This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    Are you of the opinion that I'm one of those country boys? I'm from Dublin just to clear that up.

A bit like the rugby I think it's a case where we should have five teams. Dublin and then the four provinces. GAA being like that would probably give the other provinces a chance of winning, given that the Dubs are pretty much a fully professional outfit at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
      Just to be fair Lloyd is talking about First time buyers with an average job being priced out. That's you single income teacher, nurse or garda.

I dont think its fair to lump in Paddy on the dole looking for a garden as part of the same conversation. Those people do exist but in much smaller numbers than people think. I dont think Lloyd has ever said lets reward people who game the social welfare system at any stage.
      Fair point, it's hard to know what to do with the teacher/nurse/garda - I guess not living in Dublin is your best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Fair point, it's hard to know what to do with the teacher/nurse/garda - I guess not living in Dublin is your best bet.
        Sure don't they usually go to Coppers and mingle with their own sort, thus producing a financially viable housing unit?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What's untrammelled?

Does it have to be in a "good area", does it have to be a house or would an apartment do? Does it have to have en-suites or is a shared bathroom ok?

Genuine Q's because i'm not sure the answer wouldn't be "no" for most people.
          The state needs to start by providing social and affordable housing at volume. That's their responsibility. It should be in a mix of areas; it should be a mix of housing types and configurations. It won't always be what people want or dreamed of but it will be there nonetheless. A functioning economy depends on it. Metro (particularly the green line extension) aid the effort as we can build mixed type high density further out from the city centre while still being within 20 or 30 minutes of it. Maybe you didn't plan on living in an affordable house near swords but if it's there and you can hop on a high speed high frequency train into the city centre for work and you can't get any other option sorted you will.

Also for those of you who are calling for more social housing what I can't seem to get my head around is that the standard of house there should be better than those privately owned, otherwise I see an obvious moral hazard that you're better off waiting/stalling to get one for free. FWIW both of my parent grew up in tiny council houses and they would agree, because it meant they were rewarded for their hard work. The other thing that amazes them is that the upkeep of their house was impeccable and you couldn't so much as paint your front door a different colour without permission from the council but nowadays you've got council houses being destroyed (eye-witnessed on number of occasions) with no repercussions. Do you think untrammeled access should be given to people who've wrecked a previous house?
          I think a lot of time gets spent worrying about moral hazards and - whether the arguments stack up or not - some people hate the idea of someone getting something nice for free or cheap. The standard of house should be high because the state is going to own and operate the housing stock for decades into the future. Building them to a high spec will pay off over the long haul. They're still managing large swathes of stock built 90 years ago and I don't expect it will be much different this time around.

In any case it feeds into your former point. People will always desire customisation and there will always be incentive to get something better. But the issues created over a 30 year period since the state withdrew from its responsibilities as a major builder is a lack of stock for a certain cohort of the market. We are very focussed on the current system and everything that surrounds it but it's only been with us for ~35 years.. We should never have stopped building council estates or council apartment blocks at scale, bottom line.

Anti social behaviour and arrears or any other way in which a tenant doesn't meet their end of the bargain should be managed. One of the suggestions I've seen is that difficult tenants would be rotated towards older stock. But anything you do here comes with difficulties and contention of course. That being said. this is a version of focussing on dole cheats as a method of arguing against social provision. 'Lads in tracksuits stealing off you and ruining the country'. Corner cases, as difficult and upsetting as they might be, don't detract from the overall need and objectives.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

The state needs to start by providing social and affordable housing at volume. That's their responsibility.
            Is it

Since when?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Couple of things.

I never said there wasn’t a housing crisis. Only an idiot would say that. You appear to be ascribing an argument to me that I am not making and I don’t know why.
              We're both ascribing things to each that the other is not making. Or, at least, it's been taken up that way in each case.

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
              I agree that the avocado argument is nonsense. But that’s not the argument I am making. I am saying it’s hard to have it all. To live a life that involves a nice car, holiday abroad, eating out in restaurants regularly, plenty of trips to the theatre and cinema etc is absolutely fine. But that involves a choice about allocation of resources. It’s a legitimate and perfectly reasonable choice. My argument was with those who want that AND think that in spite of that choice they should also be able to purchase their own home (an exceptional expenditure in almost everyone’s life) without any change in their lifestyle. I am not saying housing shouldn’t be affordable, and at the moment it’s really pushing the boundaries of that concept, but even if housing prices dropped to more reasonable levels, that would still involve personal choices being made as to the allocation of income. But whenever anyone makes that argument they are pilloried for it. And I do not understand why when it is demonstrably true.
              The very real issue that is building is that the net of people who can buy is becoming ever smaller and the sacrifices required are becoming ever greater for every longer. Absent of help. Ideally you will team up with a partner; you'll both earn well to combine for a combined income in the top 20%; one or both of you will have saved to some extent since your early twenties; you'll be able to move in with your parents as an option; and you'll be able to get some help from them, be it help with the deposit or some money for furniture or whatever. And god forbid you recently had children or your partner just got pregnant.

I'm sure there was always a default profile, but my parents generation often lived at home (particularly the Dubs) until they bought their house. They didn't need the same level of deposit, and houses were generally lower ratios of a single salary. So much has changed since then, and a huge amount of it is very progressive and positive socially. But it has inarguably made the path for the average buyer more difficult. It isn't always an option for people to suspend independent adult living, and even if it was, should it be a reasonable expectation? Is it reasonable for people to delay having kids in all circumstances, is that good for society? These are the types of questions couples earning average wages face. The focus of ire is on the eating out and the drinking and the holidays, but often that's just contributing to difference of time for couples who fit the profile. It's not the thing that will make the difference for couples on lower salaries with childcare responsibilities, etc. Plus, not everyone will earn higher salaries. Indeed society depends on ranges of jobs being available for ranges of remuneration.

So that's what I mean by saying 'it isn't really true'. Hypothetically no, it should never be an issue on any topic to advocate short term suffering for reward down the line. It's the essence of sporting achievement, of moving up the ladder in ones career, etc. Maybe some portion of frustration on housing relates to entitled millennials who expect to be able to live life to the full and be handed a house when they're ready to settle down. But a substantial portion of the frustration is from people working hard and playing by the rules where their only sin is trying to live an independent life. Moving further out and spending hours commuting isn't a good enough offering or, at least, it's not going to make people feel like they're winning from economic growth. Plus, the former portion can often sort themselves out relatively quickly. A year or so can be enough to get match fit.

It is tempting to not care about this once you're past it all, that it doesn't affect you and it's someone else's problem. Be careful on that though. The more people who don't get there the more the electorate will shift over time. As higher percentages of the age cohorts who vote in higher numbers no longer own property and are unlikely to ever own property. But anyway, we'll see how the next few months shake out.

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Is it

Since when?
                Since the formation of the state. They kicked off a scheme of affordable housing called "The Million pound scheme" in 1922 and have always had housing schemes and social housing developments on the books to some extent. I think few enough argue that it isn't the state's responsibility to house those who cannot house themselves. But irrespective, we went a near decade from 2011 - 2019 without an affordable housing scheme of some sort on the go, which was the longest such gap in state history.

Comment

Could someone of the issue not be fixed by centralising more of the planning process?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Could someone of the issue not be fixed by centralising more of the planning process?

It certainly could. In none of this am I saying planning isn’t a complete mess. And there is no doubt that individual politicians from parties advocating for more social / affordable housing have made political capital of opposing much needed housing developments or infrastructure in their constituencies.

Comment

Are you looking to buy a house yourself LL?

Comment

I just discovered (regrettably only via the Internet) that there are wallabies on Lambay Island.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Are you looking to buy a house yourself LL?
                          We are buying a house. But we’re okay, all of the prep is done. Covid hit just as we were putting in offers so it may very well be perfect timing for us.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Since the formation of the state. They kicked off a scheme of affordable housing called "The Million pound scheme" in 1922 and have always had housing schemes and social housing developments on the books to some extent. I think few enough argue that it isn't the state's responsibility to house those who cannot house themselves. But irrespective, we went a near decade from 2011 - 2019 without an affordable housing scheme of some sort on the go, which was the longest such gap in state history.
                            it's almost like something cataclysmic happened just before that period....

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

it's almost like something cataclysmic happened just before that period....
                              When it comes to housing, the idea that the state is powerless the past few years when it managed to build through multiple recessions all the way back to when it didn't have a pot to piss in rings very hollow indeed. But irrespective, we had a long period running up to the last election where the topic was largely ignored.

Comment

Mrs Lao Lao has wanted to go to Ikea for a good few weeks. Apart from one or two things that we might need, I can see absolutely no point in going. There is zero rush for anything that we might need and I hate the place at the best of times.

She was thinking of going first thing Monday morning and I told her she would be fucking mad to do so - Next we see the redonk queues and I sit there smugly.

We've both been off work all this week (we were meant to be in Portugal for Primavera Sound plus lots of wine drinking, sigh!) so she has mentioned going to Ikea each day since Monday. Each time, I tell her she is mad.

With all the rain this afternoon, she decides this is the optimal time, people won't want to go out or potentially queue in the rain. I, again, tell her she is mental but she is convinced and heads off.

Just got a message from her to say that traffic was pretty bad getting over to Ikea and when she got there staff are telling people that the wait time in the queue is around 1.5 - 2 hours long so they can't guarantee that they will still be open by the time you reach the top of the queue. As such, Mrs Lao Lao is coming straight back home.

Me :

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                  I just discovered (regrettably only via the Internet) that there are wallabies on Lambay Island.
                                  Oh Yeah!, Got a leg of Lambay lamb last autumn from a guy who knows a guy on Lambay, Not a big fan of lamb at all but it was good.
                                  Whats regrettable about learning this from the internet?. Maybe in written form you might have read more in detail?.

Comment

I have two houses in Dublin. Coming out of my ears they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                      Mrs Lao Lao has wanted to go to Ikea for a good few weeks. Apart from one or two things that we might need, I can see absolutely no point in going. There is zero rush for anything that we might need and I hate the place at the best of times.

She was thinking of going first thing Monday morning and I told her she would be fucking mad to do so - Next we see the redonk queues and I sit there smugly.

We've both been off work all this week (we were meant to be in Portugal for Primavera Sound plus lots of wine drinking, sigh!) so she has mentioned going to Ikea each day since Monday. Each time, I tell her she is mad.

With all the rain this afternoon, she decides this is the optimal time, people won't want to go out or potentially queue in the rain. I, again, tell her she is mental but she is convinced and heads off.

Just got a message from her to say that traffic was pretty bad getting over to Ikea and when she got there staff are telling people that the wait time in the queue is around 1.5 - 2 hours long so they can't guarantee that they will still be open by the time you reach the top of the queue. As such, Mrs Lao Lao is coming straight back home.

Me :
                                      You got away with it there. I would have thought it would be mandatory to go with her. Cant think of many who would go alone. You've got a strong willed one there boyo.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

You got away with it there. I would have thought it would be mandatory to go with her. Cant think of many who would go alone. You've got a strong willed one there boyo.
                                        I was asked to go with her about 183 times. Each time, my answer was the same

'Not a fucking hope in hell '

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Ah running costs me bollix V, what I wouldn't give for the opportunity to spend 2 hours bumbling around on a ride on mower with ear muffs on. Headspace bliss.

Saw an oul lad on one a few weeks ago and was mad jealous.
                                          Weird that. Spotted the spelling mistake and edited but it looks like it double posted. Could be wrong. Could have just double posted originally.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I work near IKEA, wife texted me at about 4:45 to pop over and grab something. Was in Trim this afternoon though, thank fuck.

She'd have made me take that chance and wait in the rain.

Comment

I work near IKEA, wife texted me at about 4:45 to pop over and grab something. Was in Trim this afternoon though, thank fuck.

She'd have made me take that chance and wait in the rain.
                                                I work just the other side of the M50 from it. Pre Covid, I'd regularly get 'If I give you a list of things to get, will you pop in on your lunch break and pick them up?'

To which I'd always reply, 'Not a fucking hope in hell'

I really can't stand the place. I accept that they have some reasonably decent bits and bobs at very keen prices but the whole place just puts me on life tilt.

It doesn't help that my missus style of shopping is to pick up EVERY SINGLE ITEM in the shop and look at it. It doesn't matter if she is in a boutique dress shop that has 10 items on display or Ikea that has 15 million items on display, every item must be picked up.

Comment

I can't thank posts or click many buttons on this site since the upgrade without getting errors but I'm just posting to pass on thanks for all of Lloyd's posting. Tried to click like so many times to no avail!
                                                  EDIT: Seems in managing to post this I broke the curse and now can click away to my heart's content without an error.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I work just the other side of the M50 from it. Pre Covid, I'd regularly get 'If I give you a list of things to get, will you pop in on your lunch break and pick them up?'

To which I'd always reply, 'Not a fucking hope in hell'

I really can't stand the place. I accept that they have some reasonably decent bits and bobs at very keen prices but the whole place just puts me on life tilt.

It doesn't help that my missus style of shopping is to pick up EVERY SINGLE ITEM in the shop and look at it. It doesn't matter if she is in a boutique dress shop that has 10 items on display or Ikea that has 15 million items on display, every item must be picked up.
                                                    I'm with you brother. My wife is the exact same.

​​​​​​I can't think of a fresher Hell than queuing for 2 hours to spend 2 hours in IKEA.

Maybe add a hangover in to the mix to make it a touch worse.

Comment

I'm with you brother. My wife is the exact same.

​​​​​​I can't think of a fresher Hell than queuing for 2 hours to spend 2 hours in IKEA.

Maybe add a hangover in to the mix to make it a touch worse.
                                                      Posted both these stories to the brother he said he was asked the same but 'no fcuken wayyyy'. Ikea solidarity, other side lives matters.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            Man, this guy seems ready. And impressive. Worth a watch if you haven't heard too much of him aside from short sound clips.
                                                            He looks good there for sure but we do not know how prepped hex as for that, if he was reading all of that. If he comes across like that in the debates he wins the election imo but if we see the Biden that called Corey Booker the President, forgot lots of stuff, came out with a story that never happened and mixed up figures very badly then it's a whole different ballgame.
                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Weeeeee

fut_chart.ashx?t=ES&cot=138741,13874A&p=d1&rev=637274863459812247.png

Comment

Screenshot_20200611_204409.jpg 9 years ago today people! Barry's was it. And I was renamed SatNav all because I thought westmeath was in county meath ​ ​ ​ ​
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

And 9 yrs on still besties with these people
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    Screenshot_20200611_204409.jpg 9 years ago today people! Barry's was it. And I was renamed SatNav all because I thought westmeath was in county meath ​ ​ ​ ​
                                                                    lol, pot belly on me and the fag in me hand. Jaysis.

Some craic that night.
                                                                    ​

Comment

lol, pot belly on me and the fag in me hand. Jaysis.

Some craic that night.
                                                                      ​
                                                                      Pot belly? You were a, streak of misery
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Back to work tomorrow at last. Hard to believe it's been 3 months to the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Tried it a bit with strategic housing recently and its quite hit or miss and generating lots of legal challenges because suddenly people love geese and bats and things of that nature apparently.

Don't think rhe system cant be centralised as things stand as Councils will do everything they can to stop it and on the other side people will say that you are further eroding public participation which won't go down well

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-06-20, 22:18.

Comment

Had IPBChamp over today for a few drinks and punting nags by coincidence

Comment

Supervalu green teabags are just as good as Barrys and are half the price. Fight me

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                  I can't thank posts or click many buttons on this site since the upgrade without getting errors but I'm just posting to pass on thanks for all of Lloyd's posting. Tried to click like so many times to no avail!
                                                                                  EDIT: Seems in managing to post this I broke the curse and now can click away to my heart's content without an error.
                                                                                  Cheers Reggie, hope you’re keeping well.

Comment

Satnav, put the whole cameraroll up

Comment

+1 to that Lloyd. Thread makes for great reading having an opposing viewpoint to the circle jerk that can happen on this thread. I haven't always been in agreement on some of the recent election stuff but personally think some people have lost the plot in the last few pages. One in particular I am surprised to see spouting such nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                        +1 to that Lloyd. Thread makes for great reading having an opposing viewpoint to the circle jerk that can happen on this thread. I haven't always been in agreement on some of the recent election stuff but personally think some people have lost the plot in the last few pages. One in particular I am surprised to see spouting such nonsense.
                                                                                        You are allowed to say who...

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                          Just pulled the trigger on the Oculus Quest. Nothing like something being constantly out of stock to give you a bit of FOMO when stock becomes available. Most likely will become a dust collector after the first month.
                                                                                          Well if this doesn't change the world in some massive way in the next 10 years I'll be very surprised. Even if it doesn't the therapeutic nature of smashing some boxes in some alternative reality while listening to some kickass music is enough alone. Guided Tai Chi is cool. Some guy developing an app that maps to a real piano to learn to play it with VR cues. Sign language becomes a breeze to learn. The applications and possibilities here are endless. Tried the PokerStars VR apps. Holy Smokes! 5v5 Battles in zero gravity of some frisbee game. Got to battle with a lightsaber alongside Vader. Boxing games that leave you gassed by round three. Dodge bullets matrix-style as time is controlled by your movements. I couldn't even last a few minutes in Dreadhalls a horror experience before ripping the headset off. A Fishermans Tale is some mind-bending VR which shows the surface has only been scratched as it is something which is so clever and only works in VR. They have only just added some hand-tracking apps to the Quest this week and the demos are very impressive.

The whole setup with the headset still feels far too cumbersome. It is completely wireless but just the weight and bulk are too much. The games are still way off. It often feels like you are playing the Tetris of VR. They are overcoming this very quickly with streaming stuff from a more powerful device with very little latency which means the headset will become more lightweight and internet speeds are the only real major obstacle. It is extremely scary though to think where this will go in the future.

Edit - Meant to say despite limitations. Highly recommend. So much fun in some of the games. I am not a gamer at all but the experiences in these are far different. I think Oculus/FB is actually losing money on the headsets at current prices. I guess it is more about getting people using the tech.
                                                                                          Last edited by Opr; 12-06-20, 00:09.

Comment

Think I sourced weed for Hitch that day ​​​​​​

Can you spot him lol
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

New ones just came up now on memories. I won't mention names obv. But ah the memories
                                                                                              14 faces?

1st to list them wins a prize...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      Know the guy in the last image well, but he surely doesn't post on here? Isn't he married to another poker player?
                                                                                                      Yep Martin with smurph
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

That's Martin married to Smurf in bottom pic
                                                                                                        and in no particular order...
                                                                                                        Gholimoli twice
                                                                                                        Dom and Kayroo (think its Kayroo)
                                                                                                        Denis Reyes and Pat?
                                                                                                        Lazare
                                                                                                        recognise the others

Wasnt there as it happens

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd
                                                                                                          I think a lot of time gets spent worrying about moral hazards and - whether the arguments stack up or not - some people hate the idea of someone getting something nice for free or cheap.
                                                                                                          People are awful begrudgers in general. They feel it undermines their hard work, when the obvious reality is that it has no tangible impact on their life at all, other than "my taxes".
                                                                                                          It's obviously not the right attitude, but I don't think it's going to change in Ireland or anywhere any time soon.

The standard of house should be high because the state is going to own and operate the housing stock for decades into the future. Building them to a high spec will pay off over the long haul. They're still managing large swathes of stock built 90 years ago and I don't expect it will be much different this time around.
                                                                                                          Depends what you mean by high spec?

They obviously shouldn't be poorly constructed. They should aim for a lifespan in line with any other home. But High-Spec generally refers to finishes and fitout elements not structure, and it doesn't necessarily relate to lifespan. It's also not zero cost either. It's easy to say the goal should be top spec as a general comment, but in reality the more the spec is increased the lower the number of homes that can be provided. That's important.

Of course it goes both ways, low cost and budget materials will sacrifice durability and there's little point finishes off cheaply in order to stretch it out. It's a balancing act between cost and quality. That a issue that pertains to all design and construction really. Once target standards of functionality and durability are met, it's hard to see the value in going too far beyond that.

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd
                                                                                                          But irrespective, we went a near decade from 2011 - 2019 without an affordable housing scheme of some sort on the go, which was the longest such gap in state history.
                                                                                                          Part V of the Planning and Development Act 2000 was the "scheme" employed during those years, and still is AFAIK. I understand that it's not a state scheme, which is what you were referring to. I'm just pointing out it exists and is hugely relevant to the discussion. Obviously the output of such a scheme is crippled during recession, but the flip side is that it was in overdrive during the boom years. Basically it worked very well when house prices were climbing, basically distributing profit margin to social and affordable market. But during a recession it likely becomes more of a economic handicap than a aid. There's also an argument that it contributes to climbing house prices.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                            That's Martin married to Smurf in bottom pic
                                                                                                            and in no particular order...
                                                                                                            Gholimoli twice
                                                                                                            Dom and Kayroo (think its Kayroo)
                                                                                                            Denis Reyes and Pat?
                                                                                                            Lazare
                                                                                                            recognise the others

Wasnt there as it happens
                                                                                                            You're a dark horse reveal yourself
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

You're a dark horse reveal yourself
                                                                                                              Cant, the judge said I had to stop that type of carry on

Comment

...

Comment

I agree with absolutely everthing Lloyd has said. Struck me as the world becomes more polar, you are this or you are this, that the platfroms really have a lot to answer for. we ecourage ppl to decide in a split second of they like someone or not, and expect that not to corrode our humanity. Like I feel rage and contempt and disdain for all those arguing against simple and true assumptions and points he is making but maybe thats just all the fucking hate we are drowning in. fuck that, and fuck you too.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                    I agree with absolutely everthing Lloyd has said. Struck me as the world becomes more polar, you are this or you are this, that the platfroms really have a lot to answer for. we ecourage ppl to decide in a split second of they like someone or not, and expect that not to corrode our humanity. Like I feel rage and contempt and disdain for all those arguing against simple and true assumptions and points he is making but maybe thats just all the fucking hate we are drowning in. fuck that, and fuck you too.
                                                                                                                    Will you give it a rest.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Opr Is there an app called Vrtify available on it?

A live gig app I had on the Samsung headset. There wasn't much content on it but there was a Gorillaz and a The XX gig up there and they were mind blowing.

Gorillaz one was a straight forward gig where you were up on stage beside the band one minute then out in the crowd the next. They had VR cameras set up in four or five locations. The XX one was seriously mind blowing though, they used the tech in really clever ways. Very difficult to describe the experience, was something totally new and absolutely amazing.

Comment

Opr Is there an app called Vrtify available on it?

A live gig app I had on the Samsung headset. There wasn't much content on it but there was a Gorillaz and a The XX gig up there and they were mind blowing.

Gorillaz one was a straight forward gig where you were up on stage beside the band one minute then out in the crowd the next. They had VR cameras set up in four or five locations. The XX one was seriously mind blowing though, they used the tech in really clever ways. Very difficult to describe the experience, was something totally new and absolutely amazing.
                                                                                                                        I did one of these with The Who and when it was over I had broken one of my guitars off the wall and two chairs were thrown out the window . Never again

Someone check on Sam , hes gone all Amy Winehouse.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X