• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Could be the best option. Decrease contact time and increase supported self-study in order to maintain the total hours per credit.

Comment

Hands up whose actually avoiding meat today?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
              He's a pushy atheist.
              Ah get ya, should've known that tbf.

Think it goes back to an over pushy primary teacher for me. Me arriving home telling my Mom that we HAD to have fish today. Her saying fuck that and serving up chicken and chips. Every. Single. Year. Lol

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Tiger King was decent but thats all. Could have been done in 3 episodes or 4 max but like most things with Netflix they drag it out as long as possible.

Comment

Hopefully this is just a case of bad initial testing?

In South Korea, according to authorities, 91 people who have recovered from a coronavirus infection have contracted Covid-19 again!

Director of the Korean Center for Disease Control KCDC, Joeng Eun-kyeong, said it was more likely that the virus had been "reactivated" than that it was a new infection.

Opr

Comment

Gave in to the pressure, and brought a few Kinnegar's Scraggy Bay.. absolutely heavenly feeling sitting on the balcony soaking in the evening rays of sunlight sipping the ale.

Amazing drink.
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                        Wouldn't say I would be actively avoiding meat, but at the same time wouldn't be actively seeking to eat meat.

Really don't see the need to make a big deal about it either way. Either you do or dont, it really isn't anyone else business.
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                          Tiger King was decent but thats all. Could have been done in 3 episodes or 4 max but like most things with Netflix they drag it out as long as possible.
                          Ever since Making a Murderer became such a phenomenon, it feels that Netflix have gone on the hunt for the next great docuseries. In doing so, they have made some potentially decent shorter stories unnecessarily long.

Comment

Looks like the HSE is trying to introduce an APP similar to the one used in China/S. Korea for the duration of the pandemic.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                              Wouldn't say I would be actively avoiding meat, but at the same time wouldn't be actively seeking to eat meat.

Really don't see the need to make a big deal about it either way. Either you do or dont, it really isn't anyone else business.
                              Same as that really. I wouldn't be in any way upset if i forgot the fish thing and ate meat. I do try and eat fish on Good Friday/Ash Wednesday though simply because i really like it and it's as good an excuse as any other.

Comment

Me. I take not eating meat on Good Friday very seriously.

Comment

I had homemade meatballs..

SPOILER
                                  [IMG][/IMG]
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Nobodies making a big deal. You cry when religion might sneak into a convo. Relax.

Comment

Nobodies making a big deal. You cry when religion might sneak into a convo. Relax.
                                      Why bring it up so?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                        Did you take it equally as seriously yesterday?

Comment

Why bring it up so?
                                          To see whose eating meat for dinner.

Comment

Had an omelette with cheese and smoked salmon.

Picollo tomatoes.

Washed down with a glass of milk
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Decided to become a slipper wanker with the ongoing house arrest and ordered a pair of these lads.

Presumably something like the house slippers most Scandis have. Should add one additional layer of self-satisfaction to my life.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                  This is probably the first Good Friday ever when I haven't eaten a hot cross bun.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

To see whose eating meat for dinner.
                                                    Prods get a pass Chad.

Takeaway Thai as spice was being craved. Surprisingly good (beef and pork).
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      Prods get a pass Chad.

Takeaway Thai as spice was being craved. Surprisingly good (beef and pork).
                                                      Everyone gets a pass m8. Tasty tasty meat.

Comment

Dough was a bit too chewy. Looks good though.

Last edited by Guest; 10-04-20, 19:06.

Comment

This is bad news for the ‘there are loads of asymptomatic cases out there’ theory, unfortunately.
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

MY TIME TO SHINE.

I can picture my mother eating fish in my head like every year. Gonna give her a HS/HJ bollocking for not not being in the spirit of the rules.
                                                            Today was protein pancakes with almond butter, baked potatoes and lemon lentil stew.

Comment

KevIRL will add a few of ye to his Sunday prayer-list.

Comment

Old trampoline - €0-
                                                                2 Golf mats driving range was about to dump - €50-
                                                                Old wind block netting - €0-

Being able to smack golf balls, every day, between now and the 5th of May - Priceless

Attached Files
                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                  https://twitter.com/Simmonds_Lab/sta...463452163?s=20

This is bad news for the ‘there are loads of asymptomatic cases out there’ theory, unfortunately.
                                                                  Small sample over a small timeframe in a sparsely populated region which hasn't been hit particularly hard during that time frame?

Not to mention only 10% of tests from the most densely populated region? They only took 2x the cases from Glasgow that they took from the Highlands??

Maybe some estimations of the asymptomatics are optimistic but this hardly moves the needle in the other direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                    Old trampoline - €0-

Being able to smack golf balls, every day, between now and the 5th of May - Priceless

[
                                                                    Where are you a member?

Comment

More bad news
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                        Where are you a member?
                                                                        Cregmore. Bit of a field but it's close and cheap and most importantly not super busy. Could usually rock up any evening this time of the year and get 9 in, with 2 balls, in an hour and a half.
                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

More bad news
                                                                          Certainly seems like some unravelling is going on. George Lee tilts me something rotten though.

Comment

Cregmore. Bit of a field but it's close and cheap and most importantly not super busy. Could usually rock up any evening this time of the year and get 9 in, with 2 balls, in an hour and a half.
                                                                            I joined Faithlegg which is 20-25 mins away. An IPBer is a member too so nice incentive to join. I think it's relatively reasonable and handy enough to get out.

Tramore is <2mins from the house but social aspect trumped the distance. Its only 600e for year 1 though which is great value

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                              I joined Faithlegg which is 20-25 mins away. An IPBer is a member too so nice incentive to join. I think it's relatively reasonable and handy enough to get out.

Tramore is <2mins from the house but social aspect trumped the distance. Its only 600e for year 1 though which is great value
                                                                              I don't know why I had in my head that you were Kildare

Comment

Crazy, the last session to be played on Sunday with 700 hands left and less than half a buyin between them.

Opr

Comment

Boiling a ham in pear cider right now
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                    I don't know why I had in my head that you were Kildare
                                                                                    You're right as of 2019. We bought down here around 18 months ago but I was splitting my time between Kildare and Waterford. I got down here full time around 4 months ago.

My family home is in Kildare though and I was working in Dublin so that's the confusion.

Comment

I didn't think I'd ever watch a 32 minute video of a man chopping up things, but here we are.

Legendary chef Jacques Pepin joins our Test Kitchen Director Josh Cohen to demonstrate basic knife skills! READ MORE ►► https://f52.co/2MhjctKAlso featured i...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                        Certainly seems like some unravelling is going on. George Lee tilts me something rotten though.
                                                                                        He's fucking awful. Still calls it Covid ID on occasion. You can see the wheels turning in his head trying to correct it. I'd say he's had a few bollockings.

He's also asked the same question to the CMO that was just asked by another journo on numerous occasions. Holahan has looked at him in almost disbelief the odd time.

Comment

Old trampoline - €0-

You don't look anything like I would have expected!

Comment

New seasons of Ozarks is quite good and if you enjoyed the first season but lost interest like me during the trainwreck of a second season it is worth picking up again especially if struggling to find something to watch during captivity. About to give the first episode of Devs a go. Know nothing about it other than Alex Garland wrote and directed it.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              Decided to become a slipper wanker with the ongoing house arrest and ordered a pair of these lads.

Presumably something like the house slippers most Scandis have. Should add one additional layer of self-satisfaction to my life.
                                                                                              Washable seems good, I dont have smelly shoes, but slippers need to be changed every 6-12 months, they pong...maybe its the no socks ?
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Dough was a bit too chewy. Looks good though.

Getting your moneys worth out of that !
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Stable genius says he will ignore the science and go with his errrm...genius

Be grand

Comment

I didn't think I'd ever watch a 32 minute video of a man chopping up things, but here we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMA2SqaDgG8
                                                                                                    Bookmarked. Haven't got 32 mins right now for choppin, but will have 32 mins for choppin sometime very soon.

Comment

Tonights dinner just before it went into the oven

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        Stable genius says he will ignore the science and go with his errrm...genius

Be grand

To be fair he did say that he will listen to all the opinions of the experts prior to making the decision.

Worst thing about that clip was how he described how alot of people will die "violently." It's just not good phraseology to be coming from him and will make alot of people even more anxious.

Comment

Stable genius was really in free flow today

"Staying at home leads to death also. And it's very traumatic for this country. Staying at home, if you look at numbers, that leads to a different kind of death, perhaps, but it leads to death also."
                                                                                                          "Antibiotics used to solve every problem and now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten to brilliant that the anti-antibiotic can't keep up with it."

Comment

CNN town hall with cdc director yesterday chec out the bottom question

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              Stable genius was really in free flow today
                                                                                                              He kept talking about the virus being a genius

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                Getting your moneys worth out of that !
                                                                                                                Pizza is king. So frustrating though. I've resolved to to proper split testing of dough recipes over the weekend. Mine is either too springy or just toigh. Gonna test different hydration levels and ditching anything but flour, water, salt, and yeast.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                Bookmarked. Haven't got 32 mins right now for choppin, but will have 32 mins for choppin sometime very soon.
                                                                                                                Find him so soothing to listen to. Great juxtaposition with the over enthusiastic young lad in that video.
                                                                                                                Birthday next week so gonna splash out on a good knife.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    Would ye guys retweet this. It's my buddy's gran. Doing it for his mother as she's not in too happy a place due to the lockdown - and thought it would give her a nice story when on the phone to the gran. It's pretty nice actually.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Retweeted to make sure Leo sees it

Comment

Done hitch

Comment

Irsh Open online is interesting to watch. Wouldn't be big up on current poker crushers but seeing the like of Antonius, Drinan, Holz etc up against Billy from the local in Westport who is 5 betting with K2 sooted is fun. Looks like it will hit close to 3 million so id imagine will be a tough last few tables. Nice if a few from here got a run.

Comment

Finding time to do things you don't normally have time to do. Loving this lockdown..

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X