This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    I was at a retirement party on Saturday night for a guy that was leaving our place.

There was some of his family there and the rest was all our work crew, no partners, just staff. We had the upstairs of a venue all to ourselves so no other people were there. Great night had, with plenty of pints and when I'm heading home at around 2am, I can't find my coat. Searched the entire place (it wasn't that big) and no sign of it.

I know it's not stolen as we're the only people in the venue so reckon one of the lads took it by mistake in their inebriated state. Our HR manager is still there at this point and she helps me look again, the only coat there is a black women's coat from Zara. Definitely not mine, which I tell her. In the end of night drunkenness', she must have asked me three or four times was it my coat until I eventually tell her to get a grip, it's clearly a women's coat (in a friendly way of course) - I head home coatless.

Fast forward to Monday and I ask a few of the lads if they accidently took my coat home, but all responses are negative.

This morning, the HR manager sends an All Staff e-mail saying that she still has a black women's Zara coat from the party. I'm about to reply to the e-mail to say 'And I'm also missing a green overcoat too, if anybody has that?' when Mrs Lao Lao sends me a What's App;

'You're never going to fucking live this one down!'

'What?'

She then sends me a video of her opening our wardrobe and taking my coat out of it. The coat that I wore on Saturday night to the party. The coat that had gone missing.

I'm scratching my head, I definetely left the party with no coat. 100% certain of that, it was fucking cold and I was fucking cold waiting for my taxi...Oh fuck...

'Eh, babe, are you missing a Zara coat by any chance?'

'Yes, I am. A black one'

Sweet.

Mother.

Of.

Fucking.

Jesus.

I went to the fucking party wearing Mrs Lao Lao's coat. I have absolutely no idea how the fuck I did this. I was stone cold sober leaving the house, not a drop of alcohol had passed my lips They are two very different coats and I don't own a coat anything like it.

I let the HR manager know and she proceeded to absolutely rip the piss out of me and then replied to her All Staff and let every employee know that she found out that the coat belonged to Mrs Lao Lao and that I was wearing my wife clothes on Saturday and that she was scarlet for me.

I have been getting the piss ripped out of me for the entire morning - It will take a very, very, very long time to live this one down

FML

Sent on to my HR missus. She was in raptures

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I laughed my diet coke up. Funny.

However the bolded part is more embarrassing
      To be fair to her, she's from Cork and then moved to D4 at an early age so English isn't her first language

Comment

Mortgage related question: when applying for one, would you need to declare all monies held in other accounts?

Say if applying to AIB but had an account with Credit Union or An Post for example, would you need to provide statements for these?

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
          Mortgage related question: when applying for one, would you need to declare all monies held in other accounts?

Say if applying to AIB but had an account with Credit Union or An Post for example, would you need to provide statements for these?

Yes, we had to give everything - All savings accounts , all bank accounts, any loans, credit cards, etc - The whole lot

Comment

Yes, we had to give everything - All savings accounts , all bank accounts, any loans, credit cards, etc - The whole lot
            Cool, that’s what i figured.

Thought maybe if i had an account that had no link to the applicant bank (Dds, standing orders to/from) that you might be able to get away with it as the bank would never know. But guess you might still be in breach of the mortgage terms.

Comment

Although there may be some register with details of all accounts held with financial institutes per person for what I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                Yer a bigger man than I Lao Lao, I'd have let the missus freeze.
                that's exactly what I was thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

1991 or 1962?

1991, I plan to watch the 62 version soon

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                    Although there may be some register with details of all accounts held with financial institutes per person for what I know.

I could be totally wrong but I'm sure they check you out against a credit register (possibly not the technical name) so all loans show up, failure to declare them in advance wouldn't go down well. Credit unions didn't back in the day but that changed a good while ago.

I know on our application, they specifically asked about all accounts with credit unions, revolut, etc all called out specifically.

If you have an account with just savings in it, you want to show that as it's proof that you can save and have money for the deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

I went to see that (the 1991 version obviously, I'm not SP) in the Cinema, I was either 14 or 15. Scared the crap out of me. Now though I can;t even think of it without visions of Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes.

Comment

I could be totally wrong but I'm sure they check you out against a credit register (possibly not the technical name) so all loans show up, failure to declare them in advance wouldn't go down well. Credit unions didn't back in the day but that changed a good while ago.

I know on our application, they specifically asked about all accounts with credit unions, revolut, etc all called out specifically.

If you have an account with just savings in it, you want to show that as it's proof that you can save and have money for the deposit.
                        This is largely the information you’ll want to know:

Credit information is recorded over time until five years of information is shown on your credit report.

However, while a loan is still active (one where payments are still being made, or are expected to be made), lenders will see only the most recent two years of payment information on the credit report provided to them.

They will also see limited information on key repayment indicators within the last five years, for example the Maximum Number of Payments Past Due within the last five years of the contract’s history.

When a loan has been closed (where all payments have been discharged, or the loan closed off or written off by the lender), the information will be completely removed from the credit report five years after the last payment was made.

Personal information is held on the Central Credit Register for a period of five years from the date the last loan was paid off.

Each time you or a prospective lender obtains your credit report, a record is created on your credit report, called a footprint. This footprint records the date, the lender name, and the reason why that particular lender sought your credit report.

The footprint is shown at the end of the report for a period of five years after a lender last requested your credit report.

The identification documents you provide as part of your application will be retained for a period of five years.

I’d recommend requesting your Credit report and confirming that the details are correct.

It has changed quite a bit in recent years with periodic adjustments to what was included in 2017, 2018 & 2019 so there is a chance there may be some errors.
                        Last edited by Murdrum; 21-02-23, 17:11.

Comment

Think I saw some folks here recommending The Menu. That was absolutely garbage. I get the in-joke but it wasn't good enough to carry the film. Gotta be one of the worst films I've seen in the last 5 years.

On the other hand Tulsa King, 1883, 1923 are all great. Enjoyable easy watching shows.
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

that's exactly what I was thinking!
                            Mexico city for a month or two..yay o nay?

how have you found it..safe, good experience..??
                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                              Think I saw some folks here recommending The Menu. That was absolutely garbage. I get the in-joke but it wasn't good enough to carry the film. Gotta be one of the worst films I've seen in the last 5 years.

On the other hand Tulsa King, 1883, 1923 are all great. Enjoyable easy watching shows.
                              Don't get the love for Tulsa King, its meh at best and gets poorer episode by episode.

The Gold on BBC is a very entertaining telling of the story behind the Brinks Mat bullion robbery, it takes a quite an original angle in the background. Another British TV series that undeservedly went almost unnoticed was ITV's A Spy Amongst Friends which retells the Kim Philby story.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Taxi driver on Monday morning was born in India, lives in Ireland last 20 years. Married to a Polish woman he'd met in Ireland. 2 kids and both of them in a Gaelscoil.

Eldest 9 years old and fluent in Punjabi, Polish, English and hopefully Irish soon too.

Class.

Comment

For any that like Tulsa King, The Mayor of Kingstown is similar fare. Written by same guy.

Comment

Oddly it’s a current account i wouldn’t want them to see. All legal but possibly related to the general original purpose of this site

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      Taxi Driver on Monday morning was born in India, lives in Ireland last 20 years. Married to a Polish woman he'd met in Ireland. 2 kids and both of them in a Gaelscoil.

Eldest 9 years old and fluent in Punjabi, Polish, English and hopefully Irish soon too.

Class.
                                      THIS is where the story loses its credibility

Comment

Win the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you could buy Lollerpool some new players.

(They were 2-0 up before I took the dog out, wtf)
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Has Klopp, eh, 'had work done'? His face looks weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Has Klopp, eh, 'had work done'? His face looks weird.
                                            Dont see any difference
                                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Anfield flat as a pancake

Comment

Pretty sure I saw the 1991 version at Queen's Film Theatre in Belfast when it was released in UK in March 1992 (vs. Nov. 1991 release in US according to Google).

Will deffo revisit it now (after I'm done with Dahmer on Netflix).

Watched Pulp Fiction for the first time in 20-odd years last week in glorious HD and it was awesome (and especially poignant given the breaking Bruce Willis news).

First saw it on its 1994 release in Vancouver and probably 10 years later on ITV with a crappy picture on a portable TV. Enjoyable for sure but definitely 'wow' in HD where all the detail is enhanced.

Comment

PS... just about to watch for the second time in 20 years (probably tomorrow or Friday) the final episode of Six Feet Under which ran on HBO (and Channel 4 where I watched it on a Thursday night at 10pm IIRC) for 5 seasons from 2001 to 2005.

Oft heralded as one of the best series endings ever made I'm very much looking forward to it cos I can only remember a few small snatches of it from the first time around but know it's 8 minute 'denouement' is a special and fitting end to the best show ever about life and death.

It's been a hell of a ride revisiting the 63 episodes. Still relevant. Still deadly.

PS... dropping in this trailer for those of you who don't know much about it (sorry it seems to be only available on the Daily Mail)

Trailer for the acclaimed, dark comedy series 'Six Feet Under' streaming on HBO. The show follows The Fisher family, a dysfunctional family who run an independent funeral home in Los Angeles.

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 21-02-23, 23:10.

Comment

FOX POXED . McCarthy poxed ?

Comment

Any recos for a coffee grinder? Best bang for the buck.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                        The Wilfa Classic Savour is simple to use and gives you the perfect grind for cafetiere, AeroPress, dripper and most other filter grinds. The Wilfa features an easy to use grind adjustment that's built into the 250g hopper and there's also a timed grinding option, so that you can easily grind the same amount of beans each time.

Can be bought for c. 100 definitely great value IMO

+ works very well
                                                        + reasonably easy to keep clean
                                                        - timer knob is too lose and difficult to control the correct amount - a digital measure of time and this would be perfect

Comment

I have this and have no complaints. It is fairly hard to find something below this price point for making decent espresso so I think that would be considered fairly entry-level.

The best bang for the buck in the home market at the higher end of the scale is generally considered the Niche Zero.

They say you should spend twice as much on the grinder as you intend to spend on the machine as it has a far bigger influence on the standard of coffee you end up with.

Last edited by Opr; 22-02-23, 00:08.

Comment

On the same topic, this (Póg Mhilis) is the really nice new coffee that I ordered by chance recently and am loving. I usually like more darker earthy, chocolatey type stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                              PS... just about to watch for the second time in 20 years (probably tomorrow or Friday) the final episode of Six Feet Under which ran on HBO (and Channel 4 where I watched it on a Thursday night at 10pm IIRC) for 5 seasons from 2001 to 2005.

Oft heralded as one of the best series endings ever made I'm very much looking forward to it cos I can only remember a few small snatches of it from the first time around but know it's 8 minute 'denouement' is a special and fitting end to the best show ever about life and death.

It's been a hell of a ride revisiting the 63 episodes. Still relevant. Still deadly.

PS... dropping in this trailer for those of you who don't know much about it (sorry it seems to be only available on the Daily Mail)

Trailer for the acclaimed, dark comedy series 'Six Feet Under' streaming on HBO. The show follows The Fisher family, a dysfunctional family who run an independent funeral home in Los Angeles.

I watched that shortly after it came and I still remember it, incredible tv.

Comment

I’ve heard similar to OPR regarding spending more on the grinder but based on what you said on bang for your buck.

I bought this a few years ago for approx 40e and it’s been totally fine paired with an aeropress.

Comment

Speaking of oldies I noticed a late 90s BBC one id watched when it was out first is up on youtube, must rewatch and see if its any use as i remember it being half decent. The Lakes by Jimmy McGovern. Only 4 episodes, first one below.

Comment

Mick Wallace, RuSSian agent:

Comment

I got one of those delonghi bean to cup machines last week on a warehouse deal. It's Esam4200. Had a double shot the other morning and spent the day trying not to have a panic attack. Nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                        For any that like Tulsa King, The Mayor of Kingstown is similar fare. Written by same guy.
                                                                        Mayor of Kingstown is great. Am interested if the entire 2nd series was in the can before the accident.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I watched that shortly after it came and I still remember it, incredible tv.
                                                                          Never could fully decide between the mother and the daughter

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Never could fully decide between the mother and the daughter
                                                                            The mother (Frances Conroy) was only 48 when the series started in 2001.

I suppose she was playing someone in her mid-60s as Nate her eldest son turned 40 in the final season.

I presume you were in your late 30s at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              I got one of those delonghi bean to cup machines last week on a warehouse deal. It's Esam4200. Had a double shot the other morning and spent the day trying not to have a panic attack. Nice though.
                                                                              What sites are good for deals do you find?
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

What sites are good for deals do you find?
                                                                                Oh I just mean an Amazon warehouse deal. They have 30% every so often on returned goods or stuff with damaged packaging etc. I paid about €240 total think it's about £400 ordinarily.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Oh I just mean an Amazon warehouse deal. They have 30% every so often on returned goods or stuff with damaged packaging etc. I paid about €240 total think it's about £400 ordinarily.
                                                                                  Ah right,
                                                                                  I do wonder sometimes if the lightning sales are actually sales or not in reality,
                                                                                  Even with the camel extension.

I came across The Forklift - The Amazon Warehouse Deals Livestream and Search Engine
                                                                                  and bought an electric hedge trimmer and a pair of boots. Both were A1 Sharon, but finding more things can be tedious.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Winning (Dan Wilson) on the EPT Paris stream there now

Day 2 of action at the European Poker Tour Paris €5,300 buy-in Main Event is finally here! The remaining 566 players including chip leader Teun Mulder will b...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Don't get the love for Tulsa King, its meh at best and gets poorer episode by episode.

The Gold on BBC is a very entertaining telling of the story behind the Brinks Mat bullion robbery, it takes a quite an original angle in the background. Another British TV series that undeservedly went almost unnoticed was ITV's A Spy Amongst Friends which retells the Kim Philby story.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        Winning (Dan Wilson) on the EPT Paris stream there now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEfn...nel=PokerStars
                                                                                        That was some call with the Queens after the clown called clock on him. Think he was close to folding before that so yer man screwed himself out of a nice pot

Comment

I must start a new thread soon for the craic. 60k posts or thereabouts seems like a good time to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                            I must start a new thread soon for the craic. 60k posts or thereabouts seems like a good time to do so.
                                                                                            Obviously with thread sponsorship supplied by the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp.

Less than three weeks to go, get your entry in today and relax in our virtual HHE metaverse lounge. Choose your own horsehead avatar and mingle with former champions such as Oleras, rounders and Dice. Plus a bunch of less distinguished losers.

Comment

Silly Cheltenham, silly horse racing.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                Silly Cheltenham, silly horse racing.
                                                                                                Well, there goes your free entry to our HHE metaverse.

Comment

RIP Motty. The footie soundtrack to my youth was full of Motty exclamations

Comment

Sad news.

In better news,
                                                                                                    Billy Connolly apparently still alive.

Comment

A year to the day in a few short hours. Amazing to look back and see through the lens of history the sheer futility of what Mad Vlad has done (or more correctly, attempted to do and failed) in Ukraine.

Comment

Anybody follow Brad Owen's vlogs on YouTube. Recently wrapped up 2022 where he had his best ever year (think it was over 200k) thanks to reasonable cash results and over 100k in tournament scores. Been playing high stakes cash this week at the club in Texas where he's part owner and looks like he's down about 300k, including shoving 37k (at 50/100/200) over a limp-cold 4bet with 72o last night. Seems like he's kind of lost the plot. Upcoming vlogs will be interesting!

Comment

He was only born 2 months earlier than Martin Tyler. Get the hint Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                            Anybody follow Brad Owen's vlogs on YouTube. Recently wrapped up 2022 where he had his best ever year (think it was over 200k) thanks to reasonable cash results and over 100k in tournament scores. Been playing high stakes cash this week at the club in Texas where he's part owner and looks like he's down about 300k, including shoving 37k (at 50/100/200) over a limp-cold 4bet with 72o last night. Seems like he's kind of lost the plot. Upcoming vlogs will be interesting!
                                                                                                            Yeah I follow him years.
                                                                                                            Kinda get the feeling he is biting off more than he can chew at those levels (not skill wise per se but variance) and kinda trying to outdo Rampage (who has had a meteoric rise, but seems kinda bad) who has had some massive tourney results and mental cash game swings.
                                                                                                            I dunno if he's doing it for content or as you said, lost the plot.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I only saw him as a suggested video a while back when he was playing 2/5 maybe? Some jump

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                I only saw him as a suggested video a while back when he was playing 2/5 maybe? Some jump
                                                                                                                He's on that youtube money

Comment

New thread here

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                  X