for me it's a mild flavour almost like leafy water but apparently some people get a completely different nasty flavour from it.

Comment

...

Comment

yup
                                                                                    100% best to stay away from it.
                                                                                    Obivously, I think what she is saying is certifiable but no way am I bringing that down on my head.
                                                                                    It's one of the things that really sets Mrs D3 off. Now bear in mind, in her day job, she leads a team advocating and helping kids and their parents with all manner of disabilities. So she is well-used to dealing with every kind of problem that walks through her door. All the way up to the worst kind of paedophilia, drug abuse etc.

But the only thing that really annoys the shite out of her is this nonsense of trans kids. She is pretty adamant there's no such thing and it's just vulnerable kids who have been exposed to too much BS on social media, or whose parents tolerate and even encourage this crap. Like our friend Dice discovered.

I suspect if she were allowed to prescribe it (and wasn't opposed to corporal punishment of course) a kick up the hole would be the required medication. Starting with the parents.

Comment

Yer missus is right ts complete bollocks. Kicks in the gee all round

Comment

What does it say? I seem to be blocked from accessing it. Which is usually a sign of a crazy person.
                                                                                        Weirdly enough I was blocked as well. I can't ever remember saying anything on twitter related to that topic or anything like it. I'm totally devastated.

Comment

It's one of the things that really sets Mrs D3 off. Now bear in mind, in her day job, she leads a team advocating and helping kids and their parents with all manner of disabilities. So she is well-used to dealing with every kind of problem that walks through her door. All the way up to the worst kind of paedophilia, drug abuse etc.

But the only thing that really annoys the shite out of her is this nonsense of trans kids. She is pretty adamant there's no such thing and it's just vulnerable kids who have been exposed to too much BS on social media, or whose parents tolerate and even encourage this crap. Like our friend Dice discovered.

I suspect if she were allowed to prescribe it (and wasn't opposed to corporal punishment of course) a kick up the hole would be the required medication. Starting with the parents.
                                                                                          Making your kids life much more difficult just so you can have a fashion accessory. Should be looked at as child abuse imo.

To be trans as opposed to straight is a much more difficult path even if its a bit better than it was.

Comment

...

Comment

RIP mr Willie Thorne. Wasnt he called mr Maximum

Comment

Despite never making one competitively! Had a tough old life after snooker.

Comment

Wouldn't be looking to underplay the stupidity or damage the that type of Munchausens transference from uber woke parents to their unfortunate children reflected in that tweet or the damage that other clear attempts to misuse or abuse rights attained from progressive gender and sexual legislation and social awareness but there is an enormous danger in these discussions being another front in the culture wars. There are people who are trans and sometimes that is evident from when they are very young, it should be a good thing that they are free to express and experiment with that, I'm afraid that the current climate maybe making it more problematic rather than easier. Its such a difficult topic to deal with when the lines in the sand are being drawn in stupid places.
                                                                                                  Fckd if I'm going to have my house burned down either

Comment

On a tangentially related subject there's a new Irish film called 'Dating Amber' that's well worth a watch.

Very simple coming of age story set in the Curragh Camp in the 90's by and girl both bullied for being gay hook up together, well written, good performances from the leads, some lovely comedy from the supporting cast of twenty somethings playing schoolkids and knockout turns from Sharon Horgan, Barry Ward and Simone Kirby as the tragicomic parents .

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Wouldn't be looking to underplay the stupidity or damage the that type of Munchausens transference from uber woke parents to their unfortunate children reflected in that tweet or the damage that other clear attempts to misuse or abuse rights attained from progressive gender and sexual legislation and social awareness but there is an enormous danger in these discussions being another front in the culture wars. There are people who are trans and sometimes that is evident from when they are very young, it should be a good thing that they are free to express and experiment with that, I'm afraid that the current climate maybe making it more problematic rather than easier. Its such a difficult topic to deal with when the lines in the sand are being drawn in stupid places.
                                                                                                      Fckd if I'm going to have my house burned down either
                                                                                                      The mind of a child should not be concerned with such complex thoughts as transgender info . If you want to be a girl when you grow up little Timmy that's ok. If you want to play with dolls now that's ok . The that's ok approach is all that is required. There is never a need to assuage a child any more than that .

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                        Despite never making one competitively! Had a tough old life after snooker.
                                                                                                        He missed a blue once when a 1/3 shot to virtually lock up a match and went on huge life tilt after that.
                                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

Did Thorne ever hit a competitive maximum? I heard he racked them up in practice . I liked his commentary as well t as his playing. Good breakbuilder but the gambler in him costs him frames . Big buddy of Gary Lineker, himself not a bad snooker player cricketer.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I think coriander is one of those where some people are like super-tasters and it's like soap for them. Cucumber is definitely one - for me it's a mild flavour almost like leafy water but apparently some people get a completely different nasty flavour from it.
                                                                                                              It's a genetic thing. My father has it for cucumber, my girlfriend has it for coriander. Even the hint of it in a spice mix would render a meal inedible for her. It's just a super strong soap like taste yeah.
                                                                                                              A pity as coriander is class.

Comment

Does anybody use UnRaid for a media server?

I've been using FreeNas the last couple years but it's not exactly user friendly if you're not too familiar with Linux & coding and I updated it last week and it's just not running so decided I'm gonna go down a different route and UnRaid looks like the best option vs using a Windows operating system.
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                  this might be one of the greatest pieces of writing in the modern times.

https://www.ft.com/content/8ea1c992-...9-483c62d17528
                                                                                                                  Wont allow riff raff to read . Got a pdf / text file / control v ?

Comment

Has anyone ever talked to a young person who is a trans activist or supporter of it? I haven't because I don't know young people. I wouldn't mind having such a discussion, even though I imagine I would likely regret it. Has anyone read anything interesting on it I can read (not a book)?

I accidentally got into gender studies many years ago and really enjoyed it. I recall the "gender is a social construct" idea that was prevalent a few decades ago leading to gender surgery for babies with sex organ abnormalities (intersex babies of various sorts is more common than you imagine). The idea was, well if there's an issue let's just sort them out with a vagina and raise them as a girl. It was a disaster and caused huge suffering and later life realignment surgery.

Now maybe this is entirely unrelated to the current transgender activism that's going on, I don't know.

Comment

I find it exhausting to debate any contentious topics with those types of people (you know the ones). Try and introduce any logic or science into the discussion and you will be met with anecdote and emotive bullshite. You'll leave the discussion not having learned anything and just frustrated.

So yeah live and let live - not my business how people want to raise their children

Comment

That Talking Sopranos podcast is really great. Michael Imperioli (Christopher) is a joy to listen to.

They're discussing each episode, from the beginning. Each pod episode is based on an episode of the show.

Would highly recommend. Gonna rewatch too.

Comment

Aunt Jemima gone. Uncle Ben must be on the way out next https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/...an/3204562001/

s-l1000.jpg
                                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X