Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loads of wild garlic found in the forest, so it's wild garlic pesto time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
      To give my body a break I took a day off the home drinking. Plus I had run out of stock.
      I didn't go into Dunnes (queue was a 100 long at 7.30pm) but in Dealz Blanch to buy vape liquid and can confirm they have basic '5 pack of socks', '3 pack of jocks' that the likes of Penneys sell.

Comment

Still need to keep up the pretentious london lifestyle, so we're having a bottomless brunch on Zoom @ 11am.

Just have the avocodos resting, and the prosecco chilling.

Going to be the strangest bank holiday weekend of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          The forest is right beside where you live I hope?

Comment

Nearly through my first batch already, gotta go get more. Any highlight uses for it other than spreading it on bread or making pasta? My mother put it on some lamb before and it was amazing
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
              These aren't real things are they
              Yep.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Did you check the flux capacitor?
              Golden
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hope she pops over to defend her title next year

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                    Nearly through my first batch already, gotta go get more. Any highlight uses for it other than spreading it on bread or making pasta? My mother put it on some lamb before and it was amazing
                    Where are you sourcing your wild garlic from or is that a closely guarded secret?

Mrs Lao Lao has been banging on about making a wild garlic pesto for a few weeks now but no joy in finding any - Being kept to a 2km radius obvs doesn't help.

We've had to make do with the wild garlic pesto that they are selling in Forest Avenue which in reality is way better than we could ever make ourselves but she still wants to make her own.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                      Both my sisters (nurses) have symptoms , both tested, should know today.

Younger sister's test came back negative. Older sister's result hasn't come back yet.

Just spoke to a guy in the White House on the Covid task force (7am call), nice guy but didn't give me any juicy info.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                        The forest is right beside where you live I hope?
                        eh, 20 minute drive. probably 3 miles.

wild garlic potato salad is yummy also.

a tip i got from someone a few years back is to make loads and freeze it in ice cube trays, so you can defrost just what you need every time

Comment

A dirty old pervert named Olly
                          Hired a Chinese hooker called Molly
                          She bit on his knob
                          It came off in her gob
                          But at least she said she was solly
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            Chopped tomatoes, tossed in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Spooned on with juice. Grated parmesan..

Cooked in butter in an omelette maker, eh, a frying pan ..

Spoilered so MrsF doesn't spew her guts

SPOILER
                            [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                            Made this version this morning, preset good Laz.

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            Richard Osmans quiz again this week for anyone that wants to have a crack

All the answers this week, begin with the letter 'B'

SPOILER

1. I have left the brands out of these famous UK advertising slogans.

a) AHHHHH ___________! Bisto
                            b) YOU CAN DO IT, WHEN YOU ______ IT B&Q
                            c) ________ A TASTE OF PARADISE bounty
                            d) ___________ POTATO WAFFLES, THEY’RE WAFFLY VERSATILE birdseye
                            e) BRING OUT THE ___________! Bachelors
                            f) ______ THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE BMW
                            g) ______________ HOME OF THE WHOPPER Burger King

2. More European capital cities begin with the letter ‘B’ than any other letter. What are the capital cities of these countries?

a) GERMANY Berlin’s
                            b) BELGIUM Brussels
                            c) HUNGARY Budapest
                            d) ROMANIA Bucharest
                            e) SERBIA
                            f) SWITZERLAND Basel
                            g) SLOVAKIA Bratislava

3. Who is the youngest player ever to win the men’s singles Championship at Wimbledon?
                            Boris Becker

4. Clues to two different people who share the same surname. What are the surnames?

a) FORMER UK PRIME MINISTER AND SEX MACHINE Blair
                            b) FORMER UK PRIME MINISTER AND STAR OF ‘GIVE US A CLUE’.
                            c) FORMER UK HOME SECRETARY FAMOUS FOR RIPPING SKIRT OFF ON STAGE
                            d) HAS PLAYED BATMAN AND FOOTBALL FOR WALES Bale
                            e) STAR OF ‘ET’ AND ‘STRIKE IT LUCKY’
                            f) LIVERPOOL FOOTBALLER WHO WON THE BOOKER PRIZE FOR ‘THE SENSE OF AN ENDING’
                            g) HOST OF ‘BLIND DATE’ AND 400M RELAY GOLD MEDAL WINNER Black

5. There were seven sitcoms beginning with the letter B in the top 100 of the Radio Times list of the Greatest British Sitcoms. Below are pairs of actors from each sitcom. Name the sitcoms.

a) RIK MAYALL AND ADE EDMONDSON
                            b) WENDY CRAIG AND NICHOLAS LYNDHURST
                            c) LINDA ROBSON AND PAULINE QUIRKE birds of a feather
                            d) JEAN BOHT AND VICTOR McGUIRE
                            e) MIRANDA RICHARDSON AND MIRIAM MARGOLYES
                            f) CHRIS BARRIE AND PIPPA HAYWOOD
                            g) DYLAN MORAN AND BILL BAILEY blackbooks

6. What was Yogi Bear’s sidekick called?

7. Who wrote these books? Their surnames begin with B.

a) THE DA VINCI CODE dan brown
                            b) WUTHERING HEIGHTS Emily bronte
                            c) JAWS
                            d) PETER PAN
                            e) NOTES FROM A SMALL ISLAND
                            f) POSSESSION
                            g) PADDINGTON BEAR
                            h) FIVE ON A TREASURE ISLAND Enid Blyton

8. There are 7 UK cities beginning with ‘B’. Name them please. A point for each.
                            Birmingham
                            Bristol
                            Bradford
                            Belfast

Barnsley?

9. Which famous animation character was originally going to be called ‘Lunar Larry’?
                            Bart Simpson?

10. Name these famous ‘BB’ television shows.

a) HOSTED BY TERRY WOGAN AND LES DAWSON
                            b) REALITY TV SHOW LAUNCHED IN 2000 ON CHANNEL 4 big brother
                            c) BBC1 SNOOKER GAME SHOW big break
                            d) US DRAMA ABOUT A CHEMISTRY TEACHER TAKING AN UNCONVENTIONAL CAREER TURN breaking bad

Comment

A proud Wicklow man, Chad so they say
                              Went to get his mickey tattooed one day
                              He wanted it to attest
                              'WICKLOW IS BEST!'
                              But his knob only stretched out to K
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                Post a video of you doing perfect scrambled eggs in 20 seconds please.
                                oops..I overcooked them.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                  Where are you sourcing your wild garlic from or is that a closely guarded secret?

Mrs Lao Lao has been banging on about making a wild garlic pesto for a few weeks now but no joy in finding any - Being kept to a 2km radius obvs doesn't help.

We've had to make do with the wild garlic pesto that they are selling in Forest Avenue which in reality is way better than we could ever make ourselves but she still wants to make her own.
                                  Phoenix park, which is right by my house, can give you an exact location if you need. Also its all over deerpark golf course, plenty on the road in and on the course. Had a smelly golf bag full of it the first time I discovered that
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Also id sincerely doubt that pesto is nicer than youll make yourself, its pretty easy! plus you can tweak it after your first batch
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                      oops..I overcooked them.

http://youtu.be/XZLkDOsKF7k
                                      Doesn't bear any more than a passing resemblance to scrambled eggs but you're close to a nice omelette
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        A proud Wicklow man, Chad so they say
                                        Went to get his mickey tattooed one day
                                        He wanted it to attest
                                        'WICKLOW IS BEST!'
                                        But his knob only stretched out to K
                                        We changed the font to 8 and squeezed it all in.

Comment

Older sister's test is positive , honestly thought it would be, I was speaking to her yesterday and the cough she has and other symptoms didn't sound good.

I assume now that all the patients who were tested at the care home where she works will also be Covid too.

There was a PPE shortage there, supervisors moaning about whether they "needed" to change masks etc.

Even though I was 99% sure it would come back positive it still hits you in the gut when it's confirmed.

Comment

Phoenix park, which is right by my house, can give you an exact location if you need. Also its all over deerpark golf course, plenty on the road in and on the course. Had a smelly golf bag full of it the first time I discovered that
                                            Also id sincerely doubt that pesto is nicer than youll make yourself, its pretty easy! plus you can tweak it after your first batch
                                            Yes, if you wouldn't mind letting me know the exact location, either here or by PM, that'd be great, thanks! It'll be a few weeks before we get back up to the Phoenix Park as it's outside the 2km zone for me.

Ah, I was only half joking on the Forest Avenue. As the restaurant is closed, some of the chefs are still coming in and making stuff that they are selling as a green grocers. It's right around the corner from me so we've tried to support them a bit although we'd only get a few bits each week as it ain't bleedin cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              Doesn't bear any more than a passing resemblance to scrambled eggs but you're close to a nice omelette
                                              If it aint fried, boiled, poached or has stuff inside it, its scrambled.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

We need more dinner pics tonight. This is a community.

Comment

Yes, if you wouldn't mind letting me know the exact location, either here or by PM, that'd be great, thanks! It'll be a few weeks before we get back up to the Phoenix Park as it's outside the 2km zone for me.

Ah, I was only half joking on the Forest Avenue. As the restaurant is closed, some of the chefs are still coming in and making stuff that they are selling as a green grocers. It's right around the corner from me so we've tried to support them a bit although we'd only get a few bits each week as it ain't bleedin cheap!
                                                  might not be worthwhile in a few weeks tbh. best time to get wild garlic is when they're very young, before the flowers start growing, so march/april . After that you can still grab them and they're still ok but they've lost a little flavor

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                    Had a Penang curry with chicken thighs ad rice last night. Wild garlic pesto pasta after all the talk tonight likely
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                      oops..I overcooked them.

http://youtu.be/XZLkDOsKF7k
                                                      Class. What of give for a gas hob
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

might not be worthwhile in a few weeks tbh. best time to get wild garlic is when they're very young, before the flowers start growing, so march/april . After that you can still grab them and they're still ok but they've lost a little flavor
                                                        I'm not brave enough to risk the wrath of HJ

Comment

There was a boy called Cillian De Gascun

Who did a line with Bibi Baskin

She was the teacher he was the student

The whole affair wasn't very prudent

Didnt hurt his studies as he finished top student

Comment

Only just copped it's good Fri and would have been off work anyway.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Should I watch Tiger King? I don't really know what the story with it is. Wouldn't be into car crash TV of damaged people if that's what it is.

Comment

I'm in work and Mrs Lao Lao is at home, so I text her

Me : I have good news and bad news
                                                                Her : What? bad news first!
                                                                Me : OK - It's in the Phoenix Park which is outisde our 2km radius
                                                                Her : DAFUQ????

It really is the little things that give the most pleasure...

Comment

Would it be in poor taste to say you're really enjoying the lockdown?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                    Should I watch Tiger King? I don't really know what the story with it is. Wouldn't be into car crash TV of damaged people if that's what it is.
                                                                    That's what it is. I packed it in after an episode.

Comment

Classic French omelette. Lose points for not fully mixing the eggs, 10 seconds over cooked, and badly folded.

Comment

For months I've seen this beer on the shelf at my local Spar. Decided to give it a spin last night. Surprisingly nice beer. Real handy for when you promise the wife you'll only grab 2 cans.

Comment

Only just copped it's good Fri and would have been off work anyway.
                                                                          Would it be in poor taste to say you're really enjoying the lockdown?
                                                                          No. But it would be to be having anything other than a fish dinner today on account of it being good friday.

btw Kish Fish do outstanding smoked haddock, havent tried their smoked cod yet. Its proper smoked, not just coloured and smoke flavour smeared into it like it would be in supermarkets, Kish goes through a proper smoking process. Better than restaurant quality.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                            It's a black fast Friday, so expecting meat-free pics today from everyone.

Just had chip butty and curry sauce after a 10K run (within 1K of house) but forgot to take pictures.

Comment

I'm making spaghetti meatballs.

Comment

Steady on now. Ill give you a pass only because you had completely forgotten it was good friday today and technically it will be tomorrow by the time you have your dinner so thats ok. But if you did it in good conscience thats another thing all together.

Comment

Media mole says 2 week restrictions extension is what's being announced tomorrow.

I'd say they'll announce it until the May BH and if we're over the worst of it, loosen up a bit then. June BH wouldnt surprise me though tbh.
                                                                                  Live announcement at 4pm

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Hope she pops over to defend her title next year
                                                                                    If she pops out it'll be the end of social distancing for me.

Comment

Heathen

Comment

I'm on chapo side, send lokation
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Pork fillet, wrapped in bacon, stuffed with homemade sausage and apple stuffing. A good friday indeed

Comment

Pork fillet, wrapped in bacon, stuffed with homemade sausage and apple stuffing. A good friday indeed
                                                                                            The Ricky Gervais of good Friday meals
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

The Ricky Gervais of good Friday meals
                                                                                              If you say so m8. I don't get the reference tbh

Comment

Case of craft wanker beer arrived from craft central.
                                                                                                All is right with the world
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Ugh Leaving Cert not until late July...means no first years in September...How the hell is that gonna work?

Comment

Leaving postponed to july/august
                                                                                                    Junior cert cancelled

Comment

Black Friday = no meat.

Just having spag meatballs ala lazare

Comment

He's a pushy atheist.
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Three more weeks, restrictions extended until 5th May.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            Case of craft wanker beer arrived from craft central.
                                                                                                            All is right with the world
                                                                                                            The crowd who make the lager I like down here are delivering nationwide, may be of use at a pinch. I have no idea whether their IPA is any good, they're called Treaty City Brewery anyway.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                Ugh Leaving Cert not until late July...means no first years in September...How the hell is that gonna work?
                                                                                                                Start in October/November I guess and run late or compress the university year.
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                  I guess things will just start in October at some point. Not too big an issue.
                                                                                                                  If only all businesses were facing a mere 4/6 week disruption to their revenue.
                                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

I guess things will just start in October at some point. Not too big an issue.
                                                                                                                      I suppose it will have to be for everyone, rather than just first years? Something like 10 weeks of semester, then Christmas, then the final 2 weeks then exams?

Comment

...

Comment

I'm not so sure. It's a bit of that definitely. But its really a fascinating look into their lives. Ultimately and objectively its a car crash where everyone crashes, but the people themselves are living their lives in their way.
                                                                                                                          I found it a bit like watching the early episodes of an X-factor season which essentially amounts to laughing at people who probably have mental health issues. There was nothing in it I found particularly enriching anyway so I turned it off.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X